5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alright so I just picked up my truck today (Ordered 11/23/20). See Signature for info. Live in NE Ohio. Picked up at Ganley Village in Painesville. Don't know much about this particular thread all that much but pls let me know if I got a good deal or not. I tried to do as much homework as I could, thanks!

Thread here for Pics and Order Tracking Info if interested :) : "https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/order-tracking.312/page-285"

MSRP: $75,835
Invoice: $69,559
Sale Price (Friends and Family Pricing): $68,632
Documentation Service Fee: $250
Tag / Title Fee: $35
Tax at 6.75%: $3,873.29

Net Sales Price before Trade: $72,790,29
Trade in: $11,500
Net Sales Price After Trade: $61,290.29

Rebates: $3,000
Balance Remaining: $58,290.29
Down Payment: $4,000

Out the Door: $54,290.29

$996 per month financing for 60 months, interest was like 3.6% I think.

foolishpride

Reaction score
Royalist, I'm not sure you got much of a deal according to Silent Bob's research. He mentions a good discount goal of getting 16% off MSRP including rebates and incentives. That would put you at $63,701, adding your Tax, Title, and License would have put you at $67,609 before your trade. I'm from the Dayton Ohio area, and am dealing with a few local dealers now on a factory order. They have all offered me Employee Pricing on a factory build. I believe that's 5% below Invoice. You can get Invoice Pricing here:

Explore All Ram Truck Prices, And See What's New In Ram Truck Models (nadaguides.com)

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Royalist, I'm not sure you got much of a deal according to Silent Bob's research. He mentions a good discount goal of getting 16% off MSRP including rebates and incentives. That would put you at $63,701, adding your Tax, Title, and License would have put you at $67,609 before your trade. I'm from the Dayton Ohio area, and am dealing with a few local dealers now on a factory order. They have all offered me Employee Pricing on a factory build. I believe that's 5% below Invoice. You can get Invoice Pricing here:

Explore All Ram Truck Prices, And See What's New In Ram Truck Models (nadaguides.com)
Yeah my last '19 Laramie I got like 20% off MSRP.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

They offered me Friends/Family Pricing, that's what that 68k is.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Did the Invoice Pricing as well on NADA, it was identical to that with all my options. With my math that's 14% off MSRP including rebates, not includes taxes and trade.

Last edited:

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, not awful deal with FF pricing, but not great. On a Laramie in Sept I got 12% off MSRP dealer discount, over 22% off with incentives. Plus a great trade value (they had it 4 months and pretty sure they recently took it to auction and probably took a loss).

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, not awful deal with FF pricing, but not great. On a Laramie in Sept I got 12% off MSRP dealer discount, over 22% off with incentives. Plus a great trade value (they had it 4 months and pretty sure they recently took it to auction and probably took a loss).
Yeah it was a slightly above avg deal imo, my Laramie was a much better deal, I agree. It was over 20%.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Limiteds/Longhorns aren't discounted as good as Laramies or Big Horns so that's not really a good comparison. The Limited/Longhorns rebates have only been $1500 since April 2020 whereas Laramies and BH have been $6-6500 in rebates alone.
Limiteds/Longhorns typically are in the 10-12% dealer discount range then a $1500 rebate; Mark Dodge seems to have some aggressive pricing with ~20% off before rebates and Nyle Maxwell around 18%. on Limiteds/Longhorns. The incentives aren't there for the higher trims like they are on BH and Laramies, 20-23% even 25% off should be fairly easy.
This time last year, you could get 24-25% off a Limited/Longhorn.
Also, those Mark Dodge Limiteds and Longhorns aren't Level 1 trims so the prices look good until you start looking at the window sticker.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Limiteds/Longhorns aren't discounted as good as Laramies or Big Horns so that's not really a good comparison. The Limited/Longhorns rebates have only been $1500 since April 2020 whereas Laramies and BH have been $6-6500 in rebates alone.
Limiteds/Longhorns typically are in the 10-12% dealer discount range then a $1500 rebate; Mark Dodge seems to have some aggressive pricing with ~20% off before rebates and Nyle Maxwell around 18%. on Limiteds/Longhorns. The incentives aren't there for the higher trims like they are on BH and Laramies, 20-23% even 25% off should be fairly easy.
This time last year, you could get 24-25% off a Limited/Longhorn.
Also, those Mark Dodge Limiteds and Longhorns aren't Level 1 trims so the prices look good until you start looking at the window sticker.
Yeah I was looking at those, they were fairly base for Limited’s. That’s why I didn’t think my deal was “terrible” all things considered.

