5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
Sport or Black package is the only way to get them. The Longhorn and Limited have a separate body colored bumper option.
Or gather the kids about, hand each a Touch-up Pen and challenge the kids on the Front vs. the rear bumper -- 1st one finished gets to choose all the toppings at Chucky Cheese . . . they got Chucky up in Canada ?
263a.png

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
Or gather the kids about, hand each a Touch-up Pen and challenge the kids on the Front vs. the rear bumper -- 1st one finished gets to choose all the toppings at Chucky Cheese . . . they got Chucky up in Canada ?
263a.png
They do, I think there's only one left around me now.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
Finally! i was called today by a dealer to let me know that Ivory Tri-Coat was finally available to order on the limited. After going to my 3 local dealerships i got a great price and put the order in today. now the hard part. waiting. they say 6 to 8 weeks, but i know it will probably be closer to 10 to 12. that's what it was when i ordered my 2013 longhorn 5 years ago. oh well maybe i'll be lucky.

DocBones

Reaction score
Talked to a Chrysler sales rep, not a dealer sales rep, my order for a limited is delayed. They are having terrible shipping issues around the country by rail. Also, they are having BIG supply chain issues with the big screen and Limited trim items. Order was in March 19, estimated ship was April 11, now expected build is May 9 and ship is unknown.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
DocBones said:
Talked to a Chrysler sales rep, not a dealer sales rep, my order for a limited is delayed. They are having terrible shipping issues around the country by rail. Also, they are having BIG supply chain issues with the big screen and Limited trim items. Order was in March 19, estimated ship was April 11, now expected build is May 9 and ship is unknown.
Thats unfortunate news for sure.

BBLV

Reaction score
DocBones said:
Not what I want to hear... This week should be telling. I ordered my Limited on March 6, the first day pricing was showing in the system, and my estimated ship date is April 16, but I'm stuck in D1 status.

J

jimh4662@

I layed in D1 status for almost a month. Then it hit paint and within two day went to Off site vendor for spray in liner and steps. That is supposed to take 1 day. Then back for Final check. Then shipping. These steps seem pretty consistent with other production vehicles chrysler builds and past Ram builds. (per blog reads) I read on these blogs the average wait in D1 is approx 21 days. My Ram sat approx 26 days. I also had an estimate ship date 4/9. My Build is approaching shipping status. I'll advise as to the status and if shipped, when and how long it takes as the build developes. If the railroad cannot get their act together ship them on flatbeds, Car carriers, etc. $1695.00 destination fee, should not be any delay. Collector Car cross country transport can't be that expensive.

Kilgy5

Reaction score
Is it true that the v6 cant be ordered in the laramie trim? On the buildsite it stops being an option at the big horn trim but on the pdf booklet listing all features etc it list the v6 as standard on all trims... any info?

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Reason I am waiting til August to order. Hope they have their $hit together by then and they start building the Ramboxes.

DocBones

Reaction score
BBLV said:
Not what I want to hear... This week should be telling. I ordered my Limited on March 6, the first day pricing was showing in the system, and my estimated ship date is April 16, but I'm stuck in D1 status.
right there with you. For those saying 21 days in d1 is the standard, that’s not true. That’s just what the customer call center folks are scripted to tell you as their guideline. Customer service has tanked in recent years. Ever since they killed VOTS. I ordered a Durango and it was BUILT in 15 days. My 2010 1500 was at the dealer in 7 weeks only 4 months into the production cycle. We are actually 4 months into the 2019 production cycle but this doesn’t seem to be going well.

