5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Rammmer

Reaction score
Are dealers hurting right now? A local dealer by me is advertising 20% off some 22 1500's online. 14k off MSRP before incentives.

When I bought my truck nearly a year ago they wouldn't budge from MSRP.

RedFred

Reaction score
Are dealers hurting right now? A local dealer by me is advertising 20% off some 22 1500's online. 14k off MSRP before incentives.

It's mid April and there is still a good amount of 2022's on the lots. 20% off is coming soon on all 1500's, including 2023 models imo.

23RAM

Reaction score
It's mid April and there is still a good amount of 2022's on the lots. 20% off is coming soon on all 1500's, including 2023 models imo.
Around here there are very few 22's left on the lots - we're seeing 10-12% off for the 22's. 23's are still close to MSRP with some discounts of 3-5% on the lower trims, and full MSRP on the higher models.

John Galt

Reaction score

There’s a lot of lower trim “standard” options inventory left. Especially with the interest rates creeping up for over a year.

With an msrp of over $50k on a 2wd truck with cloth seats, low towing/payload capacity and a government hellbent on making vehicle ownership unattainable for people who don’t matter….there’s a lot of unsold inventory sitting on lots right now.

TSL

Reaction score

robman3387

Reaction score
In Canadian dollars, 13k off MSRP here, negotiated the "mandatory" financing processing fee off the vehicle, and got a sweet deal on the trade in.

From what I heard in the industry, Ram got ahead of the chip shortage during the COVID years and has too much supply vs ford/gm. That's why you'll see big incentives + decent finance rates vs Ford and GM.

RedFred

Reaction score
Ram pickup truck sales are down 17% for the 1st quarter compared to prior year 2022. 2022 numbers were already down compared to 2021 due to chip shortage and supply chain issues. So Ram pickup truck sales seem to be in a downward trend.

Legal Brief

Reaction score
It’s all because they discontinue the wrong things. Eco Diesel 3.0 had a total niche, now they are gone and they can’t move the lesser configurations. Give it a few months they will all be sucked up by the flood replacements.

Trailwalker16

Reaction score

I think dealers are trying to move the remaining 22s they offering close to 13 grand off by me but you have to choose from whatever they have left in a 22

Craigg69

Reaction score
Dealer near me in Connecticut was offering 20% off MSRP and then they had there own discount on this model.. Original price was 95,000 which is stupid but 20% off put it at 76k and then dealer had another 6k off put the sale price at 70k and was able to talk them down to 68,800. 2022 Ram 1500 bighorn/sport Rocky ridge. 20230428_162042.jpg

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dealer near me in Connecticut was offering 20% off MSRP and then they had there own discount on this model.. Original price was 95,000 which is stupid but 20% off put it at 76k and then dealer had another 6k off put the sale price at 70k and was able to talk them down to 68,800. 2022 Ram 1500 bighorn/sport Rocky ridge. View attachment 157731
What modifications did they do for the over $20,000? The highest I could do a build and price on a 23 Big Horn, was just over $70,000. That was with the highest price wheels, which they have obviously replaced, but therefore they wouldn't have ordered those. I know you didn't pay that, but that is a ridiculous price for a Big Horn, no matter what they did to it.

RedFred

Reaction score
What modifications did they do for the over $20,000? The highest I could do a build and price on a 23 Big Horn, was just over $70,000. That was with the highest price wheels, which they have obviously replaced, but therefore they wouldn't have ordered those. I know you didn't pay that, but that is a ridiculous price for a Big Horn, no matter what they did to it.

Did you see the picture? You can't build a Rocky Ridge on the Ram website.

6" SUSPENSION LIFT SYSTEM
20" ROCKY RIDGE WHEELS
35" PREMIUM ALL TERRAIN TIRES
ROCKY RIDGE CALIPER COVERS
BODY COLOR FENDER FLARES
BLACK WHEEL-TO-WHEEL SIDE STEPS
POWDER COATED EXHAUST TIPS
PERFORMANCE EXHAUST UPGRADE
20" LED LIGHT BAR
ROCKY RIDGE PUDDLE LIGHTS
ROCKY RIDGE CUSTOM GRILLE INSERT
CENTER CONSOLE STORAGE SAFE
ROCKY RIDGE GAUGE CLUSTER
ROCKY RIDGE CUSTOM STITCH HEADRESTS
ROCKY RIDGE EXTERIOR BADGING
ROCKY RIDGE WINDSHIELD BANNER
MEETS FMVSS STANDARDS
3 YEAR / 36,000 MILE WARRANTY

6of36

Reaction score
Did you see the picture? You can't build a Rocky Ridge on the Ram website.

