5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Jrmullins85

Reaction score
Craig at Koons told me that due to low inventory they were offering 6% off invoice on factory orders only. Looks like I'll be holding out for a bit.

Runagun

Reaction score
Craig at Koons told me that due to low inventory they were offering 6% off invoice on factory orders only. Looks like I'll be holding out for a bit
See what 2022 brings. It's like a perfect storm for trucks right now.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
my fault, didnt see that😬
Even though it's a few pages back, see post #12,484:
Runagun said:
If local price is $4-5k more would you still follow your recommendation?
Runagun, this is a running joke between him (sg) and I. He advocates (if I'm not putting words in his mouth) looking for the best price. I'm the one who balked at a long drive and shopped more local, spending a couple K more. I'm more of a "shop local, don't always go to WallyWorld or Amazon for everything, give the local sticks n bricks a chance" but I do admit that I overpaid. Hope that clears it up a bit.
Besides, sg has to save his dollars to buy mods. You have seen his signature, right? :unsure::LOL:

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If that gets here I will be in the market for a Tesla Truck or similiar. God help us

This is for another topic, but I am picking Eco Diesel for today’s savings but also because I feel like, politics aside, the feds have to keep diesel prices low to the insane amount of it we need for freight and couriers. If Diesel prices go through the roof, it’ll have a huge economic impact so I think Diesel is fairly safe for now..10 years from now? IDK>

Horty222

Reaction score
Thanks! I’m not a fan of Chrome, and while I really like the Night Edition, I am fine with the Sport Package. Just trying to identify the best time to jump
Im with you on this one. The Sport Package will suffice for a bit cheaper truck. I actually built one and I don't know if it's me or does that MSRP look good?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did. Bought my truck from Mark Dodge During that time. Took roughly 10days for someone to pick it up But did get delivered next day to Illinois.

Where in Illinois are you? Next time save your shipping money. There is a local guy (Jason) @ Hawk CDJR in Forest Park that does 6% below invoice on factory orders with no negotiation necessary

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is for another topic, but I am picking Eco Diesel for today’s savings but also because I feel like, politics aside, the feds have to keep diesel prices low to the insane amount of it we need for freight and couriers. If Diesel prices go through the roof, it’ll have a huge economic impact so I think Diesel is fairly safe for now..10 years from now? IDK>
Just look to our neighbor to the north. Many forum members are suffering with their fuel prices. I did for 5.5 years...

Runagun

Reaction score
Where in Illinois are you? Next time save your shipping money. There is a local guy (Jason) @ Hawk CDJR in Forest Park that does 6% below invoice on factory orders with no negotiation necessary
Marengo.... Good to know. I just took the limited that was on the lot. No one would match or come close to what mark was offering. Even with shipping money I paid cheaper then what the dealers are charging in "sale" prices

Chuck19

Reaction score
I’m not sure why you think diesel will be less effected. In 2012ish I had a diesel and was paying 3.50 to 4.00 per gal while gas was always about .50 cents cheaper. Not trying to be political here but when we stop production of oil in our country and decide to import it from another the price will be felt by everyone unfortunately. Also you are right everything else that has to be shipped that requires diesel to be used will feel the price increase as well. My buddy who works for a freight company has said the freight prices are already going up because fuel prices are rising. Plus a lot of truckers are retiring so less people to move the loads with no one replacing them.

Also some people have done the math to see how long it will take them to recoup the Diesel engine upgrade price and it takes many years to be Able to reap the benefits if diesel is even cheaper than gas.

Either way it’s not going to be good for any of us diesel or gas users.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not sure why you think diesel will be less effected. In 2012ish I had a diesel and was paying 3.50 to 4.00 per gal while gas was always about .50 cents cheaper. Not trying to be political here but when we stop production of oil in our country and decide to import it from another the price will be felt by everyone unfortunately. Also you are right everything else that has to be shipped that requires diesel to be used will feel the price increase as well. My buddy who works for a freight company has said the freight prices are already going up because fuel prices are rising. Plus a lot of truckers are retiring so less people to move the loads with no one replacing them.

Also some people have done the math to see how long it will take them to recoup the Diesel engine upgrade price and it takes many years to be Able to reap the benefits if diesel is even cheaper than gas.

Either way it’s not going to be good for any of us diesel or gas users.

It always ends up becoming political but for the record, I don’t think neither of us are (yet) :)

I pulled this chart up a few minutes ago - https://www.ttnews.com/historical-fuel-prices

You can do 1994-Present, Diesel Only. I see the trend you were taking about...to get political, It seems like fuel prices drop in a general election year, LOL. Seriously, it seems to always come when whoever is currently president really wants to get re-elected. Looks like 2008 was the exception but that was a different animal.

Overall, fuel demand is down, last year we were pumping more crude than we could store, I don’t think we’re going to get the massive growth to $5 and beyond any time soon but I’m not OPEC or a trillionare and you and I know we can’t change our politics, our driving habits or our way of life that will have any impact on fuel prices. pickup truck owners don’t impact the price of crude.

I think my only point was that the global economy is insanely dependent on diesel. There’s a lot on the line if that price shoots past $5 again. We’ll see!, no crystal ball here :)

mophead

Reaction score
I'm hoarding foam rubber and pulling all the boards outta all my old Dell's. I'll be a robber baron in the new economy. LOL!

All kidding aside, been hearing my cousin cuss about diesel prices for 15+ years for his 2500. He has it chipped and gets 20+mpg. I was avg 12 in my 2012 hemi 2500. I traded it in in 2014 when gas prices started to climb. Years ago, (like more than 20) diesel was way cheaper than gas. Since 2014 I can't recall diesel being cheaper than gas here in Maryland.

For what it's worth, I work for the state. Fleet made a big deal out of transitioning to cummins diesels somewhere around 2010. Dependability, fuel mileage and the durability for high mileage 24/7 operations vehicles was their selling point. About 2014 they swapped back to gas. The overall cost was their reason. Go figure.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score

As I agree Jason will do 6% under invoice his communication skills could use some work. Had to go back/forth with him on getting what I wanted built correctly and then basically ghosted me when I asked for all the numbers. Said forget and went elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/