5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

STI_MECE

Reaction score
TTL is irrelevant because your trade in decreases your tax significantly plus every state has different tax rates & fees etc. When people are talking price they are referring to negotiated price down from MSRP. Otherwise we are comparing apples to oranges rather than apples to apples u feel me bro ?

That's funny I didn't have to trade in a vehicle to afford my truck. And that's why my truck is already paid for. Because when you pay cash every dollar counts.

And just fyi every one here will probably disagree with you and say tax title license is just as important. Itemized line items is what matters

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not everybody bought in the early stages of a pandemic when sales hit the basement and manufacturers responded by nearly paying people to take cars off the lot.

That never happened, plenty of people in this very thread predicted the actual outcome of Covid19 accurately, I was one of the ones who didn't and thought there'd be great "pandemic deals". After March of last year, the discounts/rebates dried up completely except on lower trim trucks, ie BH's. There was never a time during this pandemic that dealers did not have the upper hand and not budge on pricing.

BigD

Reaction score
That's funny I didn't have to trade in a vehicle to afford my truck. And that's why my truck is already paid for. Because when you pay cash every dollar counts.

And just fyi every one here will probably disagree with you and say tax title license is just as important. Itemized line items is what matters

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Why when comparing prices would anyone care what someone paid for tax, title, & license? Those are non-negotiable & different from state to state. I think the point in comparing pricing is so people know how much wiggle room there is & how hard they can push for better prices based off the market & time of year & region they are in.

BowDown

Reaction score
Why when comparing prices would anyone care what someone paid for tax, title, & license? Those are non-negotiable & different from state to state. I think the point in comparing pricing is so people know how much wiggle room there is & how hard they can push for better prices based off the market & time of year & region they are in.

Price after TTL is asked for so the out the door price can be seen and not what someone was told they would be paying, IE add-ons not discussed or included in pre out the door (OTD) pricing.
There's been some "awesome negotiators" in this thread talking about 20+% off then have an OTD price thats looks like 12-14% off

BigD

Reaction score
That never happened, plenty of people in this very thread predicted the actual outcome of Covid19 accurately, I was one of the ones who didn't and thought there'd be great "pandemic deals". After March of last year, the discounts/rebates dried up completely except on lower trim trucks, ie BH's. There was never a time during this pandemic that dealers did not have the upper hand and not budge on pricing.
Your wrong bro. During April last year when everyone was afraid to leave their houses, the dealerships were empty. It was a buyer's market. As the pandemic dragged on, & people were no longer afraid, they came back to dealerships. Problem was no inventory. Dealers have had very low inventory since around last June. So they are not willing to wheel & deal, combine low inventory with high demand & you've got a seller's market. Been a seller's market since last summer.

BowDown

Reaction score
Your wrong bro. During April last year when everyone was afraid to leave their houses, the dealerships were empty. It was a buyer's market. As the pandemic dragged on, & people were no longer afraid, they came back to dealerships. Problem was no inventory. Dealers have had very low inventory since around last June. So they are not willing to wheel & deal, combine low inventory with high demand & you've got a seller's market. Been a seller's market since last summer.

Really, go back to April in this very thread and show me guys able to get killer deals on trucks, I'll wait. Its been a sellers market since April, I challenge you to find a 20+% off deal from April through Dec 2020. Sure there was a deal here or there but consistently overall, no deals. Again, go back to April -Dec and find someone posting a verified 20+% off deal. Jan-March 2020 24-25% off was relatively easy, it was a buyers market. As soon as Truck month ended in March, the deals were done.
Some of the people in this thread have been posting for over a year looking at deals each month

BigD

Reaction score
Price after TTL is asked for so the out the door price can be seen and not what someone was told they would be paying, IE add-ons not discussed or included in pre out the door (OTD) pricing.
I don't even know what add ons are. I negotiated my deal over the phone. If I showed up & the salesman didn't honor what he said, I would've walked out the door. He actually tried to give me $1,000 less on my trade. I said no way. Said I'd walk. Got to have your poker face on. Got $17,000 for a 2013 Ram with 73,000 miles Bighorn level 1 cc 4x4 6 speed. Put $14,500 cash down. Financed $11,500. I'll have her paid off next month !! 🙂

BigD

Reaction score
Really, go back to April in this very thread and show me guys able to get killer deals on trucks, I'll wait.
I got a killer deal. I can't find a BH level 2 for under 43.5k & they aren't even night editions or LED light package!

BowDown

Reaction score
I don't even know what add ons are. I negotiated my deal over the phone. If I showed up & the salesman didn't honor what he said, I would've walked out the door. He actually tried to give me $1,000 less on my trade. I said no way. Said I'd walk. Got to have your poker face on. Got $17,000 for a 2013 Ram with 73,000 miles Bighorn level 1 cc 4x4 6 speed. Put $14,500 cash down. Financed $11,500. I'll have her paid off next month !! 🙂

Then you haven't read this thread thoroughly, add-ons are how dealers have been playing games with buyers; this thread is full of those stories.

BigD

Reaction score
Then you haven't read this thread thoroughly, add-ons are how dealers have been playing games with buyers; this thread is full of those stories.
I don't play games bruh. I was being sarcastic. If they tried to add on anything I'd walk.

BowDown

Reaction score
I got a killer deal. I can't find a BH level 2 for under 43.5k & they aren't even night editions or LED light package!

Did you miss where I specifically pointed out except BH's?
Big Horns are the only trim level that kept significant rebates past April, $6-6500. Limiteds and Longhorns had $8500 rebates Jan - March 20 then dropped to $1500. Laramies didn't have much better rebates and dealers weren't discounting more than 8-11% off MSRP before incentives

BowDown

Reaction score

Reminds me of this guy 5thgen2020 who changed his screen name to SDRebel2021 after posting similar "negotiating skills" then never produced a deal sheet.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mark Dodge has this banner on their site. Can someone with more experience talk about how they’re getting this price? Can non LA residents qualify? Seems like the deal of the century but perhaps I’m just so new here I haven’t seen it all like some of you (which trust me, I’m impressed by).

Is this one of those ‘sales’ that you really can’t negotiate more on or is $15000 off still just an opening rebate? How often do These ‘deals’ show up?

Feel free to PM me if you don’t want to post publicity. Thanks!

9UxHVkS_d.webp

ny2az

Reaction score
Mark Dodge has this banner on their site. Can someone with more experience talk about how they’re getting this price? Can non LA residents qualify? Seems like the deal of the century but perhaps I’m just so new here I haven’t seen it all like some of you (which trust me, I’m impressed by).

Is this one of those ‘sales’ that you really can’t negotiate more on or is $15000 off still just an opening rebate? How often do These ‘deals’ show up?

Feel free to PM me if you don’t want to post publicity. Thanks!

9UxHVkS_d.webp
from my conversation with them ... if you didnt live in the Texas area... you would lose the $1,000 southwest rebate reducing the total rebate accordingly ... but could possibly pick up others like miltary, first responder or conquest ... they did also mentioned that some rebates were not compabile with there discount pricing ....

slatersan

Reaction score
Sure it did. March/April timeframe. Nobody was buying cars, so dealers were getting huge rebates to try and move the metal.

BowDown

Reaction score
Sure it did. March/April timeframe. Nobody was buying cars, so dealers were getting huge rebates to try and move the metal.
March was truck month, I said April on and it didn't as I and many here were looking and trying to buy in April but do feel free to post one of those "buyers market" truck deals that were to be had in April

WReckeR

Reaction score
So tentative deal on a 2021 limited from Mark.

MSRP $71k
Sale price $55k
TTL $5200
Total OTD $60200

Best I'll able to find. Not a fan of the 3.92 rear end. We'll see if I like it.
Damn. Sweet. Really sweet. And can you get 0% as well, or no?

I'd've bought from their lot, but all they had was 5'7 beds and I need the 6'4

slatersan

Reaction score
March was truck month, I said April on and it didn't as I and many here were looking and trying to buy in April but do feel free to post one of those "buyers market" truck deals that were to be had in April
I feel free to say "sorry you couldn't negotiate a better deal" and also "better luck next time."

BowDown

Reaction score
I feel free to say "sorry you couldn't negotiate a better deal" and also "better luck next time."

So you cant backup what you wrote, got it.
I did negotiate within $1500 of a truck month price in (on a Limited) July so I did fine. Again, back up your talk or it just that

Users who are viewing this thread