5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The trailer TPMS will be nice, too. Or does that come with the truck already?

jgmac98

Reaction score
The trailer TPMS will be nice, too. Or does that come with the truck already?
They changed the Trailer Tow Group from last year, the Trailer TPMS isn't included in it anymore. And after talking to a buddy today, the Class IV hitch isn't in the trailer group either anymove. Given those changes, I personally don't think it's worth the cost for the trailer back up assist...

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They changed the Trailer Tow Group from last year, the Trailer TPMS isn't included in it anymore. And after talking to a buddy today, the Class IV hitch isn't in the trailer group either anymove. Given those changes, I personally don't think it's worth the cost for the trailer back up assist...
The truck I ordered a few weeks ago includes the trailer TPMS.

Derek916

Reaction score
Did not order the Trailer Tow Group. I've got a 28 foot holiday trailer and have no problem backing it up using the normal steering wheel. The only other feature I was aware of with the trailer tow group is the light check, but that is easy enough to do that I didn't find it worth the extra. If you've never pulled a trailer before, I could see this being a good option and it's not a ton of extra money when you factor in that the Trailer Tow Group also includes the class IV hitch. the incremental cost for the Trailer Tow Group compared to the break controller and class IV hitch was ~$400 Canadian (at least at the time of my order).
Class IV hitch was standard on my 2022 Laramie order in USA.

jgmac98

Reaction score
Class IV hitch was standard on my 2022 Laramie order in USA.
I would have expected it to be standard when I ordered mine, but when the dealership added the trailer break controller it prompted for either the Trailer Tow Group or the Class IV hitch. Maybe it's a silly Canadian thing?

Klips_USA

Reaction score
I thought that maybe someone might get a benefit in seeing the more detail view of a truck order. Lots of 3-digit codes behind some of the options.

3792B1B6-EB58-4765-A714-A7463A4EEFFC.png

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought that maybe someone might get a benefit in seeing the more detail view of a truck order. Lots of 3-digit codes behind some of the options.

View attachment 110715
And for what it's worth, any of you can ask for this from your dealer. A lot of dealers don't know that this is possible - you just have to ask them to select the "detailed" option when they generate the POC.

Klips_USA

Reaction score
With all the changes that Stellantis has been doing to options, it would benefit all of you to get this level of detail ASAP.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
With all the changes that Stellantis has been doing to options, it would benefit all of you to get this level of detail ASAP.
Does this mean anything before you're D1?

Meaning, will RAM change your options after it's gone to D?

I'd rather wait for what I ordered than have them change anything.

Klips_USA

Reaction score
Does this mean anything before you're D1?

Meaning, will RAM change your options after it's gone to D?

I'd rather wait for what I ordered than have them change anything.
I think anything is possible. I’d like to think wing at even status “D” is better than any of the previous statuses. I sure hope mine moves to “D1” soon. That will make me feel even more secure about things.

I have noticed that both the Limited Level 1 and Southwest options are gone from the RAM truck website. That isn’t good news as it must mean parts are in short supply that they had to remove it.

Last edited:

Derek916

Reaction score
FYI to people here. The bed utility group package on the Laramie comes with the bed step. Seems like an extremely good package to get assuming the bed liner is decent. (bedbliner, step ($300), bed lighting for about $700.

On Nada it says it doesn't come with bed step/cargo divider so this was a pleasant surprise.

I was also surprised to have the floor cube storage as I was under the impression it had been removed for 2022.

puddingstomp

Reaction score
Ordered mine 10-21-2021. Sales guy added the E-locker diff and I was ok with it at the time. Realized after the fact that it replaces the Anti-Spin Diff, which I actually did want. Not a huge deal, but I did call to see if they could change it. Apparently the truck is to a point that they would "need to contact their Chrysler rep to see if it can be changed". Not a huge deal, I'll live with the E-locker, but still haven't heard back from them. No idea what status code my truck is in as I haven't really felt the need to call an bug them about it, the longer it takes the more I'll be able to drop on the down payment.

This is my first time ever custom ordering a vehicle and also my first truck. I've always been a Honda guy, and the race car still will be, but I needed something nice to tow with.

1500 LARAMIE CREW CAB 4X4 (144.5 in WB 5 FT 7 IN box)
Customer Preferred Package 27M
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VT eTorque Engine
8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans
Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat
Monotone Paint
Leather / Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black
Rear Wheelhouse Liners
Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
Black Pwr-Fold Trailer Tow Mirrors
E-locker Rear Axle
Laramie Level 2 Equipment Package
G/T Package
Night Edition
Parksense Ft/Rr Park Assist w/Stop
Bed Utility Group
Trailer Brake Control
Trailer Tow Group
Uconnect 5 Nav w 12.0" Display (USA)

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered mine 10-21-2021. Sales guy added the E-locker diff and I was ok with it at the time. Realized after the fact that it replaces the Anti-Spin Diff, which I actually did want. Not a huge deal, but I did call to see if they could change it. Apparently the truck is to a point that they would "need to contact their Chrysler rep to see if it can be changed". Not a huge deal, I'll live with the E-locker, but still haven't heard back from them. No idea what status code my truck is in as I haven't really felt the need to call an bug them about it, the longer it takes the more I'll be able to drop on the down payment.

This is my first time ever custom ordering a vehicle and also my first truck. I've always been a Honda guy, and the race car still will be, but I needed something nice to tow with.

1500 LARAMIE CREW CAB 4X4 (144.5 in WB 5 FT 7 IN box)
Customer Preferred Package 27M
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VT eTorque Engine
8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans
Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat
Monotone Paint
Leather / Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black
Rear Wheelhouse Liners
Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
Black Pwr-Fold Trailer Tow Mirrors
E-locker Rear Axle
Laramie Level 2 Equipment Package
G/T Package
Night Edition
Parksense Ft/Rr Park Assist w/Stop
Bed Utility Group
Trailer Brake Control
Trailer Tow Group
Uconnect 5 Nav w 12.0" Display (USA)
If you'd like to add your VIN to the tracker, please add your info in this form:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is it true that I will receive an email when the VIN is created? I don't recall whether or not they even asked me my email address now.
There's no automated email that I'm aware of. You should ask your dealer for the VIN, or you can use the online "chat" feature on the Ram website if you have the VON.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online