5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, it was taken off. BTW I see that you already ordered. Are you allowed to make changes after placing order?
I was told that some things are easier to have changed and more likely to be accepted than others. Interior trim is one of those things that's not likely to be accepted.

I'm not getting my hopes up that I'll be able to change it, but it it becomes an option again, I want to at give it a shot.

Hot Rod Ram

Reaction score
Ordered a 2022 Laramie GT with the Level B Group, Sport package, Trailer Brake Controller, Anti-Spin Diff, dual pane sunroof, power running boards 124L gas tank, Ram Box in Hydro Blue Pearl. Looking forward to it. Ordered on Oct 5. No VIN yet, was in BX status up until a couple days ago, then got moved to BG... dealership doesn't know why (or at least won't tell me why). Hopefully it moves out of BG soon. When I ordered it was told holiday delivery was "likely", I'm stating to think that was a lie (not that they can guarantee dates or anything). Wasn't able to get Advanced Safety Group, Tech package, bed utility group or Night edition (re-confirmed today they still are not available).

No air ride for me, too many failures that i've seen in the cold weather here in Calgary. Likely will add aftermarket air bags to the rear for towing.
You ordered a GT and in Hydro Blue? My dealer checked into it and it wasn’t an available color for the GT line. Otherwise I ordered pretty much the same as your but not the Ram boxes.

NRitland2

Reaction score
No, it was taken off. BTW I see that you already ordered. Are you allowed to make changes after placing order?
Yes, i changed my order to add a dual pane sunroof when initially dealer couldn’t add it. Was accepted and was just informed I hit D1 status

jgmac98

Reaction score
You ordered a GT and in Hydro Blue? My dealer checked into it and it wasn’t an available color for the GT line. Otherwise I ordered pretty much the same as your but not the Ram boxes.
Yup. wasn't a problem getting Hydro Blue. If I wanted a GT with the night package then I wouldn't be able to get the blue, but that seemed to be the only restriction on color.

Klips_USA

Reaction score
I just placed this order…. I do have a bit of a question. They are currently not offering the “Protection Group” option. When I asked for help with getting part numbers for the skid plates, they stated that they currently don’t have part numbers yet. Additionally, they said the 33 gal gas tank was redesigned and that previous MY skid plates won’t work. Can anyone here verify that the needed parts are not the same as it would be from the 2021 MY? I really want to add the plates for protection. I’m not a car guy, so it would have been so much easier if I could have ordered it on the truck.

1500 LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4 (144.5 in WB 5 FT 7 IN box)
Customer Preferred Package 27M
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VT Torque Engine
8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans
Patriot Blue Pearl Coat, Monotone Paint
Prem Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats, Black
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Multi-Function Tailgate
Front License Plate Bracket
Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
22X9.0 Polish/Painted Whls w/Inserts
Bed Utility Group
Trailer Surround View Camera System
Body Color Bumper Group
Trailer Brake Control
Limited Level 1 Equipment Group
RamBox Cargo Management System

Last edited:

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just placed this order…

8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Multi-Function Tailgate
Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
Bed Utility Group
Body Color Bumper Group
Trailer Brake Control

Congratulations, sounds like a nice build!

Derek916

Reaction score
I forgot to add the front license bracket to my build. Hopefully I can add it tomorrow.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I just placed this order…. I do have a bit of a question. They are currently not offering the “Protection Group” option. When I asked for help with getting part numbers for the skid plates, they stated that they currently don’t have part numbers yet. Additionally, they said the 33 gal gas tank was redesigned and that previous MY skid plates won’t work. Can anyone here verify that the needed parts are not the same as it would be from the 2021 MY? I really want to add the plates for protection. I’m not a car guy, so it would have been so much easier if I could have ordered it on the truck.

8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Multi-Function Tailgate
Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
Bed Utility Group
Body Color Bumper Group
Trailer Brake Control
See if you can still add the offroad group to your build that includes those skid plates

EDIT: No Bueno with 22's....

Klips_USA

Reaction score
See if you can still add the offroad group to your build that includes those skid plates

EDIT: No Bueno with 22's....
I didn’t want to give up the wheels and tires for off-road ones. Hopefully, I can figure out some part numbers for the skid plates.

Hot Rod Ram

Reaction score
Yup. wasn't a problem getting Hydro Blue. If I wanted a GT with the night package then I wouldn't be able to get the blue, but that seemed to be the only restriction on color.
I was told in August when I ordered mine and checked again in September or October about getting Hydro and when I go to color it wasn’t an option. Makes me mad I couldn’t get it. And I couldn’t add power running boards. I’ll just probably take those off after I lower it anyway.

Klips_USA

Reaction score
Did anyone order the “Trailer Tow Group” versus just the “Trailer Brake-Controller”??? I just wondering if anyone considered the “Trailer Reverse Steering Control” wroth the difference in price.

Derek916

Reaction score
Did anyone order the “Trailer Tow Group” versus just the “Trailer Brake-Controller”??? I just wondering if anyone considered the “Trailer Reverse Steering Control” wroth the difference in price.
There’s a video by TFL on it that is useful. They really put it through the paces. It was really impressive but they found in their case doing the old fashioned way was superior. I figure since you’re going to be looking backwards and checking your mirrors like a hawk that it’s not a worth while feature.

Klips_USA

Reaction score
When I sat down with the salesman for my 1500 Limited order, the price for the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group was $3,995. When he sent me a follow up copy with the VON, the same package showed as $2,995. Now, the website doesn’t even show it as an option to order. The Limited Level is supposed to have the digital rear-view mirror. What’s the chances that they removed some things from the package and I don’t know it?

Maccam

Reaction score
i ordered the trailer tow group,a dealer told me that there was a recall on it in 2021.
not so sure about it

Doc10

Reaction score
When I sat down with the salesman for my 1500 Limited order, the price for the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group was $3,995. When he sent me a follow up copy with the VON, the same package showed as $2,995. Now, the website doesn’t even show it as an option to order. The Limited Level is supposed to have the digital rear-view mirror. What’s the chances that they removed some things from the package and I don’t know it?
Same thing happened to me - ramchat says I still have it on my build.., if it's ever built

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm trying to order a Bighorn and have been told the 2022 BH will NOT be allowed to be configured with LED lights or Sports Appearance...despite what the RAM configuration website shows. Grrr.

SkeeterRAM

Reaction score
I also pondered that question. Then realized that for the past 30+ years my trucks never had that. Granted, I don't trailer much and the trailer is kinda short; holds two motorcyles, on occasion. With that said. Yes the new techonology intrigued me. Then figured was I really going to use it that often? I watched some UTube on the subject and then figure - nope not going to order the trailer stuff. For my use, not worth the cost. Figure I can go out in the parking lot and practice and $ave a little :)

The best advice I've received; your truck - get what you want.

Good luck

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Trailer Tow Group vs. Brake Controller: I, too, went with just the Brake Controller.

My towing use is 99% a 12' utility trailer.

If I had a camper/toy hauler, with a rear camera, then the TTG would've been very attractive. As it is, I couldn't justify the extra cost for the towing I do.

jgmac98

Reaction score
Did not order the Trailer Tow Group. I've got a 28 foot holiday trailer and have no problem backing it up using the normal steering wheel. The only other feature I was aware of with the trailer tow group is the light check, but that is easy enough to do that I didn't find it worth the extra. If you've never pulled a trailer before, I could see this being a good option and it's not a ton of extra money when you factor in that the Trailer Tow Group also includes the class IV hitch. the incremental cost for the Trailer Tow Group compared to the break controller and class IV hitch was ~$400 Canadian (at least at the time of my order).

Users who are viewing this thread