5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Phippy

Reaction score
Stupid question, can you stack multiple $1000 bonus cash offers if I take owner ship before each expire? Thanks

Forget it, just read the fine print. Doh!

Last edited:

Redfour5

Reaction score
I think it's so hard to know the answer to that question. I mean, just from the basic economics view without taking the affects of the pandemic into consideration, pricing is a powerful tool in curbing demand. As long as people are willing to spend Sticker + and available inventory remains low, there's not really a lot of incentive for auto manufacturers to not increase prices. With such a huge demand for vehicles right now, I don't see things changing too much for the next couple of years. Granted, there are a lot more opportunities to make some kind of a deal than there were say 6 months ago. But those negotiated prices still seem much higher than they would have been a year ago.
I think you and another poster kind of answered my question. You are both accurate in your statements, but I was just wondering if we were seeing the upward PRESSURE on pricing "breaking." I'm thinking we are but like you note, it's still a sellers market... I've seen it in RV's. I bought my travel trailer in late Feb last year at 23,600. I've watched the very same unit go up to as high as 45K in some places over the last year. But, as of January, the prices have fallen more into the 32K to 34K range as a general rule on the main website that shows pricing... So, something is "giving" in these hyper markets I'm thinking. Like with my trailer, not as bad as its been, but still elevated well above what I paid new.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think you and another poster kind of answered my question. You are both accurate in your statements, but I was just wondering if we were seeing the upward PRESSURE on pricing "breaking." I'm thinking we are but like you note, it's still a sellers market... I've seen it in RV's. I bought my travel trailer in late Feb last year at 23,600. I've watched the very same unit go up to as high as 45K in some places over the last year. But, as of January, the prices have fallen more into the 32K to 34K range as a general rule on the main website that shows pricing... So, something is "giving" in these hyper markets I'm thinking. Like with my trailer, not as bad as its been, but still elevated well above what I paid new.
Like with vehicles, there are still some good dealers in the RV market. We bought our camper from a dealer that I would consider the Mark Dodge of the RV world.

Not really related to your original question, but an observation since RVs were brought up.

Redfour5

Reaction score
Like with vehicles, there are still some good dealers in the RV market. We bought our camper from a dealer that I would consider the Mark Dodge of the RV world.

Not really related to your original question, but an observation since RVs were brought up.
Did you get your "recall" on your tow group that has no solution as of yet? Mine works and I'm afraid if I bring it up, they will shut it off or something.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you get your "recall" on your tow group that has no solution as of yet? Mine works and I'm afraid if I bring it up, they will shut it off or something.
Which recall is this? I didn't get anything about a recall.

Redfour5

Reaction score
Which recall is this? I didn't get anything about a recall.
This one https://www.chrysler.com/universal/webselfservice/pdf/Y80.pdf

(WAIT! Since I got the recall, they apparently now have a fix as mine said they were working on a fix and I would be informed. This looks like the new one and they have a software fix.)

You can go here and see what recalls if any affect your vehicle by VIN #. https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/results.html?vin=1C6SRFFT1MN597064

Anyone even before buying can ck. Some of those sitting on lots, in particular, can already have recalls... If you know your VIN, can't hurt to check.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Anyone else seeing President Sale Discounts?
They seem to vary, but also saw a Ram commercial showing Big Horn discounts up to $3500.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone else seeing President Sale Discounts?
They seem to vary, but also saw a Ram commercial showing Big Horn discounts up to $3500.
The Big Horn has the biggest discounts. Everything else is $1,000 national rebate. There were some $1,000 coupons floating around on the Ram website too but I think those are done.

mtnbikej

Reaction score
I know there has been a lot of talk in the "Start of Production 2022" thread about price increases.

This was my experience.....

I placed my order in December with a POC of $66280. A week later Ram raised the base price. Several weeks later Ram raised the base price as well as the price for one of my Equipment packages. I questioned the dealer, was told "nothing we can do about it".

Eventually brought the price up to $68375. Truck shows up at dealer with window sticker of $68375. Dealer uses this price for all the sales tactics.

Dealer screws me with ADM and Add-ons.....but that is not what is important here. It appears as though they were invoiced for my truck at the $66280 price.

What am I getting at? I know we are all being told that price increases are on us and there is nothing the dealer can do. However, I suggest not taking that answer. Make them prove to you that they were invoiced at the current Sticker Price....you may just find that the dealer is trying to pocket that extra cash.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know there has been a lot of talk in the "Start of Production 2022" thread about price increases.

This was my experience.....

I placed my order in December with a POC of $66280. A week later Ram raised the base price. Several weeks later Ram raised the base price as well as the price for one of my Equipment packages. I questioned the dealer, was told "nothing we can do about it".

Eventually brought the price up to $68375. Truck shows up at dealer with window sticker of $68375. Dealer uses this price for all the sales tactics.

Dealer screws me with ADM and Add-ons.....but that is not what is important here. It appears as though they were invoiced for my truck at the $66280 price.

What am I getting at? I know we are all being told that price increases are on us and there is nothing the dealer can do. However, I suggest not taking that answer. Make them prove to you that they were invoiced at the current Sticker Price....you may just find that the dealer is trying to pocket that extra cash.
And a few in this thread really wondered why those of us who bought from Mark Dodge continue to recommend them to anyone we can...

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could I have done better? It was my first time. Called 4 different dealerships over the phone and went back and forth for a few days. Just ordered a Ram Limited that I built to order using the Ram Configurator. The link below takes you to the build configurator

On the website, it's built out at 79,085. The dealer that I ultimately went with- their first price was 78,590. Got them down to 72,004.00. The other 3 dealers were 72,577, 73,480, and 74,275. Then, on top of that, there were 2,500 worth of Ram incentives which brought it down to 69504. Price locked. Out the Door with Taxes, Title, Registration, License, Processing Fees brought it to a grand total of 74,704.18. They say I'm able to add more incentives if they're better when the truck gets here.
What is invoice on your build?

nickmv

Reaction score
Could I have done better? It was my first time. Called 4 different dealerships over the phone and went back and forth for a few days. Just ordered a Ram Limited that I built to order using the Ram Configurator. The link below takes you to the build configurator

On the website, it's built out at 79,085. The dealer that I ultimately went with- their first price was 78,590. Got them down to 72,004.00. The other 3 dealers were 72,577, 73,480, and 74,275. Then, on top of that, there were 2,500 worth of Ram incentives which brought it down to 69504. Price locked. Out the Door with Taxes, Title, Registration, License, Processing Fees brought it to a grand total of 74,704.18. They say I'm able to add more incentives if they're better when the truck gets here.
What do you mean price locked? Price isn't locked until you take delivery. The dealer loses nothing if they tack on a markup when you come to pick it up. You walk away with your 1000 dollar deposit refunded and they now have a new truck to sell for markup. Unless you've got a signed agreement that they're gonna sell it to you......

Also, out of curiosity, given the current market, how'd you manage to talk them down 6 grand? Just due to the high 70s price in the first place? Given how quick the trucks move and the low volume at the moment, seems like they'd have very little incentive to discount.

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
What do you mean price locked? Price isn't locked until you take delivery. The dealer loses nothing if they tack on a markup when you come to pick it up. You walk away with your 1000 dollar deposit refunded and they now have a new truck to sell for markup. Unless you've got a signed agreement that they're gonna sell it to you......

Also, out of curiosity, given the current market, how'd you manage to talk them down 6 grand? Just due to the high 70s price in the first place? Given how quick the trucks move and the low volume at the moment, seems like they'd have very little incentive to discount.
My understanding is that dealers can price protect ordered vehicles in the Ram Dealer Connect system. I checked with my dealer yesterday and they confirmed in writing that they price protected my vehicle. There are numerous posts on this forum explaining the specifics of how dealers can do this.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that's not correct.

Call Mark Dodge. You won't have to talk them down. They'll just give you that pricing up front.

nickmv

Reaction score

Call Mark Dodge. You won't have to talk them down. They'll just give you that pricing up front.
Been reading plenty of horror stories across various makes and models and dealerships over past several months where basically a dealer takes advantage of a customer ordering a vehicle then raises the price. In the end, they refund the customer their deposit and then they have a vehicle they otherwise would've had to order through regular channels instead of customer-initiated requests.

Again, I mentioned that maybe you have a slip of paper with an agreement to sell you that vehicle. Or maybe RAM works differently.

Thanks! I saw a dedicated thread. What's the deal with this dealership? Are they so good with CS and pricing that folks are flying in to get vehicles?

nickmv

Reaction score
My understanding is that dealers can price protect ordered vehicles in the Ram Dealer Connect system. I checked with my dealer yesterday and they confirmed in writing that they price protected my vehicle. There are numerous posts on this forum explaining the specifics of how dealers can do this.
Interesting, thanks for the info here. Yeah that's definitely unique. For example, I can tell you that both Honda and Toyota dealers are NOT doing this and I've read horror stories where dealers are using customers in order to boost their inventory, then they jack the price up when delivery happens and the customer walks away and some other unlucky SOB ends up paying 5k over MSRP.

Users who are viewing this thread