5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
We didn't get the sunroof because we seldom used it in our Grand Cherokee. I'm only 5'7" and I feel like I could wear one of those old top hats like Mr. Monopoly in the truck and still not bump the roof!
I'm 6'3" so headroom is at a premium for me. RAM does really good at not taking more headroom than they should for their moonroof, but I simply don't like any light coming in over my head whatsoever. So it's a ~$1500 option that I will NEVER use that's prone to air, water, and noise leaks; a liability in a hail storm (still very likely for vehicle damage overall, but at least you won't have a glass shower coming in over your head), and as I discovered in an ice storm last winter where I accumulated an inch of ice on my roof you have to be VERY careful removing that ice with the glass roof. I just don't need/want it. I honestly wish I could delete the sliding rear window as it also leaks water, noise, and a little air (and blocks vision and makes it much more difficult to put a rear window wrap/decal on) I've contemplated having the factory one removed and just put a standard glass defroster rear window in but it's quite expensive.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
well **** went sideways on my order which was end of March. GM at the dealer called to say that the olive green has been cancelled and after 2 months in D1 status, my truck is in question. he went on to say that i had to choose another colour, and also, it's switched to a 22 and the 6k rebate that was in place no longer applies.

i said that we signed a contract and this is not acceptable and he agreed. he said he never saw a factory order go sideways after being in D1 status for 2 months. so he battled with the inside sales rep and they said they would honour the price agreed to. i've now selected the patriot blue and waiting now to hear when it's going to be made. what a **** show.

so i ordered a canopy the day after i ordered the truck. it's sitting at that dealership and has been there for 2 months. good thing i ordered it in grey eh, or i'd really be hooped.
If you'd like to be added to the 2022 order tracking spreadsheet, let me know. There are several other converted Canadian orders alongside of you. I'm guessing your new VIN is either in the mid 147000 range, or in the upper 149000 range.

JBV

Reaction score
sure, what do i need to do? the dealer was hopeful that the truck will be fast tracked due to this mess but i have no idea what that means. was really hoping to get some use and a short road trip or 2 before the fall monsoons begin but i'm doubtful.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
sure, what do i need to do?
Ask your dealer for your new VIN. And when you get it, let me know the last 6 digits.

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
Finally put my order in:

2022 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab 5'7" bed LIMITED
Billet Silver
- EcoDiesel
- Night Edition
- Limited Level 1
- Bed Utility Group
- Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
- Engine Block Heater
- 33 Gallon Fuel Tank
- Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
- Trailer Brake Control
- Multi-Function Tailgate
- Ram Boxes
MSRP $79,285
I'm getting 5% below invoice + $100 doc so will be paying $69,205.15 before TTL.

Now for the waiting :)

JODYJCATALANO

Reaction score
I was on NADA helping someone build a new 2022 Ram Limited just now and an update appeared regarding the Technology Package. I had placed my own order with RAM last week and per the dealer and sources on this forum, the Tech Package (HUD, rearview mirror camera, etc) are now part of Limited Level 1. However, NADA has this under Tech Package "no longer available for factory ordering as of August 6, 2021. *No Longer Factory Orderable, See Dealer for Current Availability*", and the Level 1 doesn't mention the Tech features.

Can anyone confirm that new trucks ordered with Limited Level 1 WILL include the HUD, rearview camera, etc or will it not? There seems to be a lot of confusion among dealers.

I'm now nervous that the dealers are getting this wrong and the Tech Package is just gone for now and will not come with the limited level 1.

Thanks

firedfly

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that new trucks ordered with Limited Level 1 WILL include the HUD, rearview camera, etc or will it not? There seems to be a lot of confusion among dealers.

There was a post a few weeks ago with a letter from Ram regarding the Technology Group being moved in to the Level 1 package for Limited trims. This is the only information I'm aware of.

Shortly after that letter surfaced, I contacted my dealer to verify my ASG option was still going to be on my Limited order. At that time, ASG was still included even though new orders could no longer select the ASG package.

The Ram letter was reposted here recently: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/2022-orders.31679/page-65#post-495132

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
I was on NADA helping someone build a new 2022 Ram Limited just now and an update appeared regarding the Technology Package. I had placed my own order with RAM last week and per the dealer and sources on this forum, the Tech Package (HUD, rearview mirror camera, etc) are now part of Limited Level 1. However, NADA has this under Tech Package "no longer available for factory ordering as of August 6, 2021. *No Longer Factory Orderable, See Dealer for Current Availability*", and the Level 1 doesn't mention the Tech features.

I'm now nervous that the dealers are getting this wrong and the Tech Package is just gone for now and will not come with the limited level 1.

Thanks

Dealers did get an email that the Tech Package will be included in the Limited Level 1 package from here forward. The Limited Level 1 package went up by $700 so I hope this is all true. Does make me nervous seeing that on NADA though, but I'd imagine it maybe just means as a standalone package?

JODYJCATALANO

Reaction score
Dealers did get an email that the Tech Package will be included in the Limited Level 1 package from here forward. The Limited Level 1 package went up by $700 so I hope this is all true. Does make me nervous seeing that on NADA though, but I'd imagine it maybe just means as a standalone package?
When I did my order last Saturday, I included the 10th Anniversary package as well and my limited Level 1 actual went down in price rather than up

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
When I did my order last Saturday, I included the 10th Anniversary package as well and my limited Level 1 actual went down in price rather than up
I think part of the reason for the price differential is the limited 10th anniversary package has some overlap of features with the limited level one package

RaminTX

Reaction score
Got my VIN finally, I asked about 2 weeks ago and it wasn’t available so I tried again today. It seems that my current 2019 Laramie 1500 has more options than the new 2022 Laramie GT I ordered is going to have. When I ordered it there just wasn’t much available to add. I didn’t order the big sunroof this time because of the heat it causes during our TX summers. Also didn’t see a Technology group pkg available, still confused about the new trucks. The order sheet I got today shows 20x9 paint/polished wheels but I ordered the GT pkg which I thought comes with 22in wheels. I don’t know, here’s what the sheet shows.

2022 1500 Laramie crew cab 4x2 5ft 7in box
5.7 v8 Hemi eTorque
8 speed auto
bright white clear coat
Leather/Vinyl bucket seats
black
20x9 painted/polished wheels
Uconnect 5 Nav 12 in display
33 gallon fuel tank
Anti spin differential rear axle
Laramie Level A equipment group
G/T pkg
Sport Appearance pkg
MSRP $ 61760

truckless

Reaction score
Got my VIN finally, I asked about 2 weeks ago and it wasn’t available so I tried again today. It seems that my current 2019 Laramie 1500 has more options than the new 2022 Laramie GT I ordered is going to have. When I ordered it there just wasn’t much available to add. I didn’t order the big sunroof this time because of the heat it causes during our TX summers. Also didn’t see a Technology group pkg available, still confused about the new trucks. The order sheet I got today shows 20x9 paint/polished wheels but I ordered the GT pkg which I thought comes with 22in wheels. I don’t know, here’s what the sheet shows.

2022 1500 Laramie crew cab 4x2 5ft 7in box
5.7 v8 Hemi eTorque
8 speed auto
bright white clear coat
Leather/Vinyl bucket seats
black
20x9 painted/polished wheels
Uconnect 5 Nav 12 in display
33 gallon fuel tank
Anti spin differential rear axle
Laramie Level A equipment group
G/T pkg
Sport Appearance pkg
MSRP $ 61760

Nope. To get GT you gotta choose between Sport and Night. Sport is 20s. Night is 22s.

RaminTX

Reaction score
I chose Sport pkg, will the wheels be the same style shown in all the promo pics except in 20”? I thought those only came in 22”.

truckless

Reaction score
I chose Sport pkg, will the wheels be the same style shown in all the promo pics except in 20”? I thought those only came in 22”.

Here is a render of a Laramie with Sport. Not sure what promo pics you are speaking of. The bottom ones apparently are an option in Sport? Dunno. It kept Sport when choosing them. But they are a $1395 standalone upgrade over standard. Regardless, looks like Sports are 20s.

1634785529796.png

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
Nope. To get GT you gotta choose between Sport and Night. Sport is 20s. Night is 22s.
What’s up with this GT. I booked a Night limited 2022. Am I going to have this? I didn’t see this option anywhere.

Ldante197

Reaction score

Thanks

I asked multiple dealers to confirm this when getting quotes last week. They all sent me this picture of the LImited Level 1 (A69) features. I also wound up ordering the truck in blue shade, which wasn’t showing as an option on the build and price configurator or NADA. They’re just not updated yet. You don’t have anything to worry about.

3f556b4db9584f6ff8519d3379984452.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaminTX

Reaction score
Here is a render of a Laramie with Sport. Not sure what promo pics you are speaking of. The bottom ones apparently are an option in Sport? Dunno. It kept Sport when choosing them. But they are a $1395 standalone upgrade over standard. Regardless, looks like Sports are 20s.

View attachment 108653
I meant Laramie GT with Sport pkg

Klips_USA

Reaction score
Would anyone know if you can delete the air-suspension from when ordering a 22 RAM 1500 Limited?

Users who are viewing this thread