5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

F35Driver

Reaction score
First post here. Just ordered 2/10/2022. Got my VIN today and registered on the tracking link. Big thanks to the guys keeping track of the orders.

2022 Rebel 4x4
Billet Silver Two-Tone
5.7L HEMI (no eTorque)
Rebel Level 2
Night Edition
Comfort & Convenience
9 Amplified Speakers w/ Subwoofer
Electric Shift On Demand Transfer Case
Trailer Brake Control
Mopar Spray In Bedliner
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection

Wanted one final V8 before they become extinct. This is my first Ram (although we have his and hers Grand Cherokees). I’ve had 3 Fords, 2 Toyotas, and a Chevy. I’ve completed all the bases now. Hoping this one is a home run. Looking forward to my new retirement toy.
looks like we have a similar idea for retirement. congrats to you!

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Looking for advice. I'm currently stationed overseas and I'll be ordering my retirement gift as I wrap up 20 years in the Marine Corps. I've never owned a truck but I've been reading the blogs and lots of reviews for a while. My research has led me to this:

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7 V8 Hemi (not Etorque), 4x4, Crew Cab 5'7" box, Laramie Level 1 equipment group, 33 gal file tank, bed utility group, chrome appearance group, off-road group, trailer tow group, Ram box, standard 8.4" display (no nav), bucket seats and tow assist. Prices out around $65k (plus some other fees).

Curious what you all have (or don't have) on your trucks, and what you would (or would not) want on your truck if you were to build a new truck. I was torn on the Ecodiesel, 12" display, Level 2 group and the safety group. Thanks and I look forward to joining the Ram family (and retirement)!
Thank you for your service. That is a long time during some hard times. You deserve a truck!

As far as options go, a lot of that is personal preference. I am not a fan of the safety group as the vehicles I have driven with them were pretty annoying (shaking wheel and trying to correct if you change lanes without using your signal, braking for imaginary stuff or lines in the roadway etc.) I had the 8.4" display in my Rebel and was happy with it but the 12" display is really nice. I do recommend the 33 gallon tank. I like the Ram Box but you do lose some bed space. Most of it is personal preference. I have owned 5 Dodge/ Ram trucks to date and loved every single one of them. Number 6 is on order and should be here in about a month. (TRX)

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for advice. I'm currently stationed overseas and I'll be ordering my retirement gift as I wrap up 20 years in the Marine Corps. I've never owned a truck but I've been reading the blogs and lots of reviews for a while. My research has led me to this:

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7 V8 Hemi (not Etorque), 4x4, Crew Cab 5'7" box, Laramie Level 1 equipment group, 33 gal file tank, bed utility group, chrome appearance group, off-road group, trailer tow group, Ram box, standard 8.4" display (no nav), bucket seats and tow assist. Prices out around $65k (plus some other fees).

Curious what you all have (or don't have) on your trucks, and what you would (or would not) want on your truck if you were to build a new truck. I was torn on the Ecodiesel, 12" display, Level 2 group and the safety group. Thanks and I look forward to joining the Ram family (and retirement)!
First, S/F and congrats on retirement.

For me, I wouldn't get another Laramie without the Southwest Edition or the eTorque. The Southwest Edition is an incredible package for what it costs. The eTorque is much better than I expected. I'd also recommend the 12" display, which is included with the Southwest Edition. Honestly, if I were to build a new truck today, I don't know that there's a single thing I'd change. Maybe the brown/beige interior if they ever start offering it again lol.

Also, what's your main use for the truck? Mine is almost exclusively to tow our camper around the country, so I set my truck up for that.

Other than that, I'll throw it out that you should contact Mark Dodge in Louisiana if you haven't already.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
looks like we have a similar idea for retirement. congrats to you!
First off, thank you sir for your service to our country and protecting our freedoms!

I retired at the end of December but continue to work on a contractor basis through a transition period training my replacement. As far as options go, I decided to special order to get exactly what I wanted. I may do a level and slightly larger tires, but that’s about it unless the exhaust note isn’t quite loud enough for my liking.

I would have ordered the GT package if you could get it without the eTorque. I’m not a fan of the rotary shifter, but I’m less a fan of the more complex generator/battery setup for the eTorque. I’ve read of some issues with it stranding people and then being without their new truck waiting on parts. I’ll take a hit on gas mileage with the old alternator setup. I’ve pretty much become programmed to shut off the auto stop/start feature before I fasten my seat belt, so a smoother auto stop/start feature didn’t interest me.

