5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
2022 Ram 1500 Limited (5.7, Level 1 Group, Night Package, 3.92, 33 gal tank, brake controller).
Laura Ram in Sullivan, MO
MSRP: $77,305
Discounts and Rebates: $9,154
Dealer Fee: $510
Delivery: $740
Out the door before taxes: $69,401

Attachments

• truck 2.jpg
    truck 2.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 52
  • truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 53

Rammmer

Reaction score
Anyone have any more info on those coupon books RAM was mailing to people?

rbundy84

Reaction score
2022 Ram 1500 Limited (5.7, Level 1 Group, Night Package, 3.92, 33 gal tank, brake controller).
Laura Ram in Sullivan, MO
MSRP: $77,305
Discounts and Rebates: $9,154
Dealer Fee: $510
Delivery: $740
Out the door before taxes: $69,401
My neck of the woods (STL) - congrats!

yhahn00

Reaction score
Wow. I am so surprised to see that y'all are getting discounts. My dealer here in Dallas is telling me that they cannot give any additional discounts from MSRP besides the national discounts on a black night edition truck that is in transit. I guess I need to push them?
Question-- they are telling me that there is an additional charge of ~$2795 for the etorque engine-- is this accurate??

Runagun

Reaction score
Wow. I am so surprised to see that y'all are getting discounts. My dealer here in Dallas is telling me that they cannot give any additional discounts from MSRP besides the national discounts on a black night edition truck that is in transit. I guess I need to push them?
Question-- they are telling me that there is an additional charge of ~$2795 for the etorque engine-- is this accurate??
You got so much catching up to do. Read here and the mark dodge thread.

Rammmer

Reaction score
There shouldn't be an additional charge for Limited. For Big Horn and Laramie yeah, a V6 is standard. What model are you trying to order?

I heard some dealers are adding the 2.8k engine cost to Limited builds which seems sketchy.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

yhahn00

Reaction score
There shouldn't be an additional charge for Limited. For Big Horn and Laramie yeah, a V6 is standard. What model are you trying to order?

I heard some dealers are adding the 2.8k engine cost to Limited builds which seems sketchy.

That's right-- mine is a limited. It is in transit and set to arrive this week. I asked about it and the dealer, whom I've never met, told me that it is an add on that Ram puts on there. I asked for the window sticker but he said he didn't have yet. Just found the window sticker on the Ram website and there is not listed an additional charge for this. So obviously they are trying to screw me.... So frustrating I'll tell ya.
Plus, he keeps telling me that there is no wiggle room on the MSRP price, which seems like BS as well from the few posts I have read here. Will go back and read more of these posts.
I'm so so glad I found this site.

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
This is correct, it's a change that occurred only in the last couple of weeks I believe. I ordered a Limited from Mark Dodge on 6/10 and when they were putting the order in it showed that the 5.7 E torque is the only Hemi that can be ordered and they are now charging $2795 ($2572 invoice) for it. I questioned this as the Hemi is the standard engine on the Limited. It seems a sly way for the manufacturer to increase the price of the truck. I saw a post the other day where someone saw a window sticker on a Limited on the lot and it showed the charge for the engine, where the older versions showed no such charge. I don't have any reason to believe Mark Dodge is pulling a scam. As for the other discounts and such, sounds like the same games the local dealers here in AZ were playing until I found out about Mark Dodge.

Mike7311

Reaction score
The website shows the longhorn has a Hemi charge, but not the limited, weird. That sucks, that’s a expensive mark up.

Rammmer

Reaction score
The website shows the longhorn has a Hemi charge, but not the limited, weird. That sucks, that’s a expensive mark up.
Jeez. I ordered mine right before the $1k base price hike and a $2.8k engine hike. Guess I'll count myself lucky on that.

Reaction score
This is correct, it's a change that occurred only in the last couple of weeks I believe. I ordered a Limited from Mark Dodge on 6/10 and when they were putting the order in it showed that the 5.7 E torque is the only Hemi that can be ordered and they are now charging $2795 ($2572 invoice) for it. I questioned this as the Hemi is the standard engine on the Limited. It seems a sly way for the manufacturer to increase the price of the truck. I saw a post the other day where someone saw a window sticker on a Limited on the lot and it showed the charge for the engine, where the older versions showed no such charge. I don't have any reason to believe Mark Dodge is pulling a scam. As for the other discounts and such, sounds like the same games the local dealers here in AZ were playing until I found out about Mark Dodge.
I got this same quote from another dealer as well in June, when I had prior quotes showing $0 charge in late May. No reason to believe MD is anything but honest. FCA effectively increased the price of a Limited by $4k in the last 3 weeks. Insanity.

Dunga

Reaction score
Jeez. I ordered mine right before the $1k base price hike and a $2.8k engine hike. Guess I'll count myself lucky on that.

I got dinged with the $1,000 but the $2,800 is wild. What’s the No cost engine for limited then?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the 2023 pricing if this is what they're doing. It's going to get worse.
They keep raising prices and they’re eventually going to price people right out of the truck market. It’s beyond ridiculous already. My last two Laramie’s with same exact options went up about $5000 from 2013-2017. $1000-$1200 increase per model year was pretty typical back then.

My current BIghorn Back Country with much less options increased almost $12000 in MSRP since my last truck 5 years ago. Add in how many dealerships won’t budge off MSRP and it quickly stacks up. Limited’s are well over $80000 now fully optioned. That’s crazy. Wasn’t too long ago you could easily get into a well optioned Cummins for that price.😲

cheapdad00

Reaction score
I have been investigating ordering over the last few weeks and was told that you can no longer order the 3.6L for 2022 (I was asking about Big Horn and Laramie trims), you have to select one of the 5.7L options or the 3.0 ecodiesel. Debating whether to select the 5.7L etorque or wait for 2023. Also frustrated with no tan/brown interior option in the Laramie trims for 2022.

Dunga

Reaction score
They keep raising prices and they’re eventually going to price people right out of the truck market. It’s beyond ridiculous already. My last two Laramie’s with same exact options went up about $5000 from 2013-2017. $1000-$1200 increase per model year was pretty typical back then.

My current BIghorn Back Country with much less options increased almost $12000 in MSRP since my last truck 5 years ago. Add in how many dealerships won’t budge off MSRP and it quickly stacks up. Limited’s are well over $80000 now fully optioned. That’s crazy. Wasn’t too long ago you could easily get into a well optioned Cummins for that price.😲
Yup my Limited stickered at $80k. Thank goodness for this forum and finding MD. My chest hurts when I see reviews for the ‘22 from earlier in the model year production and how much price has climbed in just 12 months.

Users who are viewing this thread