5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Nova90

Reaction score
Kristian Henriksen at Johnson Dodge in New Jersey has just offered members of this forum, in the tri-state area, low prices.

If you make contact, please let us know how it goes. Percentage off and experience is important information.

Kristian Henriksen at Johnson Dodge
Cell: (908) 310-9117
Email: [email protected]
Work Phone: (908) 850-8700 x135
Thanks, I will give them a try. I am about to order a Rebel and have spoke with Aaron at Mark Dodge. Aaron has been very honest and easy to deal with. I am just concerned that the shipping from LA to eastern PA will eat up a lot of the savings. This NJ dealer would certainly be more local. Once I figure out my exact configuration, I'll get pricing from both. A quick review of the Johnson Dodge website & their listed pricing...initially doesn't seem any different than any of my local Philly area dealers.

They do have a launch edition TRX listed though...and don't list the $20k markups I'm seeing at a bunch of dealers

Last edited:

chuck01835

Reaction score
Just thought I'd add to this thread that I had a great chat with Kristian at Johnson Dodge via email and they were VERY helpful. Fast responses, transparent pricing, I really would recommend that people who give them your config and see what the numbers look like.

Basically we negotiated a special order truck with their sales price and of course incentives won't be clear until the truck arrives but it was good to get an idea what it'd cost before rebates.
How were the doc fees and other dealer add on fees?

Thanks
Chuck

AK103

Reaction score
I've said this a million times, couldn't be happier with my Limited from Lakeland -
If you're in FL, they're really the only viable option -
It's either them, or Mark Dodge in LA.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How were the doc fees and other dealer add on fees?

Thanks
Chuck

I didn't want to talk exact numbers until after my order is confirmed but as a Northeasterner, I'd say 'reasonable' is a fair assessment. They're not excessive and are the same price as local motorcycle dealers are charging (A couple hundred bucks). The sales person was honest about the pricing and put it all on a build sheet with no add ons.

The sheet listed:
  1. Temp Plate
  2. Clerical Expense
  3. Document Delivery fee
  4. price of Truck
  5. applicable tax (0% for me since I'm in NH)
I don't want to say more though because every deal is different and I'm new here so I don't want to open the flood gates for dealer bashing over $200.

Nova90

Reaction score
I didn't want to talk exact numbers until after my order is confirmed but as a Northeasterner, I'd say 'reasonable' is a fair assessment. They're not excessive and are the same price as local motorcycle dealers are charging (A couple hundred bucks). The sales person was honest about the pricing and put it all on a build sheet with no add ons.

The sheet listed:
  1. Temp Plate
  2. Clerical Expense
  3. Document Delivery fee
  4. price of Truck
I don't want to say more though because every deal is different and I'm new here so I don't want to open the flood gates for dealer bashing over $200.
Let us know once your deal is confirmed. I would love to find a dealer willing to be more responsive in the northeast. It would be much easier than having to ship from Mark Dodge in LA to northeastern PA.

Silent Bob

Reaction score

The whole point of this thread is to determine what people are paying. After your order is confirmed please feel free to share the relevant information. If you would like to help out others let us know the MSRP and what the price is before any government fees or taxes. To be even more helpful a breakdown of individual costs would be great.

Last edited:

Runagun

Reaction score

The sheet listed:
  1. Temp Plate
  2. Clerical Expense
  3. Document Delivery fee
  4. price of Truck
This guy is comedy... If everyone was like him. There wouldn't be this wealth of information for everyone to see.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This guy is comedy... If everyone was like him. There wouldn't be this wealth of information for everyone to see.
Please be nice.

I’m brand new to this forum and I do not know the rules and I’m talking to a few dealers. I don’t know if dealers read this forum and I’m not going to compromise my deals by sharing everything right off the bat.

I promise though for full transparency once I have something on order.

I didn’t want to get banned or lose a deal on a truck for blabbing my mouth prematurely.

Borsig

Reaction score
No dealer is going to "yank" your deal because you posted on a forum.

