5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Everywhere else I went wanted 4k+ for a 72mo/100k B2B warranty. It covers everything front to back except tires and brake pads. I don’t know anyone personally who has paid less for one around here.
Get genuine officially-authorized extended warranty by Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans, products of FCA US LLC (formerly Chrysler Group), at greatly discounted pricing. These two sites have the lowest prices on Extended Warranty/Service Contacts. Buy from them unless you can get your dealer to beat or at least match their price on factory plans.
Chrysler Factory Warranty - Currently forum sponsors - LINK
Zeigler Factory Plans - Usually the lowest price with code PAYINFULL - LINK

Rich51

Reaction score
Thought I’d look at trading my 2019 Bighorn in for a 2021 Longhorn ecodiesel. Was looking for your thoughts on if this is a good deal. MSRP on new truck is $74,635 they are down to $62,135 otd. Then offered me $34000 for my trade. Didn’t run my credit so I think they are using 6.9 apr right now but see I see they should be offering 0% for 60. Wondering if $28,135 with 0% APR at 60 months and my trade was a good deal.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thought I’d look at trading my 2019 Bighorn in for a 2021 Longhorn ecodiesel. Was looking for your thoughts on if this is a good deal. MSRP on new truck is $74,635 they are down to $62,135 otd. Then offered me $34000 for my trade. Didn’t run my credit so I think they are using 6.9 apr right now but see I see they should be offering 0% for 60. Wondering if $28,135 with 0% APR at 60 months and my trade was a good deal.
On face value, your deal sounds very solid at $62K OTD! If you’re taking incentives, you can’t get 0%.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
6-7% under invoice (+ rebates) seems to be the best I can find.

Attachments

• BBCD133B-1773-44FC-A9ED-314F23E91346.png
    BBCD133B-1773-44FC-A9ED-314F23E91346.png
    276.1 KB · Views: 69

cmerrillmx

Reaction score
I just joined this forum and am excited for my new truck and to learn more from all of you. Wish I'd used this during the buying process, which is always a bit unsettling. Hopefully I got the best deal possible with the end of year promotions and employee pricing. Here are the details:

2021 RAM 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4x4
Granite Crystal
5.7 etorque
Level 1 Equipment group
Bed utility group

MSRP - $65,085
Employee price - $56,897
Rebates - $4000 ($1500 Honda rebate, $1000 everyone rebate, $500 everyone rebate, $500 US News rebate, $500 from dealership)
Final price = $52,897 (18.7% off MSRP)
They gave me $1000 more for my trade than the other dealerships were offering too. And I financed myself 60 months @ 1.89APR (all dealerships confirmed that using FCA financing would add some other rebates but forfeit the employee pricing discount of $8188).

I will miss my 2013 Laramie that was loaded pretty nicely and was always good to me for the 65K miles (purchased new for about 20% off MSRP). Definitely some nice features on the new one and hope to have another 8 years of reliability.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
6-7% under invoice (+ rebates) seems to be the best I can find.

That is a good deal. Make sure you include all non government mandated fees in that 7%. You can always contact some GM's to see if they want to beat your best price. This is usually most successful at the end of the month.

Last edited:

heavyliftset

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been lurking a bit and decided to join. I'm strongly considering buying a 2021 Ram Rebel. I had to wait to purchase as I was in the process of a refinance on my home and didn't want to mess with my credit. I see a lot of folks are talking pricing off of MSRP with final prices all over the place. From what I can tell the invoice price of a stock crew cab Rebel is $48,820 (https://www.iseecars.com/car/2021-ram-1500-price) so I'd work off of that.

I don't want to waste a lot of time with my local dealer in Denver and don't really want to travel for a truck (but could if there's a strong argument for total savings).I'd like the 0% which is still being offered, and I have the $1500 coupon from Dodge.

Any advice on what would be a good price on a rebel like this? If I had a good basis to negotiate with now that incentives are off I can work with the local dealer. FYI, prior to the employee discount going away the price was $50,576 with no other discounts applied yet.

