5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My friend Truck arrived today, cant get coupon from Ramtruck.com!! any recommendation?

Seems anyone that got the $1000 coupon in email was at the beginning of the month. Website popup seems to very hit/miss (almost always miss) lately.

slatersan

Reaction score
Tell him to clear his cache/cookies and try again. Might work, might not. Worth a shot.

ToopaCent

Reaction score
There will be separate ones just for leases. Go to edumunds forums under this specific vehicle and make a posting and they can tell you what they are for your zipcode based on the specific vehicle you're looking for

mophead

Reaction score
There will be separate ones just for leases. Go to edumunds forums under this specific vehicle and make a posting and they can tell you what they are for your zipcode based on the specific vehicle you're looking for
Thanks ToopaCent. Good info for everyone ( if anyone needs it: https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/62944/ram/1500/2021-ram-1500-lease-deals-and-prices/p23 ).

I already did that. They give you the MF/RV and incentives as you said for your zip. I was wondering if the Pop-up or any of the other incentives mentioned here can be stacked with them???

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My story:
Wanted a "Built To Serve" edition Ram for about a year, but when I was finally able to get into a financial situation to facilitate it, my choices were existing dealer stock in either Tank (olive green) or Flame Red, or order one in Orange or White (neither of which my wife and I wanted). So I emailed all the dealers within driving range (each email separate so there wouldn't be any "reply all" issues) telling them I will buy from whoever gives me the best out-the-door value for what I wanted with the 0% APR. The dealer responses ran the range you'd expect. Some wanted to know my payment budget, others wanted to know if I was doing a trade-in. Others told me I'd be missing out on $1,250 in incentives by going with 0% (I can do math; 0% is far better). I stood by my guns, insisting on email negotiation and to talk price (not monthly payment), and to not factor trade-in. One dealer (outside my state) was going to charge me double-digit sales tax, and even gave me a monthly payment breakdown that, when totaled, far exceeded the quoted price ($950/month for 72 months, for instance; truck MSRP was $55K).

To make a long story a bit shorter, all the BTS options kept getting sold before my dealer could get it transferred. So I went to look at a used Rebel. It was not a great color, plus it was 3 years old with nearly 70K on the odometer. The bed made it look like the surface of the moon (no bedliner). The dealer quoted me nearly $40K for it. At this point, I was bummed. No BTS truck, plus the available truck at the time was a put-to-bed-wet Rebel. I told the sales rep my wife and I were going to walk the lot and think about it.

My wife saw a Laramie that she like the color, then looked at the sticker--over $61K and more than we wanted to pay. We sat in it and it was a great truck. I told the sales rep, if he could get the price to $55 we could do it. Then it was just a matter of time.

In the end, I think it's a win for both me and the dealer. I got a great truck (with far more bells and whistles than I originally wanted) and saved a significant amount of money (10% off MSRP) with very little effort, stress, or playing games. The dealer probably made more than they could have had I decided to negotiate more aggressively. Plus the dealer is local to me (semi-rural area so supporting businesses here is important). Win all around.
Yea I had a similar experience with my BTS truck. I like the Flame Red so I had no problem finding them, problem was most dealers in my area are not negotiating on them. They don't sit on the lot for more than a few days so they generally don't have to. I had multiple "take it or leave it" type replies. Finally found a dealer that had one inbound and were willing to actually talk numbers. Drove the truck off the lot the same day it was unloaded from the semi.

834k3r

Reaction score
Yea I had a similar experience with my BTS truck. I like the Flame Red so I had no problem finding them, problem was most dealers in my area are not negotiating on them. They don't sit on the lot for more than a few days so they generally don't have to. I had multiple "take it or leave it" type replies. Finally found a dealer that had one inbound and were willing to actually talk numbers. Drove the truck off the lot the same day it was unloaded from the semi.
Ironically enough, the dealer that was quoting me monthly payments for more than $10K over MSRP actually told me "I'm a straight shooter. What do I need to earn your business?" I kid you not.

That tactic may work in the showroom when the buyer is feeling pressure, but it was pretty easy to whip out a calculator and see that they were trying to screw me.

834k3r

Reaction score
Ok so first of all this is an awesome thread. I have learned a ton reading through everyone's tips here. I have a 2008 Big Horn with 265k miles on it. Things are starting to happen with it now and since it is my daily driver and everything else I think it's time for a new one. I really like the rebel and am wondering what kind of percentage off of MSRP should I be expecting on purchasing one? I saw the posts that referred to what would constitute an ok/good/great deal for a Big Horn but I am guessing that those numbers might be lower for the Rebel. Anyway, wondering what you folks thought I should be looking for as a percentage off of MSRP on the Rebel. Thanks.
You may have success doing what I did (because I hate negotiating): emailing the internet sales manager at a bunch of dealers asking for their best OTD value. In my experience there are a few that will try to screw you (easily eliminated options) but most will try to get your business. Once you get the OTD prices, you can pick which gives you the best value. I even went so far as to tell the dealers that they were all getting identical messages, quotes wouldn't be shared, and I wanted the 0% APR.

Regardless of how you proceed, good luck to you!

nwpahunter

Reaction score
I just put an order in on a Ram Bighorn yesterday, is six weeks a reasonable expectation for delivery?

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just put an order in on a Ram Bighorn yesterday, is six weeks a reasonable expectation for delivery?
i'm going to go on a limb and say no... some may say it depends on options. but there is a chip shortage (may not affect you) and there is also a seat foam shortage. i ordered 1/9 and am still waiting. if you look up a few posts, someone ordered in december and is still waiting.

good luck tho, i hope it's speedy!

Highertechnology

Reaction score
I was quoted 10-13 weeks just 2 weeks ago. 6 may be a stretch but I would be overjoyed if it works out for you.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
let's not derail this thread... all of this info should be in here:

Dansjeep2000

Reaction score
Dealer is dragging his feet about locking in 0% APR, says we should wait and see what April deals look like. For those of you who have been following this stuff for awhile, what are the odds 0%/72 months will still be available after March is over?

mophead

Reaction score
Dealer is dragging his feet about locking in 0% APR, says we should wait and see what April deals look like. For those of you who have been following this stuff for awhile, what are the odds 0%/72 months will still be available after March is over?
There's only one direction for 0% to go.... it takes a lot of incentives to be comparable. If you want the 0% you'd better insist.

nwpahunter

Reaction score
I hope the wait is worth it on my order, if all incentives stay the same as they are now, I’ll be at 19.3% with what I concider to be a very reasonable trade on my current truck. The nice thing about ordering is there’s no compromise, you get a truck exactly how you want it. I did sign up for Pencredit so maybe I’ll get $1000 instead of my $500 true car code. Is that $1000 Pen Credit able to be used with a control number?

Last edited:

Horty222

Reaction score
Can the PenCredit $1k be used in combination with the Ram $1k popup coupon?

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can the PenCredit $1k be used in combination with the Ram $1k popup coupon?

From what I've learned:

1. FCA Affiliate Codes (like Tread Lightly / Partners) cannot be combined. If you have a control number with FCA, you can't join Tread Lightly and double-dip
  2. True Card Codes can also not be combined so you can pick $1000 through PenFed (after waiting 60 days after creating your PenFed account) or take $500 today without any waiting
  3. RAM.com Email code, I was told is not compatible with True Car so it's $1000 email code OR maximum from TrueCar. I still need to call FCA Incentives because that one doesn't seem to make much sense to me

Users who are viewing this thread