I had contemplated ordering a TRX, but I’ve got a fun car for that itch and decided something a little more practical made the most sense. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the Ram trucks, so here’s to two retired guys enjoying their new toys. Cheers! 🍻

F35Driver

Reaction score
Thank you for your service. That is a long time during some hard times. You deserve a truck!

As far as options go, a lot of that is personal preference. I am not a fan of the safety group as the vehicles I have driven with them were pretty annoying (shaking wheel and trying to correct if you change lanes without using your signal, braking for imaginary stuff or lines in the roadway etc.) I had the 8.4" display in my Rebel and was happy with it but the 12" display is really nice. I do recommend the 33 gallon tank. I like the Ram Box but you do lose some bed space. Most of it is personal preference. I have owned 5 Dodge/ Ram trucks to date and loved every single one of them. Number 6 is on order and should be here in about a month. (TRX)
Thanks Shifts and Grins. It's been a fun career and it went by quickly! I agree that the new safety features are a bit weird. I've used adaptive cruise control in rental cars--neat feature but I prefer to be driving the vehicle on my own! Sounds like the 12" screen is something I should ponder. I appreciate the advice and I'll let everyone know what I order!

F35Driver

Reaction score
First, S/F and congrats on retirement.

For me, I wouldn't get another Laramie without the Southwest Edition or the eTorque. The Southwest Edition is an incredible package for what it costs. The eTorque is much better than I expected. I'd also recommend the 12" display, which is included with the Southwest Edition. Honestly, if I were to build a new truck today, I don't know that there's a single thing I'd change. Maybe the brown/beige interior if they ever start offering it again lol.

Also, what's your main use for the truck? Mine is almost exclusively to tow our camper around the country, so I set my truck up for that.

Other than that, I'll throw it out that you should contact Mark Dodge in Louisiana if you haven't already.
Thanks SnowBlaZR2, and Semper Fi to you as well. Honestly my main uses are to 1) have a badass truck, 2) let my 3-year son go on rides in my badass truck, 3) tow something one day that I do not yet own, and 4) buy things I don't need at Home Depot so I can justify my truck purchase.

The Southwest Edition does look really nice. I had an expensive run-in with a previous sun roof so I need to think about that. That said, the price is incredible for all you get as you mentioned. Have you had any issues with the Etorque? I've seen some threads about battery packs dying and other weird stuff. I know the Etorque is a few years old, but the electric motor mounted on top of the Hemi seems like something expensive to replace when she decides to fail. I reckon it's impossible to break away from tech nowadays, so I guess it's a balance of saving gas and being a Hemi purist. I'll let you know what I go with! Thank you again!

F35Driver

Reaction score
First off, thank you sir for your service to our country and protecting our freedoms!

I retired at the end of December but continue to work on a contractor basis through a transition period training my replacement. As far as options go, I decided to special order to get exactly what I wanted. I may do a level and slightly larger tires, but that’s about it unless the exhaust note isn’t quite loud enough for my liking.

I would have ordered the GT package if you could get it without the eTorque. I’m not a fan of the rotary shifter, but I’m less a fan of the more complex generator/battery setup for the eTorque. I’ve read of some issues with it stranding people and then being without their new truck waiting on parts. I’ll take a hit on gas mileage with the old alternator setup. I’ve pretty much become programmed to shut off the auto stop/start feature before I fasten my seat belt, so a smoother auto stop/start feature didn’t interest me.

I had contemplated ordering a TRX, but I’ve got a fun car for that itch and decided something a little more practical made the most sense. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the Ram trucks, so here’s to two retired guys enjoying their new toys. Cheers! 🍻
Thanks MO Rebel--it's been a blast but I'm excited (and nervous) for it to come to and end. I guess we all have to get off the roller coster at some point!

Sounds like you and I have similar thoughts on the eTorque. I know blog posts typically aren't filled with people singing praise about their vehicles, so I do that the negative posts with a grain of salt. That said, the "mild hybrid" tech seems a bit immature to me right now. I despise the auto start / stop feature. Love the TRX but I need to save a little money for my boat! Thanks for your input and cheers to our retirement! I'll post what I end up ordering as soon as I pull the trigger.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks SnowBlaZR2, and Semper Fi to you as well. Honestly my main uses are to 1) have a badass truck, 2) let my 3-year son go on rides in my badass truck, 3) tow something one day that I do not yet own, and 4) buy things I don't need at Home Depot so I can justify my truck purchase.

