5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
firecadet613 said:
Yep - trucks get sent off site for the spray in liner, steps, etc. Doesn't matter if its FCA, Ford, or GM. Typically adds 1 to 2 days on the build time.
Correct, these trucks are waiting outside the Mopar accessories and bedliner shop, right across the street from SHAP.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
interesting to know. Now the lot pics make more sense to me. Almost got to see the truck in person, but forgot to stop in on the way back past. Can't wait til someone gets a Rebel, who still has a 2018 Rebel.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
76rich said:
I ordered my Limited on March 19th. Was told this morning that it was built, but waiting on extra options. I assume that is painting the bed liner. Why they wouldn't paint the bedliner before assembly seems nuts to me. He could give me no estimated date for shipping. My original order estimated it would ship on the 10th. We missed that by a bunch.
They just said the 10th didn't give you a month or year.
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

D

Deleted member103

firecadet613 said:
Yep - trucks get sent off site for the spray in liner, steps, etc. Doesn't matter if its FCA, Ford, or GM. Typically adds 1 to 2 days on the build time.
That is a huge disappointment . . . a step back in time . . . seems so inefficient ! Wonder how many times they cause "lateral damage" that then needs further "attention" and more delays in delivery ? ? ?
2639.png

1f914.png

DSOOBY

Reaction score
KZM STATUS: My trucks on the train leaving Michigan, making its way down to Texas! Dealer says it should be here by next Friday, Fingers are firmly crossed!

D

Deleted member103

DSOOBY said:
KZM STATUS: My trucks on the train leaving Michigan, making its way down to Texas! Dealer says it should be here by next Friday, Fingers are firmly crossed!
Wow, only 9-days, Michigan to Texas ? Lightning fast speeds indeed, Assuming no delays along the way !? And all for the "slight increase" in Transportation Fee to $1650.00 / by TRAIN ! Wonder how many scheduled stops along the way ? Wouldn't a Vehicle transport Tractor/trailer Rig with, oh 5 or 6 of THAT dealers ordered DT's been better served, to the End-Customer -- especially at THAT Trans.-Fee !? just my "uninformed unbiased opinion" ! ps; and I thought the previous $950 was a "leap" !
1f644.png
1f615.png
1f914.png
?

DSOOBY

Reaction score
As long as it makes it here in one piece in timely manner I'm cool with whatever way they ship it. Destination charges are entirely too high though to be honest.

chade014

Reaction score
DSOOBY said:
As long as it makes it here in one piece in timely manner I'm cool with whatever way they ship it. Destination charges are entirely too high though to be honest.
When did you order your truck

DSOOBY

Reaction score
chade014 said:
When did you order your truck
Technically I didn't order it, It popped up on my dealers website and it was pretty much the exact build that I wanted so I purchased it. It had already made it through the production line and inspection by the time I found it and purchased it probably why it popped up on the dealer website at that time.

I can tell you the approximate dates of everything as I know it though.

Date ordered 2/12
First estimated ship date 4/10 (missed that one)
KZ (released by plant and Invoiced) around 4/12
KZM (first rail departure) 4/19 I think... Customer Service chat said it was in just KZ Status yesterday, dealer contacted me this morning to say it was KZM but didnt say when it was put on the train.
Estimated delivery date 4/27- 5/1

DocBones

Reaction score
Trucks out to the west coast are taking 3-4 weeks on shipping right now. Initial allocations are barely getting to SOCAL dealers. Dealers near San Diego have received 2-3 of 45 trucks so far.

chade014

Reaction score
DocBones said:
Trucks out to the west coast are taking 3-4 weeks on shipping right now. Initial allocations are barely getting to SOCAL dealers. Dealers near San Diego have received 2-3 of 45 trucks so far.
3-4 weeks for shipping is crazy.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
DocBones said:
I noticed that, nothing as far as I can tell on the west coast of B.C yet, I can see a bunch in transit but nothing on the ground.

DocBones

Reaction score
The fact that FCA jacked up the shipping rate on the customer and negotiates shipping that underperforms like this is atrocious. The SHAP stock lot is, by my estimation 10-15,000 vehicles full waiting shipment. That’s based on S/N’s that are moving versus S/N’s coming off the prod line. For that level of cost on shipping, id rather fly to Sterling Heights and just pick up my truck.

DocBones

Reaction score
DSOOBY said:
Technically I didn't order it, It popped up on my dealers website and it was pretty much the exact build that I wanted so I purchased it. It had already made it through the production line and inspection by the time I found it and purchased it probably why it popped up on the dealer website at that time.

I can tell you the approximate dates of everything as I know it though.

Date ordered 2/12
First estimated ship date 4/10 (missed that one)
KZ (released by plant and Invoiced) around 4/12
KZM (first rail departure) 4/19 I think... Customer Service chat said it was in just KZ Status yesterday, dealer contacted me this morning to say it was KZM but didnt say when it was put on the train.
Estimated delivery date 4/27- 5/1
yours is so delayed because it’s a initial dealer allocation. I’m sure it got bumped up once they changed it to a “sold order”. They didn’t even begin moving them out until mid March.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
DocBones said:
yours is so delayed because it’s a initial dealer allocation. I’m sure it got bumped up once they changed it to a “sold order”. They didn’t even begin moving them out until mid March.
Oh I'm sure, the dealer already had received about 7-10 trucks already. I'm sure this one was put on the back burner since they had alrady gotten a few of their allocations. The salesman i worked with said as much as it would most likely get pushed forward since it is marked as sold!

It's looking to be a short 2, yet seemingly painful 2 week wait between purchase and delivery. I can't imagine being someone who put their order in when the banks originally opened.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
DocBones said:
The fact that FCA jacked up the shipping rate on the customer and negotiates shipping that underperforms like this is atrocious. The SHAP stock lot is, by my estimation 10-15,000 vehicles full waiting shipment. That’s based on S/N’s that are moving versus S/N’s coming off the prod line. For that level of cost on shipping, id rather fly to Sterling Heights and just pick up my truck.
I agree. That's insane how many trucks are sitting there waiting to be shipped.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
**UPDATE**
Just spoke to Ram Customer Service and they have updated my delivery from 4/27-5/1 to 4/24-4/28.
Fingers Crossed it's correct

This leads me to believe it may have shipped out earlier than yesterday like I previously thought. It was my dealer who informed me it was in KZM at the time, Customer service can't give the specific stage of KZ that the truck is in, they only see that it is in fact in KZ. I even asked if it was in KZM this morning and the CS rep said he only saw KZ on his end.

I'll make sure to get a copy of the actual itinerary of the trucks journey from build to shipping so others can be informed with solid dates.

chade014

Reaction score
MY TRUCK IS SHIPPING!!!!!! Got the email last night from my guy at the factory!

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered and purchased on 4/7/18 as of today its still in "D" status.

Users who are viewing this thread