5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was able to use the PenFed and the 0% financing offer together.
So I became a PenFed member this morning and my order was just placed this week. I think it's very likely 60 days will pass before I take delivery of my new Ram. How do I apply for the PenFed rebate? I keep seeing a reference to $1k rebate for PenFed members but not so sure how to apply. Thanks!

rbundy84

Reaction score
Prices went down $1000 in my area today (STL area) - regional regional maybe?

laramie4x4

Reaction score
So I became a PenFed member this morning and my order was just placed this week. I think it's very likely 60 days will pass before I take delivery of my new Ram. How do I apply for the PenFed rebate? I keep seeing a reference to $1k rebate for PenFed members but not so sure how to apply. Thanks!
on the front page, go to Auto -> car buying services, scroll down to RAM, click on learn more, then it will say "sign in to get your offer code", which you can only access after 60 days

Drew87

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Funny you say that. I received a notification from cars.com that two of the rams I were looking at they dropped the price. I am in stl as well

NitroHunter

Reaction score
Ordered my new 1500 Limited Eco from Phillip Olson in Seattle. I’m getting the no-compromise, exactly-what-I-want truck at 15.1% off MSRP plus zero percent interest for 74 months. At my credit union’s current rate this equates to an additional $5450 savings.
I texted Phillip that If I could get the Silent Bob deal with 0% I was ready to buy, and he got straight to the bottom line. No games. I Sent a check for $1,000. Doc fee $150, paper tags $15. He will have the paperwork in order for me to pay TTL when I get home to California.
Got my VIN Wednesday and Phillip asked if I had my PenFed in order, so I’ve signed up for an account but also can’t find a rebate coupon, it can pay for the fly and drive.

Threeper88

Reaction score
Although I don’t exactly belong here as my recent order is a gen 4.5 Power Wagon, I felt compelled to chime in with my experience.

Thanks to this thread and the excellent info from Silent Bob I became aware of the two dealers with by far the best numbers on my 75th Anniversary PW build. Phillip Olson from Bud Clary and Aaron Ginsburgh from Mark Dodge were both back within a couple hours with their quotes. They were both responsive and easy to work with. Phillip had the best price by about $600. As a bonus, his lot is only about a 20 min drive from me. So I put in the order last weekend and he had a VIN with my truck in D1 status when I walked in today to put down the deposit with him. Apparently Bud Clary get’s excellent priority at the plant.

The whole process thus far has been about as easy as I could imagine. Phillip was great, down to earth and laid back. My build increased $200 from RAM between when he quoted me and a week later when I gave him the green light to order, which he offered to absorb on his end. He was also able to lock in my $1000 emailed bonus cash that expires 4/30, no problem. Top marks.

MSRP $70,110
Invoice $65,353
Sale Price $61,000
-$1000 bonus cash
$60,000 before TTL (14.43% off MSRP)

Not close to the awesome deals you guys are getting on your 1500’s as there is no rebates on these things. But for a limited build rig like I ordered I’m pretty happy with it. Thanks all.

Dansjeep2000

Reaction score
Can my dealer lock in the 72month/0% deal like a rebate on a factoryorder? Or is this not possible? I placed my order 3/4 so I'm guessing not, but figured it would be worth asking if anyone was able to do it.

WReckeR

Reaction score
We need to be honest about economic effects on gas prices.

1615814334487.png

During the last presidential campaign, gas prices collapsed and recovered as the U.S. tried to understand the economy it was going to have. The first 18 months of the last administration saw a period of RISING gas prices! Then the trade war and tariffs began with China, causing a period of economic decline, stuttering, stalling, and uncertainty. As we know, that never resolved. Then Covid-19 hit. 2020 was horrible year economically around the globe. Gas prices fell because demand fell, while there was refusal to adjust production down by Russia and Saudi Arabia, further exacerbating the supply glut to the point that storage was exhausted and tanker ships were unable to dock and unload for processing. Most of the last 6-9 months have been spent burning off that excess.

So, why the price run-up since December?
1. Offline refining in Texas / Oklahoma due to the February Snowmageddon.
2. Increasing demand due to post-vaccine optimism
3. Seasonal increasing demand coming out of winter
4. Increasing demand as the economy factors in the $1.9 trillion stimulus package

Without the trade war, Covid-19, and the OPEC-Plus oil glut, where would gas prices be? In the $2.50-$3.00 range. It's always been supply and demand. Keystone XL promised more delivery, but there's already existing infrastructure to deliver oil. Low oil prices aren't enough incentive to bring online shale oil processing; but when it does recover, that processing will come online and counterbalance rising prices.

