5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I have updated this a few times since the original post. Here is the latest one.

This is a work in progress. Please reply with any additional strategies and information. Use this link to see the most up to date version
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how-to-get-the-best-price-on-your-new-ram.26103/

With differing degrees of work you can get a good to great price on your new truck. We will start with the discounted price on the truck and cover rebates/incentives at the end.

Easy Method

For those who do not want to put in much effort use just the Affiliate Pricing Program. You will get 1% below Invoice Pricing (FWP) and any available incentives/rebates.

Check to see if your employer is part of the Affiliate Pricing Program LINK
If not join Access Fund for $50 - LINK
or
Tread Lightly for $100 - LINK
You must join 30 days before you take possession of the vehicle. This works at any dealership.

You can find invoice pricing for your model and all factory options at one of these websites.
NADA Guides - LINK
Car Connection - LINK

Get a Lower Price

Now that we know anyone can easily get 1% off the factory invoice this can be a starting point to negotiation for those willing to put in the work.
Make email contact with as many dealerships as possible and ask them for their best price. Go to websites and look for contacts for Sales Manager, Internet Sales Manager or Fleet Manager if possible. Those in the internet and fleet departments are used to giving lower prices than the general salesmen. Some fleet departments will not work with an individual and will pass you off. Looking for high volume dealers in adjacent states can often get you lower prices.

Rebates/Cash Incentives

There are other nationwide and local rebates and incentives available in addition to the ones below. For those doing a factory order only the rebates/incentives available when the truck arrives will be applied.

You can often get a rebate by going to ramtrucks.com and giving them your email. It is a popup so turn off you ad/popup blocker. If you don't get it try a different device or browser.

BonusDrive $250 Rebate - You or someone in your household must own, lease, or trade in a vehicle that is not a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, or Fiat. You do not need to be an Allstate customer for this - LINK

Membership Cash Incentives

PenFed - $1000 (does not combine with military $500) LINK
Future Farmers of America (FFA) - $500 LINK
National Association of Realtors - $500 + Mopar Vehicle Protection package LINK
SAM's Club (shows up sometime after using their car search) - $500 LINK
More Offers currently including Military Personnel $500, First Responder Personnel $500, and DriveAbility Disability Assistance $1000 LINK
Ram Incentives & Rebates List LINK
USAA no longer offers cash incentives.

You can call FCA Incentives at 1-800-227-0757 to help you figure out which rebates you can use. Helpfulness varies on who you talk to.

Volume Dealers

These are some dealers known to give out low offers. If distance is a problem you can do a "fly & drive", have it shipped, or use the numbers to negotiate locally.
Criswell in Maryland LINK
Koons in Virginia LINK
Dennis Dillon in Idaho LINK
Lakeland in Florida LINK
Mark Dodge in Louisiana LINK

Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge is offering members of this forum great pricing.
Cell 318-792-1220 (text is great)
[email protected]

Extended Warranty/Service Contacts

Get genuine officially-authorized extended warranty by Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans, products of FCA US LLC (formerly Chrysler Group), at greatly discounted pricing. These two sites have the lowest prices on Extended Warranty/Service Contacts. Buy from them unless you can get your dealer to beat or at least match their price on factory plans.
Chrysler Factory Warranty - Currently forum sponsors - LINK
Zeigler Factory Plans - Usually the lowest price with code PAYINFULL - LINK

The Best Time to Buy Your Ram

This link has advice on when you are likely to get the best price on your new truck. LINK

Here are some excellent links on how to save the most money.

Surprising tips for car shopping in Internet age LINK
This forums thread "Price negotiated from MSRP" LINK
Five-part investigative series on car buying LINK
Why Invoice is the New MSRP LINK

Last edited:

heavyliftset

Reaction score
I worked with Dennis Dillon to get their best price on a custom order, but they were slow getting back to me on a trade value, so I was able to get Brandon Dodge up in the Denver area to beat Dennis Dillon's 6% below invoice, and an excellent trade value. Guy I worked with at Brandon Dodge is Connor. I wouldn't bother with Christopher Dodge or Autonation up there. They straight out said that they couldn't get close to that price.
Thanks. If you have their info please pass along.

Dumb question but can bonus cash be used if you get 0%?

Great post Silentbob. Do you know how Costco pricing compares to Affiliate pricing?

Last edited:

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Do you know how Costco pricing compares to Affiliate pricing?
I do not know the exact details on Costco pricing. I do know that, like most programs, you can get lower pricing through negotiation.

Get a Costco quote and see how much below invoice it is before rebates and incentives and let us know your experience.