The Southwest Edition does look really nice. I had an expensive run-in with a previous sun roof so I need to think about that. That said, the price is incredible for all you get as you mentioned. Have you had any issues with the Etorque? I've seen some threads about battery packs dying and other weird stuff. I know the Etorque is a few years old, but the electric motor mounted on top of the Hemi seems like something expensive to replace when she decides to fail. I reckon it's impossible to break away from tech nowadays, so I guess it's a balance of saving gas and being a Hemi purist. I'll let you know what I go with! Thank you again!

The good news is that any Ram will meet the first two uses, and most will meet the last two depending on what you want to tow and haul. Coming from a string of GMCs, this is certainly a badass truck.

I've only had my truck for about two months, but no issues so far. As you mentioned, I wouldn't let a couple people on the Internet scare you off something that literally thousands of others have had no problems with. Even if I do have problems, there's an 8 year warranty, so I'll just be putting miles on someone else's truck while they fix it.

My favorite part of the system actually isn't the fuel savings, although it is nice to have 3.92s and get better fuel economy than guys with 3.21s. My favorite part of the system is the regenerative braking. I feel like I'm in my brakes a lot less when I'm towing than any other vehicle I've had. The transmission also feels a lot smoother than Rams I drove without. For the auto start/stop, I really enjoy that feature. If you were stateside, I'd say to go drive a truck with both systems on to see what you think. I didn't like them either, having experienced it with other vehicles, but Ram really nailed both in my opinion. And not having my engine burning fuel at every stoplight is a major bonus.

Foxman717

Reaction score
Anyone got any pictures of their back country trims? I don't see many online, and won't be getting mine for another few weeks.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Shifts and Grins. It's been a fun career and it went by quickly! I agree that the new safety features are a bit weird. I've used adaptive cruise control in rental cars--neat feature but I prefer to be driving the vehicle on my own! Sounds like the 12" screen is something I should ponder. I appreciate the advice and I'll let everyone know what I order!
Looking forward to seeing what you end up with.

cornelius967

Reaction score
Congratulations on the upcoming retirement and much gratitude for your service to "We the People".

One thing that came into play in my calculus was long term ownership and repair costs. I'm hoping that my truck is the last one that I'll ever buy (life expectancy charts say I've got about 25 more summers left). A lot of that "technology" will become obsolete during that time. I specifically didn't want the 12" in screen because there is a very good chance that the screen will stop working sometime in the next 25 years and I'd still like to be able to operate my heater controls, seat heaters (and ventilation), etc.

As for the other options in the technology or safety package, again, they will need to be repaired or replaced someday; knowing how advancements in technology are on an accelerating acceleration vector I anticipate that it will be "old technology" in about 10 years at which point parts will become hard to find or very expensive. So, I didn't go too deep into the technology pool and have accepted that the few things that did come with the truck (rain sensing wipers, auto Hi-beams, etc.) are things that I can live without when they finally stop working.

I had to get the eTorque as it was the only engine offered with the G/T package. I'm intrigued with the concept. I'm less concerned about a battery fire with only 48v flowing and a small battery (I realize that even a small Li-ion battery can make a very hot fire but I figure it's small enough to be put out in one attempt and won't keep re-igniting like a larger battery pack). I also imagine that in 10 years or so, someone will have made an "eTorque" retrofit kit that allows for a removal of the generator and replaces it with an alternator for the folks like me that want to keep driving their old RAM trucks long after they should have been scraped and replaced with the latest technology model.

33 gallon tank is a great option (although it's perplexing to know why it costs $450 for a slightly larger fuel tank). I really liked the "Off Road" package on the '21 Bighorn I recently traded on my '22 G/T. It had the nicest ride of any vehicle I've owned. It was like riding in an Imperial on the highway and climbed mountains like a Jeep Rubicon (the acoustic glass and noise-cancelling audio system bolstered with the limousine like ride on the highway). Bed Utility group was a "must have" for me (although I'm thinking about getting a BedRug to make it more easy on the knees when packing things in the bed of the truck).

All of that to say, "Consider how long you plan to keep it and how much repairs and maintence might be in the long run." Welcome to the 5th Gen Ram Forum.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
First post here. Just ordered 2/10/2022. Got my VIN today and registered on the tracking link. Big thanks to the guys keeping track of the orders.

2022 Rebel 4x4
Billet Silver Two-Tone
5.7L HEMI (no eTorque)
Rebel Level 2
Night Edition
Comfort & Convenience
9 Amplified Speakers w/ Subwoofer
Electric Shift On Demand Transfer Case
Trailer Brake Control
Mopar Spray In Bedliner
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection

Wanted one final V8 before they become extinct. This is my first Ram (although we have his and hers Grand Cherokees). I’ve had 3 Fords, 2 Toyotas, and a Chevy. I’ve completed all the bases now. Hoping this one is a home run. Looking forward to my new retirement toy.

