5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gone are the days when all you had to look over your shoulder for was the salesman and his manager. Now you also have to keep an eye on your wallet as the banker’s cut has gone significantly larger with rates above 6%…. Today’s buyer has to cut a heck of a deal on the truck but also pull off a miraculous feat if financing the deal.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Man, You Tube is full of “the sky is falling” copycat videos on the big 3 truck sales. While I dont care for the ridiculous prices of the 24’s and 25’s, I don't think dealerships will be going bankrupt like the YTbers are saying.

Recently one Ford dealer down in Florida just shut down however that seems to be rare. I do see a lot of inventory on the local Ford and Ram lots, not so much the GMC or Chevy dealer lot.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Man, You Tube is full of “the sky is falling” copycat videos on the big 3 truck sales. While I dont care for the ridiculous prices of the 24’s and 25’s, I don't think dealerships will be going bankrupt like the YTbers are saying.

Recently one Ford dealer down in Florida just shut down however that seems to be rare. I do see a lot of inventory on the local Ford and Ram lots, not so much the GMC or Chevy dealer lot.
gm shuts the ft Wayne truck assembly plant down every time inventory gets a little out of hand on 1500's. I am about 60 miles from there.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

One of my favorite videos was one that insinuated, quite intensley, that Stellantis was going bankrupt and needed government intervention.
Dealers won't go out of business, they will get bought up by the big conglomerates that are already doing so. Soon you'll have to clarify when you say "big three" do you mean the manufacturers or the retailer supergroups. But anyway, bad news sells papers - or clicks - so the unfounded stories will keep flowing. As I always have to clarify - I'm not saying Stellantis is perfect or that business is exactly where we want it to be - but this is no where close to the level of fire and brimstone you hear on these fancy videos.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here's one of two in stock limited 2024 1500's my local RAM dealer has on his website. Doesn't look like very aggressive pricing to me. Must not be hurting...
They don't have a single 2025 on their lot and the 2 TRX's are at MSRP. (At least no markups).

New 2024 RAM 1500 Limited

Stock: CDJRRN217922
Details
MSRP $74,335
Dealer Discount $1,000
Sale Price $73,335

I hope you don't want to buy a 3500 diesel from here... Zero discounts.

New 2024RAM 3500 Longhorn

Stock: CDJRRG183886
Details
MSRP $99,545

• Exterior: Diamond Black Crystal Pearlcoat
  • Interior: Black / Cattle Tan Interior Color

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread