5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

bigoz89

Reaction score
I was just reading through some of this thread and saw someone mention "rebate protection". Is that really a thing you can ask for? Meaning if I place an order now, I am guaranteed the current incentives (even 0% financing) at a minimum, regardless of what the incentives are when the truck comes in?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was just reading through some of this thread and saw someone mention "rebate protection". Is that really a thing you can ask for? Meaning if I place an order now, I am guaranteed the current incentives (even 0% financing) at a minimum, regardless of what the incentives are when the truck comes in?
No

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I mean some dealers will offer price protection specifically, and if the rebates get better they can add on to it by the time the truck comes in. That’s what Ford offered me. As far as specific rebate protection. No idea. I know for my $1500 pop up bonus cash, Ram Incentives extended it indefinitely for me specifically. They said if I get my truck before March 1st I can use this month’s deals. But if I get it after, I would have to use the month’s deals when I placed the order, ie November, if I wanted to still use that $1500 on top of everything. I guess that’s a sort of rebate protection, I dunno. I’m picking up the truck today and will report back.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
You cannot get a guarantee on financing rates as the dealer has zero control of that. It is all up to what FCA is offering at the time of delivery.

cfish7722

Reaction score
Have quotes for 2021 custom BH from two different dealerships. The dealership with the lower dealer discount is closer and would be ideal to be able to order from them. Wondering if ya'll have some tips/tricks in negotiating that to match or beat the offer from the other dealership. Am I just straightforward on the price the other dealership is offering with their dealer discount?

MSRP: 54,035

Dealer 1 Dealer Discount - 5500 = 48,535 (10.2%)
Dealer 2 Dealer Discount - 6337 = 47,698 (11.7%)

Thanks for the feedback!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Have quotes for 2021 custom BH from two different dealerships. The dealership with the lower dealer discount is closer and would be ideal to be able to order from them. Wondering if ya'll have some tips/tricks in negotiating that to match or beat the offer from the other dealership. Am I just straightforward on the price the other dealership is offering with their dealer discount?

Thanks for the feedback!
I think you can do far better that ^^^

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those looking at dealership offerings, please remember that 1% below INVOICE, not MSRP, is affiliate pricing. Approximately 5% below INVOICE is employee pricing. All dealers have been offering the employee pricing recently as a promotion from FCA. So, before any rebates, the MSRP might be $55k, with Invoice being maybe $52k. So 5% below $52k is about $50k. Now add in any manufacturer rebates of, let's say $2500, and you're now down to $47500 on a $55k MSRP. That's all manufacturer pricing. If you take that, the dealer gets 100% of their profit for the truck. Make them take off more! You haven't even negotiated a DEALER discount yet.

86grand

Reaction score
Finally found a good deal on a new Longhorn that had everything I wanted besides the bigger tank like i had on the Limited and tow package. It has the trailer brake controller and the trailer camera wiring kit. I didn't really need a new truck but for a 2021 4WD vs my 2019 2WD justified upgrading since having 4WD for boat launch or camping is good insurance and getting a good deal on the new truck and decent deal on the old one cost about $14500 with a difference of 10,200 MSRP

MSRP - $71465
Discount - $11,300.46
Rebates -$4000
Bonus cash - $ 1500
Total - $54664.54

Total discount - $16800.46 (about 23.5%)

I had to finance through them and they also has a $999.95 dealer fee but overall was the best deal I could find anywhere locally in Florida. Told them what I was willing to pay from MSRP and didn't care about trade values, dealer discounts, rebates or anything in between the MSRP and my final OTD price and after waiting til the main Finance person was able to properly apply the bonus cash today, I was within $900 of where I wanted to be. Initial offer was not good but took salesman one talk to manager to get me where i wanted to be. Trade in was $39,875 for my 19 Limited KBB trade was a bit higher but (reconditioning fees) lowered the trade but the discounts made it all balance out in the end. Dealer was in Wesley Chapel.
Just got approved for my Bonus Cash, so total discount is now 17,050.46

drm827

Reaction score
Thanks to the people on this thread. It helped a lot and feel like I got a good deal on my factory order. Here are the specs:

1500 Limited 4x4, 6’4” box, 3.21, Hemi w/etorque
Patriot Blue w indigo/frost interior
Bed utility group
Body color bumper group
Limited 1 group
Trailer tow group
33 gal tank
Multifunction tailgate
Pano roof

MSRP: $69,720
Sale price: $61,834
Estimated with TTL: $67024
Rebate:$3000
Deposit: $3000
Due at delivery: $61,024

If I calculated it right, that’s 15.6% off MSRP ($69720-$58834/$69720)
NADA invoice was at $63900

Last edited:

Silent Bob

Reaction score
For those looking at dealership offerings, please remember that 1% below INVOICE, not MSRP, is affiliate pricing. Approximately 5% below INVOICE is employee pricing. All dealers have been offering the employee pricing recently as a promotion from FCA. So, before any rebates, the MSRP might be $55k, with Invoice being maybe $52k. So 5% below $52k is about $50k. Now add in any manufacturer rebates of, let's say $2500, and you're now down to $47500 on a $55k MSRP. That's all manufacturer pricing. If you take that, the dealer gets 100% of their profit for the truck. Make them take off more! You haven't even negotiated a DEALER discount yet.
All very good points but as far as I can tell "Employee Pricing for Everyone" ended over a month ago. I am sure it will be back though.

Last edited:

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
This is what I am looking at. Right now the best offer I have is $52,958. Maybe I am being anal here but I think I can do better based on what I am reading around here.

All they are offering is basically EP.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    273.6 KB · Views: 76

Silent Bob

Reaction score
This is what I am looking at. Right now the best offer I have is $52,958. Maybe I am being anal here but I think I can do better based on what I am reading around here.

All they are offering is basically EP.
EP is not bad but many of us are getting better.

cfish7722

Reaction score

Thanks for the feedback!
Do y’all think I can do better with dealer 1 to try to get them to match dealer 2?

86grand

Reaction score
Do y’all think I can do better with dealer 1 to try to get them to match dealer 2?
Best bet is to add dealer #3 and try for at least 15%. does their discount include rebates/incentives? If not, what do you qualify for to get total discount

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like Mark Dodge has Big Horns and Laramies for $10k to $12k off and Limiteds at $15k off MSRP.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I would ask dealer 1 to beat dealer 2, not match. It doesn’t hurt if salespeople know they’re competing against each other for your business. show the dealerships the lowest quote and ask if they can beat it.

Users who are viewing this thread