5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

brewdad

Reaction score
The mid-cycle refresh is scheduled for September 2023 for model year 2024 Ram.

Derek916

Reaction score
Many thanks.

Considering my wife feels I do not need a truck, this would be my first and last truck purchase. If leather is nicer, I do not mind paying more for Limited. Few more questions:

1. Is Air suspension reliable? I have it on my SUV and love it.
2. Seem there are three engine options. One V6 and two V8. I read the V6 are more reliable and V8 are more powerful. Power make sense. but reliability? Also, how much higher fuel economy would i get if i get V6 over V8? Standard is V8. no price difference between with and without etorque.
3. I plan on adding Limited 10th anniversary edition and LL1 group. and the panaromic roof. Anything i should not add or should add?

Is 2023 worthwhile upgrade? Here is my thinking about price increases. With increasing interest rates, there is no way high end trucks will maintain their sales volume. The rebates are expected to get better as year end comes up. I have another advantage by buying it in January. KY charges property tax on vehicles and I assume it to be around $800 for the first year on the truck. But it is charged on property that I own on January 1. So, if I buy it on January 2, I save another $800. but if 2023 is not a worthwhile upgrade, I can save all that money and buy my truck right now at a lower price.
So, I actually sold my Laramie truck after four months of ownership at basically breakeven. I got 59K, I paid 61.5K after taxes/shipping due to not liking the daily drivability and wanting a better interior/air suspension. The pros of the truck was it really opened up my life. That shed at Costco? Well now I got a vehicle to pick it up, bam! I ended up buying a shed, a $1700 BBQ for $1000, 7' carpet runner, and garage shelving.

The market is certainly coming down, and you are buying at the proverbial peak by my anecdotal observations. My rationale for calling this the peak? Orders for the 2021 model year (MY) ended first week of June, MY 2022 is still open. I asked MD if they knew when it was going to close, and they said it closes when the factory has enough orders to finish the year. With the recent price increase in June, this to me shows that demand is slowing. Also, my local dealers are beginning to discount their trucks now, a Limited can be had for 8% off MSRP. Also, keep in mind, the example I have below is with an MSRP with a lower base price than the current base price. So the actual discount is about 9 or 10%.

Example: New 2022 Ram 1500 LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4 5'7 BOX For Sale | Sunnyvale CA

I still expect 2023 prices to be higher. Inflation and supply constraints will drive the prices up IMO.

Rammmer

Reaction score
So, I actually sold my Laramie truck after four months of ownership at basically breakeven. I got 59K, I paid 61.5K after taxes/shipping due to not liking the daily drivability and wanting a better interior/air suspension. The pros of the truck was it really opened up my life. That shed at Costco? Well now I got a vehicle to pick it up, bam! I ended up buying a shed, a $1700 BBQ for $1000, 7' carpet runner, and garage shelving.

The market is certainly coming down, and you are buying at the proverbial peak by my anecdotal observations. My rationale for calling this the peak? Orders for the 2021 model year (MY) ended first week of June, MY 2022 is still open. I asked MD if they knew when it was going to close, and they said it closes when the factory has enough orders to finish the year. With the recent price increase in June, this to me shows that demand is slowing. Also, my local dealers are beginning to discount their trucks now, a Limited can be had for 8% off MSRP. Also, keep in mind, the example I have below is with an MSRP with a lower base price than the current base price. So the actual discount is about 9 or 10%.

I still expect 2023 prices to be higher. Inflation and supply constraints will drive the prices up IMO.
For the used market it seems like things have stopped going up, and are probably going to inch down, but with inflation and rising new vehicle prices, I don't expect by much.

New vehicle prices will certainly increase. Every single new 2023 model I've seen across the spectrum has gone up in pricing. We'll see if trucks follow that trend but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't.

It's interesting to see the geographic price differences. In the Northeast, dealers are still adding a market adjustment to Limited's above the MSRP. Example: 2022 Ram 1500 Limited 1C6SRFHT0NN313258 | Dan O'Brien Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Methuen, MA

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Derek916

Reaction score
For the used market it seems like things have stopped going up, and are probably going to inch down, but with inflation and rising new vehicle prices, I don't expect by much.

New vehicle prices will certainly increase. Every single new 2023 model I've seen across the spectrum has gone up in pricing. We'll see if trucks follow that trend but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't.

It's interesting to see the geographic price differences. In the Northeast, dealers are still adding a market adjustment to Limited's above the MSRP. Example: 2022 Ram 1500 Limited 1C6SRFHT0NN313258 | Dan O'Brien Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Methuen, MA

Yeah it is extremely cost prohibitive to own a truck in California. 54 cent a gallon gas tax scheduled to increase based on inflation + regular sales tax and an additional $300 to register your vehicle annually because California treats all trucks as commercial vehicles. Just expensive in general to live in California...I just found out I have to buy compostable trash bags and store my food waste in the fridge to dump it in my yard waste bin.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Many thanks.

Considering my wife feels I do not need a truck, this would be my first and last truck purchase. If leather is nicer, I do not mind paying more for Limited. Few more questions:

1. Is Air suspension reliable? I have it on my SUV and love it.
2. Seem there are three engine options. One V6 and two V8. I read the V6 are more reliable and V8 are more powerful. Power make sense. but reliability? Also, how much higher fuel economy would i get if i get V6 over V8? Standard is V8. no price difference between with and without etorque.
3. I plan on adding Limited 10th anniversary edition and LL1 group. and the panaromic roof. Anything i should not add or should add?

