5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
Thank you for the help!
I just want to clarify when you say before accessories that would be any extras i add thats not on it already? And 46k plus ill may for extra accessories? Correct?

That’s right. Separate the negotiation of accessories from the price of the truck itself if that’s possible. Accessories have a large markup, and you don’t want to conflate truck price and accessory price.

Also - should have clarified in my last message in case I explained poorly. You are not lowballing the dealer by starting at 46k. You need to show serious intent to buy, and if they sense you are educated on what an aggressive price would be, they will be comfortable working out a deal over text or the phone.

If you are not, they will probably give you a number they say is their best (it may or may not be). At that point it’s up to you whether to haggle or if the price meets what you’re willing to accept.

Brooksrandy81

Reaction score
That’s right. Separate the negotiation of accessories from the price of the truck itself if that’s possible. Accessories have a large markup, and you don’t want to conflate truck price and accessory price.

Also - should have clarified in my last message in case I explained poorly. You are not lowballing the dealer by starting at 46k. You need to show serious intent to buy, and if they sense you are educated on what an aggressive price would be, they will be comfortable working out a deal over text or the phone.

If you are not, they will probably give you a number they say is their best (it may or may not be). At that point it’s up to you whether to haggle or if the price meets what you’re willing to accept.
Great thank you for that!

Brooksrandy81

Reaction score
So far dealers im trying to work with aren't as hungry to sell given its the last few days of the month and year! I have not been able to get them to come off their advertised discounted sale price at all. I have a few days yet im going to wait this out! LARAMIE MSRP at 60,350.00 So Far best they'll go is 50,600.00 Im pushing for more!

ramain

Reaction score
First post. Thanks all for information here.

Just bought a CC 4x4 Laramie 5'7 box + Off Road Package + Hemi V8 (Non eTorque) + Level 2 Equip + 20 inch Wheel

MSRP $55xxx
~$16k off with rebates
Out door price $44xxx (Including 10%ish California tax and fees).

Non-standard Rebates:
$1000 Select Inventory Rebate (Manufactured in May and needed a jump start for test drive lol)
$1000 Penfed Rebate
Willing to pay cash, but the sales guy told me to get a loan from FCA and keep 3 month they can get this kind of deal. Agreed and get qualified for 6.5%/72mo, will pay $250 interest before paying off and see how it works.

Also trade in a Mustang and got $500 lower than KBB buy from private price (fair condition). (The salesman told me trade-in not required for the truck deal).

Brooksrandy81

Reaction score

Just bought a CC 4x4 Laramie 5'7 box + Off Road Package + Hemi V8 (Non eTorque) + Level 2 Equip + 20 inch Wheel

MSRP $55xxx
~$16k off with rebates

Non-standard Rebates:
$1000 Select Inventory Rebate (Manufactured in May and needed a jump start for test drive lol)
$1000 Penfed Rebate
Willing to pay cash, but the sales guy told me to get a loan from FCA and keep 3 month they can get this kind of deal. Agreed and get qualified for 6.5%/72mo, will pay $250 interest before paying off and see how it works.

Also trade in a Mustang and got $500 lower than KBB buy from private price (fair condition). (The salesman told me trade-in not required for the truck deal).
sounds like a really Fair deal for you!!! I hope I can swing that kind!

Ram92131

Reaction score

MSRP $55xxx
~$16k off with rebates

Non-standard Rebates:
$1000 Penfed Rebate

Sounds like a great deal. What dealer? You said this was a dealer in California?

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
I ordered my truck today! I got $7706 (~11.5%) off MSRP with out having to negotiate anything. I got them to come up a grand of my trade but they would not negotiate further on price or give away any freebies. I was hoping to get $8000 on my 2010 2WD 1500 and got $9000, so that makes the new truck $49,999 before tax and title. No incentives or rebates but got it in writing that the 72 month 0% financing was order protected so that is an other savings of about $6000.

2019 RAM 1500 Limited crew cab 4x4 5'7" box
5.7-Liter V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
3.21 Rear Axle Ratio
33-Gallon Fuel Tank
Deployable Bed Step
Level 1 Equipment Group
Bed Utility Group
Granite Crystal Met. Clear-Coat Exterior Paint
Black Interior Color
RamBox® Cargo Management System

Dreng

Reaction score
So far dealers im trying to work with aren't as hungry to sell given its the last few days of the month and year! I have not been able to get them to come off their advertised discounted sale price at all. I have a few days yet im going to wait this out! LARAMIE MSRP at 60,350.00 So Far best they'll go is 50,600.00 Im pushing for more!

Im in the same boat looking at the new rebels. Il get a auto from the dealer that is higher than the advertised price and most dealers quit responding after the first email

glennf14

Reaction score
I ordered my truck today! I got $7706 (~11.5%) off MSRP with out having to negotiate anything. I got them to come up a grand of my trade but they would not negotiate further on price or give away any freebies. I was hoping to get $8000 on my 2010 2WD 1500 and got $9000, so that makes the new truck $49,999 before tax and title. No incentives or rebates but got it in writing that the 72 month 0% financing was order protected so that is an other savings of about $6000.

2019 RAM 1500 Limited crew cab 4x4 5'7" box
5.7-Liter V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
3.21 Rear Axle Ratio
33-Gallon Fuel Tank
Deployable Bed Step
Level 1 Equipment Group
Bed Utility Group
Granite Crystal Met. Clear-Coat Exterior Paint
Black Interior Color
RamBox® Cargo Management System
Wow I had no clue that the 0% financing offer was order protected. I always thought that you had to take delivery before the offer expired.

blankenbuhler

Reaction score
Wow I had no clue that the 0% financing offer was order protected. I always thought that you had to take delivery before the offer expired.

I just talked to "Billy" at Dennis Dillon and he said the 0% ISN'T order protected. Hopefully finalizing a deal today w/another dealer for pickup Monday.

79 300

Reaction score
I just talked to "Billy" at Dennis Dillon and he said the 0% ISN'T order protected. Hopefully finalizing a deal today w/another dealer for pickup Monday.
I had a new Chevrolet on order in 2006. When I signed and left a deposit they had a 2.9% finance deal. That is what I signed for. When it came in 2 months later and we went to pick it up, the paperwork had 6.9%. The salesman said " that offer expired, but it's only about $15 more a month, no big deal" I stood up, put on my coat, and he said "where are you going? " I said I am taking my old car and going home.
They re-did all the paperwork immediately for 2.9%.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Picked up my Limited today. 69,510 MSRP, paid 60,750 plus TTL. No rebates as I took advantage of the 0% for 72 months. Got them to tint the front windows and to include the bed divider after negotiating price.

MFrench

Reaction score
Can someone refresh my memory how the USAA rebate works? One dealer told me you had to be an employee of USAA??? My wife is a USAA member (savings account). Was told she didn’t qualify

Jackham

Reaction score
So despite my distaste for Ford interiors, I'm possibly looking at them now. My CPA just told me that in 2019 HD trucks are 100% tax deductible against the business. It's called "100% bonus depreciation". That has me looking at 2500s. Unfortunately the Ram HD looks like it doesn't have the bigger cab that the 19 1500s do. I'm 6'6" and my 4 year old is needing more and more room behind my seat, so I need the extra room. I actually like the new chevy 2500, but their interior is just like last generation so they're out. If I'm going the HD route that only leaves me with an F250. While their interiors feel cheap, it appears the Limited trim does have some extra leather. So I was bored one day and just got a couple of emails out. I'm sharing this as a testimonial of the $10k rule. Over on the Ford forums, everyone is talking about hold back and invoice and other BS numbers made that make the consumer feel educated. They were happy to get $7k off on a 19 after hours of negotiation. IMO it's easier to start at the $10k rule and work from there. In a few emails I was able to nearly get that on a loaded 19 Limited. If I were ready to buy, I have no doubt I'd find a dealer to do $15k or so off. I cringed when a guy on the Ford forum said "yeah my buddy works at another dealer and he filled me in on what kind of profit they have. Newsflash, no sales manager at any dealership knows the real profit of their vehicles. Only the owner does, and possibly the GM. Hopefully this will help people get a good deal. Just remember, the more they talk and the longer discussions happen, the better the dealer is likely to do. Keep it short and sweet. Email every dealer in your area for best price. If they waste your time with anything less than "invoice" *A fake number* don't respond to them. If there is any desire to make a deal then you will absolutely hear back from them. Be polite but direct.

The tax rebate is for trucks over 6,000lbs. You qualify with a crew cab and 6'4" box.

U

User_3336

Take the finance rebate and refinance/pay it off AS SOON AS YOU GET YOUR ACCOUNT # FROM CHRYSLER CAPITAL.

There is no penalty for paying it off soon. The dealer will lose their finance rebate, but no penalty to you.

MSRP $55xxx
~$16k off with rebates

Non-standard Rebates:
$1000 Penfed Rebate

AlwaysHungry

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and would really appreciate some feedback.

I am working with a dealer on a 2019 Laramie with a MSRP of $61,xxx.
We have negotiated over the past 3 weeks to get to $49,xxx (a little over $12,000 off, $4,500 of which is rebates, for for a grand total of 18.6% off

Should I go for it or is this a situation where I should be asking for more off? I am really new to car buying and would really appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks for your time!

Brooksrandy81

Reaction score
Take the finance rebate and refinance/pay it off AS SOON AS YOU GET YOUR ACCOUNT # FROM CHRYSLER CAPITAL.

There is no penalty for paying it off soon. The dealer will lose their finance rebate, but no penalty to you.
Im hearing only a 500.00 rebate to finance with them?!

Users who are viewing this thread