5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
Curious why you want to skip it? I also have it on my 2022 limited order. I'm in the midwest.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I too am wondering why you'd want to delete it overall. It's one of the selling points of the truck to me and a contributing factor to the incredible ride quality of these trucks. I live in Iowa where winters can be quite cold as well and I had no issues with my last one. I used the variable ride height nearly every day when on gravel roads. I also used it to raise the truck when entering a corn field for clearance and lowered the truck such as at a gas station to make it much easier to clean the windshield.

Also for the "cool factor" as some others have previously mentioned if you're showing the truck to someone and hit the key-fob and watch their eyes get big when the truck drops on its own that's pretty neat as well.

To answer the question though I know its an option delete in Canada but I don't know if there's a "hidden/special" option for the US market to do so or not but I don't believe so. Also even IF it's delete-able I would not want to be "that person" that had a Limited to trade in w/o air suspension. It isn't going to help your resale situation whatsoever....

Klips_USA

Reaction score
I don’t want the hassle of the air-suspension issues when it fails. And it will fail and most dealerships don’t know how to handle it. I would be perfectly fine to order a Laramie if it had all the tech options available. As far as resale, I wouldn’t by a used truck that had it on it. The cost of upkeep past the warranty period makes it not feasible to own. Bottom line, I simply don’t want it. I’ve not been disappointed with the ride of my 2014 RAM without air-suspension.

Last edited:

waltzy23

Reaction score
New around here. Just ordered a 2022 Longhorn eco diesel. Fully loaded with everything except Ram boxes and 3.92. Can’t wait!

BNJMN

Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 Laramie Ecodiesel long bed 6 passenger. Checked most of the option boxes - big screen, off road, air suspension, trailer package, 3.92, multifunction tailgate, Level B, dual sunroof,33 gallon tank. My first ever brand new vehicle. Wife got her first ever brand new one a couple weeks ago ( Kia Telluride).

Only thing I am slightly annoyed about is that Hydro Blue Pearl and the options I wanted couldn't get black wheels. I think it was the tow mirrors that aren't available with the Night edition. So I might have to Ebay some black wheels if I don't love the chrome.

SBrentnall

Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 Laramie Ecodiesel long bed 6 passenger. Checked most of the option boxes - big screen, off road, air suspension, trailer package, 3.92, multifunction tailgate, Level B, dual sunroof,33 gallon tank. My first ever brand new vehicle. Wife got her first ever brand new one a couple weeks ago ( Kia Telluride).

Only thing I am slightly annoyed about is that Hydro Blue Pearl and the options I wanted couldn't get black wheels. I think it was the tow mirrors that aren't available with the Night edition. So I might have to Ebay some black wheels if I don't love the chrome.
I wonder if that's a Laramie thing? I have the Night Edition on my Limited, and also the power tow mirrors.

The power tow mirrors are great, btw. I love that they can flip back and forth between regular landscape position and portrait. In portrait mode, I can see the entire height of my horse trailer, with a closeup of the wheels. Makes going around tight corners so much easier!

x50

Reaction score
FNG here. I built my 2022 Billet Silver BH Crew Cab 4x4 online, printed it out, and brought it to the dealership to place the order.

5.7 V8
3.92 Gears
33 Gallon tank
Bed Utility pkg
BH Level 2 Equipment Group pkg
Night Edition pkg
Premium Light Group pkg
Black side steps
Rear wheelhouse liners
Front and rear rubber floor mats
Uconnect 5 w/ 8.4 display
Blind-spot and cross-path detection

They said they were not able to add the Premium lighting pkg and Blind-spot and cross-path detection and suggested that I move up to the Laramie to get it... LOL. I said nope, it's not worth $5500 more for things I don't want. So I ended up not placing my order today. They said they will make some calls tomorrow and see if these options can be added like they can on the website.

Anyone else able to order these options with the BH?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FNG here. I built my 2022 Billet Silver BH Crew Cab 4x4 online, printed it out, and brought it to the dealership to place the order.

5.7 V8
3.92 Gears
33 Gallon tank
Bed Utility pkg
Night Edition pkg
Premium Light Group pkg
Black side steps
Rear wheelhouse liners

They said they were not able to add the Premium lighting pkg and Blind-spot and cross-path detection and suggested that I move up to the Laramie to get it... LOL. I said nope, it's not worth $5500 more for things I don't want. So I ended up not placing my order today. They said they will make some calls tomorrow and see if these options can be added like they can on the website.

Can't speak for the Bighorn, but I know they've removed options from the Rebels (like Advanced Safety Group) even though it's still shown on the website. And the dealer I spoke to didn't have an option to "make it happen" - the factory is limiting the fancy stuff to the upper-end models.

Reactions: x50

BmwPorscheRam

Reaction score
I ordered a Billet Silver Rebel GT with the eTorque and everything but the sunroof and air suspension. I am buying and didn't want the air suspension out of warranty.... I just prefer no sunroof. I'm hoping the GT exhaust makes the truck sound a little deeper and the air intake helps the truck breath a little more freely. I think the GT interior is very well done improving on what was already a best in class interior.

I have a '17 sport night edition in black and I just did not want another black truck. RAM blackouts in black coming and going around here. The Billet Silver looks clean. I did not get the night edition because I like the silver RAM on the nose and I like the silver/black wheels.

I'm planning on wrapping the silver front skid plate in mat-black, tinting the driver and passenger side door windows to match the back door windows, and adding the TRX black powder coated rock rails. The front tow hooks are getting painted a nice deep fire engine red. Hopefully it will pull together.

My '17 similarly loaded had an msrp of 52K. With all the deals from RAM and the dealer discount I paid 43k and change. My new truck msrp is 69K. Dealer gave me invoice plus whatever deals RAM has at the time. Ordered October 20, 2021, they said Mid March 2022. The price of these trucks has increased substantially in the last few years.

My '17 that cost me 43K new is sold for 38K with 61,000 miles. That is not too hard to swallow. Now I need to forget about it. 6 months is a long wait.

Hasti17

Reaction score

5.7 V8
3.92 Gears
33 Gallon tank
Bed Utility pkg
Night Edition pkg
Premium Light Group pkg
Black side steps
Rear wheelhouse liners

Well then they're dumb because they removed blind spot detection from the laramies halfway through last year like completely You can't order it It's not a listed option. The only thing you would add would be the premium lighting

x50

Reaction score
Well then they're dumb because they removed blind spot detection from the laramies halfway through last year like completely You can't order it It's not a listed option. The only thing you would add would be the premium lighting

It looks like they have added the blind spot detection back into the Level 2 package. I asked the dealer to send me a copy of what they can order since it's not listed anywhere when you build a Laramie online.

2021-10-30_0-26-39.png

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I think their supply of components is quickly improving where they're able to re-introduce the intended package contents. Great to see!

Reactions: x50

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think their supply of components is quickly improving where they're able to re-introduce the intended package contents. Great to see!
I think you might be right. Yesterday, my dealer was talking about ordering a completely new Rebel (since my original order is jacked up). I told him it would be a problem, since the Advanced Safety Group isn't available on Rebels now. He showed me that it is suddenly available (whereas Mark Dodge told me a week ago that it was restricted). Different day, different options from Ram, it would appear.

jgmac98

Reaction score
Ordered a 2022 Laramie GT with the Level B Group, Sport package, Trailer Brake Controller, Anti-Spin Diff, dual pane sunroof, power running boards 124L gas tank, Ram Box in Hydro Blue Pearl. Looking forward to it. Ordered on Oct 5. No VIN yet, was in BX status up until a couple days ago, then got moved to BG... dealership doesn't know why (or at least won't tell me why). Hopefully it moves out of BG soon. When I ordered it was told holiday delivery was "likely", I'm stating to think that was a lie (not that they can guarantee dates or anything). Wasn't able to get Advanced Safety Group, Tech package, bed utility group or Night edition (re-confirmed today they still are not available).

No air ride for me, too many failures that i've seen in the cold weather here in Calgary. Likely will add aftermarket air bags to the rear for towing.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone been able to order the brown/beige interior lately?

Derek916

Reaction score
No, it was taken off. BTW I see that you already ordered. Are you allowed to make changes after placing order?

Users who are viewing this thread