86grand

Reaction score
Employee Pricing is 5% off invoice plus $200. If you can get 6% or more off, before incentives/rebates, that would be good. Check out this link for lots of good information on buying your Ram.
It will be interesting to see what the deals are now that people are getting. From what I've seen, most the prices at the dealers I was interested in for Florida went up around $2-3k on their advertised prices. Hopefully the inventory starts getting a little better without the avg truck MSRP of 73-75k. Im gonna keep looking for deals, but will most likely order what I want in a few months if the end of this month is no better and feb doesnt offer better incentives

AK103

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what the deals are now that people are getting. From what I've seen, most the prices at the dealers I was interested in for Florida went up around $2-3k on their advertised prices. Hopefully the inventory starts getting a little better without the avg truck MSRP of 73-75k. Im gonna keep looking for deals, but will most likely order what I want in a few months if the end of this month is no better and feb doesnt offer better incentives

Where in Florida are you?
I'm in South Florida, I just picked up my ordered truck from Lakeland yesterday.
7% under invoice (Plus incentives)

But you're right, dealers down here are utterly terrible. The dealers in South Florida are worse than used car salesman.
You won't find a deal down here. They cater to an older crowd that walks off the street and pays close to MSRP.

heavyliftset

Reaction score
Ok, my employee pricing can get my to 14.6% under MSRP. If they add the $1500 bonus cash it would be close to 17%. If I'm doing my math right it's 10% under invoice price with features. Not bad for a starting price I think. Do you think I can get more?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have updated this a few times since the original post. Here is the latest one.

This is a work in progress. Please reply with any additional strategies and information. Use this link to see the most up to date version
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how-to-get-the-best-price-on-your-new-ram.26103/

With differing degrees of work you can get a good to great price on your new truck. We will start with the discounted price on the truck and cover rebates/incentives at the end.

Easy Method

For those who do not want to put in much effort use just the Affiliate Pricing Program. You will get 1% below Invoice Pricing (FWP) and any available incentives/rebates.

Check to see if your employer is part of the Affiliate Pricing Program LINK
If not join Access Fund for $50 - LINK
or
Tread Lightly for $100 - LINK
You must join 30 days before you take possession of the vehicle. This works at any dealership.

You can find invoice pricing for your model and all factory options at one of these websites.
NADA Guides - LINK
Car Connection - LINK

Get a Lower Price

Now that we know anyone can easily get 1% off the factory invoice this can be a starting point to negotiation for those willing to put in the work.
Make email contact with as many dealerships as possible and ask them for their best price. Go to websites and look for contacts for Sales Manager, Internet Sales Manager or Fleet Manager if possible. Those in the internet and fleet departments are used to giving lower prices than the general salesmen. Some fleet departments will not work with an individual and will pass you off. Looking for high volume dealers in adjacent states can often get you lower prices.

Rebates/Cash Incentives

There are other nationwide and local rebates and incentives available in addition to the ones below. For those doing a factory order only the rebates/incentives available when the truck arrives will be applied.

You can often get a rebate by going to ramtrucks.com and giving them your email. It is a popup so turn off you ad/popup blocker. If you don't get it try a different device or browser.

BonusDrive $250 Rebate - You or someone in your household must own, lease, or trade in a vehicle that is not a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, or Fiat. You do not need to be an Allstate customer for this - LINK

Membership Cash Incentives

PenFed - $1000 (does not combine with military $500) LINK
Future Farmers of America (FFA) - $500 LINK
National Association of Realtors - $500 + Mopar Vehicle Protection package LINK
SAM's Club (shows up sometime after using their car search) - $500 LINK
More Offers currently including Military Personnel $500, First Responder Personnel $500, and DriveAbility Disability Assistance $1000 LINK
Ram Incentives & Rebates List LINK
USAA no longer offers cash incentives.

You can call FCA Incentives at 1-800-227-0757 to help you figure out which rebates you can use. Helpfulness varies on who you talk to.

Volume Dealers

These are some dealers known to give out low offers. If distance is a problem you can do a "fly & drive", have it shipped, or use the numbers to negotiate locally.
Criswell in Maryland LINK
Koons in Virginia LINK
Dennis Dillon in Idaho LINK
Lakeland in Florida LINK
Mark Dodge in Louisiana LINK

Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge is offering members of this forum great pricing.
Cell 318-792-1220 (text is great)
[email protected]

Extended Warranty/Service Contacts

Get genuine officially-authorized extended warranty by Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans, products of FCA US LLC (formerly Chrysler Group), at greatly discounted pricing. These two sites have the lowest prices on Extended Warranty/Service Contacts. Buy from them unless you can get your dealer to beat or at least match their price on factory plans.
Chrysler Factory Warranty - Currently forum sponsors - LINK
Zeigler Factory Plans - Usually the lowest price with code PAYINFULL - LINK

The Best Time to Buy Your Ram

This link has advice on when you are likely to get the best price on your new truck. LINK

Here are some excellent links on how to save the most money.