Based on what I just read above, you should be considering a new wife as well as a new truck . . . . . .

rbundy84

Reaction score
Based on what I just read above, you should be considering a new wife as well as a new truck . . . . . .
Double the upgrade = double the fun!

My wife was very much on the fence as well, and still has comments every now and again regarding gas mileage, but she doesn’t complain when we have to move something and how happy it makes me and my kids (it was crucial to get my two young daughters on my side pre purchase too!)

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
My truck is on a train to the dealership. This is also my first truck. Im coming from several Mercedes’.

1. The air ride does make it ride like a luxury SUV but keep in mind even with the regular suspension I thought the truck drove very very nice. Test drive both and see. There’s always maintenance considerations with air ride and I’ve had to replace several suspension sensors on my ‘17 GLE 63. Range Rovers are famous for needing new compressors at some point.

2. The Limited trim comes with either the V8 gas or V6 diesel. There’s a V6 gas on lower trims. It depends what is important for you: fuel economy and how you’re gonna use it.

3. I got the 10th anniversary because I loved the white leather interior. Keep in mind Ram may or may not offer it for ‘23. A different light interior was available on the ‘21 trucks. The panoramic roof is great and makes the interior fee super roomy and spacious. Even more than it already is. Consider the axle ratios and your needs as well. I got the 3.92 thinking of better resale and didn’t mind the mileage penalty. I think you’re gonna want the level 1 equipment group as well. Look into it.

My issue with Laramie is there are too many options to pick from. I am afraid, I will miss something, or misunderstand something when I order it. Limited seems to have everything included. Only thing I pick is the Panaromic roof and LL1 package.

I have heard horror stories about the air suspension as well on trucks. Is it really that bad?

Jeffjjones

Reaction score

I feel the same about the market. the rising interest rates will price a lot of customers out of the market. So even though 2023 costs would increase, the incentives will likely get better. Still concerned about not having light color leather seats though. If the 10 year edition is gone, would i still have the light seat color options in 2023?

MO Rebel

Reaction score
I have heard horror stories about the air suspension as well on trucks. Is it really that bad?
There are a lot of folks who praise it, but based on the number of issues and longevity complaints that I read about, I switched from a Trailhawk to a Limited when I bought both our Grand Cherokees (it was standard on the Trailhawk). As for the Ram, I use mine like a truck, so I don’t care if it rides like a truck. At a minimum, I would definitely recommend getting an extended warranty if you get the air suspension and plan on keeping the truck for awhile.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Anyone used TrueCar or PenFed discounts recently?

Just checked the TrueCar site and the coupon that was popping up before is no longer there.

Haven't hit the 60 days yet on my PenFed membership, but has anyone tried to get that code recently? Still $500?

Derek916

Reaction score
Anyone used TrueCar or PenFed discounts recently?

Just checked the TrueCar site and the coupon that was popping up before is no longer there.

Haven't hit the 60 days yet on my PenFed membership, but has anyone tried to get that code recently? Still $500?
PenFed doesn't stack with Affiliate. So it doesn't matter anyways. When I bought in February I could only use TreadLightly (Affiliate)

Rammmer

Reaction score
PenFed doesn't stack with Affiliate. So it doesn't matter anyways. When I bought in February I could only use TreadLightly (Affiliate)
From what I've read here none of the three stack and you can only use one. I didn't sign up for tread lightly so all I have to rely on now is PenFed it seems. Wondering if that one is still available.

Derek916

Reaction score
It’s happening guys. Our first MD competitor. 14% off Ram trucks but they have a higher doc fee of $800 and broker fee of $600. Their dealer is based out of Florida which might be of interest to some of you guys. This forum is pretty interesting there’s another broker working with a dealer out of Southern LA offering 12.5 who I assume is MD. They also charge a broker fee.

RedFred

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. Quick question. When do new rebates begin? It seems to be a monthly thing but does it start on the 1st of each month? I was at the dealership last Tuesday trying to make a deal. But even though they were giving me good value on my trade in, 2015 Laramie, they were only taking $1k off the price of the new truck. I left with no deal. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Derek916

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. Quick question. When do new rebates begin? It seems to be a monthly thing but does it start on the 1st of each month? I was at the dealership last Tuesday trying to make a deal. But even though they were giving me good value on my trade in, 2015 Laramie, they were only taking $1k off the price of the new truck. I left with no deal. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
They refresh on the sixth of every month. This months incentive is much worse than last months.

RedFred

Reaction score
Thanks for that info. Probably going to wait until August and see if there is any improvement in the incentives. I can't help but think that there should be better deals ahead.

Derek916

Reaction score
Thanks for that info. Probably going to wait until August and see if there is any improvement in the incentives. I can't help but think that there should be better deals ahead.
Well, 2022 is ending and 2023 will have higher MSRP most likely. Also, you can lock now, and if the incentive is better you can take the better incentive.

cleigh

Reaction score
Well, 2022 is ending and 2023 will have higher MSRP most likely. Also, you can lock now, and if the incentive is better you can take the better incentive.

Just FYI, that was not the case when I ordered from MD in May. Used to be, but I only can take the incentives from delivery. Price is all they would lock.

RedFred

Reaction score
I have been strictly looking at what's on dealer lots so far. I'm just starting to consider ordering a truck because I can't seem to find the exact options I am want anyway. Do most of you guys order your trucks? Most likely if I ordered now I would be looking at a 2023 model? Dealers around me haven't been moving much off MSRP. I don't know if ordering a truck would change that. I know many on the forum have mentioned ordering from Mark Dodge. That's a pretty far distance from where I am in NJ.

Users who are viewing this thread