BowDown

Reaction score
Yeah I was looking at those, they were fairly base for Limited’s. That’s why I didn’t think my deal was “terrible” all things considered.
It wasn't. I was almost caught by this last year when looking for a Limited and found "prices" that I liked but then you find its a base Limited. I'm not spending this much to be in a base Limited.
I got 18% in July but that took hounding the dealer and them using coupons to make the sell happen. Every once in a while you'll see people get a good Limited deal of 20%+ off but its not widespread.
You did fine, enjoy your new truck

NJT3

Reaction score
So my dealership finally got back to me about issues my big horn had from factory order. Note I have not taken possession of the vehicle yet.

Issues
- Over spray of bed liner all over paint from cab to tailgate.
- small bubbles in paint on a couple of the panels and doors
- scratch up passenger side mirror
- deep scratches on frame of rear window frame drivers side... This looks like from a rachet strap on transport.
- swirly fine scratches on paint from scrub during hand washing with brush... Don't let them detail your truck on pickup.. It's night day comparison looking at paint off vehicles in showroom.

FCA has agreed to most of the paint repairs and mirror replacement apparently not the fine scratches.

Truck is at the body shop and I'm asked to go to it to verify my concerns.

MSRP is 57,910
Deal at 52,500 before taxes ect... w tell Then 5500 with guaranteed rebates and website coupon. Total then before taxes ect 47,000 total otd about 51+ ....ty nj tax and additional luxury veh tax

Auto body paint is not as good of quality as the factory which is at a superior quality with the binding process at factory.

How much additional discount should I be asking for before taking possession?

It's now been a month since delivery to dealership here in NJ. This is my first brand new vehicle ever usually buy used certified.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So my dealership finally got back to me about issues my big horn had from factory order. Note I have not taken possession of the vehicle yet.

Issues
- deep scratches on frame of rear window frame drivers side... This looks like from a rachet strap on transport.
- swirly fine scratches on paint from scrub during hand washing with brush... Don't let them detail your truck on pickup.. It's night day comparison looking at paint off vehicles in showroom.

FCA has agreed to most of the paint repairs and mirror replacement apparently not the fine scratches.

MSRP is 57,910
Deal at 52,500 before taxes ect... w tell Then 5500 with guaranteed rebates and website coupon. Total then before taxes ect 47,000 total otd about 51+ ....ty nj tax and additional luxury veh tax

Auto body paint is not as good of quality as the factory which is at a superior quality with the binding process at factory.

It's now been a month since delivery to dealership here in NJ. This is my first brand new vehicle ever usually buy used certified.

First, if you're not satisfied, don't sign the papers.

Second, if they don't satisfy your concerns (they seem legitimate), try to get Ramcares involved.

Third, ask a lawyer for options.

Seriously, for 50 grand, if their transport and handling has damaged a vehicle that they are responsible for delivering to you...it's their responsibility.

Up to you which way you go, but you have the "rights" in this case. Until you sign for it, they're not getting paid.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

Issues

MSRP is 57,910

If you haven't taken delivery yet, I'd find another truck and not buy this one...that simple!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
First, if you're not satisfied, don't sign the papers.

Second, if they don't satisfy your concerns (they seem legitimate), try to get Ramcares involved.

Third, ask a lawyer for options.

Seriously, for 50 grand, if their transport and handling has damaged a vehicle that they are responsible for delivering to you...it's their responsibility.

Up to you which way you go, but you have the "rights" in this case. Until you sign for it, they're not getting paid.
Totally agree with not signing the papers. However RAMCARES can't do squat with this and why get a lawyer when he hasn't even signed the papers?

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Totally agree with not signing the papers. However RAMCARES can't do squat with this and why get a lawyer when he hasn't even signed the papers?
If he's unsatisfied and has a deposit. Sure, if there's no money down, a lawyer is a waste of time. I'm not one for frivolous stuff, but sometimes you need to get a lawyer on your side. As well, if he accepts it, there is resale value depreciation for the repair work. Up to him.

