5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

grafnburgz

Reaction score
Anyone know if the 10% Laramie discounts work with the $1000 code from Ramtrucks.com? I would assume no?

RedFred

Reaction score
Long gone! (Just a few Hds that we FINALLY got recall parts for are left for '22s)

I'm still finding some 2022's available that I myself would be interested in. I have a bunch of links saved with trucks still available. Nothing too close to me, but I wouldn't mind picking up a 2022 if they made it worth my efforts. I'm not a fan of the mandatory e-torque on the 23's so a 22 hemi sounds appealing to me. Looks like April was the time to act, unfortunately I was gone half the month on vacation, so I missed out. Oh well, I'm always keeping an eye out for the right truck along with a sweet deal to temp me enough to pull the trigger. The search continues.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
I have been eyeing a local dealer's 2022 Big Horn.
MSRP $55,925
The price has fluctuated and was as low as $43,759, but currently at $48,009.
They may be keeping this one around a while unless they get a bit more aggressive on price.

RedFred

Reaction score
I have been eyeing a local dealer's 2022 Big Horn.
MSRP $55,925
The price has fluctuated and was as low as $43,759, but currently at $48,009.
They may be keeping this one around a while unless they get a bit more aggressive on price.
Those are my sentiments exactly. I don't need a new truck, but I wouldn't mind being seduced into one for the right price. :ROFLMAO:

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those are my sentiments exactly. I don't need a new truck, but I wouldn't mind being seduced into one for the right price. :ROFLMAO:
That is what happened to me - took my 21 in for the tailgate recall and the salesman asked if I'd entertain a discussion about upgrading to a 2023. When it is all said and done I pretty much upgraded 2 years and several features in the new truck and should be at the same or lower payment factoring in the equity in my 21. The crazy part is that I have made about $9,900 in payments for the 2021 so far and the equity after buyout is approx $10,000 so it was basically free to drive.

Ramerod24

Reaction score
I decked my Laramie out with almost every option. Only thing I am not getting that I would on a Limited is the headlights and ventilated rear seats. For the savings, I think it's well worth it.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I decked my Laramie out with almost every option. Only thing I am not getting that I would on a Limited is the headlights and ventilated rear seats. For the savings, I think it's well worth it.
Auto aiming better headlights, special interior, not just rear seat, better console, chrome trim, ability to order trailer surround view camera system. Probably more that I can't think of.

Last edited:

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Auto aiming better headlights, special interior, not just rear seat, better console, chrome trim, ability to order trailer surround view camera system. Probably more that I can't think of.
You can order trailer 360 as an option in Laramie and vented front seats.

Hadit55

Reaction score
My 2022 Backcountry (picked up fall 2021) now has 31,000 miles so I'm starting to think of ordering a new truck. Building a similar Backcountry now is $64,430 MSRP. With MD's 11.5% off and then 5k in incentives (my zip went from 4-5k yesterday) and the 1k private offer...brings the truck price to 51,021. So...20.8% off a 2023.

I'd order right now as MD seems awesome. Unfortunately I am almost 20 hours from them. Granger is 4% off invoice and only about 7 hours away. So, not as good, but a lot closer and wouldn't require hotel nights.

Anyway, looks like a person can get 20% off certain 2023 trims.
Is 31,000 miles a lot? lol

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is 31,000 miles a lot? lol
It isn't a lot of miles but it is close to out of warranty for the 3 year/ 36k bumper to bumper. I've found with the way these trucks retain value I was able to flip a 2019 - 2021- 2023 and roll the equity every 2 years to stay in a new truck with more options and full warranty. Both times I made the switch the equity was equal or greater to the sum of payments made so it can be economically rational to flip trucks if you don't put on a ton of miles.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
damn - they did change it again! When I placed my order on 4/13/23 and for at least a few days after that it was still showing the trailer 360 as an add-on option!
It seems like they change things daily. The rear seats in the Limited are heated and cooled and reclining, but I can live without that. I am really a stickler about headlights, so prefer the best available, but the Laramies are pretty good. If they would offer the trailer surround, I probably would downgrade to a Laramie, at 23% off. It wouldn't be the truck I want, but money talks.

John Galt

Reaction score
It seems like they change things daily. The rear seats in the Limited are heated and cooled and reclining, but I can live without that. I am really a stickler about headlights, so prefer the best available, but the Laramies are pretty good. If they would offer the trailer surround, I probably would downgrade to a Laramie, at 23% off. It wouldn't be the truck I want, but money talks.
The bitterness of lower trim level remains long after the sweetness of a lower price is forgotten.

Users who are viewing this thread