5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
He said "we all pay the same price for these trucks (I dont think thats true for volume dealers) so it's not really possible for them to beat us"
Yes, they do all pay the same thing. But, for high volume dealers, the end of month bonus incentives are far greater and they have far more room to work a deal.

Borsig

Reaction score
Yes, they do all pay the same thing. But, for high volume dealers, the end of month bonus incentives are far greater and they have far more room to work a deal.
I'll give him the chance. But I have very little faith anyone can come close to the volume dealers.
I've bought 1 New Subaru and 2 New VW's in 10 years. No local dealer has ever even come close to the NoVA or MD dealers. The last GM product I bought was the same way. Had to drive, and that's when I was in Charlotte NC.

When it comes time to buy, and it will, I dread the process. But it would be nice to deal with the local guy with the 299 doc fee.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
IMO I would pay $750-1000 more for a local order than going way out of my way to get a truck. That is a reasonable markup for the convenience. I flew from FL to VA twice, and realistically the actual trip cost was $400-500 or so plus 2 days of my time.

For my last two purchases though, the difference was easily $2500+. And yes the local guys said "we can't do it, that price is impossible" "you won't fly up the coast" "what are you going to do, drive two days to save $2000?" and I was happy to stick it to them.

I’m BRAND new to this forum (hi guys, ya’ll are great) but in my other life, I buy and sell motorcycles like crazy, always wheeling and dealing and I LOVE a good Fly & Ride. December 21st, 2018 I bought a BMW bike for $1000, hell of a deal but I had to pick it up that weekend. Flew down to Richmond and rode it 700 miles home at near freezing temps all for a good deal! :p

My fiancé when I told her about Mark Dodge was like “thank god, we get to do the bourbon trail finally” She’s in. She loves a good road trip just like I do (we’re both BMW riders) and so she’s excited about the possibility of using some of our airline miles and flying down to LA and driving a brand new truck home and stopping in Nashville, KY and a few spots in Central PA on our way home.

That sort of thing isn’t for everyone but some of us love a good one-way road trip. If I can match the deal locally, fine but if no one on the northeast sector is within $1500 on Mark Dodge, I’m gonna fly down.

..and like most of you, no I don’t make even a thousand bucks a day but we can do a. 2-day Friday & Saturday trip to save some cash. We have yet to do our 1 month road trip where we hit arkansas, Louisiana and Texas but we probably will once we have a truck that can haul our bikes.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m BRAND new to this forum (hi guys, ya’ll are great) but in my other life, I buy and sell motorcycles like crazy, always wheeling and dealing and I LOVE a good Fly & Ride. December 21st, 2018 I bought a BMW bike for $1000, hell of a deal but I had to pick it up that weekend. Flew down to Richmond and rode it 700 miles home at near freezing temps all for a good deal! :p

My fiancé when I told her about Mark Dodge was like “thank god, we get to do the bourbon trail finally” She’s in. She loves a good road trip just like I do (we’re both BMW riders) and so she’s excited about the possibility of using some of our airline miles and flying down to LA and driving a brand new truck home and stopping in Nashville, KY and a few spots in Central PA on our way home.

That sort of thing isn’t for everyone but some of us love a good one-way road trip. If I can match the deal locally, fine but if no one on the northeast sector is within $1500 on Mark Dodge, I’m gonna fly down.

..and like most of you, no I don’t make even a thousand bucks a day but we can do a. 2-day Friday & Saturday trip to save some cash. We have yet to do our 1 month road trip where we hit arkansas, Louisiana and Texas but we probably will once we have a truck that can haul our bikes.
Ride two up there, load the bike onto the truck and drive home... perfect!! my wife and i ride also. i road tripped from CA to Ohio on my Ducati, on the scenic route (LA>Utah>Idaho>Montana>SD>MN>IL>Ohio it was amazing!

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ride two up there, load the bike onto the truck and drive home... perfect!! my wife and i ride also. i road tripped from CA to Ohio on my Ducati, on the scenic route (LA>Utah>Idaho>Montana>SD>MN>IL>Ohio it was amazing!

She stopped riding 2-up a few years ago. Couldn’t stand not being in control. she now has a touring & dirt bike and won’t dare hop on the back of mine anymore....I have ZERO complaints. It’s great looking over and seeing your girl having the time of her life on her own bike...that and we can haul double the camping gear which makes Glamping a lot more fun now that we’re not limited to 100 liters of gear for camping trips.

