5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
I am told the Dealer earns them as they sell vehicles, the higher volume the dealer the more Ram bucks. I went to the highest volume dealer in WI and they made the best offer of three dealers.

Bear
I am in MN. What dealer did you use in WI?

ChrisP

Reaction score
2019 Ram Limited MSRP $66,455 Ordered at the dealer in Sept. with Ramboxes, 5.7l eTorque, Trailer brake control, 33Gal tank, Anti-spin Diff., and painted bumpers, Selling Price was $55,451

k1kelley

Reaction score
2019 1500 Limited
Billet Silver
5.7L eTorque, Level 1 group, 3.92 anti-spin rear, 20" rims, power running boards, body color bumpers

MSRP: $66,300 + Freight: $1,695
No rebates, took 0% for 72 months.
Negotiated price including freight: $58,425
+ got them to come up $3,000 on my trade above what another dealerships best offer was.

Total price including tax, title, fees and before down payment and trade equity: $61,325

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
So despite my distaste for Ford interiors, I'm possibly looking at them now. My CPA just told me that in 2019 HD trucks are 100% tax deductible against the business. It's called "100% bonus depreciation". That has me looking at 2500s. Unfortunately the Ram HD looks like it doesn't have the bigger cab that the 19 1500s do. I'm 6'6" and my 4 year old is needing more and more room behind my seat, so I need the extra room. I actually like the new chevy 2500, but their interior is just like last generation so they're out. If I'm going the HD route that only leaves me with an F250. While their interiors feel cheap, it appears the Limited trim does have some extra leather. So I was bored one day and just got a couple of emails out. I'm sharing this as a testimonial of the $10k rule. Over on the Ford forums, everyone is talking about hold back and invoice and other BS numbers made that make the consumer feel educated. They were happy to get $7k off on a 19 after hours of negotiation. IMO it's easier to start at the $10k rule and work from there. In a few emails I was able to nearly get that on a loaded 19 Limited. If I were ready to buy, I have no doubt I'd find a dealer to do $15k or so off. I cringed when a guy on the Ford forum said "yeah my buddy works at another dealer and he filled me in on what kind of profit they have. Newsflash, no sales manager at any dealership knows the real profit of their vehicles. Only the owner does, and possibly the GM. Hopefully this will help people get a good deal. Just remember, the more they talk and the longer discussions happen, the better the dealer is likely to do. Keep it short and sweet. Email every dealer in your area for best price. If they waste your time with anything less than "invoice" *A fake number* don't respond to them. If there is any desire to make a deal then you will absolutely hear back from them. Be polite but direct.

Attachments

• Ford 1.png
    Ford 1.png
    86 KB · Views: 82
  • Ford 2.png
    Ford 2.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

someguy

Reaction score
2019 Big Horn, almost all options aside from the fabled Rambox and horrible tow mirrors, MSRP was $55,870 (Midwest US).

I paid $39,600 OTD. This does not include TTL.

No trade or dealer addons. Just financed. I'm pretty happy with it and don't think I could have done much better.

Wanted to contribute since this thread helped me. Good luck to all.

Last edited:

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Big Horn, almost all options aside from the fabled Rambox and horrible tow mirrors, MSRP was $55,870 (Midwest US).

No trade or dealer addons. Just financed. I'm pretty happy with it and don't think I could have done much better.

did you get the 0% for 72 ?

someguy

Reaction score
No, as I understand the 0% does not stack with any rebates. I took the Chrysler Cap financing and will refinance. I think the 0% is a good option for a Longhorn/Limited or any other trim they don't have good rebates on, though.

Quicker10u

Reaction score
I went in saying "I don't pay interest on vehicles. 0% or I walk" I work in Banking and have great credit. (not trying to brag, just background info)

I ended up paying $47k and change for my Laramie. Sticker was 52k and change. They gave me the choice of taking the rebates and incentives or paying dealer invoice and 0% for 72. I ran the calculations both ways and Saved a TON doing 0% for 72.

Purchased in Bluffton, SC on Black Friday (11-23) 2018

Brooksrandy81

Reaction score
Im currently working on dealing with a couple dealers. One dealer is telling me they can get the truck from dealer #2 but not to try to work numbers with them or it will hinder their ability to obtain the truck. But I would like to get quotes from both has anyone dealt with this?
Dealer 2 is advertising Laramie Sport at 10k under MSRP im hoping to wiggle out of there out the door at 9 or 10 k under.

