5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Terviseks

Reaction score
...eh, I don't know about that. I think it's pretty fair to ask for your address, he's not asking for your social security number. If you aren't serious enough to provide an address, I would doubt how serious you are.

They are obviously giving the flat 7% (as others had mentioned, it's a good - not the best deal), trying to move volume and clearly trying to build a database for future sales ops.

I'm not sure that providing an address equates to the seriousness of a buyer's intent to purchase. That said, I've never ordered a car before (only purchased from in stock), so maybe ordering is different enough for them to want to know my address to give me an OTD quote. Price-wise, I agree it's a good but not great deal. However, I can tack on an additional $1,000 of savings via USAA, and it becomes good enough for me. The lure of going this route is that I don't have to spend much time inside the dealership.

In any case, thanks for the feedback.

SomeTXguy210

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Pretty new to the forum and new to car buying as I've previously only bought pre-owned cars.

My question is, realistically, how much could I shave off this or is it a pretty good deal already?

MSRP$47,050
2019 Retail Consumer Cash **CK1 (excl WE )$2,750
2019 Retail Bonus Cash SWCKA1 $500
2019 Big Finish Retail Bonus Cash 38CK9 $1,000
Dealer Discount $6,005
Price $36,795

Thanks,

MachineX

Young and retired in Texas...
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Pretty new to the forum and new to car buying as I've previously only bought pre-owned cars.

My question is, realistically, how much could I shave off this or is it a pretty good deal already?

MSRP$47,050
Dealer Discount $6,005
Price $36,795

Thanks,
Need more info. What is "this"? If you listed the build it might be helpful.

SomeTXguy210

Reaction score
Sorry, let me repost with more info.

Hey Guys,

2019 Ram 1500 Lone Star w, :
Base : $38395
25Z Level 2 : $2100
Premium LED : $995
Deluxe Bucket : $395
5.7 Hemi : $1195
20 inch wheels : $1595
Blind Spot : $595
Mats : $135

MSRP$47,050
Dealer Discount $6,005
Price $36,795

Thanks,

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

MSRP$47,050
Dealer Discount $6,005
Price $36,795

Thanks,

Decent. 22.5% off msrp

glennf14

Reaction score
So we should be shooting for 7% below invoice (which is around MSRP X .91) minus incetives, correct? Or better...
I don't think this is correct. Invoice should be roughly MSRP x .91, and holdback is MSRP x .03. (MSRP in both calculations is without the $1695 destination fee.)
At least that's what I've been seeing.

surfingcrna

Reaction score
I'm not sure that providing an address equates to the seriousness of a buyer's intent to purchase. That said, I've never ordered a car before (only purchased from in stock), so maybe ordering is different enough for them to want to know my address to give me an OTD quote. Price-wise, I agree it's a good but not great deal. However, I can tack on an additional $1,000 of savings via USAA, and it becomes good enough for me. The lure of going this route is that I don't have to spend much time inside the dealership.

In any case, thanks for the feedback.
I have never given anything out but my email and only phone number if I need a call for the last 5 cars I have purchased. If they don't like it I just move along. Shows how interested they are in my business.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
I tried Koons, too, and got the 7% spiel. I'm also local (Norther Virginia - I actually live right down the road from Koons). However, before I could get the OTD price, I needed to provide Craig with my full address, otherwise he simply "can't provide the final quote". Told him both the city and state I live in (they only need the state in Virginia to figure out the final price with taxes, title, etc.), but he came back with "when you get me the exact address you live at, I will give you the quote".

I'm trying to order a 69K vehicle, and I'm getting the 3K-used-car-dealership treatment. Thanks, but no thanks.
He asked me for the same info and I provided it. Got the quote pretty quick. No used car feel at all. It just verifies the FCA incentives.

kawagumby

Reaction score
Ram 1500 Big Horn crew cab 4X4
Customer preferred package 27Z
MSRP 49560 (sticker price)
Manufacturer's rebate 6000
Dealer knock off 8000
Final cost (+ taxes and fees) : 35560

Gilroy, CA I bought it about a couple of months ago

Two or three weeks ago or so, they were selling for 15K under sticker!!

Thedonandmikeshow

Reaction score
“Two or three weeks ago or so, they were selling for 15K under sticker!!”

Seems very good, but what does the last sentence mean?

Rbuker115

Reaction score
2019 Rebel
MSRP- $58,800
Paid- $49,000

Not sure what the exact invoice was but I saw 52k somewhere in the managers paperwork.

JonR88

Reaction score
Guys what percentage can I expect to get off MSRP on a Limited model?? I would qualify for a couple rebates. USAA and Chevrolet truck owner. No trade
I am going to say no less than 20% of Msrp.

Maple

Reaction score
$15000 under MSRP.
I'm not sure, but I think he meant the line that reads "+ tax and fees" - because if those fees are title/license, that's one thing, but if it's title + license + document + destination, that's a very different discount. I might be over-interpreting, though.

4sallypat

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the RAM truck locator page has changed dramatically ?
I can't find RAMs with Ramboxes under the Exterior filter.

Does anyone know why ?

Maple

Reaction score

Does anyone know why ?
They broke it when they added the bed step. You can still build and price, then search. It's been broken for a few days now.

Stasek

Reaction score

Does anyone know why ?
If they changed it intentionally, they screwed it up big time. You used to be able to search by power train (V6, Hemi, Hemi eTorque), but that option is gone. Not smart.

Users who are viewing this thread