As for Ramcares, well, a little corporate eyeball on the dealer/delivery issue could get apply pressure and help him get a replacement shipped over more quickly, rather than repair the damaged one.

In short, if he hasn't handed over a dime, I don't think he could get any recompense. It's just his lost time/expectations. Not like the dealer did it maliciously.

I didn't write an entire exposition on it, but, obviously, lawsuits are predicated on ACTUAL loss.

NJT3

Reaction score
$500 deposit on cc but maybe past my limit of days to file claim if dealership give me issue on deposit return.

Depreciation... That's The topic by how much is this?

Almost ready to goto the dealer down the street from me and order there.

Things this dealer didn't do.
- let me know expected delivery day I knew it's shipping ect but didn't get to see truck on delivery . Again my first new vehicle and factory order to boot.
- they removed all the plastic and detailed...I asked this not to be done.
- they put their decal on..I asked me to be done.
Thier messaging in this is criptic, ie it's at the auto body but issues sent to fca for approval, so not approved?

Im ready just to do another factory order but do I stay with this dealer? That I'm not sure I may get better discount because of the issues but may get better service at the one down the street... It just sucks factory and delivery messed up the paint.. My build was first week of January probably started Xmas week so lessoned learned don't order around black Friday. Peeps were still hung over at factory.

ceefiore

Reaction score
hey all, im new to the fourm and couldnt tell you how much i appreciate this post and the knowledge ive gathered. this will be the first truck im actually financing and the first im factory ordering. i live in nj(rahway) area and only been to two dealerships which werent much help. ive manage to speak with someone in a leasing company and he showed me his min he could do which was invoice. now that i know invoice/ffp/ep(was on the configuration sheet) on my build im going for at least ep. im going to give kristin at johnson dodge in nj a call on my build and see what they can do for me. i will let yous know how it goes. thank you!

BowDown

Reaction score
No reason for a lawyer, its not even his truck
If it doesn't meet what you feel you should receive in a new vehicle, move on to the next.
Dealer repainting will not be inferior to the factory process unless they choose to do a crap job. There's nothing magical about the factory paint bonding process

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
$500 deposit on cc but maybe past my limit of days to file claim if dealership give me issue on deposit return.

Depreciation... That's The topic by how much is this?

Almost ready to goto the dealer down the street from me and order there.

Things this dealer didn't do.
- let me know expected delivery day I knew it's shipping ect but didn't get to see truck on delivery . Again my first new vehicle and factory order to boot.
- they removed all the plastic and detailed...I asked this not to be done.
- they put their decal on..I asked me to be done.
Thier messaging in this is criptic, ie it's at the auto body but issues sent to fca for approval, so not approved?

Im ready just to do another factory order but do I stay with this dealer? That I'm not sure I may get better discount because of the issues but may get better service at the one down the street... It just sucks factory and delivery messed up the paint.. My build was first week of January probably started Xmas week so lessoned learned don't order around black Friday. Peeps were still hung over at factory.
If the deposit is on a credit card, you are totally protected. If the dealer gives you $hit, just dispute the charge. It doesn't matter if it's several months old. If I were you, I would NOT accept the truck unless you are OK with an additional $5-10K off. I not, I'd walk in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Reactions: c3k

NJT3

Reaction score
hey all, im new to the fourm and couldnt tell you how much i appreciate this post and the knowledge ive gathered. this will be the first truck im actually financing and the first im factory ordering. i live in nj(rahway) area and only been to two dealerships which werent much help. ive manage to speak with someone in a leasing company and he showed me his min he could do which was invoice. now that i know invoice/ffp/ep(was on the configuration sheet) on my build im going for at least ep. im going to give kristin at johnson dodge in nj a call on my build and see what they can do for me. i will let yous know how it goes. thank you!
Cee sign up with Tread lightly, 100 bucks cost... With that you can get fca control number which intitiles you to at least 1% off invoice I was given between Employee pricing and Friends and Family pricing...

Search this thread there was someone that posted several times everything you can do to get discounts..

I'm in NJ to so my advice is the opposite of other states... So avoid the big named sites and auto malls go with a local dealer near your house... The big guys won't even deal with you undies you step for in the door... They are volume dealers but here in NJ they rather just deal with the easier sheep then us bargain Hunters

Users who are viewing this thread