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
Im currently working on dealing with a couple dealers. One dealer is telling me they can get the truck from dealer #2 but not to try to work numbers with them or it will hinder their ability to obtain the truck. But I would like to get quotes from both has anyone dealt with this?
Dealer 2 is advertising Laramie Sport at 10k under MSRP im hoping to wiggle out of there out the door at 9 or 10 k under.

What is the MSRP (destination included) of the truck? Will you be financing with either dealership or purchasing any accessories?

Brooksrandy81

Reaction score
What is the MSRP (destination included) of the truck? Will you be financing with either dealership or purchasing any accessories?

The truck I am looking at is 60,350.00 or right at around that # I will try to get them to throw in nerf bars and bed liner . Financing im leaving it open as can get it through my Credit union easily or if they offer better deals I will finance with them if it means a much better rate or rebate. I can always refi in a couple months back to my bank if its worth the hassle. Credit rate is at 792 and my wifes is over 800 so that should be no problem.

Dreng

Reaction score
My local dealer said that if a dealership is showing an open inquiry on a vehicle they would not be able to pull from the dealer. The dealer with the open inquiry has a potential sell and if they trade that vehicle for one with no inquiry they just gave up a potential sell in place for one that has no potential sale pending. Which means the vehicle will likely sit longer and the longer it sits the more it costs the dealer.

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
The truck I am looking at is 60,350.00 or right at around that # I will try to get them to throw in nerf bars and bed liner . Financing im leaving it open as can get it through my Credit union easily or if they offer better deals I will finance with them if it means a much better rate or rebate. I can always refi in a couple months back to my bank if its worth the hassle. Credit rate is at 792 and my wifes is over 800 so that should be no problem.

Find out what your rate is at the same loan term that you’d finance with either dealer.

If dealer A has it on the lot, and I were in your situation, id start with an offer lower than 10-11k below their MSRP.

If you don’t want to haggle, you should start with a price around 46k before accessories and before TTL and remind the salesperson you have financing but would be happy to use theirs. I would do this over text or phone but not email so they know you are serious and not shopping them for the lowest price.

If you do want to haggle, same as above but don’t give the opening offer - make them give the first price. Do remind them you have financing but would be happy to use theirs if the rate is competitive. The key here is to see where you can start negotiation from. If they understand you are serious they will start with a serious price. But this may take a bit of back and forth.

Being open to their financing (not the 0%, just financing with the dealer) will open up a world of extra discount possibilities.

What you feel comfortable paying is up to you and your own situation, but I would be dead to rights shocked is if you end up getting less than 10k before accessories and TTL. 11-15k should be possible, that will all depend on what the dealers motivations are to close their quarter and calendar year books.

PA42

Reaction score

It would be nice of you to disclose where you got such a deal as well :)

RamblinGa

Reaction score
I get Preferred Pricing (1% below invoice) ... That should be the starting point. I am just starting to shop and curious if what kind of markup am I looking at.

Dreng

Reaction score
I get Preferred Pricing (1% below invoice) ... That should be the starting point. I am just starting to shop and curious if what kind of markup am I looking at.
Most dealers to tell you that it doesnt matter as with dealer discount your already below the preferred pricing. Most dealers around where I live are about 5% below invoice or so they say.

Brooksrandy81

Reaction score
Find out what your rate is at the same loan term that you’d finance with either dealer.

If dealer A has it on the lot, and I were in your situation, id start with an offer lower than 10-11k below their MSRP.

If you don’t want to haggle, you should start with a price around 46k before accessories and before TTL and remind the salesperson you have financing but would be happy to use theirs. I would do this over text or phone but not email so they know you are serious and not shopping them for the lowest price.

If you do want to haggle, same as above but don’t give the opening offer - make them give the first price. Do remind them you have financing but would be happy to use theirs if the rate is competitive. The key here is to see where you can start negotiation from. If they understand you are serious they will start with a serious price. But this may take a bit of back and forth.

Being open to their financing (not the 0%, just financing with the dealer) will open up a world of extra discount possibilities.

What you feel comfortable paying is up to you and your own situation, but I would be dead to rights shocked is if you end up getting less than 10k before accessories and TTL. 11-15k should be possible, that will all depend on what the dealers motivations are to close their quarter and calendar year books.

Thank you for the help!
I just want to clarify when you say before accessories that would be any extras i add thats not on it already? And 46k plus ill may for extra accessories? Correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online