5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Rammmer

Reaction score
I wonder if the sticker price will reflect the newer pricing. Is that typically how it works? If so my truck with be about $4k more than when I ordered it 3 weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Derek916

Reaction score
Yup my Limited stickered at $80k. Thank goodness for this forum and finding MD. My chest hurts when I see reviews for the ‘22 from earlier in the model year production and how much price has climbed in just 12 months.
I've been shopping vehicles again and visiting my old stomping grounds. I was surprised to find Toyota hasn't had nearly as many price increases as Stellantis, maybe it's because toyotas don't have any features. Tacoma in 2020 was 39K for off road, it's now 40.5K. Whereas my Laramie has increased by 3K since November

Derek916

Reaction score
I wonder if the sticker price will reflect the newer pricing. Is that typically how it works? If so my truck with be about $4k more than when I ordered it 3 weeks ago.

If you order through MD you are locked at your order price, your window sticker will show a higher price than what you paid. At least in my state that actually works against me because I think they value my car registration at MSRP.

Rammmer

Reaction score
If you order through MD you are locked at your order price, your window sticker will show a higher price than what you paid. At least in my state that actually works against me because I think they value my car registration at MSRP.
Ahh. Gotcha. Same here with registration by value. Although I think I can write it off on federal taxes. Maybe a minor benefit for resale value and depreciation I'm hoping.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Have July rebates been historically better than June? I’m working on a couple of Big Horns locally hoping one will meet my number as we close out the month and Q2…or if I should wait and hope for better incentives in July

klammer

Reaction score
I ordered a Laramie Sport at the end of April, 2022. Dealer forgot to include the anti spin that I wanted. Said he could add it or would put in a new order if he couldn't add it. At this point (3 days after I placed the order) I asked if I could switch from flame red to silver. He said he would try. After pushing him for a month for the break down of my changed order price, I received the POC from him and see that the order was placed a month later. The price went up $1,339 over the flame red that was ordered at the end of April. The increase is the total it went up after the $495 for the anti spin and $200 for the silver that I had already accepted. They also never canceled the red truck stating he needed all the vehicles he could get.

Derek916

Reaction score
I ordered a Laramie Sport at the end of April, 2022. Dealer forgot to include the anti spin that I wanted. Said he could add it or would put in a new order if he couldn't add it. At this point (3 days after I placed the order) I asked if I could switch from flame red to silver. He said he would try. After pushing him for a month for the break down of my changed order price, I received the POC from him and see that the order was placed a month later. The price went up $1,339 over the flame red that was ordered at the end of April. The increase is the total it went up after the $495 for the anti spin and $200 for the silver that I had already accepted. They also never canceled the red truck stating he needed all the vehicles he could get.
Vehicles aren’t editable once the order is accepted by FCA. There was a price increase in June so that would explain the increased price on your new vehicle.

Derek916

Reaction score
Have July rebates been historically better than June? I’m working on a couple of Big Horns locally hoping one will meet my number as we close out the month and Q2…or if I should wait and hope for better incentives in July
Ram posted some "July 4th" incentives on their website, which I think is mostly no payments for 90 days.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ram posted some "July 4th" incentives on their website, which I think is mostly no payments for 90 days.
Never understood that one. That’s a bogus incentive that costs them nothing because you gotta pay those 3 months with interest later anyway.

klammer

Reaction score
Vehicles aren’t editable once the order is accepted by FCA. There was a price increase in June so that would explain the increased price on your new vehicle.
My order date on the second vehicle was 05/21/22, the date the POC was printed was 06/07/22 and forwarded to me. The original red truck was ordered Thursday, 04/27/22 and and realized the mistake with omission of the anti spin on Friday 04/29/22. They waited almost a month to place the corrected order for some reason.

Derek916

Reaction score
My order date on the second vehicle was 05/21/22, the date the POC was printed was 06/07/22 and forwarded to me. The original red truck was ordered Thursday, 04/27/22 and and realized the mistake with omission of the anti spin on Friday 04/29/22. They waited almost a month to place the corrected order for some reason.
Yeah that’s unfortunate. Perhaps they were trying to change the order but didn’t know they couldn’t. I went through MD who is very experienced with the ordering process. Maybe raise a stink and point out that if it had been replaced when instructed you wouldn’t have had the increase or perhaps ask for some free accessories. Sounds like there’s about $700 of value here.

Kenny4

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 2wd. Thought I might trade for a 2022 4wd. Found one here in Ca. with exact options and color. The new one is $50K msrp and they offered 36K for my 2021. But the taxes were based on the 50K ignoring the trade in amount. My area is 8.75%. At 50K that's $4375 vs other states who do deduct the trade in, which is over $3000 difference. My question is, if I buy out of state will I have to still pay the tax on the 50K because I live in Ca. Do you have to live in the state that offers no trade in tax to get that applied. If so, for me it's a deal breaker for sure. Thanks

Derek916

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 2wd. Thought I might trade for a 2022 4wd. Found one here in Ca. with exact options and color. The new one is $50K msrp and they offered 36K for my 2021. But the taxes were based on the 50K ignoring the trade in amount. My area is 8.75%. At 50K that's $4375 vs other states who do deduct the trade in, which is over $3000 difference. My question is, if I buy out of state will I have to still pay the tax on the 50K because I live in Ca. Do you have to live in the state that offers no trade in tax to get that applied. If so, for me it's a deal breaker for sure. Thanks
You live in Sacramento? Lol. Only place I know that’s 8.75, might be 9.75 by next year. California doesn’t off set your taxes when trading.

Dunga

Reaction score
You live in Sacramento? Lol. Only place I know that’s 8.75, might be 9.75 by next year. California doesn’t off set your taxes when trading.

Yikes. That is a ton of money and I thought we had it bad in Minnesota. I traded in mine and my wife’s daily for a new AMG and paid 0 tax on a 6 figure car. I believe we’re at 7% sales tax but they do allow trades. I’m jealous of states with no sales tax. At least clothes are tax free here.

Derek916

Reaction score
Also interesting to note I got a quote from Mark Dodge earlier this month and then another from that Dolan Dodge in Reno, Nevada. Dolan Dodge showed a $2700 charge for the eTorque on Limited. Not sure if it was an actual change by FCA or what, but they were saying the base limited comes standard with the v6 now.. MD's build did not show the charge.

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
Also interesting to note I got a quote from Mark Dodge earlier this month and then another from that Dolan Dodge in Reno, Nevada. Dolan Dodge showed a $2700 charge for the eTorque on Limited. Not sure if it was an actual change by FCA or what, but they were saying the base limited comes standard with the v6 now.. MD's build did not show the charge.
The 5.7 is the base engine on Limited, the E torque is the only version they can order now, and yes, they are charging for it, even though it's standard. I placed my order on June 10th and the salesman at MD said he could not put the order through with a non E torque 5.7, and it was adding a charge for the engine. 2795 msrp, I think around 2500 invoice price.

Reaction score
The 5.7 is the base engine on Limited, the E torque is the only version they can order now, and yes, they are charging for it, even though it's standard. I placed my order on June 10th and the salesman at MD said he could not put the order through with a non E torque 5.7, and it was adding a charge for the engine. 2795 msrp, I think around 2500 invoice price.
That charge was apparently an error on FCA's end.

Users who are viewing this thread