5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

slatersan

Reaction score
So you cant backup what you wrote, got it.
I did negotiate within $1500 of a truck month price in (on a Limited) July so I did fine. Again, back up your talk or it just that
I'm really proud of you. You tried really hard.

WReckeR

Reaction score
So you cant backup what you wrote, got it.
I did negotiate within $1500 of a truck month price in (on a Limited) July so I did fine. Again, back up your talk or it just that
hey hon, come check this out! Some random guy in a random forum in America is coming unhinged about a random talking point on a Sunday night in February! It's enthralling! I can't wait to see what happens next!!

86grand

Reaction score
hey hon, come check this out! Some random guy in a random forum in America is coming unhinged about a random talking point on a Sunday night in February! It's enthralling! I can't wait to see what happens next!!
Here i thought a bunch of people bought trucks today, but just 3 pages about arguing on truck month 1954

Silent Bob

Reaction score
You still need to factor in TTL. That's how you get the correct % off.

For the purposes of this thread you do not include TTL. No government taxes or fees because each state has different unavoidable government costs.

The total number you should be using to determine your percentage off should include the total (with rebates and incentives) before trade in, taxes, and any required government fees. Your number should include dealer add-ons you did not request and any dealer fees not listed on the factory invoice. Such as document fees, prep fees, etc. You can use one of these two links to find the factory MSRP and invoice price of the truck and all options. LINK LINK

If you really want to pass on helpful information list dealer discount and incentives/rebates separately.

While your trade-in should not be included in the percentage it is helpful to know those details as well.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Price after TTL is asked for so the out the door price can be seen and not what someone was told they would be paying, IE add-ons not discussed or included in pre out the door (OTD) pricing.
There's been some "awesome negotiators" in this thread talking about 20+% off then have an OTD price thats looks like 12-14% off
The OTD is the most important number to each individual.

It is not that relevant to this thread however. You are correct about the need to include all non government taxes and fees to see the real percentage off.

View the first page of this thread.

"MSRP of the specific truck
What Rebates and incentives were applied and $ amounts
Any further negotiations
Final price"

"Please do not include trade in values, taxes, OTD price or anything like that as those are all variable depending on where you live etc. Rebates and incentives are also regional so also please post up where you purchased the truck and when."

Last edited:

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Mark Dodge has this banner on their site. Can someone with more experience talk about how they’re getting this price? Can non LA residents qualify? Seems like the deal of the century but perhaps I’m just so new here I haven’t seen it all like some of you (which trust me, I’m impressed by).

Is this one of those ‘sales’ that you really can’t negotiate more on or is $15000 off still just an opening rebate? How often do These ‘deals’ show up?

Feel free to PM me if you don’t want to post publicity. Thanks!

9UxHVkS_d.webp

Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge in Louisiana and Phillip Olson at Bud Clary in Washington State seem to be offering members the best deals right now. You can find their contact information listed here: LINK

NewGuy1

Reaction score
So tentative deal on a 2021 limited from Mark.

MSRP $71k
Sale price $55k
TTL $5200
Total OTD $60200

Best I'll able to find. Not a fan of the 3.92 rear end. We'll see if I like it.
What add on options did you get? I am going to order a 6’4” limited and it sounds like Mark might be the go to guy.

BigD

Reaction score
Damn. Sweet. Really sweet. And can you get 0% as well, or no?

I'd've bought from their lot, but all they had was 5'7 beds and I need the 6'4
Sounds like one heck of a great deal. Can't even get a Laramie for under $50k here in MN.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Those fees go to governmental agencies and are not negotiable in any way. TTL vary wildly depending on where you register, so to use when figuring out % off gives an unmatched comparison to sales in other states. Example: Montana charges 0% sales tax while Oklahoma charges 11.5%

If you must use TTL as a metric for how good your deal is, factor TTL on MSRP first, then TTL on price paid. Kind of a meaningless calc, but at least it's fair.
11.5% in truck friendly Ok? Thats crazy...

Runagun

Reaction score
Damn. Sweet. Really sweet. And can you get 0% as well, or no?

I'd've bought from their lot, but all they had was 5'7 beds and I need the 6'4
So update on this... I actually changed it to 0% but lost 1k in rebates. So total OTD price is 61289 with 0% for 60months

Last edited:

Runagun

Reaction score
What add on options did you get? I am going to order a 6’4” limited and it sounds like Mark might be the go to guy.
Customer Preferred Package 27M Technology Group $1,095 Head–Up Display Rear–View Auto–Dimming Digital Display Mirror LED Center High–Mounted Stop Lamp Body–Color Bumper Group $195 Limited Level 1 Equipment Group $2,995 Pedestrian / Cyclist Emergency Braking 19 Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go Lane Keep Assist Parallel and Perpendicular Park–Assist with Stop Ventilated Rear Seats Surround–View Camera 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio $95 Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle $495 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine $200 48–Volt Belt Starter Generator Dual–Pane Panoramic Sunroof $1,495 33–Gallon Fuel Tank $445 22–Inch x 9.0–Inch Polish/Painted Wheels w/ Inserts $2,095 285/45R22XL BSW All–Season Tires Trailer Brake–Controller $295 Destination Charge $1,695

BigD

Reaction score
🤣😂

BigD

Reaction score
So I was just checking local dealers pricing. I can get my exact truck in a 2021 for only $2,000 more than what I paid 1 yr ago from a different dealer than who I bought from though. My dealer wants $6,000 more than what I paid a yr ago for a new 2021 now l. So there is hope if I happen to total my truck. Knock on wood !

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Get the Best Price on a Factory Extended Warranty

I contacted all the people I know of that sell discounted genuine Mopar warranties. Did I miss anyone?

Ziegler
Clay Robbins
Tom Winkels
Riedman Motors
Chrysler Warranty's
Jeep Factory Warranty
Mopar Service Contracts
Chrysler Warranty Direct
Chrysler Factory Warranty
Jason Edmonson

Check out this link to see who had the lowest prices.

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sounds like prices were way down a year ago for some reason.
I just checked at the dealer I bought from in April 19. He has pretty close to the same truck with 2 additional options (3.92 and trailer brake controller) and w/o the interior color (n/c) or sunroof ($1500) of mine... actually looks to be 1-2K cheaper... So putting the sunroof in and allowing for the $700 of other options, it's still cheaper than what I paid, and its a 2021... Hmmm...

2021 Ram 1500 Limited 12in Truck Crew Cab

Detailed Pricing​

MSRP $62,835 You Save $8,402 Price $54,433

Sheesh, I coulda' got an ecodiesel, a 33 gallon tank and the level 1 safety group for the same that I paid...

2021 Ram 1500 Limited 12in Truck Crew Cab

Engine: 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel Engine Gen 3 Transmission: Automatic MPG Range: 15/21 Exterior Color: Maximum Steel Interior Color: Black Leather Stock #:210678 Drive Line: 4WD

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread