5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

DaEvo8Dood

Reaction score
That is correct. It's on the sticker. This is not to mention the $849 processing fee.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Deals are still working... 73,245 MSRP with an OTD price of $52,500... 20,300 for my trade(I owe 11,xxx)

They have Installed packages :
NSD appearance protection: $399.00
NSD etch: $299.00
KAHU GPS: 699.00

I want to be $50k OTD and taking these off gets me in between their 52.5 and my 50...

Chris
What was your deal BEFORE OTD including destination? In over words, what was the bottom line selling price BEFORE tax, title, tags, fees and trade? It's very difficult to tell how good your deal is with trades and other fees in the equation.

diyram

Reaction score
New member here, this seems like a great community.

I am currently in the market and have really taken a liking to the Limited trim.... my goal is to get to 50k OTD before taxes on a Stock limited with only a panoramic roof added on.. think this is possible or just wishful thinking. I’m in the northeast if that matters any.

I’ve read through the thread and it seems like the beginning of january is not a good time to go truck shopping.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Currently working this deal on a 2020 2500 Laramie diesel. Listed at $64200 + destination + outrageous processing fee. I am completely lost on % off MSRP. Can anyone analyze?

EDIT: Wrong picture
So...my take:
1. MSRP $74,380
2. Selling price before all of the BS $62,000.77

Assuming no fuzzy math with the destination charge, 16.6% off MSRP...very solid deal but can probably get closer to 18%...maybe even 20% if you push a bit harder. Look at the destination charge as it may be double counted in your pic as the sticker has that built in already.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
New member here, this seems like a great community.

I am currently in the market and have really taken a liking to the Limited trim.... my goal is to get to 50k OTD before taxes on a Stock limited with only a panoramic roof added on.. think this is possible or just wishful thinking. I’m in the northeast if that matters any.

I’ve read through the thread and it seems like the beginning of january is not a good time to go truck shopping.
Have you found a truck that meets your criteria? What's wrong with January?

NA&CH

Reaction score
What was your deal BEFORE OTD including destination? In over words, what was the bottom line selling price BEFORE tax, title, tags, fees and trade? It's very difficult to tell how good your deal is with trades and other fees in the equation.
58 adjusted price. 11k off approx.

Chris

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
58 adjusted price. 11k off approx.

Chris
So, if you owe $11K on a $20K trade, then you are getting another $9K off not $11K off so $58K sounds low based on your numbers. If $58K is somehow "accurate", that would put you at a 20.8% discount off of MSRP, but not sure your numbers are right. In addition, the GPS crap...etching and appearance dollars should be negated off the deal...you don't have to pay for them, nor do you want them!

NA&CH

Reaction score
So I have been working two deals.
The one for the 72,345 truck fell apart at the end. They gave me a 50k otd number and never took the trade pay off. After we spoke several times about my pay off. Limited 4x4 night mft ram box etc
The other
69,905 4x2 limited night pano rambox no mft. They are stuck at 50k I offered 48k otd price. I am willing to do 49k. This is without my trade

Chris

279B1DBA-4574-4E6B-8F63-3E5FA47E5587.jpeg

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
So I have been working two deals.
The one for the 72,345 truck fell apart at the end. They gave me a 50k otd number and never took the trade pay off. After we spoke several times about my pay off. Limited 4x4 night mft ram box etc
The other
69,905 4x2 limited night pano rambox no mft. They are stuck at 50k I offered 48k otd price. I am willing to do 49k. This is without my trade

Chris
16% deal...not bad but not great.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I’ll buy my next RAM there. While I liked Kville, they weren’t quite that good. Some crawfish broil in LA right now sounds pretty good too.
Me too, but will be a few years. Will either be them or Van Horn which is about an hour away. Depends on shipping costs and what Vroom will offer on my trade (tax advantages trading in).

diyram

Reaction score
Have you found a truck that meets your criteria? What's wrong with January?

none of the stock limited’s that i’ve seen have the pano roof in my area... there are quite a few with 61k MSRP listed at ~ 54k.. the ones i see with pano roofs are pushing 70k MSRP so i don't consider them.

my plan is to jump on it when i see one pop up with the pano roof that is otherwise Stock.

I’ll keep looking. i sat in a a Limited today and it was pretty amazing, i would have made an offer if not for the missing pano.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
none of the stock limited’s that i’ve seen have the pano roof in my area... there are quite a few with 61k MSRP listed at ~ 54k.. the ones i see with pano roofs are pushing 70k MSRP so i don't consider them.

my plan is to jump on it when i see one pop up with the pano roof that is otherwise Stock.

I’ll keep looking. i sat in a a Limited today and it was pretty amazing, i would have made an offer if not for the missing pano.
Interesting in that I would have preferred not to have the PANO roof as it's expensive and I NEVER use it. Never once opened the one on my 2019 in 2 years and doubt I'll open this one either. I couldn't find a Limited without one anywhere.

diyram

Reaction score
Interesting in that I would have preferred not to have the PANO roof as it's expensive and I NEVER use it. Never once opened the one on my 2019 in 2 years and doubt I'll open this one either. I couldn't find a Limited without one anywhere.
Yeah i’ve heard that from people before. i have had a sun roof in every vehicle i’ve owned. I am surprised its not standard on the limited tbh

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
My 18 month old loves the sunroof. I would spend the extra money on it again and again. Has that extra luxury feel a premium vehicle should have. Not necesssrily a truck, but a luxury vehicle yes.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My 18 month old loves the sunroof. I would spend the extra money on it again and again. Has that extra luxury feel a premium vehicle should have. Not necesssrily a truck, but a luxury vehicle yes.
Not sure I am following you here as I can get a sunroof in a $20K Hyundai, KIA, Toyota, etc. Not sure a sunroof is considered a "luxury" item:unsure:

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Not sure I am following you here as I can get a sunroof in a $20K Hyundai, KIA, Toyota, etc. Not sure a sunroof is considered a "luxury" item:unsure:
What is the average price point of vehicles with panoramic roofs? There are less expensive vehicles with it yes, but its never a base model.

If thats your logic why own any newer vehicle when theres almost always a cheaper one offering the same capabilities or features. Perhaps an early 2000 Audi A8l W12 with a fridge and what not.

Venom700

Reaction score
This is why I got mine from Mark Dodge on a dealer trade. The exact truck I wanted without the pano! They are heavy and also make the truck much hotter in the summer.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
What is the average price point of vehicles with panoramic roofs? There are less expensive vehicles with it yes, but its never a base model.

If thats your logic why own any newer vehicle when theres almost always a cheaper one offering the same capabilities or features. Perhaps an early 2000 Audi A8l W12 with a fridge and what not.
No biggie...agree to disagree...I just don't think of a sunroof, or a pano sunroof as a luxury item as they appear to be the new "norm" now a days with many manufacturers. Your logic on why buy new when there are cheaper options is flawed when what we're talking about here is a roof so you clearly missed my point ;) There are 100 other reasons to buy what I bought besides the roof.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
No biggie...agree to disagree...I just don't think of a sunroof, or a pano sunroof as a luxury item as they appear to be the new "norm" now a days with many manufacturers. Your logic on why buy new when there are cheaper options is flawed when what we're talking about here is a roof so you clearly missed my point ;) There are 100 other reasons to buy what I bought besides the roof.
Doesnt matter that you do not think it is a luxury item. Base vehicles do not offer a panoramic roof, higher optioned vehicles do. If so facto - luxury item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/