Got my letter from Ram this morning. EDD 4/28/22, 11 weeks to the day from order date. My dealer quoted 10-12 weeks. I’d say they were spot on.

Croak

Reaction score
Ordered my Limited 4x2 on 12/21/21. Order was a bit goofed up because they left out the 33gal tank, bed utility group and 3.92, so they modified the order. But...that placed it as a second order, not a modification. Both went into D status on the 22nd.

Both orders went to D1 on December 23rd (and Stellantis gave them the OK to have two sold orders since it was a modification, dealership happy to get the extra inventory).

In January 2022, the MSRP on both trucks went up just over $1,000, dealer invoice about $900. Thankfully, the dealership cost was locked into the older pricing.

The truck I actually wanted, the second order, went to KZ (shipping) status on Jan 26th. The first order went to KZ on Feb 8th. Mine arrived at my Central Florida dealership on Feb 16th (was at the Orlando rail yard on the 13th). Less than 8 weeks.

The first order as of 2/23 is on a train and just stopped in KY, so it's running about two weeks behind the one I'm driving now, but still in that 8-10 week window the dealership promised.

Ram-583

Reaction score
Ordered my Limited 4x2 on 12/21/21. Order was a bit goofed up because they left out the 33gal tank, bed utility group and 3.92, so they modified the order. But...that placed it as a second order, not a modification. Both went into D status on the 22nd.

Both orders went to D1 on December 23rd (and Stellantis gave them the OK to have two sold orders since it was a modification, dealership happy to get the extra inventory).

In January 2022, the MSRP on both trucks went up just over $1,000, dealer invoice about $900. Thankfully, the dealership cost was locked into the older pricing.

The truck I actually wanted, the second order, went to KZ (shipping) status on Jan 26th. The first order went to KZ on Feb 8th. Mine arrived at my Central Florida dealership on Feb 16th (was at the Orlando rail yard on the 13th). Less than 8 weeks.

The first order as of 2/23 is on a train and just stopped in KY, so it's running about two weeks behind the one I'm driving now, but still in that 8-10 week window the dealership promised.
You sure they didn't screw up ordering a 3.92 with a 4x2? :LOL:

Croak

Reaction score
You sure they didn't screw up ordering a 3.92 with a 4x2? :LOL:
Naw, they got that part right. I have absolutely no use for a 4x4, and totally confident in the size of my manhood so I didn't need four-wheel drive for ego either. :)

But coming from a Challenger 1320, I did want some *** under the pedal, and towing oomph when needed.

Doc10

Reaction score
got my 2022 limited 1500 ... does anyone know if the punchout circled in red is a blank for the cargo camera 2022 Ram 1500 limited or is it a sensor? ... if it's for a cargo camera, is it already wired for it? I can confirm there is no cargo carmera in my 1500 limited and the blue circle is the camera for the rear view mirror display.

Attachments

• Inked20220223_185003_LI2.jpg
    Inked20220223_185003_LI2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 58

morris08

Reaction score
Ordered today 3/8/2022 - from Mark Dodge
2022 Laramie Crew 4x2
Granite Crystal
Night Edition
Level 2
5'7" Bed
5.7L
3.92 Gears
33 Gallon Tank
12" screen
Bed Utility Group
Anti-spin Diff
Wheelhouse Liners

$64,905 MSRP
$56,669 Sale price

Maaaaan!!!! the waiting SUX! ☹️

heffy

Reaction score
Ordered a Rebel eco diesel from MD on 1/25 got a ship date of 3/4 (really build date according to Sandi) sure enough build started on 3/4 finished on 3/7 and loaded on a rail car that day, with eta of 3/15 at the rail yard for unload...then wait for it to be trucked to MD. Hoping to see it before the end of the month!
Rebel 4x4
eco diesel
sunroof
tonneau cover
bed liner
Rebel 2 group
Ram Box
Rebel 12
Blind spot
Safety Group
Block heater
Comfort / Convenience
33 gal tank
Technology Group
Rear Wheelhouse liners

MSRP: $75,475.00

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
Just ordered my Backcountry from Mark Dodge. Granite/ Black., everything pretty standard other than I added the 33 gal fuel tank and the hemi obviously. I think I will have it shipped.

I have basically the same thing 2015 Outdoorsman, granite/black, hemi, 3.92 with 91k miles that I'm gonna put up for sale. Something about the two tone that I really love.

Users who are viewing this thread