5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

grafnburgz

Reaction score
Got it...it must be related to the Ram Boxes and not trucks without.
Yes. I have a Rambox. Which just happened to come with the vehicle. Not an option I would've picked, but hey, I was willing to go with it. It's an overall minor issue that's fixable. I just wasn't aware the "black rails" would be impossible to find a tonneau cover that fits. Sorry I wasn't clear on my original posting about tonneau cover that I had the Rambox. My 2019 without any Rambox I had no issues picking any cover out there as it didn't have any rails and rails were included when I ordered the cover. With my 2021 with Rambox, no matter which cover I search into (and there's not many that'll work with Ramboxes), they all specify that they will not work with black rails.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Good luck sir. It took alot of work to get that deal. They had to shoot me the best deal they had because I was literally sitting in the chair at another dealership when I received a text with a signed deal sheet. I got up and told the people I had to walk because they've just given me an offer I couldn't decline.
Good for you! Love seeing this.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I should have mentioned this yesterday or at least earlier today. If you have been shopping for a non-factory order truck now is the time to buy. Take your best offers and contact General Managers today! If they still need sales to meet their yearly quota they may very well offer you a huge discount. If you don't have any decent offers to go on, tell them you want 25% to 30% off MSRP, you pick the number. You only have today and tomorrow to do this. If all the dealers near you have met their quota they may not budge.

More information why this works here:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I should have mentioned this yesterday or at least earlier today. If you have been shopping for a non-factory order truck now is the time to buy. Take your best offers and contact General Managers today! If they still need sales to meet their yearly quota they may very well offer you a huge discount. If you don't have any decent offers to go on, tell them you want 25% to 30% off MSRP, you pick the number. You only have today and tomorrow to do this. If all the dealers near you have met their quota they may not budge.

More information why this works here:
Yep...that's how it works and great advice!

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Actually, this year, you have until January 4th. The dealers don't want to lose out on the weekend, so they are keeping year end specials available all weekend, in many places. But, I wouldn't wait until Sunday to start playing the negotiation game.

I didn't need to buy my truck when I did, but the percentage I got off of MSRP was about what the deals were pre-Covid, so I didn't think I'd do much better. By holding out, I might have saved another $1000, but I could've also lost all deals as inventory diminishes. I'm satisfied getting 19% off MSRP in early December

skibrec

Reaction score
Got it today

2021 Ram 1500 Laramie - Sport Package | Tech Group | Bed Utility | Adv. Safety | Laramie 2 | 5.7L Hemi eTorque

$66K Sticker
$48ish before Taxes, Tags, Shipping and dealer fee

Very happy with deal. Only wish it had the larger gas tank and maybe smaller wheels with more tire, but all in all a nice looking truck and a pleasure to drive

Thanks to this site/forum, I was able to go in there with some great knowledge of what they're selling for. Also, I'm sure end of year helped. No off to get a Tonneau and may some mud guards.

Attachments

• IMG_20201230_104745_01.jpg
    IMG_20201230_104745_01.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 50

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Got it today

2021 Ram 1500 Laramie - Sport Package | Tech Group | Bed Utility | Adv. Safety | Laramie 2 | 5.7L Hemi eTorque

$66K Sticker

Very happy with deal. Only wish it had the larger gas tank and maybe smaller wheels with more tire, but all in all a nice looking truck and a pleasure to drive

Thanks to this site/forum, I was able to go in there with some great knowledge of what they're selling for. Also, I'm sure end of year helped. No off to get a Tonneau and may some mud guards.
Beautiful truck. Congrats.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Actually, this year, you have until January 4th. The dealers don't want to lose out on the weekend, so they are keeping year end specials available all weekend, in many places. But, I wouldn't wait until Sunday to start playing the negotiation game.

I didn't need to buy my truck when I did, but the percentage I got off of MSRP was about what the deals were pre-Covid, so I didn't think I'd do much better. By holding out, I might have saved another $1000, but I could've also lost all deals as inventory diminishes. I'm satisfied getting 19% off MSRP in early December
It has nothing to do with the dealers. The factory sets the quotas, most often they are monthly, quarterly, and yearly. It is possible that the end of the year quota ends on Jan 4th but I doubt it. The factory doesn't care about the weekend. This coming weekend will be on next years quota. End of year sales will continue. Big discounts from the General Manager to reach their quota will most likely end Dec 31st. To know more about how this works check out these links: LINK1 LINK2

DSTJ99

Reaction score
Got it today

$66K Sticker

Amazing deal and great truck. If the Limiteds had those wheels as an option I would have went for 22’s but stuck with 20’s instead not being a fan of the limited 22” wheels. Really hate how manufacturers limit wheel styles to different trims/packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Got it today

$66K Sticker

So, what you are saying is that you paid $48ish plus destination so really around $49,700 - $50,000? That would make far more sense as a 27% off MSRP deal just sounds too good to be real! Even 25% is pushing that limit.