If you want to believe that any 1 man anywhere in the world can simply walk into a room and cause prices to dramatically jump or fall, then you fail to grasp global economics. You've had all your life to study and understand how it all works, what the rising factors are, what the falling factors are.

Let's keep a level head out there.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can my dealer lock in the 72month/0% deal like a rebate on a factoryorder? Or is this not possible? I placed my order 3/4 so I'm guessing not, but figured it would be worth asking if anyone was able to do it.
So most dealerships told me they could not lock in any incentives and I'd have to go with what was available at time of delivery. Aaron from Mark Dodge, however, did allow me to lock in the 72 month 0% rate with a $500 rebate. He even said we'd compare incentives at time of delivery and go with what works best for me. I'm not sure why most dealership claim it's not possible but Mark Dodge is able to. Anyone know?

TravisJ

Reaction score
So most dealerships told me they could not lock in any incentives and I'd have to go with what was available at time of delivery. Aaron from Mark Dodge, however, did allow me to lock in the 72 month 0% rate with a $500 rebate. He even said we'd compare incentives at time of delivery and go with what works best for me. I'm not sure why most dealership claim it's not possible but Mark Dodge is able to. Anyone know?

Probably because most dealers simply don't know and are totally unaware. Maybe some are lazy and don't want to do it, but I think most are just convinced it isn't actually a thing because for years they have thought it was no longer possible.

Aaron at Mark Dodge was convinced he could not order a truck with the built to serve package until I questioned him on it, so even someone like him can be totally unaware of what he can do.

Seems like the communication and education given to dealers can be real lacking from up top at FCA.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I've talked to quite a few dealers that say they can't but the dealer I went with did lock in the incentives plus now the 0% for 72 months. Locked in on January incentives but if March was better then we went with that instead.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We need to be honest about economic effects on gas prices.

View attachment 85785

During the last presidential campaign, gas prices collapsed and recovered as the U.S. tried to understand the economy it was going to have. The first 18 months of the last administration saw a period of RISING gas prices! Then the trade war and tariffs began with China, causing a period of economic decline, stuttering, stalling, and uncertainty. As we know, that never resolved. Then Covid-19 hit. 2020 was horrible year economically around the globe. Gas prices fell because demand fell, while there was refusal to adjust production down by Russia and Saudi Arabia, further exacerbating the supply glut to the point that storage was exhausted and tanker ships were unable to dock and unload for processing. Most of the last 6-9 months have been spent burning off that excess.

So, why the price run-up since December?
1. Offline refining in Texas / Oklahoma due to the February Snowmageddon.
2. Increasing demand due to post-vaccine optimism
3. Seasonal increasing demand coming out of winter
4. Increasing demand as the economy factors in the $1.9 trillion stimulus package

Without the trade war, Covid-19, and the OPEC-Plus oil glut, where would gas prices be? In the $2.50-$3.00 range. It's always been supply and demand. Keystone XL promised more delivery, but there's already existing infrastructure to deliver oil. Low oil prices aren't enough incentive to bring online shale oil processing; but when it does recover, that processing will come online and counterbalance rising prices.

If you want to believe that any 1 man anywhere in the world can simply walk into a room and cause prices to dramatically jump or fall, then you fail to grasp global economics. You've had all your life to study and understand how it all works, what the rising factors are, what the falling factors are.

Let's keep a level head out there.

In my defense, I'm only 34 and didn't go to college and MTV educated me on how life worked so... :p

(thank you for sharing)

Silent Bob

Reaction score

1. Many salesmen do not know about it.
2. They have to learn something new. This can take time and be frustrating.
3. Even after they learn, it is extra work.

I find that when I thoroughly research something I often know many things about it that salesmen do not.

Here is the information to educate your dealer.

Lock in Incentives & Rebates on Factory Orders

We have confirmation that you can definitely lock in current factory incentives, including Chrysler Capital special financing, on factory orders. LINK

WReckeR

Reaction score
1. Many salesmen do not know about it.
2. They have to learn something new. This can take time and be frustrating.
3. Even after they learn, it is extra work.

I find that when I thoroughly research something I often know many things about it that salesmen do not.

Here is the information to educate your dealer.

Lock in Incentives & Rebates on Factory Orders

We have confirmation that you can definitely lock in current factory incentives, including Chrysler Capital special financing, on factory orders. LINK
There's a great scene in Parks and Recreation, in which a Lowes staff member approaches Ron Swanson in some aisle. Ron's a master carpenter and all around man's man. The guy barely opens his mouth and Ron says, "I know more than you." The guy walks off.

Boone Down South

Reaction score
Ok so I wanted the Rebel and I wanted the technology package. Based on current rebates I was going to wait until May and check back on the rebates kind of thing, but after doing some online searching I found the Rebel I wanted - with the color I wanted - Hydro Blue two tone with the black at the bottom. The truck I was building was coming out at an MSRP of 61k, but it looks like at some point last week you can no longer order the technology package on the rebel I guess due to this chip shortage. So the one I found had more stuff than I was going to order and had an MSRP of $66,845. Ourisman Dodge in Baltimore, MD had a crazy low advertised prize which I knew I would not get but that was the only truck that fit what I wanted within 500 miles. Anyway Saturday morning I messaged them and started talking to them. I am in SC so that is an 8 hour and 15 min drive for me with no stops. I talked about my trade which was a 2008 Ram 1500 with 265k miles on it and a dented rear bumper from backing in to a set of disc harrows one time. I told them to work me up a price. In 15 mins they came back and told me that my out the door price with the trade was 48,700 and that included 8k for my trade-in.

Ok so I know that trade in value was way high and I was fully expecting if I did the deal and drove up there it was going to get lowered once they did a final appraisal on it. It was like 11am Saturday at this point and they close at 7pm. Anyway, they wanted to know if I wanted to make the drive right then and I was like look the drive is gonna get me there after you close plus I need two stops - 1 for food and 1 for gas so I won't get there before 8pm. They confirmed they would wait and hold the truck for me so me and my wife flew out the door and hit the road.

Driving through the DC area was horrible but finally made it in to Baltimore at 8:10pm. Sit down at the desk, they take my keys to check out my trade in, I get my insurance on the phone to add the new vehicle and then they come back and the lady that I have been talking with all along looks a little flustered. At this point the entire dealership knows I just drove over 8 hours to get here as well. So she tells us she apparently mis-heard me when I said 265k miles and she wrote down 65k miles which is why they came back with an 8k trade in. Well I told her well thats fine, I already told my wife that we were not going to get anywhere near 8k on this trade once we got here to expect that. Then they come back with a trade in value of 2k. At that point I was ticked man. Look I do think the lady made an honest mistake and wrote down the wrong number and probably her or the GM who came up with the 8k trade in value maybe should have been a little surprised at how low those miles sounded for a vehicle that was 13 years old man. Perhaps they should have asked for a picture. Anyway it was a shock to me because I knew it was going to go down, but I figured I would get at least 4k for it.

I told them I just drove 8 hours to get here and this puts a bad feeling in my stomach. I know I can sell that truck all day long for 5k easy and here I drive all the way up there in good faith and you tell me 2k on the trade. I said you gotta do better on your dealer discount or something man. The GM would not budge and told me look I got no more skin in the game, since you are from SC I will never see you again then he pulled out the invoice and gave me the old we are selling it at a loss story and he just can't go any lower. So I hemmed and hawed for awhile and everyone was getting aggravated because they closed at 7pm and now its about 9:30 and I still haven't said yes I will take it.

When it comes down to it, they were 2k off of what I would have been content with and they were not budging or willing to make any more concessions even after I drove that far up there. I finally held my nose and did the deal. The truck was exactly what I wanted and then some and I really didn't want to drive 2 trucks home. Also, it was probably the only truck within 500 miles that matched everything I wanted in my truck down to the color scheme.

In the end this how the numbers came out:

MSRP: $66,845
Dealer Discount was $8,451
Dealer added processing fee $500
Additional Rebates: $3000

Price before trade in, tax, title registration was $55,894

IMG_6809.JPG

Horty222

Reaction score
Was your sales person a lady named Keiri? She's been really helpful so far but I have not yet pulled the trigger.

abrink41

Reaction score
Well I finally did it! Picked up my truck last week from Lakeland Ram - awesome experience!! I live in Charlotte, NC and it was worth it for me to buy from them! If you are looking, consider them!!

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
BDS, your example is why I didn't mind staying more local and paying more.
I got the truck she wanted (it was for her anyway, how many wives want 1500's) and "holding the nose" or whatever it's called is just fine when you (she) smiles every time you (she) is in it.
Low price is all fine but there's a saying about the price being forgotten long before the truck is...

Users who are viewing this thread