Thoughts?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Been lurking a bit and decided to join. I'm strongly considering buying a 2021 Ram Rebel. I had to wait to purchase as I was in the process of a refinance on my home and didn't want to mess with my credit. I see a lot of folks are talking pricing off of MSRP with final prices all over the place. From what I can tell the invoice price of a stock crew cab Rebel is $48,820 (https://www.iseecars.com/car/2021-ram-1500-price) so I'd work off of that.

I don't want to waste a lot of time with my local dealer in Denver and don't really want to travel for a truck (but could if there's a strong argument for total savings).I'd like the 0% which is still being offered, and I have the $1500 coupon from Dodge.

Any advice on what would be a good price on a rebel like this? If I had a good basis to negotiate with now that incentives are off I can work with the local dealer. FYI, prior to the employee discount going away the price was $50,576 with no other discounts applied yet.

Thoughts?
Ask the dealer to see the factory invoice. You need to also look at the options and what they cost, so your logic is very flawed. If you are asking me whether I think that the deal you linked to is good or not...I would say it $ucks!

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
looking at a 2021 factory order for a Rebel (i feel like this trim has less markdowns for some reason). i'm not sure how much room for negotiation there is there, especially now with end of year sales over. MSRP $68,000 sale price $60,679 minus any rebates at time of delivery. think that's a fair deal?

Edit: FWP $63,662

heavyliftset

Reaction score
Thanks. No I wasn't asking if it was a good deal. But what sort of deal you think I should drive for now that incentives and all that are changing. Prices seem to be all over the board so am trying to gauge what's "good" for under invoice, with incentives, etc.

broken_vet

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thoughts?
I worked with Dennis Dillon to get their best price on a custom order, but they were slow getting back to me on a trade value, so I was able to get Brandon Dodge up in the Denver area to beat Dennis Dillon's 6% below invoice, and an excellent trade value. Guy I worked with at Brandon Dodge is Connor. I wouldn't bother with Christopher Dodge or Autonation up there. They straight out said that they couldn't get close to that price.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thoughts?

Employee Pricing is 5% off invoice plus $200. If you can get 6% or more off, before incentives/rebates, that would be good. Check out this link for lots of good information on buying your Ram.

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
looking at a 2021 factory order for a Rebel (i feel like this trim has less markdowns for some reason). i'm not sure how much room for negotiation there is there, especially now with end of year sales over. MSRP $68,000 sale price $60,679 minus any rebates at time of delivery. think that's a fair deal?
I think you can do much better. That's only a few thousand off of factory invoice.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you can do much better. That's only a few thousand off of factory invoice.
they are basically matching employee pricing even though it's a factory order and that deal isn't available anymore. i felt like that wasn't too bad. i have no gauge now that employee pricing for all deal is over.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
For Rich51-
We need a little more info on your current BH to see what the used trade value is, like mileage and condition. Of course it is heavily market dependant. A 4x in Florida is less of a need than in Minnesota... yeah it’s obvious but still, the market does react to certain options Being present or not. Like up in farm/ranch country the dealers don’t even stock anything not 4x and without a tow package...

Do you really need an ecodiesel? What’s the expected usage? Do you trade every 2-3 years? Lots to think about. (We are good at spending other peeps money here).

Me, if the trade was fair (NADA average or Edmunds) and you want a new truck or just have the extra $$ to use (a 2019 is still pretty new), then lease or buy what makes you happy. If you think that the redesigned gen 3 ecodiesel is still unproven then maybe lease.

And as a price comparison, here’s my local dealer’s offerings:

Maybe that gives you an idea of a competing region/dealer.

AK103

Reaction score
On face value, your deal sounds very solid at $62K OTD! If you’re taking incentives, you can’t get 0%.

This isn't accurate.
You CAN get incentives with 0% - You cannot get rebates with 0%.

I got $3000 in incentives and 0%.

Users who are viewing this thread