5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

mike146

Reaction score
FYI when I was ordering in November 2021, night package was 525. During time it took for me to actually get truck in March 2022, the package went up in cost to 1850 or so. Then in few days it went back down to 525.

I paid the 525. People who ordered in those few days, what say you? Did you get the 525 or stuck with the higher price?

Rammmer

Reaction score
FYI when I was ordering in November 2021, night package was 525. During time it took for me to actually get truck in March 2022, the package went up in cost to 1850 or so. Then in few days it went back down to 525.

I paid the 525. People who ordered in those few days, what say you? Did you get the 525 or stuck with the higher price?
Wow. It's 3-4k now and will probably be more for 2023 models.

AMK53

Reaction score
Ordered custom 2022 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, V8 Hemi eTorque, offroad/bed utility/southwest edition/level II equipment group, 3.92 rear axle, leather seats with MSRP of $68K and purchase price of $59K less incentives.

Derek916

Reaction score
Ordered custom 2022 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, V8 Hemi eTorque, offroad/bed utility/southwest edition/level II equipment group, 3.92 rear axle, leather seats with MSRP of $68K and purchase price of $59K less incentives.
That price is better than MD. Btw I hear the trx ordering has closed and 2023 is showing as a 6K increase. Read it on trx thread on Leasehackr

rbundy84

Reaction score
Longtime lurker, first time Ram buyer. Completed this purchase earlier today. 2022 Bighorn Night Edition. Around 11% off MSRP including rebates. Yes I know I couldve done better with Mark Dodge, but couldn’t wait 3-4 months for a new build as my older car crapped out on me…

Attachments

• 5E9D8DE7-F0CE-492B-8564-4A641871EDD5.jpeg
    5E9D8DE7-F0CE-492B-8564-4A641871EDD5.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 756960AF-9659-464A-9FA7-5DFE830B7303.jpeg
    756960AF-9659-464A-9FA7-5DFE830B7303.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 53

Dunga

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Longtime lurker, first time Ram buyer. Completed this purchase earlier today. 2022 Bighorn Night Edition. Around 11% off MSRP including rebates. Yes I know I couldve done better with Mark Dodge, but couldn’t wait 3-4 months for a new build as my older car crapped out on me…
Congraaats! That’s a great looking truck. I’m not a silver car guy but honesty it looks very nice on the Ram. It’s nicer even in real life just sparkles in the sun. Enjoy in good health.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Congraaats! That’s a great looking truck. I’m not a silver car guy but honesty it looks very nice on the Ram. It’s nicer even in real life just sparkles in the sun. Enjoy in good health.
Thanks! I love it!

Kooch80

Reaction score
Bought a Limited Ecodiesel today. Was a frustrating experience because of shady dealer practices. They advertised truck at 67500 and I got text confirmation from salesperson that was the price. No mention of dealer markup when discussing purchase over phone. Window sticker was sent to me and no markup on the one that's sent to me. Dealership is over an hour away and I didn't want my time wasted with typical sales BS so I communicated that multiple times. When it comes time for the numbers they try to add 10k market price adjustment BS. I was pissed. Told them give me my keys, I'm leaving. They came back couple minutes later with only 1k added. I was good with that price but the way they pulled that 💩 had me heated. To wrap it up after taxes and fees paid 71k.

Attachments

• 20220702_160240.jpg
    20220702_160240.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 78

Dunga

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bought a Limited Ecodiesel today. Was a frustrating experience because of shady dealer practices. They advertised truck at 67500 and I got text confirmation from salesperson that was the price. No mention of dealer markup when discussing purchase over phone. Window sticker was sent to me and no markup on the one that's sent to me. Dealership is over an hour away and I didn't want my time wasted with typical sales BS so I communicated that multiple times. When it comes time for the numbers they try to add 10k market price adjustment BS. I was pissed. Told them give me my keys, I'm leaving. They came back couple minutes later with only 1k added. I was good with that price but the way they pulled that 💩 had me heated. To wrap it up after taxes and fees paid 71k.
That sounds just awful. I’m so sorry. There’s gotta be some authority that you can complain to about misleading ads. I suppose it’s happening everywhere these days. Did they really advertise a discount then tack on $10K? It’s nuts.

Sounds like you still got it for a fair bit under MSRP so all in all congrats and enjoy the new ride.

AMK53

Reaction score
That sounds just awful. I’m so sorry. There’s gotta be some authority that you can complain to about misleading ads. I suppose it’s happening everywhere these days. Did they really advertise a discount then tack on $10K? It’s nuts.

Sounds like you still got it for a fair bit under MSRP so all in all congrats and enjoy the new ride.

I flat out refuse to work with dealers that charge above MSRP. I tell them honestly that they can find another sucker to take the deal. No matter what the market is doing, there is always a dealer who is willing to give the same car well below MSRP. Don't give money to anyone who tries to cheat you. It teaches them that they can get away with it in the future.

Kooch80

Reaction score
I flat out refuse to work with dealers that charge above MSRP. I tell them honestly that they can find another sucker to take the deal. No matter what the market is doing, there is always a dealer who is willing to give the same car well below MSRP. Don't give money to anyone who tries to cheat you. It teaches them that they can get away with it in the future.
I agree. These guys should've just listed at MSRP instead of discounting 10k plus just to add 10k back on in "market price adjustment" BS

Dewey

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow those add-on’s are crazy. Never seen that before. Sounds like a real shady dealer.😲

wjcook68

Reaction score
I bought a 2022 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 ecodiesel. It is the Billet Silver, Laramie Level 1 with the Mopar rubber floor mats, anti-spin diff, 33 gallon tank and trailer brake controller. The manufacturer's sticker was $64,125, paid $61,625. I am sure I could have done better but I am happy. I got $51,500 for my Gladiator that I only owed 15k on so that definitely helped with the payment.

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
Looking to buy a limited edition Ram 1500. I did a lot of research and still cannot figure out what to buy. Please help. here are what my needs are:

1. Need the truck here by end of February 2023. Friends coming early march and would like to have it before that.
2. Would not be towing anything. I just have never had a truck.
3. Would not be financing. Would pay cash for it.
4. Would be driving about 4k-6k per year max. Don't drive much.
4. Wants:
a. Need a panoramic roof
b. Need all around camera, leather seats, big screen etc. This seems to be standard on limited.
c. Do not want diesel.
d. would like a truck with a decent fuel economy but not at the cost of high-repair engine or poor engine performance.

I am located in Louisville KY. I think i will order from Mark Dodge. When should i place my order? 2023 worthwhile? Will be more expensive but current 2022s are not cheap either. Thank you all for your help.

Derek916

Reaction score
Looking to buy a limited edition Ram 1500. I did a lot of research and still cannot figure out what to buy. Please help. here are what my needs are:

1. Need the truck here by end of February 2023. Friends coming early march and would like to have it before that.
4. Wants:
a. Need a panoramic roof
b. Need all around camera, leather seats, big screen etc. This seems to be standard on limited.
c. Do not want diesel.
d. would like a truck with a decent fuel economy but not at the cost of high-repair engine or poor engine performance.

I am located in Louisville KY. I think i will order from Mark Dodge. When should i place my order? 2023 worthwhile? Will be more expensive but current 2022s are not cheap either. Thank you all for your help.
It will definitely be more expensive. The cluster gauge goes from partially analog to fully digital (main change). I would buy now, the June incentives just expired so check back tomorrow and see what they are. If you build now you will have it within two months most likely assuming your order doesn't get rolled over to 2023. You could get all of what you want in a Laramie Edition w/ Advanced Safety Group (360 camera) and Southwest Edition (12 inch screen, nice 20" wheels, pano sunroof for $2700). If you go this route you'll probably save 4-5K. Your main losses would be slightly worse LED, Laramie is already really good, it is just the Limited LEDs will shift as you turn the wheel. The other loss would be less quality leather. If air suspension is something you want, you could also get it in the Laramie.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score

4. Wants:
a. Need a panoramic roof
c. Do not want diesel.

-Derek summed it up well on the trimp levels, I'm more versed on lower trim levels so have nothing to add on that. But on point 4 related to paying cash -there is always a rebate for financing with Chrysler capital. It sounds counter intuitive but you will get a better price if you finance. Just finance it and pay it off a month later. Also if you have options on a lower interest rate vs more $ off the purchase price, make sure you take the $ off because you are not going to end up paying interest anyway as you are paying it off right away.

On the engine it is obvious you need the V8 hemi Etorque

Also I highly recommend Mark Dodge. Tell them exactly what you are trying to do (related to paying cash) ands they will tell you what's best for you related to rebates.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread