5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

slatersan

Reaction score
I just checked at the dealer I bought from in April 19. He has pretty close to the same truck with 2 additional options (3.92 and trailer brake controller) and w/o the interior color (n/c) or sunroof ($1500) of mine... actually looks to be 1-2K cheaper... So putting the sunroof in and allowing for the $700 of other options, it's still cheaper than what I paid, and its a 2021... Hmmm...

2021 Ram 1500 Limited 12in Truck Crew Cab

Detailed Pricing​

MSRP $62,835 You Save $8,402 Price $54,433

Sheesh, I coulda' got an ecodiesel, a 33 gallon tank and the level 1 safety group for the same that I paid...

2021 Ram 1500 Limited 12in Truck Crew Cab

Engine: 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel Engine Gen 3 Transmission: Automatic MPG Range: 15/21 Exterior Color: Maximum Steel Interior Color: Black Leather Stock #:210678 Drive Line: 4WD

Dealing with Kernersville, you should know that the price they are showing online isnt necessarily the price you 'qualify' for.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dealing with Kernersville, you should know that the price they are showing online isnt necessarily the price you 'qualify' for.
With most any dealer that's true however when I bought, there weren't any games. Don't know about now. That's how I ended up at KVille, I tried a forum sponsor and now that was games...

BigD

Reaction score
Sounds like prices were way down a year ago for some reason.
There is a huge shortage of those chips so truck demand exceeds supply right now. Those same chips is why nobody can get a PS5.

slatersan

Reaction score
With most any dealer that's true however when I bought, there weren't any games. Don't know about now. That's how I ended up at KVille, I tried a forum sponsor and now that was games...
Glad you got a fair shake. I tried working with them in June/July/August of last year...stubborn and had several 'oh sorry, that advertised price assumed XYZ rebate that you dont qualify for"...even though it didnt say that on the listing. Got tired of the games and drove nearly 5 hrs to DC for a truck instead of driving an Hour to Kernersville.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Glad you got a fair shake. I tried working with them in June/July/August of last year...stubborn and had several 'oh sorry, that advertised price assumed XYZ rebate that you dont qualify for"...even though it didnt say that on the listing. Got tired of the games and drove nearly 5 hrs to DC for a truck instead of driving an Hour to Kernersville.
Ha, I did the exact opposite. Tried dealing with a DC dealer, got fed up/peed off and went more local. Guess in April of 2019 Kv wasn't having too many "special" rebates/incentives. The salesman I bought from had worked there 22 years... How often does a guy stay at a dealership for 22 years? Anyway, I know that I didn't pay the cheapest price, not by a longshot.

There's guys on the thread/forum that probably could have shaved $3-4K more off but I didn't really care. My wife wanted xyz colors on HER truck and there was 1 at the dealership. She's more important than saving $4K and having to live with "I don't like..." the next 10 years...

Jako

Reaction score
Ha, I did the exact opposite. Tried dealing with a DC dealer, got fed up/peed off and went more local. Guess in April of 2019 Kv wasn't having too many "special" rebates/incentives. The salesman I bought from had worked there 22 years... How often does a guy stay at a dealership for 22 years? Anyway, I know that I didn't pay the cheapest price, not by a longshot.

There's guys on the thread/forum that probably could have shaved $3-4K more off but I didn't really care. My wife wanted xyz colors on HER truck and there was 1 at the dealership. She's more important than saving $4K and having to live with "I don't like..." the next 10 years...
having to live with "I don't like..." the next 10 years...
If she keeps the truck 10 years that is cheap peace of mind. I have a buddy whose wife only knows leases, BMWs and MB.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a 2500 2021 Laramie 4x4 Megacab - from Phillip Olson at Auburn Chrysler up near Seattle.
MSRP $74,675
Invoice $69,699
Sales Price $65,150 (Include $150 fees and $15 temp license)

-12.8% off MSRP, -6.5% off Invoice - plus any incentives that are in effect at delivery.

Phillip was great to deal with - very responsive. It's amazing how quickly he was able to get back to me on questions, etc. Not the case with other local dealerships. Following up with them to get any pricing was like herding cats. There are still about a half dozen dealers within a 100 miles that haven't even responded to me. One local dealer wouldn't send send me a build sheet until I put down a $1k deposit and physically drove to their dealership....

In the beginning of the sales process, I signed up with Tread Lightly and got the FCA Affiliate certificate. Seemed like I didn't have to wait 30 days; I was able to get the number immediately. The deal I got was better than this so wasn't used. With that said, I was able to shop locally and get 1% off invoice without having to negotiate, which made the experience less painful. I should add that before reading this thread I was beginning to believe the local dealers when they said they couldn't negotiate on factory orders. Thanks to all the advice on this forum. You saved me a bundle!

My advice to those that hate endless negotiating and don't want to go the high volume fly and drive option to get the FCA Affiliate certificate and to locally negotiate down from the 1% discount.

I should mention that Aaron at Mark Dodge was very responsive as well. Phillip beat him by a couple hundred dollars and he's closer. Both are very transparent, and it was interesting to see that the MSRP and Invoice on the Configuration Preview sheets were identical between them, and this was pretty close to the invoice pricing I found on Car Connection.

Thanks again

Last edited:

FiremanPato

Reaction score
Just picked up my new Ram after being out of the game for awhile.

New 2020 Laramie Crew 4X4 with 5'7" bed
MSRP $52,510
Sales Price $39,999
Dealer DOC fee of $398 (lowest you ever see around here is $249, most are higher)
Had a couple of extras (tint and PPF) that I said I wouldn't pay for.
Very straightforward and was in and out in 2hrs. The only extra rebate I had was the First Responder $500.
I'll take it! Loving the truck so far!

Jtt2015

Reaction score
2021 Ram 1500 Laramie 4WD 5.7L eTorque. Night edition, Laramie Level 2 group, sunroof, power running boards, bed utility group, trailer brake, Unconnect 12” w/nav.
Sticker $63,735.
Invoice $54,xxx
Paid $51,725
** first responder rebate

Last edited:

chuck01835

Reaction score
For those who special ordered a truck, how much did you have to put down, and was it refundable?

Thanks,
Chuck

chuck01835

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a 2500 2021 Laramie 4x4 Megacab - from Phillip Olson at Auburn Chrysler up near Seattle.
MSRP $74,675
Invoice $69,699
Sales Price $65,150 (Include $150 fees and $15 temp license)

-12.8% off MSRP, -6.5% off Invoice - plus any incentives that are in effect at delivery.

Phillip was great to deal with - very responsive. It's amazing how quickly he was able to get back to me on questions, etc. Not the case with other local dealerships. Following up with them to get any pricing was like herding cats. There are still about a half dozen dealers within a 100 miles that haven't even responded to me. One local dealer wouldn't send send me a build sheet until I put down a $1k deposit and physically drove to their dealership....

In the beginning of the sales process, I signed up with Tread Lightly and got the FCA Affiliate certificate. Seemed like I didn't have to wait 30 days; I was able to get the number immediately. The deal I got was better than this so wasn't used. With that said, I was able to shop locally and get 1% off invoice without having to negotiate, which made the experience less painful. I should add that before reading this thread I was beginning to believe the local dealers when they said they couldn't negotiate on factory orders. Thanks to all the advice on this forum. You saved me a bundle!

My advice to those that hate endless negotiating and don't want to go the high volume fly and drive option to get the FCA Affiliate certificate and to locally negotiate down from the 1% discount.

I should mention that Aaron at Mark Dodge was very responsive as well. Phillip beat him by a couple hundred dollars and he's closer. Both are very transparent, and it was interesting to see that the MSRP and Invoice on the Configuration Preview sheets were identical between them, and this was pretty close to the invoice pricing I found on Car Connection.

Thanks again
What was your plan to get the vehicle when it arrives? Will they deliver to you and if so, is there a charge?

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Just picked up my new Ram after being out of the game for awhile.

New 2020 Laramie Crew 4X4 with 5'7" bed
MSRP $52,510
Sales Price $39,999
Dealer DOC fee of $398 (lowest you ever see around here is $249, most are higher)
Had a couple of extras (tint and PPF) that I said I wouldn't pay for.
Very straightforward and was in and out in 2hrs. The only extra rebate I had was the First Responder $500.
I'll take it! Loving the truck so far!
23% off MSRP
Congratulations on a great deal.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
2021 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L eTorque. Night edition, Laramie Level 2 group, sunroof, power running boards, bed utility group, trailer brake, Unconnect 12” w/nav.
Sticker $63,735.
Invoice $54,xxx
Paid $51,725
** first responder rebate
18.84% off MSRP
Congratulations on a great deal

Sasquatch

Reaction score
What was your plan to get the vehicle when it arrives? Will they deliver to you and if so, is there a charge?
Flying from San Diego to Seattle one way then driving back. Visiting dad and friends along the way on return visit. Sort of a low budget Mercedes or Volvo European driving program. ;) I didn’t discuss shipping but understand Mark Dodge has the process wired.

RJS

Reaction score
Get the Best Price on a Factory Extended Warranty

I contacted all the people I know that sell discounted genuine Mopar warranties. Did I miss anyone?

Ziegler
Clay Robbins
Tom Winkels
Riedman Motors
Chrysler Warranty's
Jeep Factory Warranty
Mopar Service Contracts
Chrysler Warranty Direct
Chrysler Factory Warranty
Jason Edmonson

Check out this link to see who had the lowest prices.
Thanks, glad someone finally did this. Might be a good idea to do a stand alone post to possibly make searching easier. Thanks again.

OOOPPS!! Just noticed the stand alone post, well done.

foolishpride

Reaction score
Newbie here. I submitted a build quote for a Laramie to Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge. Here is his quote:

MSRP $61015

Sale Price $52896 plus $219 (doc/temp tag/notary) plus any applicable rebates, tax, title and licensing.

Thought that was quite reasonable. I also sent my build to some local dealers to quote, and one responded back that
"We are going to kindly pass on even trying to earn your business. If you get 1% below invoice and are looking for 5-8% off from the dealership before all the rebates, that just isn't realistic and isn't worth me even trying to compete. True Chrysler employees get 3% below invoice plus rebates, so thinking you can get even much better than that isn't something we can do".

Haven't heard back from the other local dealers. Maybe nobody local can compete with the high volume dealers listed on this site.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Newbie here. I submitted a build quote for a Laramie to Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge. Here is his quote:

MSRP $61015

Sale Price $52896 plus $219 (doc/temp tag/notary) plus any applicable rebates, tax, title and licensing.

Thought that was quite reasonable. I also sent my build to some local dealers to quote, and one responded back that
"We are going to kindly pass on even trying to earn your business. If you get 1% below invoice and are looking for 5-8% off from the dealership before all the rebates, that just isn't realistic and isn't worth me even trying to compete. True Chrysler employees get 3% below invoice plus rebates, so thinking you can get even much better than that isn't something we can do".

Haven't heard back from the other local dealers. Maybe nobody local can compete with the high volume dealers listed on this site.
Ha ha. After you do the deal, send them a copy of the paperwork from Mark Dodge...

Users who are viewing this thread