Source - I've bought countless cars like this. My mom was in the car biz for 40 years. I was in it for 5 on and off. Just....Stop. It's ALL about finding the right dealer at the right time and the right car.

All dealers have "goals" and "marks" to hit. ALL of them. High volume dealers get piles of kickbacks and they can go into "holdback" to make a better deal, than a small time dealer at the end of the month if they are short their mark / goal for a bonus or kickback from the 'Mfr. Some are willing, some aren't.

Sales managers don't monitor places like this. They far to busy pressuring their salesmen to follow up, packaging deals, going to meetings, dealing with problems, heat cases, vendors, and more. They do not give a singe **** about you. You are a tick mark on that big white board in their office and when you buy a new truck you're just another "mini deal" to your salesman. He doesn't give a crap if you pay 1% or 10% under invoice. Its ALL a mini to him. He won't make any commission money unless you pay MSRPish. He is not holding out on you. If anyone is, the manager is.

Even if I know I am buying, I ALWAYS stall to the last week of the month. If I don't get what I want, I balk. Bye. There are thousands of these trucks out there and hundreds of dealers. You aren't compromising your deal. You aren't special. They need you more than you need them. The sooner you realize that, the better your position will be. They care about one thing. The money in your wallet. Not you.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Please be nice.

I’m brand new to this forum and I do not know the rules and I’m talking to a few dealers. I don’t know if dealers read this forum and I’m not going to compromise my deals by sharing everything right off the bat.

I didn’t want to get banned or lose a deal on a truck for blabbing my mouth prematurely.

You're all good. Let us know how you did after you make your deal.

mophead

Reaction score
I put down $500. Use a credit card for piece of mind in case there is a problem.
Silent Bob, must've missed your order and price. Or I could just be getting old and forgetting. What did you end up getting and how much?

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please be nice.

im with you man some forums have specific rules. i also know a few sales managers on this forum so don't worry about being cautious. congrats on getting a good deal if you feel its a good deal and can afford it. hopefully people calling you comedy or laughing at you won't deter you from the wealth of knowledge on this forum. after living on mazdspeedforums i've grown some thick skin so don't worry!

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Silent Bob, must've missed your order and price. Or I could just be getting old and forgetting. What did you end up getting and how much?

MSRP $73,640
Invoice $67,558
Negotiated Price $63,110 Before Incentives/Rebates

14.3% off MSRP before rebates/incentives
17.0% off MSRP with $2000 rebates/incentives.
18.4% off MSRP with $3000 rebates/incentives.

6.6% off Invoice before rebates/incentives
9.6% off Invoice with $2000 rebates/incentives.
11.0% off Invoice with $3000 rebates/incentives.

2021 1500 Invoice.png

foolishpride

Reaction score
Another local dealer sent me a quote on my Laramie build. He said if I sign up for the $100 membership on treadlightly.org to become a supplier affiliate, they can sell the vehicle for The supplier price you see on the build sheet next to “FFP” (towards the bottom middle of the build sheet) If you are willing to let us handle your financing through any of our 40+ lenders we can take the vehicle to Employee price (EP on the price sheet) That would be the sales price minus whatever rebates are available at the time of delivery. That will be the very best we can do on an order for you. Please let me know if I need to change anything on the order sheet.

Is offering Employee price such a great deal?

Attachments

• Performance Chrysler Quote.pdf
    447.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Is offering Employee price such a great deal?

Employee Pricing (EP) is 5% below invoice plus $200 before incentives/rebates. This is a good discount but is the minimum I would settle for.

Last edited:

chuck01835

Reaction score
MSRP $73,640
Invoice $67,558
Negotiated Price $63,110 Before Incentives/Rebates

14.3% off MSRP before rebates/incentives
17.0% off MSRP with $2000 rebates/incentives.
18.4% off MSRP with $3000 rebates/incentives.

6.6% off Invoice before rebates/incentives
9.6% off Invoice with $2000 rebates/incentives.
11.0% off Invoice with $3000 rebates/incentives.

View attachment 83195
Hi , silent.

Did this price include dealers add-on fees?

Thanks, Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread