5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looking at a limited MSRP of $69,510 offered at $60,000 with discounts. That includes no rebates as I plan on doing the 0% financing. What do you all think of that discount?

Last edited:

stevetom84

Reaction score
Looking at a limited MSRP of $69,510 looking at $60,000 with discounts. That includes no rebates as I plan on doing the 0% financing. What do you all think of that discount?

$9,510 is a decent dealer discount and is around the same thing I was able to do on a Limited. The 0% financing far outweighs the current value factory rebates (assuming you have to finance).

professorwest

Reaction score
I am going to say no less than 20% of Msrp.

Is that with all incentives / rebates? Sometimes we are speaking different numbers here. MSRP is MSRP ... but then there is Discount + Incentive/Cash .. .so not counting all that other stuff .. just those two variables. So, you are saying with Discount from MSRP + Incentives/ rebates = No less than 20%

glennf14

Reaction score
Is that with all incentives / rebates? Sometimes we are speaking different numbers here. MSRP is MSRP ... but then there is Discount + Incentive/Cash .. .so not counting all that other stuff .. just those two variables. So, you are saying with Discount from MSRP + Incentives/ rebates = No less than 20%
That's what I would assume. There's no way a dealer can do a dealer discount of 20%. You need the FCA incentives (the standard plus whatever else you may/may-not qualify for) to reach that 20% off figure. For example, the standard Big Horn incentive in my area was $6500 at one point, that's unbelievable. Couple that with a decent dealer discount and you can buy a $50k truck for ~37k (assuming no trade-in shenanigans).

glennf14

Reaction score
$9,510 is a decent dealer discount and is around the same thing I was able to do on a Limited. The 0% financing far outweighs the current value factory rebates (assuming you have to finance).
exactly...yea that's a great dealer discount and you'll save roughly $7500 on loan interest. (assuming no down payment and comparing to a 4% interest rate over 72 months)

Cjgator

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger today and feel like I did ok. 2019 Limited RWD.
MSRP: $63,545
Disc: $8,749 (13.8%)
Paid: $54,796

No incentives or rebates since I took the 0% for 72 months.

Orlando, FL

JonR88

Reaction score
I am saying if msrp is $60,000 then purchase price should be $12K less.

Runagun

Reaction score
If that is OTD. Then yess a good deal.

Looking at a limited MSRP of $69,510 looking at $60,000 with discounts. That includes no rebates as I plan on doing the 0% financing. What do you all think of that discount?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If that is OTD. Then yess a good deal.
Do you know where I can find one for $60k OTD that was originally $69,500? that would be like $57k with no rebates. So about 20% off of MSRP with no rebates? Are people really getting that great of a deal somewhere? Please let me know. I will travel for it!

glennf14

Reaction score

Orlando, FL
Congrats!!

kawagumby

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think he meant the line that reads "+ tax and fees" - because if those fees are title/license, that's one thing, but if it's title + license + document + destination, that's a very different discount. I might be over-interpreting, though.

The MSRP on the sticker already includes the destination charge of $1695. Tax and fees are government charges (which vary at location/state) plus some minor dealer fees that include a doc fee of $80 and an electronic transfer fee of $30. In essence, the $14000 off I got is the real deal with no dealer "hidden" fees. Some dealers use a special local DMV desk that is dedicated to the car dealership groups. The $30 fee pays for that service.

jastevenson

Reaction score

Orlando, FL

Congratulations on the new truck. Which dealership did you use? I also live in central Florida and haven’t been impressed with the deals thus far.

Cjgator

Reaction score
Congratulations on the new truck. Which dealership did you use? I also live in central Florida and haven’t been impressed with the deals thus far.
Thanks. I really love this truck and feel as though I didn't leave much if anything on the table. Bought from Greenway. Also negotiated with Airport but in the end I got the better deal at Greenway. I'm pretty sure that a 13% dealer discount is about all they are willing to give right now.

Runagun

Reaction score
I got a 68k truck for 53k+ttl With 0% 36months. Didn't take the 72 cause it killed the rebates. OTD came out to 58k I paid 4k in taxes. I got mine from Tyson motors in Shorewood IL.

With due respect, I shouldn't say and keep it to myself but if one is forgoing the 3k in rebates for a longer pay time. Get something cheaper you'll be underwater with the truck by year three.

RazorbackRam

Reaction score
I gotta quick question. I'm interested in a 4x4 bighorn or rebel. What would be a good dealership discount to try for before incentives. I'm planning on leasing and I know you don't get the same incentives. Any advice would be great.

cruz-in

Reaction score
Fully loaded longhorn. MSRP $68,310 total Out the Door Price (including all taxes , title, fees, etc.) was 59.900.

TexasCarl

Reaction score
I am looking to order a Limited and think I have an OK dealer discount but incentives / rebates are what is offered at time of delivery. The current offers expire 1/02/19 and a truck ordered now will not be delivered by that date. Does Ram always have some rebates and do you think they will go up or down after the first of the year?

19Rebel19

Reaction score
2019 Rebel Crew Cab 4x4
MSRP $64,485
Invoice $60,149
Holdback $1,884
FFP $59,623
EP $57,342
Sell Price $52,999
OTD $56,000 including TTL&Doc Fees
Discount off MSRP $11,486

Northern Virginia