Last edited:

skibrec

Reaction score
So, what you are saying is that you paid $48ish plus destination so really around $49,700 - $50,000? That would make far more sense as a 27% off MSRP deal just sounds too good to be real! Even 25% is pushing that limit.
$53,400 out the door

I figure the price before the Taxes and things is the number I worry about, state taxes and fees are different by state. Also, got 1.99% for 72 months through my credit union.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
$53,400 out the door

I figure the price before the Taxes and things is the number I worry about, state taxes and fees are different by state. Also, got 1.99% for 72 months through my credit union.
You always include destination in the purchase price...all else, as you stated, is moot as it differs by state and even county.

skibrec

Reaction score
You always include destination in the purchase price...all else, as you stated, is moot as it differs by state and even county.
Again, I'm pretty happy with the overall deal and how things went at the dealer. Said goodbye to my 2015 JKU, but damn this trunk is a nice drive. Can't wait for a road trip.

I know this is off-topic, but do folks recommend air deflectors? - PM if you you like - thanks

Peloton

Reaction score
Just shopped 3 dealers today for a 2021 Limited with msrp of between 65-70k. All of them were stuck on Employee pricing which seems between 14%-17% off msrp.
Junk fees vary a lot in the central FL mkt and the trade value were wide range too. Will keep pushing tomorrow but was hoping the end of the year would have been better prices. Anyone had a similar experience?

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Just shopped 3 dealers today for a 2021 Limited with msrp of between 65-70k. All of them were stuck on Employee pricing which seems between 14%-17% off msrp.
Junk fees vary a lot in the central FL mkt and the trade value were wide range too. Will keep pushing tomorrow but was hoping the end of the year would have been better prices. Anyone had a similar experience?

From reading this thread it seems that, other than Lakeland, dealerships in Florida are not known for good pricing. If you can find one that needs your business to meet their yearly quota you might get lucky.

86grand

Reaction score
From reading this thread it seems that, other than Lakeland, dealerships in Florida are not known for good pricing. If you can find one that needs your business to meet their yearly quota you might get lucky.
Not much left for Limited and Longhorns left in central Florida other than some 2WD night editions and 2020's with tow group. Most of the ones I've contacted wont give prices unless at dealership too.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Not much left for Limited and Longhorns left in central Florida other than some 2WD night editions and 2020's with tow group. Most of the ones I've contacted wont give prices unless at dealership too.
If you can't get a good deal before the 1st it may be time to factory order from Lakeland or one of the other dealerships known for discounting.

Volume Dealers

These are some dealers known to give out low offers. If distance is a problem you can do a "fly & drive" or use the numbers to negotiate locally.
Criswell in Maryland LINK
Koons in Virginia LINK
Dennis Dillon in Idaho LINK
Lakeland in Florida LINK
Mark Dodge in Louisiana LINK

Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge is offering members of this forum great pricing.
Cell 318-792-1220 (text is great)
[email protected]

Last edited:

86grand

Reaction score
If you can't get a good deal before the 1st it may be time to factory order from Lakeland or one of the other dealerships known for discounting.
I'm not in a huge rush since my 2019 still has really low miles and everything i want other than 4WD which would come in useful for boat ramp or taking the kid camping occasionally without as much risk of getting stuck or really really wet. Lakeland and Airport(which I'm guessing is partnered with Lakeland) has a nice 4WD night edition but they just raised the price and don't respond to emails. Waiting too hear back from them and Ferman on a Longhorn. Will call both later and see if they wanna make a deal.

Peloton

Reaction score
I'm not in a huge rush since my 2019 still has really low miles and everything i want other than 4WD which would come in useful for boat ramp or taking the kid camping occasionally without as much risk of getting stuck or really really wet. Lakeland and Airport(which I'm guessing is partnered with Lakeland) has a nice 4WD night edition but they just raised the price and don't respond to emails. Waiting too hear back from them and Ferman on a Longhorn. Will call both later and see if they wanna make a deal.

Airport was one I went to and they had the highest pricing by 3% over the closest competitor. Hope Lakeland is better

NA&CH

Reaction score
I am working with Capecoral Ram and Naples Ram currently. Ivory or bright white is the problem I am having :D... I am going to work with the nmumbers here but 25% off msrp is that what people are getting? Currently sitting at 55(with 11k tradein) on a 71k limited.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread