5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Nova90

Reaction score
It's called sharing information and it's what makes this site valuable. Feel free to pay more anywhere you want. The whole point of this thread is to find out about the best deals off MSRP. It just so happens that there are few dealers happy with selling volume and making a smaller profit on each unit vs. a majority of dealers sticking it to the consumer in today's market.

cobrakai77584

Reaction score
Just a heads up, Ram trucks is popping up $1000 offer codes again when you build a truck. You may need to open an incognito window to get them to appear as they only came up for me when I configured on a new device.

tomme12

Reaction score
So the trick with the code is to build the truck and scroll all the way to the bottom and the pop up then shows up. I clicked all over the place and that seemed to make it work. Gave me a code as well. My truck is due this month, maybe MD will let me stack it on?!

Phippy

Reaction score
So the trick with the code is to build the truck and scroll all the way to the bottom and the pop up then shows up. I clicked all over the place and that seemed to make it work. Gave me a code as well. My truck is due this month, maybe MD will let me stack it on?!
Its stackable with any other rebates/incentives your entitled to. Since MD is giving anyone that orders from them $15-20K off MSRP already they might feel differently. Hope they do for your sake.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Are these codes unique to each person?
If not, why doesn't the dealer have a list of them and use it to offer a better price?
Don't they get reimbursed anyway?

Ram_Roamer

Reaction score
Its stackable with any other rebates/incentives your entitled to. Since MD is giving anyone that orders from them $15-20K off MSRP already they might feel differently. Hope they do for your sake.
Rebates and incentives come from the OEM, so the dealer is not losing out anything by applying rebates for you. Sale price (without rebates) is what the dealer gets paid, sale price minus rebates is what you pay. I've mentioned this before, some dealers may hide and not disclose all available rebates to you and they will file them with your order and pocket the rebate themselves. I walked out a dealer at finance when I saw him handling additional rebate paperwork that weren't passed on.

There are other incentives and bonuses the dealer gets if they hit their goals and targets from the OEM.

Phippy

Reaction score
Are these codes unique to each person?
If not, why doesn't the dealer have a list of them and use it to offer a better price?
Don't they get reimbursed anyway?
Yes unique. Print out your email with certificate code present to dealer takes up to 48hrs to update in the system.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
What is the best time to obtain these codes and how long before they expire?
If you collect them now and don't be for 6 months to a 1 year or more will they still be good?

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rebates and incentives come from the OEM, so the dealer is not losing out anything by applying rebates for you. Sale price (without rebates) is what the dealer gets paid, sale price minus rebates is what you pay. I've mentioned this before, some dealers may hide and not disclose all available rebates to you and they will file them with your order and pocket the rebate themselves. I walked out a dealer at finance when I saw him handling additional rebate paperwork that weren't passed on.

There are other incentives and bonuses the dealer gets if they hit their goals and targets from the OEM.
And don't forget guys, you can always call Ram's Incentive Line and find out what rebates are available in your area ahead of time if you're worried about being screwed out of them.

Remember gang!
2016-03-07-1457387813-3802365-PHOTO2.jpeg

Ram_Roamer

Reaction score
What is the best time to obtain these codes and how long before they expire?
If you collect them now and don't be for 6 months to a 1 year or more will they still be good?
This one expired 4/5/2022. so you're at the mercy at when your order is delivered and what rebates are going on at that time. OR the rebates and incentives you locked in at the time of order.

cornelius967

Reaction score
2022 RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4 G/T
MSRP: $65,900
Dealer discount online: -$ 5,000 (that was the "online price" when I found it: truck arrived on the day that I e-mailed them)
National Incentive: -$ 1,500
Private Loyalty rebate: -$ 1,750
Total: $57,650 (financed with 0.0% Chrysler Capital Credit for 48 months)

Last edited:

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I PM'd you. I don't know the rules for giving out specific dealer info on this forum and I don't want to make a rookie faux pas. If it's OK to share specific details of a deal I'll happily share my experience.

That's what this thread (and other threads on the forum) is all about. If you look back through this thread a little you'll see plenty of details being shared.

Likewise we encourage people to list the bad dealers as well, whatever we can do to save people money and unnecessary frustration.

cornelius967

Reaction score
Here is the screen shot of the online posting for the '22 RAM G/T that I bought 10 days ago:
Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 11.10.15 AM.png
It took me two weeks of searching Autotrader.com, Cars.com, and individual dealer websites to find this vehicle. This was not an easy process. You've got to put some time in searching and on occasion a good deal presents itself. It took me almost six weeks to find my '21 Bighorn ORP at a small dealer in Connecticut.

I initially contacted them via e-mail and used e-mail for most of our communications. My "Salesperson" was Sani (pronounced Sonny), but I worked mostly with Brittany via e-mail. It was a very smooth transaction with friendly, easy to work with people. Let them know Cornelius sent you. :)

They got 3 G/Ts in at the same time and all had the Van Horn Discount at -$5,000 off MSRP. I did notice that after I contacted them that they changed the price (discount went from $5,091 to $1,000). But they should be willing to work with you on a good deal.

Last edited:

cornelius967

Reaction score
Here is another tip. I went online to ramtrucks.com and "built" the truck I wanted. In one of those sections I clicked on the "Start the Buying Process" buttons and filled out whatever info they asked for. I also used ramtrucks.com to "value my trade" and to get pre-approval for credit. It took me a couple weeks of searching to find the truck that I wanted and in that time, RAM sent me a "Private Rebate" of $1,750 to help nudge me along towards buying. The F&I guy at the dealer told me that it was a "Loyalty Rebate" because they saw that I was trading in a RAM on a new RAM. But you've got to get their attention to let them know that is happening by filling out those "Start the Buying Process" forms. Good luck! Let Sani know that you heard about them from "Cornelius" (He'll remember me!)

Rustyrubber

Reaction score
I know this forum is specific to the ram brand and it helped me get a screaming deal on my 1500 limited last year. My wife drives a Yukon xl and unfortunately is in the market for an new one, anyone know if there’s a similar forum anywhere for gm products I can’t find one and everything I’ve heard is “good luck getting a deal there”.

cornelius967

Reaction score
My wife drives a Yukon xl and unfortunately is in the market for an new one, anyone know if there’s a similar forum anywhere for gm products I can’t find one and everything I’ve heard is “good luck getting a deal there”.
Call Van Horn Auto Group. They have a lot of different brands. Call Sani (pronounced Sonny) and see if he can hook you up with a good deal. Sani: (920) 684-5588. They are "Employee Owned" which I thought was pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread