5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

W Six

Reaction score
There's a dealer not to far from me that is offering decent finance rates thru Chrysler Capital.....

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
That email coupon is called a TDM by the industry. (Targeted Direct Mailer).
Usually they are generated by a prospective buyer getting into the system at a dealer. Generally, an inquiry into a vehicle on the lot somewhere, and answering their generic questions, will make it happen. Stellantis then targets these people that have inquired, but not purchased, and gives them a little shove with this TDM !
Another way to get one is to click on the popup on Rams build site, but the popup can be infrequent if you ignore it or X it out.
I got several of them during the months i was shopping around.

spyder

Reaction score
I'm chuckling because the Rebel I traded into the dealer is currently STILL for sale and the price has dropped down to what they gave me for it. I thought they gave me way more than it was worth and apparently I was right. Makes me feel even better about the deal I got on my current truck last fall.

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
Here's how screwed up the system is. I received that same $1500 email from RAM (or was it?) that had a dealers name embedded at the top, a dealer that I have been talking to about one of their 1500s. I forwarded the email and an offer on the truck in question, but they came back saying that $1500 offer isn't compatible with the stand alone 10%!

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here's how screwed up the system is. I received that same $1500 email from RAM (or was it?) that had a dealers name embedded at the top, a dealer that I have been talking to about one of their 1500s. I forwarded the email and an offer on the truck in question, but they came back saying that $1500 offer isn't compatible with the stand alone 10%!
********. That is definitely possible to use with other offers. Some are not, but that is.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Yeah, they are wrong about that. TDMs stack with other offers !
The dealer name across the top is also irrelevant. That is indeed the dealer that instigated the mailer, but its good anywhere.

FloridaSun

Reaction score
I was able to pull off 20k off before tossing my trade into the mix.
Yes, working a deal now for 2024 Black with chrome bumpers 1500 Limited Level 1, 22' inch rims, sunroof, 3.92, 33 gallons. They are $64500 with discounts off $81K...but added $3K in fees to the $64500...working to remove and purchase before end of month/quarter. I am trading the same truck but it is a 2020. CarMax has given me the highest quote of $38600...and 3 RAM dealers have quoted me $35K, $34700 and $34800 for my RAM.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
4 other dealers were $66,000 on the road no matter how much I tried dealing. As a matter of fact, my truck was transfered from a dealer that wouldn't deal LOL.....they just don't know it happened.

I always wonders what incentive a dealer has to give you a better deal then have to transfer in a vehicle. What is the benefit for them to take the extra step?

Also, how does one go about executing this process? Do you state, "Hey, Dealer X has the truck I want but its too expensive. What will you charge me for their truck?"

The reason for asking is a local dealer provides extra services if you buy through them and would prefer to do that.

dracktw

Reaction score
Got my 24 ram 1500 limited (Richmond dodge)
85k msrp
10% off
7K dealer discount (they match dodge sacramento)

They try to lowball my trade 2022 ram laramie to 38 after going back an fort ended up Matching car max offer of 45K

Attachments

• IMG-20240319-WA0045.jpg
    IMG-20240319-WA0045.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 40

rick619

Reaction score
Bought a 2023 Big Horn 5.7 on Saturday. Sport and trailer packages. Big Horn Level 1 group.

Sticker: $61,185
Minus 10% from the dealer and 10% from Ram. So 20% off total.

Price Paid: $49,453

Very happy and enjoying the V8! Wife has a 2019 Ford Expedition with the 3.5 EB. I used to have a 2018 F150 with the 2.7 EB. It's just not the same as having the V8. My dog freaks out every time I pull up. Needs to learn what the new truck sounds like lol.

Ram1500.jpg

Ram1500b.jpg

Attachments

• Ram1500 Sticker.pdf
    96.9 KB · Views: 19

Checker629

Reaction score
Working a deal for a Limited Elite with an MSRP just above $86k. So far, we're at $69k but I'm trying to get some extra cash on my trade. Either way, $17k off isn't bad & puts the price back to where it should have been before all the price increases over the last few years. It has the tow mirrors which I don't want/need but otherwise, is a nice build.

PS, I was hoping to get that coupon but I never received an email.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Working a deal for a Limited Elite with an MSRP just above $86k. So far, we're at $69k but I'm trying to get some extra cash on my trade. Either way, $17k off isn't bad & puts the price back to where it should have been before all the price increases over the last few years. It has the tow mirrors which I don't want/need but otherwise, is a nice build.

PS, I was hoping to get that coupon but I never received an email.
Try making another email address, just for that. If you are already making the deal, it may be too late though.

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
RAM, in their infinite wisdom, has removed the 10% off MSRP as of today and replaced it with a $2500 cash incentive.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
RAM, in their infinite wisdom, has removed the 10% off MSRP as of today and replaced it with a $2500 cash incentive.
They're forcasting a SHORTAGE of groundstock on 1500s over the next few months, we were warned about this a month or two ago. 2025 production starts slow (slower than we'd like for sure!) so they (Stellantis) is not feeling the pressure to move groundstock. We have a conference call shortly will update with any relevant info on that. But in short, at first glance, you're correct sir.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
They're forcasting a SHORTAGE of groundstock on 1500s over the next few months, we were warned about this a month or two ago. 2025 production starts slow (slower than we'd like for sure!) so they (Stellantis) is not feeling the pressure to move groundstock. We have a conference call shortly will update with any relevant info on that. But in short, at first glance, you're correct sir.
let them know to build sold trucks of all models. :)

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score

What was the result of the concall?
It appears manufacturers are cutting production to keep supply low and prices up.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
What was the result of the concall?
It appears manufacturers are cutting production to keep supply low and prices up.
Dropped rebates on all 1500s essentially to just $2500, rather than the $4500 that was on some lower trims and 10% that was on upper.
No real granular detail on the "shortage" other than a planned plant closure for a week or two in May.

Users who are viewing this thread