5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

Apexcars

Reaction score
10/2 ordered, 10/12 built, 10/14 shipped. Still waiting for it to make it to the dealer.

2020 Longhorn 4x4
Billet Silver
5'7" bed w/ Ramboxes and MFT
BUG
Air Suspension
Level 1 Package
Advanced Safety
Protection Group
33 gallon tank
Trailer brake controller

Ram Ski - SLT

Reaction score
I am looking at aftermarket tonneau covers. Does anybody know if the 2020 with Rambox comes with the utility rails? I didn't order the BUG. I read the 2019 came with rails but no word on the 2020.

Goatmastr

Reaction score
10/2 ordered, 10/12 built, 10/14 shipped. Still waiting for it to make it to the dealer.

2020 Longhorn 4x4
Billet Silver
5'7" bed w/ Ramboxes and MFT
BUG
Air Suspension
Level 1 Package
Advanced Safety
Protection Group
33 gallon tank
Trailer brake controller
Where are you and what did you pay?

I just brought home an almost identical '19 yesterday. (Longhorn, black, lvl 1, securiy group, sunroof, trailer, axle, tonneau, ram boxes...$71,200 MSRP)

Just curious...

mhoyt01

Reaction score
Ordered Friday 11/8

Billet Silver Laramie 4x4
Eco Diesel (3.92 required)
Level 2
Black Appearance
12”
Ram Box
Multi Tail Gate
Bed Utility
Advanced Safety

Matt

mhoyt01

Reaction score
Where are you and what did you pay?

I just brought home an almost identical '19 yesterday. (Longhorn, black, lvl 1, securiy group, sunroof, trailer, axle, tonneau, ram boxes...$71,200 MSRP)

Just curious...
SoCal 59,682 less rebates at time of delivery plus TTL

dfclimber

Reaction score
With employee pricing for everybody (on dealer stock) expiring Jan 2... post what your dealer Quoted your Order vs msrp. Having a hard time getting dealers to budge as much as I want since they say they don't know what prices/incentives will be for 2020 at the time of delivery.

Seq

Reaction score
I second this. Hoping to order a rebel this week with air suspension, m/f tailgate and rambox in granite. Can't find one anywhere near me. Need to figure out how hard to push the dealer.

Xethana

Reaction score
Long time owner here looking at a new truck, pro's con's on the 2018 vs 2019-20... options and reliability? My next question would be if I bought a 2018 wouldn't it be a good idea to change the oil before really driving it awhile? If I changed it what does the factory use for initial breakin? I'll probably have more questions but this is my starting point and want to get cash advance for it here https://maybeloan.com/cash-advance. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Boston

Reaction score
Long time owner here looking at a new truck, pro's con's on the 2018 vs 2019-20... options and reliability? My next question would be if I bought a 2018 wouldn't it be a good idea to change the oil before really driving it awhile? If I changed it what does the factory use for initial breakin? I'll probably have more questions but this is my starting point. Thanks in advance.

Are you comparing Classic to Classic or Classic to new gen?

LeatherDog

Reaction score
I didn't have much luck with my 2019 Ram 1500, but it was my 5th Ram, and the previous four were good trucks. So, I'm giving Ram another chance. Over years of owning trucks, I've figured out what I use and what I don't, and how much power I do or don't need. I think I've built a really well rounded truck - that'll do whatever I need it to. I've never used my 4x4 here in southern AZ, but got it anyway - because you just never know if you'll be up north in the winter. This has to be the most well rounded truck I will ever own - It has a bit of everything. (MSRP $52,315) Ordered it yesterday.

2021 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 5.7 bed
Billet Silver
Mountain Brown interior with bench front seat. (The storage compartment under the front middle seat is a perfect place for a gun.)
3.6 Liter (The V8 is now a $1,795 up-charge from the V6 - no thanks)
3.55 Diff
Multi-Function Tailgate
Rambox
4x4
Off-Road package
Trailer Brake Control (3.6L truck can tow up to 7,500 with 3.55 Diff)
Rear Underseat Storage
33 Gallon fuel tank (Great range with V6)
Bed utility group (Gotta have bed lighting with spray-in bed-liner)
Rear wheelhouse liners (Every truck should have these standard)

I wanted to order the Heads-Up Display, but in order to order the Tech Package, you had to upgrade to the 8.4 NAV, and the extra $795 for the NAV wasn't worth it for me.

LeatherDog

Reaction score
Ordered Friday 11/8

Billet Silver Laramie 4x4
Eco Diesel (3.92 required)
Level 2
Black Appearance
12”
Ram Box
Multi Tail Gate
Bed Utility
Advanced Safety

Matt
That is a great configuration.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't have much luck with my 2019 Ram 1500, but it was my 5th Ram, and the previous four were good trucks. So, I'm giving Ram another chance. Over years of owning trucks, I've figured out what I use and what I don't, and how much power I do or don't need. I think I've built a really well rounded truck - that'll do whatever I need it to. I've never used my 4x4 here in southern AZ, but got it anyway - because you just never know if you'll be up north in the winter. This has to be the most well rounded truck I will ever own - It has a bit of everything. (MSRP $52,315) Ordered it yesterday.

2021 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 5.7 bed
Billet Silver
Mountain Brown interior with bench front seat. (The storage compartment under the front middle seat is a perfect place for a gun.)
3.6 Liter (The V8 is now a $1,795 up-charge from the V6 - no thanks)
3.55 Diff
Multi-Function Tailgate
Rambox
4x4
Off-Road package
Trailer Brake Control (3.6L truck can tow up to 7,500 with 3.55 Diff)
Rear Underseat Storage
33 Gallon fuel tank (Great range with V6)
Bed utility group (Gotta have bed lighting with spray-in bed-liner)
Rear wheelhouse liners (Every truck should have these standard)

I wanted to order the Heads-Up Display, but in order to order the Tech Package, you had to upgrade to the 8.4 NAV, and the extra $795 for the NAV wasn't worth it for me.
Nice, and a very wise selection of options in my opinion. I have the Billet Silver with the Mountain Brown interior with bench seat also. You'll be surprised how much more upscale that interior is.

I live "up north" and in an area that gets it's fair share of snow, and I've never owned four-wheel drive. A good set of snow tires works fine, and if necessary I load my 800 lb. ATV on the back and it goes anywhere. This saves me on the extra weight and driveline load that comes with 4x4 and maximizes gas mileage.

Enjoy your new truck!

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 040144 miles.

LeatherDog

Reaction score
Nice, and a very wise selection of options in my opinion. I have the Billet Silver with the Mountain Brown interior with bench seat also. You'll be surprised how much more upscale that interior is.

I live "up north" and in an area that gets it's fair share of snow, and I've never owned four-wheel drive. A good set of snow tires works fine, and if necessary I load my 800 lb. ATV on the back and it goes anywhere. This saves me on the extra weight and driveline load that comes with 4x4 and maximizes gas mileage.

Enjoy your new truck!

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 040144 miles.
How do you like the color contract between the Billet Silver and the Mountain Brown?

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you like the color contract between the Billet Silver and the Mountain Brown?
I like it quite a bit. First, I'm tired of very dark or black interiors. It brightens the interior and allows the features of the nicely designed interior to be more noticeable. In my Laramie most people believe the interior is top of the line and are often surprised when I tell them there are two trim lines above mine. Not one person as commented that the interior color didn't go with the Billet Silver, and almost everyone praises it.

Best regards,
Dusty

LeatherDog

Reaction score
I like it quite a bit. First, I'm tired of very dark or black interiors. It brightens the interior and allows the features of the nicely designed interior to be more noticeable. In my Laramie most people believe the interior is top of the line and are often surprised when I tell them there are two trim lines above mine. Not one person as commented that the interior color didn't go with the Billet Silver, and almost everyone praises it.

Best regards,
Dusty
Thanks. Your feedback is helpful. I felt I was putting myself out there with the color combo, as not many folks have the Mountain Brown interior, and I even almost changed the exterior color to Granite Crystal, but I felt Billet Silver would go well with a black tonneau cover, OEM mud guards, and flat black step rails.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
Thanks. Your feedback is helpful. I felt I was putting myself out there with the color combo, as not many folks have the Mountain Brown interior, and I even almost changed the exterior color to Granite Crystal, but I felt Billet Silver would go well with a black tonneau cover, OEM mud guards, and flat black step rails.
I agree with everything that Dusty said, and I always enjoy seeing how many of my picks end up in other people's picks. Billet Silver, mountain brown interior, all great choices. This is my first RAM though, so I had to get the HEMI, and I like the idea of the eTorque with the start/stop instead of the starter motor. I am hoping it is as smooth as some people have said it is.

LeatherDog

Reaction score
I agree with everything that Dusty said, and I always enjoy seeing how many of my picks end up in other people's picks. Billet Silver, mountain brown interior, all great choices. This is my first RAM though, so I had to get the HEMI, and I like the idea of the eTorque with the start/stop instead of the starter motor. I am hoping it is as smooth as some people have said it is.
You won't even notice, and if you do, it will be because you were trying to notice. It really is a seamless start/stop. Only issue I have is that when the engine shuts off, the A/C no longer is being cooled, and the air coming out is a bit stale for a few moments - can make a difference when it's 115 in AZ.

Dontra

Reaction score
2021 Patriot Blue, Bighorn, Crew cab 4x2, 5.7 bed, 5.7 Hemi etorque, Level 2, anti-spin 321 rear end, Air ride, 33 gal tank, 18 in wheels, Multifunction tailgate, Ram box, Wheel liners, MT Brown Deluxe bucket seats, 8.4 no navigation, Trailer brake controller. Front and rear rubber mats. remote start. parksence. 52680 MSRP, 47303 before TTL, and whatever rebates and incentives are when it comes in.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You won't even notice, and if you do, it will be because you were trying to notice. It really is a seamless start/stop. Only issue I have is that when the engine shuts off, the A/C no longer is being cooled, and the air coming out is a bit stale for a few moments - can make a difference when it's 115 in AZ.
I hear that...we got record highs up here in Las Vegas...118 degrees...it is nice to have the option to turn off auto start/stop when it's that hot at a red light lol. Otherwise... Etorque has actually saved me a good amount of gas

Users who are viewing this thread