5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

deanno33

Reaction score
Yes you can. I was just at the dealer yesterday pricing one. Hemi, 5' 7" Laramie.

Anthony at MD has been saying no to a Laramie with Hemi and 5-7" box for the past couple days. He said only 6-4" box is available with Hemi. Can this just be a MD thing?

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 10% from RAM on this ALSO is only on retail purchases, not leases, and it's only on crewcab 1500 laramies - they got real specific this time.
It DOES work with affiliate pricing, if you have that. The alternative to the 10% off is a 2.9/72 APR which is ALSO standalone.
OR you could go the piece-by-piece and take the ones specific to your region ..... clear as mud.
Did you ever get more clarity on what if any additional incentives will work with the 10% off on Laramies - i.e. first responder, military etc? Sounds like you can still offer dealer discounts and the $500 off for affiliate in addition to the 10% off from Ram? The dealer I ordered from said there might be some situations where the dealer could get penalized if they start to discount beyond MSRP but he was going to check. Understand if you can't/don't want to get into it especially given I didn't end up ordering from your dealership!

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Did you ever get more clarity on what if any additional incentives will work with the 10% off on Laramies - i.e. first responder, military etc? Sounds like you can still offer dealer discounts and the $500 off for affiliate in addition to the 10% off from Ram? The dealer I ordered from said there might be some situations where the dealer could get penalized if they start to discount beyond MSRP but he was going to check. Understand if you can't/don't want to get into it especially given I didn't end up ordering from your dealership!

No we're going to likely have to wait for one of those to actually come through and deal close to see if the military/first goes through or not.
The "we'll get in trouble if we price any lower" is perhaps the greatest thing I've heard today.
You can't accidentally give someone an incentive/rebate from RAM, they govern all of that - so if they're saying they're not allowed to do additional dealer discount that's just wild.
If that were the case.... call us outlaws down here lol.

theeuroguy

Reaction score
Talked to Anthony today, you can get the shorter bed in the 4x2, but not the 4x4 with the hemi.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Yes you can. I was just at the dealer yesterday pricing one. Hemi, 5' 7" Laramie.
Closed as that option a few days ago, confirmed on conference call for entire SWBC 5/11, confirmed with our regional rep verbally yesterday. If you're in another region it is POSSIBLE that the mix could be different, but it certainly didn't sound like that. if you've got a build sheet post it I'd love the ammo and would be more than happy to push the issue and place these orders!
if you were build & price on ramtrucks.com it will still show available (will also show ecodiesel, 2022, and 2023 TRX which are of course not avail).

Yzcr87

Reaction score
Anthony at MD has been saying no to a Laramie with Hemi and 5-7" box for the past couple days. He said only 6-4" box is available with Hemi. Can this just be a MD thing?
I placed the order for my Laramie with the Hemi & 5' 7" box from MD on monday 5/8 in the A.M. That afternoon I called back with a question & they said I got lucky. They tried placing an order for another customer but found out that ordering closed for the Hemi 5' 7" combo that afternoon & Hemi is only available with the 6' 4". They also said that ordering for 23' was shutting down very very soon
I was concerned my order would get kicked back because of this or thrust into a 24' which I dont want but it all went through & it seems like production is picking up pace.
5/8 - ordered
5/9 - VIn# & a tentative build date for 5/19

RedFred

Reaction score
I'm confused. So what are the engine options for a 2023 Laramie 4x4 with the short bed? The only option is the 3.6L V6? Is that what you guys are saying?

RamBum

Reaction score
There are a lot of the 2023 Laramie 4x4 short beds in stock with the hemi. Just bought one yesterday. You might be able to find just what you want in stock somewhere.

RedFred

Reaction score
Just did this?
The point they are trying to make is that even though it's still listed on the Ram Trucks site, that when the dealer goes to order it, it is no longer available in that configuration. The website still also lists the eco diesel as an option but apparently you can't order the diesel anymore either.

seansmd

Reaction score
The point they are trying to make is that even though it's still listed on the Ram Trucks site, that when the dealer goes to order it, it is no longer available in that configuration. The website still also lists the eco diesel as an option but apparently you can't order the diesel anymore either.
Interesting I sent it to Mark and they didn't say anything and wanted to proceed.

RedFred

Reaction score
Interesting I sent it to Mark and they didn't say anything and wanted to proceed.
I hope you are right. I would not be interested in a Laramie if I had to opt for the standard 3.6 V6.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone successful used the TrueCar Military $500 code on a recent purchase? I am looking at $3,750 in bonus cash from Chrysler, $500 1st responder, $500 truecar Military and $1,000 ram pop-up ad plus $500 affiliate discount for a total of $6,250 in total incentives if they will all stack together. This combined with dealer discount gets me to 19.7% below invoice. Not quite as good as the 23% below MD is offering but within $2,303.65 without needing to ship and allowing me to do an easy trade-in, finance all the costs and lease vs purchase.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No we're going to likely have to wait for one of those to actually come through and deal close to see if the military/first goes through or not.
The "we'll get in trouble if we price any lower" is perhaps the greatest thing I've heard today.
You can't accidentally give someone an incentive/rebate from RAM, they govern all of that - so if they're saying they're not allowed to do additional dealer discount that's just wild.
If that were the case.... call us outlaws down here lol.
Anthony - a few queations should you have time and interest in answering.
-just curious if you've seen a Laramie sale go through yet with an attempt to apply the 1sr responder or military $500?
- Any idea if I would be able to stack 1,000 Ram pop-up ad, 500 1st responder, 500 trucar military, 500 affiliate and any standard bonus cash offer?

Thanks again in advance for all your help!

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
-just curious if you've seen a Laramie sale go through yet with an attempt to apply the 1sr responder or military $500?
- Any idea if I would be able to stack 1,000 Ram pop-up ad, 500 1st responder, 500 trucar military, 500 affiliate and any standard bonus cash offer?

On the Laramie 10% it looks like yes on affiliate, but TBD on military/1st responder
For the every-day bonus cash standard items, the $1K TDM (pop-up coupon), Military/1st Responder do work
Military and First responder only one at a time always - both are $500
Trucar I have not had personal experience with

ALL of these are ultimately run through a configurator with the actual vin at the time of closing for final verification. Past performance doesn't always predict future as each of these have fine print that essentially says mfr can change program rules at any time. At the risk of sounding cavalier about it, I always suggest make your decision based on the dealers' discount and the most concrete incentives - knowing that the little ones may change, sometimes for the better. Those are the parts that are the same no matter which dealer you're at anyway. The +/- $500-$1500 on a $50K+ purchase is small potatoes, and you can spend a lot of time driving yourself nuts!

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

As Anthony stated, some stack, some don't. Weird one, when I went to price a Laramie, I asked if since I qualify for friends and family, would I get the 10%. He told me that yess I would get the 10% of sticker, off of the FFP price, but actual employee discount, does not get the extra discount.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
As Anthony stated, some stack, some don't. Weird one, when I went to price a Laramie, I asked if since I qualify for friends and family, would I get the 10%. He told me that yess I would get the 10% of sticker, off of the FFP price, but actual employee discount, does not get the extra discount.
I said what? I'm confused now lol. Was that quote with FFP vs. EP vs. Discount with me? If so send it back to me I want to read it again lol.

Users who are viewing this thread