5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Rammmer

Reaction score
Just FYI, that was not the case when I ordered from MD in May. Used to be, but I only can take the incentives from delivery. Price is all they would lock.
When I ordered in June I was able to lock the June incentives. Which wasn't great but 0% APR isn't all that bad.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Derek916

Reaction score
Just FYI, that was not the case when I ordered from MD in May. Used to be, but I only can take the incentives from delivery. Price is all they would lock.
Weird…I have confirmation on July 5th of the following from MD. It’s the cash incentive I am referring to, not the finance incentive.

“We can lock in the incentives on the day of order only and then you will have the option to choose day of order or day of delivery incentives only.”

cleigh

Reaction score
Weird…I have confirmation on July 5th of the following from MD. It’s the cash incentive I am referring to, not the finance incentive.

“We can lock in the incentives on the day of order only and then you will have the option to choose day of order or day of delivery incentives only.”

That's really interesting. I asked multiple times and was told it wasn't available. Oh well, looks like I should be good for Labor Day incentives.

mike146

Reaction score
I have been strictly looking at what's on dealer lots so far. I'm just starting to consider ordering a truck because I can't seem to find the exact options I am want anyway. Do most of you guys order your trucks? Most likely if I ordered now I would be looking at a 2023 model? Dealers around me haven't been moving much off MSRP. I don't know if ordering a truck would change that. I know many on the forum have mentioned ordering from Mark Dodge. That's a pretty far distance from where I am in NJ.
I am on Long Island in NY and ordered from Mark Dodge. Much cheaper than local dealers on the Island. At the time, local dealers wanted MSRP plus 3000 on top. I saved over 10,000 even after paying 1600 to have it shipped. Give them a call and give them a chance. You can email them with specs you are looking for, they will let you know if doable for 2022, or if you need to order a 2023. Took me 4 months from order date to delivery. Others have waited much longer, others much less. But they are pretty straight forward. Read more of the threads here and you will see it is hard to go wrong with Mark Dodge. There are others that have similar pricing...you just have to look around.

Good Luck

RedFred

Reaction score
I am on Long Island in NY and ordered from Mark Dodge. Much cheaper than local dealers on the Island. At the time, local dealers wanted MSRP plus 3000 on top. I saved over 10,000 even after paying 1600 to have it shipped. Give them a call and give them a chance. You can email them with specs you are looking for, they will let you know if doable for 2022, or if you need to order a 2023. Took me 4 months from order date to delivery. Others have waited much longer, others much less. But they are pretty straight forward. Read more of the threads here and you will see it is hard to go wrong with Mark Dodge. There are others that have similar pricing...you just have to look around.

Good Luck

Thanks for that. I did reach out to Mark Dodge today via email. I do have my current truck that I was looking to trade in. I guess with a long distance deal, trading in a car wouldn't be a feasible option anymore.

Dunga

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I did reach out to Mark Dodge today via email. I do have my current truck that I was looking to trade in. I guess with a long distance deal, trading in a car wouldn't be a feasible option anymore.
Have you considered selling to Carmax or local dealer?

RedFred

Reaction score
Have you considered selling to Carmax or local dealer?

No, but those are good options. Local dealer did offer me a good trade in value when trying to make a deal even though they didn't move much on the new truck. I will have to check out how much I can get for my truck just as a normal sale to determine the value of the entire deal of ordering a truck. Lots to consider.

Derek916

Reaction score
No, but those are good options. Local dealer did offer me a good trade in value when trying to make a deal even though they didn't move much on the new truck. I will have to check out how much I can get for my truck just as a normal sale to determine the value of the entire deal of ordering a truck. Lots to consider.
Also worth noting that people are reporting $1.40 to $1.50 per mile for transportation. I paid 92 cents per mile in February.

RedFred

Reaction score
Also worth noting that people are reporting $1.40 to $1.50 per mile for transportation. I paid 92 cents per mile in February.

Yeah, I guess higher gas prices are showing up in higher transport costs.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Driveway.com seems to be paying much more than Carmax, Carvanna, and the rest.

RedFred

Reaction score
Driveway.com seems to be paying much more than Carmax, Carvanna, and the rest.

One other thing I just thought of, I don't know if this is the case in every state, but here in NJ, if I don't trade my truck in, I lose out on the tax saving by not having my trade in value deducted from the new truck price. So that's another trade off to take into consideration.

I will check out the sites you guys mentioned. I have gotten a quote from Carvana in the past and it was lower than I expected.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One other thing I just thought of, I don't know if this is the case in every state, but here in NJ, if I don't trade my truck in, I lose out on the tax saving by not having my trade in value deducted from the new truck price. So that's another trade off to take into consideration.

I will check out the sites you guys mentioned. I have gotten a quote from Carvana in the past and it was lower than I expected.

28 months ago, I bought a VW Tiguan for my wife. I paid $29,500. Over those 28 months she put 82,000 miles on the vehicle. Driveway.com gave us $27,000 for the thing. In other words, it only cost us 3 cents a mile to own it. They were about $5,000 better than Carvana's offer and the trade offers at the VW dealers. I also live in NJ. But that price spread far out-weighed the trade-in tax savings. I am not advertising for Driveway.com, but you have to consider them. I actually learned about them from someone else on this forum that used them. I think he said they were about $3,500 better than any trade or purchase offer he had for his truck.

RedFred

Reaction score
28 months ago, I bought a VW Tiguan for my wife. I paid $29,500. Over those 28 months she put 82,000 miles on the vehicle. Driveway.com gave us $27,000 for the thing. In other words, it only cost us 3 cents a mile to own it. They were about $5,000 better than Carvana's offer and the trade offers at the VW dealers. I also live in NJ. But that price spread far out-weighed the trade-in tax savings. I am not advertising for Driveway.com, but you have to consider them. I actually learned about them from someone else on this forum that used them. I think he said they were about $3,500 better than any trade or purchase offer he had for his truck.
Ok good to know. First time I heard of them was when you mentioned them, lol. I will give them a shot if I go that route. (y)

Derek916

Reaction score
Was it me? LOL. Currently waiting for Driveway to pick up my truck as I type this. Can’t wait to be a car free agent again! Well, I guess it couldn’t have been me. They’re $5K better on my truck.

RedFred

Reaction score
I just got a quote from Driveway.com. Much lower than what the dealership was offering me for trade in. In their defense, my truck has a lot of miles on it (162k) and has been in a slight fender bender that shows up on Carfax.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was it me? LOL. Currently waiting for Driveway to pick up my truck as I type this. Can’t wait to be a car free agent again! Well, I guess it couldn’t have been me. They’re $5K better on my truck.

No, I think the guy was selling a Subaru. There was another guy that said he used them for his truck too, but he closed that deal in May.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got a quote from Driveway.com. Much lower than what the dealership was offering me for trade in. In their defense, my truck has a lot of miles on it (162k) and has been in a slight fender bender that shows up on Carfax.

Well, It was worth a shot. Will the dealer buy your car outright? Not many dealers in New Jersey that are discounting and none that are discounting anywhere in the neighborhood of Mark Dodge. May still make sense to sell it to the NJ dealer and buy from MD

RedFred

Reaction score
Well, It was worth a shot. Will the dealer buy your car outright? Not many dealers in New Jersey that are discounting and none that are discounting anywhere in the neighborhood of Mark Dodge. May still make sense to sell it to the NJ dealer and buy from MD

I didn't ask the dealership if they would buy it outright. It was most likely conditional on the deal we were negotiating on the new truck purchase. If they were buying it outright, they probably would have offered less, imo.

Derek916

Reaction score
I didn't ask the dealership if they would buy it outright. It was most likely conditional on the deal we were negotiating on the new truck purchase. If they were buying it outright, they probably would have offered less, imo.
with the recent shipping try Grainger ram. They’re slightly more expensive (1% more) than MD but I’m pretty sure Iowa is a lot closer than Louisiana to nj. They’re on this forum as well.

Users who are viewing this thread