Off topic, sorry but we did talk about that too..riding down to pickup our 6’4” Eco-Diesel, loading up the bikes in the back and then driving home.

We’ll have to see how the New England weather treats us...unfortunately, she won’t ride below 50F and me personally, I ride my motorcycle down to 14F. That’s the minimum for me. I did 11F once and almost lost a finger.

chuck01835

Reaction score
Any recommendations for volume dealers in New England or the northeast?

Thanks
Chuck

Sasquatch

Reaction score

Sounds like fun!

rbundy84

Reaction score
Level 1 package
Floor mats
Tow mirrors and brake controller

Nothing crazy!
Ha - good for you!

I have found myself down the rabbit hole of everything I would want for “perfect” truck and wound up with a MSRP of over $66k when my budget is closer to $50k...

Phillip@RAM

Reaction score
Philip and Aaron continue to give us great deals. I highly recommend them.

Phillip Olson, General Sales Manager at Bud Clary in Washington State
Tell him Silent Bob from 5thGenRams Forum sent you.
Cell 360-434-2929 (text is great)
[email protected]

Aaron Ginsburgh, New Car Sales Manager at Mark Dodge in Louisiana
Tell him Silent Bob from 5thGenRams Forum sent you.
Cell 318-792-1220 (text is great)
[email protected]
I am famous 😂😂😂 thanks silent bob for the plug a lot of people have called me. I appreciate sharing of info.

Happy to help anyone on here just want to move trucks not collect them.

Phillip @ Bud Clary Auburn Dodge
360-434-2929 txts are fine.
[email protected]

I have a present for you on Thursday, see you then.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mark Dodge has this banner on their site. Can someone with more experience talk about how they’re getting this price? Can non LA residents qualify? Seems like the deal of the century but perhaps I’m just so new here I haven’t seen it all like some of you (which trust me, I’m impressed by).

Is this one of those ‘sales’ that you really can’t negotiate more on or is $15000 off still just an opening rebate? How often do These ‘deals’ show up?

Feel free to PM me if you don’t want to post publicity. Thanks!

9UxHVkS_d.webp
I cannot address that specific ad.

However, I just spent a few days getting pricing on a Laramie with Aaron Ginsburgh of Mark Dodge. He's listed on the first post, here: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how-to-get-the-best-price-on-your-new-ram.26103/

I cannot recommend him highly enough. Fantastic to work with. Give him a call and let us know what he says.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am famous 😂😂😂 thanks silent bob for the plug a lot of people have called me. I appreciate sharing of info.

Happy to help anyone on here just want to move trucks not collect them.

Phillip @ Bud Clary Auburn Dodge
360-434-2929 txts are fine.
[email protected]

I have a present for you on Thursday, see you then.

And, to tie into my post, just above, Phillip made me the winning offer on the Laramie. Yes, he had to work for it (Aaron is tough!).

It was a pleasure doing business with you...and I look forward to getting a delivery date. ;)

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
I cannot address that specific ad.

However, I just spent a few days getting pricing on a Laramie with Aaron Ginsburgh of Mark Dodge. He's listed on the first post, here: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how-to-get-the-best-price-on-your-new-ram.26103/

I cannot recommend him highly enough. Fantastic to work with. Give him a call and let us know what he says.
Agreed! He was the most responsive out of every dealer I contacted. I would do business with him again easily.

Borsig

Reaction score
Bud clary is far too far for me to buy from unfortunately. Washington State is a long way from VA

Borsig

Reaction score
Kristian Henriksen at Johnson Dodge in New Jersey has just offered members of this forum between 5-7% below invoice.

If you make contact, please let us know how it goes.

Kristian Henriksen at Johnson Dodge
Cell: (908)310-9117
Email: [email protected]
Work Phone: (908)850-8700 x135
Sorry but how does this compare with price below MSRP?

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just thought I'd add to this thread that I had a great chat with Kristian at Johnson Dodge via email and they were VERY helpful. Fast responses, transparent pricing, I really would recommend that people who give them your config and see what the numbers look like.

Basically we negotiated a special order truck with their sales price and of course incentives won't be clear until the truck arrives but it was good to get an idea what it'd cost before rebates.

Users who are viewing this thread