5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

egnarp

Reaction score
It just means the "invoice" price vs. the "MSRP" or window sticker price. You can virtually build your truck here (NADA Guides - LINK) and see the invoice price vs. the MSRP. Once you calculate your affiliate price (1% under invoice + $75 fee), you could subtract the rebates you qualify for but then you'll have to add tax, tag, title and doc fee. Mark Dodge charges $219 fee whereas some other dealers will charge $899 for the doc fee.
Mark down another happy customer working with Aaron at MarkDodge. I purchased a Laramie Southwest Edition at approximately $9K below MSRP. They didn't have the color I wanted, so Aaron traded trucks with another dealer to get one in Maximum Steel for me. I flew down from Iowa to pick it up, and it's kinda nice having a trim level no one else has up here in the north.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mark down another happy customer working with Aaron at MarkDodge. I purchased a Laramie Southwest Edition at approximately $9K below MSRP. They didn't have the color I wanted, so Aaron traded trucks with another dealer to get one in Maximum Steel for me. I flew down from Iowa to pick it up, and it's kinda nice having a trim level no one else has up here in the north.
Congrats. SW Edition is a great value.

rbundy84

Reaction score
That’s awesome - congrats! I love the Max Steel color

NJT3

Reaction score
Stay away from Security Dodge in NY

"
We are selling our Rams at MSRP.
This truck is still available "

"Ok I understand. We aren't willing to sell this truck with the FCA number because of the inventory shortage I'm sorry"

I haven't seen any inventory shortage for sure just the chip shortage on mid trims having to use the alternative package
Love the bs

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score

"

"Ok I understand. We aren't willing to sell this truck with the FCA number because of the inventory shortage I'm sorry"

I haven't seen any inventory shortage for sure just the chip shortage on mid trims having to use the alternative package
Love the bs
Haha of course it's still available, because no one is going to pay MSRP!!!

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

"

Love the bs
That’s odd; I am under the impression that the dealer would get reimbursed for affiliate pricing, so they’d have essentially nothing to lose for selling at 1% below invoice, other than the time spent in paperwork. But I suppose if you have more demand than supply, you can say no to that, as well.

But it still seems odd, since as we know from here that better deals are available, even with the shortage. Granted, the average person doesn’t know the tips in this thread (I certainly didn’t know until recently), but unless I really, really needed a work truck immediately, I wouldn’t be willing to pay MSRP.

Best of luck to that dealer, I guess.

rbundy84

Reaction score
I’m guessing the Memorial Day sales won’t add up to much this year....I don’t expect incentives/rebates to be substantial like in years past

Chuck19

Reaction score

"

Love the bs
Post a contact email. Then we all can email them inquiring if they will match Aaron or Phillips quote lol! Then they will realize all the business they are losing trying to sell at MSRP. Lets blow up there in box 😂

Runagun

Reaction score
Post a contact email. Then we all can email them inquiring if they will match Aaron or Phillips quote lol! Then they will realize all the business they are losing trying to sell at MSRP. Lets blow up there in box 😂
Sadly, There's going to still be a good amount of people that are going to pay what they're asking.

Bad Notch

Reaction score
Local small Ram dealer.

21 Limited 4x4 Ecodiesel black night edition

MSRP $73,170.00

Discounted Price $66080.21

Rebates $2750.00

Cash Price 63,330.20 + tax

Total discount - $9839.80 or 13.4% off MSRP.

Not the best deal but I ended up befriending the owner of the dealer he said he has had people scouting the dealer in the morning and buying cars and trucks right off the carrier. He is not a high volume dealer but this truck is exactly the way I would have ordered it and it was just delivered. He was saying the chip and material shortage will be felt for years to come. I was honestly happy to get the discount I did considering when I bought my last Cummins I was at 18% of MSRP.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Local small Ram dealer.

MSRP $73,170.00

Rebates $2750.00

Not the best deal but I ended up befriending the owner of the dealer he said he has had people scouting the dealer in the morning and buying cars and trucks right off the carrier. He is not a high volume dealer but this truck is exactly the way I would have ordered it and it was just delivered. He was saying the chip and material shortage will be felt for years to come. I was honestly happy to get the discount I did considering when I bought my last Cummins I was at 18% of MSRP.
If you are happy with it, that is all that matters!

Bad Notch

Reaction score
If you are happy with it, that is all that matters!

For sure. It was a catch22 honestly. I had a 2011 BMW X5 that I was able to sell for 15k privately due to the crazy economy which during normal times would be worth only about 8-9k. So if I took another 6k off the price of the Ram ( normal economy negotiation ) and subtract the same amount from the X5 sale, it would essentially be $9k sale for the X5 (which is more than fair) and $15839.80 off the MSRP for the Ram which would have been 21.5% off MSRP.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Working on a deal where the MSRP / Total Price on sticker is $53,365. Does $47,500 + tax, tags and title sound reasonable? Total out the door would be around $50,500. This price also assumes I use their 0% 72-month financing.