Surprising tips for car shopping in Internet age LINK
This forums thread "Price negotiated from MSRP" LINK
Five-part investigative series on car buying LINK
Why Invoice is the New MSRP LINK

PenFed link doesn’t work

DE185503-5B47-4E4F-914D-02673623C502.png

86grand

Reaction score
Where in Florida are you?
I'm in South Florida, I just picked up my ordered truck from Lakeland yesterday.
7% under invoice (Plus incentives)

But you're right, dealers down here are utterly terrible. The dealers in South Florida are worse than used car salesman.
You won't find a deal down here. They cater to an older crowd that walks off the street and pays close to MSRP.
I'm in Hernando county right near Tampa so Lakeland isn't too far. That is probably what I will do is order soon if I cant make a good deal. Lakeland showed a black night edition limited but was still over 60k. I'm not in a huge rush since all I'm really wanting that mine doesn't have is 4wd

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I just joined this forum and am excited for my new truck and to learn more from all of you. Wish I'd used this during the buying process, which is always a bit unsettling. Hopefully I got the best deal possible with the end of year promotions and employee pricing. Here are the details:

2021 RAM 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4x4
Granite Crystal
5.7 etorque
Level 1 Equipment group
Bed utility group

MSRP - $65,085
Employee price - $56,897
Rebates - $4000 ($1500 Honda rebate, $1000 everyone rebate, $500 everyone rebate, $500 US News rebate, $500 from dealership)
Final price = $52,897 (18.7% off MSRP)
They gave me $1000 more for my trade than the other dealerships were offering too. And I financed myself 60 months @ 1.89APR (all dealerships confirmed that using FCA financing would add some other rebates but forfeit the employee pricing discount of $8188).

I will miss my 2013 Laramie that was loaded pretty nicely and was always good to me for the 65K miles (purchased new for about 20% off MSRP). Definitely some nice features on the new one and hope to have another 8 years of reliability.
What did you get for your trade at 65k miles?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ok, my employee pricing can get my to 14.6% under MSRP. If they add the $1500 bonus cash it would be close to 17%. If I'm doing my math right it's 10% under invoice price with features. Not bad for a starting price I think. Do you think I can get more?
Great deal...you can always try to get more. But, if you're happy with the deal, do it!

AK103

Reaction score
I'm in Hernando county right near Tampa so Lakeland isn't too far. That is probably what I will do is order soon if I cant make a good deal. Lakeland showed a black night edition limited but was still over 60k. I'm not in a huge rush since all I'm really wanting that mine doesn't have is 4wd

I'll give you my Lakeland's contact info -
I just picked up my Limited order from there this Monday!

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
I do not know the exact details on Costco pricing. I do know that, like most programs, you can get lower pricing through negotiation.

Get a Costco quote and see how much below invoice it is before rebates and incentives and let us know your experience.
It is confusing. I have used RAM website, NADA and Costco to try to get the best deal on a build. On RAM my build prices out at about $57-$58K with about $3,000 in rebates/incentives when you look at the pricing tab. NADA said invoice is about $53K and MSRP is at around $55K. I priced out Costco yesterday and the Costco provided link and was at a little over $46K invoice and a little over $50K MSRP (see attached Costco pricing). Prior to yesterday I was at $51K with a couple dealers. Will need to go back to them with the Costco info from yesterday.

Attachments

• 18A5FAF3-367B-41D4-BC6D-9D90F4D0F981.png
    18A5FAF3-367B-41D4-BC6D-9D90F4D0F981.png
    215.5 KB · Views: 27

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
It is confusing. I have used RAM website, NADA and Costco to try to get the best deal on a build. On RAM my build prices out at about $57-$58K with about $3,000 in rebates/incentives when you look at the pricing tab. NADA said invoice is about $53K and MSRP is at around $55K. I priced out Costco yesterday and the Costco provided link and was at a little over $46K invoice and a little over $50K MSRP (see attached Costco pricing). Prior to yesterday I was at $51K with a couple dealers. Will need to go back to them with the Costco info from yesterday.
My suggestion is to take all of this with a grain of salt. I would ONLY use Costco to get a baseline and nothing more. Costco deals are crap and anyone that can negotiate can do FAR better. If you have found a truck you like, ask to see the factory invoice...they will show it to you and you'll have the true baseline along with holdback and advertising money that can be seen on the invoice as well.

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
My suggestion is to take all of this with a grain of salt. I would ONLY use Costco to get a baseline and nothing more. Costco deals are crap and anyone that can negotiate can do FAR better. If you have found a truck you like, ask to see the factory invoice...they will show it to you and you'll have the true baseline along with holdback and advertising money that can be seen on the invoice as well.
I am gathering numbers together so best I can, have some bargaining power. What I want is going to have to be a factory build/order so that takes some of the bargaining power away.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am gathering numbers together so best I can, have some bargaining power. What I want is going to have to be a factory build/order so that takes some of the bargaining power away.
Totally understand...but if you can find something locally close by, ask to see the factory invoice and take a pic of it with your phone. That will give you most all of the data you need.

kooz21

Reaction score
I'll give you my Lakeland's contact info -
I just picked up my Limited order from there this Monday!
We picked up on the same day, LOL! Probably walked right by each other.

Users who are viewing this thread