If you watch the ramtrucks.com “new inventory search” you will see 90% of the vehicles are in transit. Very few have hit dealers. And those are low serials KN52000 or lower. Unfortunately, my s/n is 557800. ?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered a '19 Black Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 4x4 on 4/7/18. $53,645 MSRP. I added the sunroof, Chrome package, off road package, bed utility group package, Tonneau cover, 20in rims, 3.92 gear ratio, E Locker Rear Axle, Rear Wheelhouse Liners, Equipment Group 1, Leather bucket seats, Sprayed in bed liner, Side steps (Wheel to Wheel), off road tires, skid plates, Chrome Tow Hooks. Currently in D status. When ordered it was marked as "sold." Also, used my family Chrysler discount (EP Pricing) With an MSRP of $53,645 it automatically gets me to $47,058 and this does not include any other discounts/promotions the dealership has.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
alacombe said:
Ordered a '19 Black Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 4x4 on 4/7/18. $53,645 MSRP. I added the sunroof, Chrome package, off road package, bed utility group package, Tonneau cover, 20in rims, 3.92 gear ratio, E Locker Rear Axle, Rear Wheelhouse Liners, Equipment Group 1, Leather bucket seats, Sprayed in bed liner, Side steps (Wheel to Wheel), off road tires, skid plates, Chrome Tow Hooks. Currently in D status. When ordered it was marked as "sold." Also, used my family Chrysler discount (EP Pricing) With an MSRP of $53,645 it automatically gets me to $47,058 and this does not include any other discounts/promotions the dealership has.
Congrats, sounds like a nice truck!

DocBones

Reaction score
UPDATE:

After 27 days in D1, my limited trim order is going into “frame”. Which means 2 days to build, 1-2 days to trim (outside accessories), 1 day for QA, then to the holding lot for shipping. Someone else said they were 26 days in D1 and that seems to be par for the course. So if you’re ordering it sounds like (depending on where in the country you are) 9-10 weeks order to delivery? Just keep bugging your sales rep at the dealer to ask the regional rep to “hot list” the vehicle which is supposed to trigger the plant production managers to expedite a “sold order”. Biting my fingernails that mine gets out of the plant without issue.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
Has anyone kept track on how long they were in KZ status? I purchased an order that the dealer had already placed, so it had already made it through production by the time I made a deal on it. The original estimated ship date was 4/10/18. According to the dealer and the customer care person I spoke with this morning the ETA is 4/27-5/1. Shipping arrangements are supposed ly being made but who knows how long that takes.

Anybody have any insight as to whether this time frame is reasonable?

J

jimh4662@

Well its hard to find out much. You need to talk to dealer, read the forums, and check with customer service, periodically. You'll get random responses from customer service. If you get Andrew, he does a more responsive and helping job on checking and identifying your status level. Most of the others is a canned response. I actually asked if I was talking to a computer. That CSR got a little snooty. The one I got this morning telling me it was shipped to storage, waiting for shipment, had a terrible time with grammar . And when I can spot grammar misuse, It is real bad. So to update my status for existing and new orders, I ordered on 3/12/18 went to storage for shipment today.

76rich

Reaction score
I ordered my Limited on March 19th. Was told this morning that it was built, but waiting on extra options. I assume that is painting the bed liner. Why they wouldn't paint the bedliner before assembly seems nuts to me. He could give me no estimated date for shipping. My original order estimated it would ship on the 10th. We missed that by a bunch.

D

Deleted member103

76rich said:
I ordered my Limited on March 19th. Was told this morning that it was built, but waiting on extra options. I assume that is painting the bed liner. Why they wouldn't paint the bedliner before assembly seems nuts to me. He could give me no estimated date for shipping. My original order estimated it would ship on the 10th. We missed that by a bunch.
I think you bring up a very good point /Question here ! That is, When Do They "bed Line the Truck-Bed"? You WOULD think they do that BEFORE it is Installed, for at least 2 reasons ! !

chade014

Reaction score
Looks like a big hold up after the Truck is built with adding the ad ons. Something must be delaying everything big time. My order was done 2 months ago and was a priority build.

J

jimh4662@

It's sounds like it's all about production. Factory not set up for spray in bed liners. Plus I understand the same co. Puts on other detail parts, like power steps, optional side steps, etc. The bed needs, sanded, tapped off, front covered, sprayed. Tape removed, bed rail caps installed, return for final. Watch YouTube video on "off site spray bed liner." Takes long enough for assembly. Adding options to factory assembly would probably add another week production time.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep - trucks get sent off site for the spray in liner, steps, etc. Doesn't matter if its FCA, Ford, or GM. Typically adds 1 to 2 days on the build time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online