6" SUSPENSION LIFT SYSTEM
20" ROCKY RIDGE WHEELS
35" PREMIUM ALL TERRAIN TIRES
ROCKY RIDGE CALIPER COVERS
BODY COLOR FENDER FLARES
BLACK WHEEL-TO-WHEEL SIDE STEPS
POWDER COATED EXHAUST TIPS
PERFORMANCE EXHAUST UPGRADE
20" LED LIGHT BAR
ROCKY RIDGE PUDDLE LIGHTS
ROCKY RIDGE CUSTOM GRILLE INSERT
CENTER CONSOLE STORAGE SAFE
ROCKY RIDGE GAUGE CLUSTER
ROCKY RIDGE CUSTOM STITCH HEADRESTS
ROCKY RIDGE EXTERIOR BADGING
ROCKY RIDGE WINDSHIELD BANNER
MEETS FMVSS STANDARDS
3 YEAR / 36,000 MILE WARRANTY
That's why I was asking. A lot you can't see. Still an extremely high price, for what it includes. You could do it yourself for half the price, and still have the factory parts to resell. It would only be overpaying if you didn't get the deal.

RedFred

Reaction score
That's why I was asking. A lot you can't see. Still an extremely high price, for what it includes. You could do it yourself for half the price, and still have the factory parts to resell. It would only be overpaying if you didn't get the deal.
That is true. But for some it's the benefit and ease of having the truck modified by a manufacturer approved 3rd party and with the truck being sold as new, you get to have the price of the modifications financed through your truck loan rather than pay for all the modifications after purchasing the truck. The Rocky Ridge trucks are not for me but if you are into lifted trucks, it's an easy way to get into one.

6of36

Reaction score
That is true. But for some it's the benefit and ease of having the truck modified by a manufacturer approved 3rd party and with the truck being sold as new, you get to have the price of the modifications financed through your truck loan rather than pay for all the modifications after purchasing the truck. The Rocky Ridge trucks are not for me but if you are into lifted trucks, it's an easy way to get into one.
Just because it is sold at the dealer, doesn't mean it's manufacturer approved. Back in the day of custom vans, I was a mechanic at dealerships. We did not repair any modifications. The owner had to take it to the custom company that did the modifications. This may or may not be the case with this, but it is possible, that although it comes with a warranty, it probably is not covered by manufacturer warranty on anything modified. If there are any suspension problems, for example, the owner may have to take it directly to the mod shop, or take it to the dealer, who will send it out to the mod shop for repairs.

RedFred

Reaction score
Just because it is sold at the dealer, doesn't mean it's manufacturer approved. Back in the day of custom vans, I was a mechanic at dealerships. We did not repair any modifications. The owner had to take it to the custom company that did the modifications. This may or may not be the case with this, but it is possible, that although it comes with a warranty, it probably is not covered by manufacturer warranty on anything modified. If there are any suspension problems, for example, the owner may have to take it directly to the mod shop, or take it to the dealer, who will send it out to the mod shop for repairs.
My understanding of Rocky Ridge, at least from their website, is that they buy directly from the manufacturer, do the modifications, and then send the truck to participating dealers to be sold as new by the dealership. It does carry a separate warranty from Rocky Ridge, but I'm not sure what parts of the factory warranty still do or don't apply.

6of36

Reaction score
My understanding of Rocky Ridge, at least from their website, is that they buy directly from the manufacturer, do the modifications, and then send the truck to participating dealers to be sold as new by the dealership. It does carry a separate warranty from Rocky Ridge, but I'm not sure what parts of the factory warranty still do or don't apply.

That is the same was the custom van companies did it back then. If it involves a part installed at the factory, it is repaired under factory warranty. The dealer has access to parts. Any parts not factory installed, would have to be repaired by the modifier. If there was a problem, like a gap in the fender flare, we would not repair it, they would have to take it elsewhere. Some dealers may do some minor things as a courtesy.

Craigg69

Reaction score
Everything that Rocky Ridge did to the truck is covered at any Ram dealership for 3years 36000k miles just like the bumper to bumper coverage. Yes I have done close to this same build on older ram trucks for about 12k but with these rebates was cheaper to buy this way and didn't void warranty. I have a friend that has the Black widow package and had 1 problem with his truck and was serviced at the dealership.

deanno33

Reaction score

My 2022 Backcountry (picked up fall 2021) now has 31,000 miles so I'm starting to think of ordering a new truck. Building a similar Backcountry now is $64,430 MSRP. With MD's 11.5% off and then 5k in incentives (my zip went from 4-5k yesterday) and the 1k private offer...brings the truck price to 51,021. So...20.8% off a 2023.

I'd order right now as MD seems awesome. Unfortunately I am almost 20 hours from them. Granger is 4% off invoice and only about 7 hours away. So, not as good, but a lot closer and wouldn't require hotel nights.

Anyway, looks like a person can get 20% off certain 2023 trims.

Users who are viewing this thread