Thanks!

11% off is not considered a good deal.

Right...other than the air suspension, I left out anything you could also get on the Laramie. I wanted to list primarily the things that were absolutely unique about the Limited.

If he's doing 0% for 72 months, all he'd get were the dealer discounts and no rebates so 11% off is about right. He maybe able to push 13% but he's not going to see 15+% off you'd normally expect if he takes the 0% financing

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went to the local dealership today to check out some features to finalize my order. I decided on a Delmonico Red Laramie with no eTorque, Level A, blind spot/cross path, 8" w/ navigation, BUG, wheel well liners, trailer brake, rear compartment storage. No MFT or Advanced Safety Group or large screen.

Last week the salesman said he could and had recently ordered Laramies with blind spot/cross traffic. Today when he tried to build it while I was sitting with him, it was grayed out as an option. He said a lot of options were grayed out, including Advanced Safety Group, and almost all the extra options were grayed out on Longhorn.

So, my options are: 1) wait until blind spot is available again, 2) look at a fairly bare-bones Limited (I would only get trailer brake added and maybe BUG). 3) keep what I have for now.

I would rather not have the 12" screen, and he thinks it (Limited) can be ordered with the wheel-to-wheel running boards instead of the automatic ones. But 12" is standard on Limited. I'm OK with 26 gal tank and it comes standard with the no ET HEMI.

So not sure if I should just wait, or look seriously at a Limited. I would hate to get a Limited, which is a bit more truck than I want or need, get it in July or early August, and then the MY22 come out in September with Uconnect5. But I can get a killer trade on my current truck right now. Decisions...

gmallare

Reaction score
Local small Ram dealer.

MSRP $73,170.00

Rebates $2750.00

That was close to the deal I got for my Limited, but it was with 0% Financing 72 mo.

Smaller dealership also.

ben b

Reaction score
For sure. It was a catch22 honestly. I had a 2011 BMW X5 that I was able to sell for 15k privately due to the crazy economy which during normal times would be worth only about 8-9k. So if I took another 6k off the price of the Ram ( normal economy negotiation ) and subtract the same amount from the X5 sale, it would essentially be $9k sale for the X5 (which is more than fair) and $15839.80 off the MSRP for the Ram which would have been 21.5% off MSRP.
I am very impressed -- this kind of reasoning leads to much happiness in life. You got a good deal, your dealer got a good deal, and the person who bought your BMW got at least a fair deal. Great attitude!

MikeStaten

Reaction score
If he's doing 0% for 72 months, all he'd get were the dealer discounts and no rebates so 11% off is about right. He maybe able to push 13% but he's not going to see 15+% off you'd normally expect if he takes the 0% financing

Looks like I will be going with a truck with an MSRP of $53,610 and a final deal of $47,159 + tax, tags etc.. with 72 month 0% financing. I think that is a fair deal for both sides, especially in the current environment.

rbundy84

Reaction score
I went to the local dealership today to check out some features to finalize my order. I decided on a Delmonico Red Laramie with no eTorque, Level A, blind spot/cross path, 8" w/ navigation, BUG, wheel well liners, trailer brake, rear compartment storage. No MFT or Advanced Safety Group or large screen.

Last week the salesman said he could and had recently ordered Laramies with blind spot/cross traffic. Today when he tried to build it while I was sitting with him, it was grayed out as an option. He said a lot of options were grayed out, including Advanced Safety Group, and almost all the extra options were grayed out on Longhorn.

So, my options are: 1) wait until blind spot is available again, 2) look at a fairly bare-bones Limited (I would only get trailer brake added and maybe BUG). 3) keep what I have for now.

I would rather not have the 12" screen, and he thinks it (Limited) can be ordered with the wheel-to-wheel running boards instead of the automatic ones. But 12" is standard on Limited. I'm OK with 26 gal tank and it comes standard with the no ET HEMI.

So not sure if I should just wait, or look seriously at a Limited. I would hate to get a Limited, which is a bit more truck than I want or need, get it in July or early August, and then the MY22 come out in September with Uconnect5. But I can get a killer trade on my current truck right now. Decisions...
I’m where you are at currently and I’m either going to wait until the ASG is available again for Laramies or incentives are better for Limiteds. In a nut shell, I expect to wait a while..

I can also get a killer deal on Carvana right now for my car (up $2,600 or over 25% from the beginning of the year!)

Last edited:

mtehonica

Reaction score
I did the 0% for 72mo and was at 18.5% off MSRP on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread