5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

rjm752

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger. Final price 12.54% off MSRP. And whatever incentives/rebates available at time of delivery. I'm satisfied. Dealing with Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge in Lake Charles LA,, everything was up front and to the point w/ no BS.

tempImageizqomM.jpg

Mastabob5

Reaction score
Does your rebate portion of your deal include the $1,500 Ram pop up cash? If they are still doing that it'll get you to 18% off MSRP.

it does not, i was trying to figure out how to get the $1500 pop up cash or if it’s even still available?

it also doesn’t include $500 military rebate/incentive.

RussTBus

Reaction score
I'm in Eastern NC and it seems I've been through 4 dealers, but not close to the kind of deals you guys are pulling. I'm looking at a 21 2500 Tradesman with an MSRP of $49,395. The best they're able to do, with rebates, is $45,500. I was able to get them $500 up on the trade rather than off the truck, but I'm right at 8% off MSRP including rebates/incentives (which aren't much). Am I expecting too much on a Tradesman maybe?

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am constantly surprised by people who say you should pay cash instead of finance at a low rate. Even if I have the cash to buy outright I'll take financing as high as 3-4% and invest that cash and come out ahead. It's the same with folks who get obsessed with paying off a mortgage or student loan. My investments returned 15-20% in 2020. I get that it is more complicated based on volatility in the markets, if the dealer offers a better cash price etc.

obrien

Reaction score
Agree! Spending $50k+ to "save" 2% interest seems well strange. Practically any even very conservative fund will beat it and as said in today volatile times you can beat it by as much as tenfold.

187penguin

Reaction score
Hello!
2021 4x4 Ram 1500 Big Horn 3.6L Quad Cab 6’4” bed bought in Jacksonville FL on Jan 19th, 2021

copied this direct from dealer ad:

• Black / Diesel Gray Interior Colors
  • Front and Rear Rubber Floor Mats by Mopar®
  • 3.55 Rear Axle Ratio
  • Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
  • 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine
  • 50 State Emissions
  • Customer Preferred Package 23Z
  • 275/55R20 BSW All-Season Tires
  • 20-Inch x 9.0-Inch Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels
  • 5-Additional Gallons of Gas
  • Hydro-Blue Pearl-Coat Exterior Paint
  • Customer Preferred Package 2TZ
  • Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group
  • 8-Speed Automatic 850RE Transmission

Sticker Price: 46,905
FCA FP/Military/Misc discount : 4,690
Retail Bonus Cash : 2,500
National Retail Consumer Cash : 1,500
Total : $38,215, ~18.5% off of my math is right

Also got wheel-to-wheel side steps and spray in bed liner added by dealer. The internet ad said it had the keyless tailgate control which I KNEW was an error, so I horse traded my disappointment in the lack of the tailgate control for the bed liner and running boards. They told me best they could do was a drop-in bed liner. I told them if they wouldn’t do a spray-in, keep the drop in liner and give me my keyless tailgate function as advertised.......

RAM trucks list the running boards as a $745 option and the bed liners run about $450. If you factor those in, that’s another 2.5% value added for a total of 21% under

95454A61-A50E-43FE-B318-629D75B4CA6A.jpeg

Last edited:

Surfnurse311

Reaction score
1st time new buyer, looking at a fully loaded night edition 21 ram 1500 limited 4x4 long bed I'm in Florida hunting for a factory build. . I have the FCA affiliate discount and asked to see all other fees that be and of course there is a $800 pre delivery fee, $250 electronic filing fee, and doc handling fee $200. found out about FL statute 501.976 ("The advertised price must include all fees or charges that the customer must pay, including freight or destination charge, dealer preparation charge, and charges for undercoating or rustproofing.) Not sure if FL statute is relative to situation. is that an easy out negotiating away the pre delivery fee since destination fee is on the build pricing? def gona try negotiate the other fees as well. Quote for truck is 63k (applicable incentives added on date of purchase) + tax and fees a grand total of $67,217. out the door... msrp $71,420= ("dealer discount =$61,634")+ (1250 of fees)+($3823 at 6% taxes). I wana figure out how to get this down a lot more. other quotes where even worse. Hoping i can get the "pre delivery fee & electronic fee dropped... opinions? also should get the FFA 500$ discount and hopin for the 1500 off. gona call fca number to see whats applicable.

187penguin

Reaction score
1st time new buyer, looking at a fully loaded night edition 21 ram 1500 limited 4x4 long bed I'm in Florida hunting for a factory build. . I have the FCA affiliate discount and asked to see all other fees that be and of course there is a $800 pre delivery fee, $250 electronic filing fee, and doc handling fee $200. found out about FL statute 501.976 ("The advertised price must include all fees or charges that the customer must pay, including freight or destination charge, dealer preparation charge, and charges for undercoating or rustproofing.) Not sure if FL statute is relative to situation. is that an easy out negotiating away the pre delivery fee since destination fee is on the build pricing? def gona try negotiate the other fees as well. Quote for truck is 63k (applicable incentives added on date of purchase) + tax and fees a grand total of $67,217. out the door... msrp $71,420= ("dealer discount =$61,634")+ (1250 of fees)+($3823 at 6% taxes). I wana figure out how to get this down a lot more. other quotes where even worse. Hoping i can get the "pre delivery fee & electronic fee dropped... opinions? also should get the FFA 500$ discount and hopin for the 1500 off. gona call fca number to see whats applicable.
I just bought a vehicle using the FCA program. Unless you have an EP number, don’t expect much. An FP number seems to only get a few hundred knocked off compared to the dealers advertised internet prices. Based on my recent FCA experience, if you can beat a dealers advertised internet price by anything, you are doing pretty well.

WReckeR

Reaction score
2021 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab
MSRP $69,335
Discount $7,500
Rebates $3,500
Doc Fee $399
15.3% off MSRP...and...0% interest!

Let's look at this another way...balance after taxes and a $95 fee, $63,185.33. Let's say you make a 10% down payment.
Then you finance $56,866.80. Let's use a finance rate of 3.5%. You pay $5,233 in interest. At 0% you DON'T pay $5,233.

If you DID finance at 3.5%, your total paid (cost + interest) is $68,419. So, if you wanted to figure out a price negotiated from MSRP equivalent to 0%,
let's increase the discounts until you pay $63,185.33 AFTER the interest on a 3.5% loan. That would require an additional $4500 discount.

So, if you had a $12,000 discount, and still the $3,500 rebate and $399 doc fee, the deal improves to 21.8%.

So, for this deal, 0% is about equal to another 6.5% off of a 3.5% loan.

If you don't take the 0%, or it's unavailable, you'll have to work much harder.

Of course, there are other options. Some are getting lower interest rates. Some make bigger down payments. Some pay the full amount in cash. All will save that finance charge.

WReckeR

Reaction score
My dealer agreed to another $1000 off but said he would have to use coupons from a limited supply.
I wanted to close in person on the 30th, but he said no, that's too late, the coupons will be gone by then.
I said, can't I put down a deposit, surely you can set aside these coupons if you have a firm deal with deposit?
Nope. Okay, never heard of this before. He said, we will have to overnight the paperwork to you, then you
can fill it out and overnight it back. Hmm...seems simple enough.

But then I got to thinking. If there is *anything* wrong I see when I arrive, I cannot back out. I've signed the papers.
I don't have any recourse. It's kind of risky, no? I suppose I would have some kind of legal recourse if I obtained some
kind of proof of the problem that they refused to fix. Theoretically of course. Scratches or dents, a 12" UConnect that wasn't
working, any other parking lot damage. The quote says the vehicle has 15 miles on it, which is normal.

I'm just trying to make sure I've covered my bases. I've never done this in the mail before, but this is 9+ hours from home.

Any advice or experience? Overthinking it?

86grand

Reaction score
Finally found a good deal on a new Longhorn that had everything I wanted besides the bigger tank like i had on the Limited and tow package. It has the trailer brake controller and the trailer camera wiring kit. I didn't really need a new truck but for a 2021 4WD vs my 2019 2WD justified upgrading since having 4WD for boat launch or camping is good insurance and getting a good deal on the new truck and decent deal on the old one cost about $14500 with a difference of 10,200 MSRP

MSRP - $71465
Discount - $11,300.46
Rebates -$4000
Bonus cash - $ 1500
Total - $54664.54

Total discount - $16800.46 (about 23.5%)

I had to finance through them and they also has a $999.95 dealer fee but overall was the best deal I could find anywhere locally in Florida. Told them what I was willing to pay from MSRP and didn't care about trade values, dealer discounts, rebates or anything in between the MSRP and my final OTD price and after waiting til the main Finance person was able to properly apply the bonus cash today, I was within $900 of where I wanted to be. Initial offer was not good but took salesman one talk to manager to get me where i wanted to be. Trade in was $39,875 for my 19 Limited KBB trade was a bit higher but (reconditioning fees) lowered the trade but the discounts made it all balance out in the end. Dealer was in Wesley Chapel.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hello!
2021 4x4 Ram 1500 Big Horn 3.6L Quad Cab 6’4” bed bought in Jacksonville FL on Jan 19th, 2021

copied this direct from dealer ad:

• Black / Diesel Gray Interior Colors
  • Front and Rear Rubber Floor Mats by Mopar®
  • 3.55 Rear Axle Ratio
  • Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
  • 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine
  • 50 State Emissions
  • Customer Preferred Package 23Z
  • 275/55R20 BSW All-Season Tires
  • 20-Inch x 9.0-Inch Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels
  • 5-Additional Gallons of Gas
  • Hydro-Blue Pearl-Coat Exterior Paint
  • Customer Preferred Package 2TZ
  • Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group
  • 8-Speed Automatic 850RE Transmission

Sticker Price: 46,905
FCA FP/Military/Misc discount : 4,690
Retail Bonus Cash : 2,500
National Retail Consumer Cash : 1,500
Total : $38,215, ~18.5% off of my math is right

Also got wheel-to-wheel side steps and spray in bed liner added by dealer. The internet ad said it had the keyless tailgate control which I KNEW was an error, so I horse traded my disappointment in the lack of the tailgate control for the bed liner and running boards. They told me best they could do was a drop-in bed liner. I told them if they wouldn’t do a spray-in, keep the drop in liner and give me my keyless tailgate function as advertised.......

RAM trucks list the running boards as a $745 option and the bed liners run about $450. If you factor those in, that’s another 2.5% value added for a total of 21% under
Sweet...fellow Jacksonviller here!

RussTBus

Reaction score
I'm in Eastern NC and it seems I've been through 4 dealers, but not close to the kind of deals you guys are pulling. I'm looking at a 21 2500 Tradesman with an MSRP of $49,395. The best they're able to do, with rebates, is $45,500. I was able to get them $500 up on the trade rather than off the truck, but I'm right at 8% off MSRP including rebates/incentives (which aren't much). Am I expecting too much on a Tradesman maybe?
For anyone interested on this... I finally went to the dealership and they showed me the POC. I’m getting employee pricing, basically.

Users who are viewing this thread