5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

chade014

Reaction score
alacombe said:
I ordered and purchased on 4/7/18 as of today its still in "D" status.
It's going to be a while. I purchased mine back in feb and build started March 5th.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I am thinking maybe June I will have it... Plus I have the off road package installed and the skid plates on the build your own ram page showed late availability to the skid plates which come with the off road package so I am sure this will push my truck back even more.

D

Deleted member103

DocBones said:
The fact that FCA jacked up the shipping rate on the customer and negotiates shipping that underperforms like this is atrocious. The SHAP stock lot is, by my estimation 10-15,000 vehicles full waiting shipment. That’s based on S/N’s that are moving versus S/N’s coming off the prod line. For that level of cost on shipping, id rather fly to Sterling Heights and just pick up my truck.
Doc, pretty sure FCA does not allow that . . . probably an OSHA thing+ what ever other reason(s) ! ? ?
Seeing how I may have "contributed" to the dismay (here), May I suggest that OTHER than FCA causes are at play ! I read recently a newsworthy article about how the USA Rail-System is getting "old," yet the Billionaire Owner(s) are 'Slow" in updating or adding capacity or actual Rail-LINES !
Wondering if Politics/Wall Street/Greed come into play ? BUT this point is for "other places," just food for YOUR Own thoughts -personally I don't know and at My stage of life just don't care anymore ! SO, come on FCA -- isn't there something, other than piling up trucks in the yard, YOU can do to "ease are pain ?
Maybe Hire More Long-Haul Truck Drivers / buy more RIGs ? Something, to justify this HIGH shipping FEE ?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
right now rail and trucking are struggling for capacity. Everyone wants their stuff yesterday, so people have to pay, and people will

D

Deleted member103

devildodge said:
right now rail and trucking are struggling for capacity. Everyone wants their stuff yesterday, so people have to pay, and people will
Sometimes I wonder if these things aren't "artificially" rigged in order to get the price where "they" want it to be !? Certainly won't be the 1st time this sort of thing has happened elsewhere in Industry / Medical . . . !?

BBLV

Reaction score
Just got word that my truck moved out of D1 status into the build stage. Hopefully it arrives in May!

D

Deleted member103

BBLV said:
Just got word that my truck moved out of D1 status into the build stage. Hopefully it arrives in May!
Oh, he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes . . . !
263a.png
Build to delivered in under 5 weeks . . . sure thing, no sweat . . .
263a.png
1f606.png

icon_lol.gif

BBLV

Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
Oh, he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes . . . !
263a.png
Build to delivered in under 5 weeks . . . sure thing, no sweat . . .
263a.png
1f606.png

icon_lol.gif

I thought an April delivery was too optimistic ha!

DocBones

Reaction score
chade014 said:
MY TRUCK IS SHIPPING!!!!!! Got the email last night from my guy at the factory!
can you get a guy a hookup? How long is upfitter taking?

chade014

Reaction score
DocBones said:
can you get a guy a hookup? How long is upfitter taking?
I used up my favors on this truck. It was there for about 14-18 days

DocBones

Reaction score
chade014 said:
I used up my favors on this truck. It was there for about 14-18 days
just found out, went to upfitter on 18 apr, and is now KZ status (Cust Serv said it was kz for last 4 days) with tbd eta. Must start invoicing after build is done. So sounds like 3 days on upfitter.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
RAM 4times said:
Finally! i was called today by a dealer to let me know that Ivory Tri-Coat was finally available to order on the limited. After going to my 3 local dealerships i got a great price and put the order in today. now the hard part. waiting. they say 6 to 8 weeks, but i know it will probably be closer to 10 to 12. that's what it was when i ordered my 2013 longhorn 5 years ago. oh well maybe i'll be lucky.
went to see a limited this morning that is built close to what i ordered. it was in red not ivory but it had the black interior like mine. it looked great. i' can't wait for mine to come in. i don't think i have ever seen a better looking truck.

Hamwx

Reaction score
Ordered on March 9. Found out today it is at the body vendor so we're close!
Build sheet.
Can anyone put the "Build Priority" number into context for me?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hamwx said:
Ordered on March 9. Found out today it is at the body vendor so we're close!
Build sheet.
Can anyone put the "Build Priority" number into context for me?
Welcome to the site and congrats on your order! Can't wait to hear about it when you get it.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Build priority is "01" so whats the difference between these numbers? The guy above has "99"

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How did you get the window sticker? Is this a truck that you ordered and made your self?

DocBones

Reaction score
alacombe said:
How did you get the window sticker? Is this a truck that you ordered and made your self?
yea custom order. Just open the link and then punch in your whole VIN in all caps. Mine posted basically 2-3 days out of QA/emissions process.

Users who are viewing this thread