5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

DSTJ99

Reaction score
Here is my deal on a 2021 Limited.

MSRP - $72495
EP - $63,379
They gave me another $3,000 unspecified.
Total - $60,379

So about 17% off sticker

I didn’t qualify for anything and cash deal. I noticed the color of the truck changes in the type of lighting.

I picked up the same color and really like it so far. Unfortunately the one option I couldn’t find among the cars I looked at as the painted bumper. I like the chrome but the monochromatic look is better IMO
7fa01a6800b252bc5aa2ae6fe0b4e2aa.jpg

fa182715ecf2b8e2a14061af08686cd3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jneto9508

Reaction score
About to purchase a 2020 Rebel with Rebel lvl 1 package with 29,000 miles
$39,200
anyone thing is decent of a deal ? Market value is $41,900
Original MSRP $54,870

grafnburgz

Reaction score
Hi folks.
Giving a datapoint.

2021 Ram 1500 Limited, 10 miles on odometer.

MSRP 73695
Price before TT&L 57000
There initial offer was for $60,000 which is 13695 off (including regional rebates). I had a direct mailer from Chrysler/Ram for additional $2500 off on top of current incentives. When I showed up they gave me $500 off for financing. Price was good regardless if I had trade or not.
(They did give me KBB for trade on a 24 month old 2019 Ram 1500 Limited which BTW has very reasonable depreciation).

No dealer add-ons. Small typical dealer fees for documentation. No tint, wheel locks, nitrous, Lojack or random crap.

Love the new ride with new options I didn't have before, hate the stupid included tonneau cover w/ black rails.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
About to purchase a 2020 Rebel with Rebel lvl 1 package with 29,000 miles
$39,200
anyone thing is decent of a deal ? Market value is $41,900
Original MSRP $54,870

Personally I would pay a little more and go new or used low mileage. 29k on a 2020 is brutal. Shop around I’m sure you can find a new one with a good % off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

steveg1009

Reaction score
I've got the following offer from a dealer for a loaded 2021 Limited Night edition, cash deal
  • MSRP: $73,900
    • Employee pricing: $9,295
    • Rebates: $3500
      • $1,000 manufacturers cash (automatically applied by the dealership)
      • $500 conquest (leasing a chevy in the family)
      • $500 (business owner in the family)
      • $1,500 manufacturers coupon (ram website coupon)
  • Offered Price $61,105

• Out the Door Cost: $65,393.06
    • Offered Price $61,105
    • Taxes (MA 6.25%): $3,819.06
    • Doc Fees: $$299.00
    • Registration fees: $170.00
Do you think the dealer has any wiggle room? I wanted to get them closer to 20% below MSRP or below $60,000

Jofu

Reaction score
Love the new ride with new options I didn't have before, hate the stupid included tonneau cover w/ black rails.
Hello there! How come you don’t like it? If I ever pull the trigger on an order, I was thinking of including that, but would like to know if it has a drawback :)

Thanks!

Geoff

steveg1009

Reaction score
Hi folks.
Giving a datapoint.

MSRP 73695
Price before TT&L 57000
There initial offer was for $60,000 which is 13695 off (including regional rebates). I had a direct mailer from Chrysler/Ram for additional $2500 off on top of current incentives. When I showed up they gave me $500 off for financing. Price was good regardless if I had trade or not.
(They did give me KBB for trade on a 24 month old 2019 Ram 1500 Limited which BTW has very reasonable depreciation).

No dealer add-ons. Small typical dealer fees for documentation. No tint, wheel locks, nitrous, Lojack or random crap.

Great deal, congrats

Sounds like I have about the same specs (MSRP of $73,900) but my dealer offered $61,105, so looks like I'll have to visit a few more dealers to see what they can do

grafnburgz

Reaction score
Hello there! How come you don’t like it? If I ever pull the trigger on an order, I was thinking of including that, but would like to know if it has a drawback :)

Thanks!

Geoff
So, what I did not know was that when you buy a Night edition or any truck that already has the tonneau cover on it, you get the black rails instead of the silver rails. The black rails are specific to THAT cover. None of the aftermarket tonneau covers will mount onto the black rails. They all expect you to have the silver rails. This topic is very well covered on these forums after I searched the problem. So... before you buy, check out the cover first to see if you really like soft covers that stick up a little bit. If not, then expect to pay around $260 for a set of silver rails to change out, in addition to whatever you wanted to spend for your aftermarket cover.

grafnburgz

Reaction score
Great deal, congrats

Sounds like I have about the same specs (MSRP of $73,900) but my dealer offered $61,105, so looks like I'll have to visit a few more dealers to see what they can do
Good luck sir. It took alot of work to get that deal. They had to shoot me the best deal they had because I was literally sitting in the chair at another dealership when I received a text with a signed deal sheet. I got up and told the people I had to walk because they've just given me an offer I couldn't decline.

Shonuff1977

Reaction score
I've got the following offer from a dealer for a loaded 2021 Limited Night edition, cash deal
  • Offered Price $61,105

• Offered Price $61,105
Do you think the dealer has any wiggle room? I wanted to get them closer to 20% below MSRP or below $60,000
You can always ask them to go lower and see what they say. I got a similar deal for my limited night edition and took it. Cash deal too.

Edit - not sure which dealer you are working with. If its not Foss motors in NH, give them a call and see what they can do for you. They had at least one other limited night edition on the lot when I was there this weekend. If nothing else you might be able to leverage their number to get yourself a better deal. Personally I thought 16.5% off MSRP was pretty good so I ran with it.

Shonuff1977

Reaction score
Hi folks.
Giving a datapoint.

MSRP 73695
Price before TT&L 57000

That is a really good deal. What part of the country are you in?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
  • Offered Price $61,105

• Offered Price $61,105
There is always wiggle room, but your deal is a solid deal. It's all about how far you are willing to "push" them before you feel good enough to sign the papers.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
So, what I did not know was that when you buy a Night edition or any truck that already has the tonneau cover on it, you get the black rails instead of the silver rails. The black rails are specific to THAT cover. None of the aftermarket tonneau covers will mount onto the black rails. They all expect you to have the silver rails. This topic is very well covered on these forums after I searched the problem. So... before you buy, check out the cover first to see if you really like soft covers that stick up a little bit. If not, then expect to pay around $260 for a set of silver rails to change out, in addition to whatever you wanted to spend for your aftermarket cover.
I have a Night Edition, but I'm not sure I am following you here???

Last edited:

j_drew

Reaction score

I think the issue was with the Rambox aftermarket tonneau covers not fitting, right?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think the issue was with the Rambox aftermarket tonneau covers not fitting, right?
I have a NIGHT EDITION that came with the factory tonneau cover, but no RAM BOXES. I see no issues as to why my truck would need anything done to put on any type of tonneau cover? I sold my factory tonneau cover to another guy buying a RAM the day I bought mine. It fit right onto his truck with ZERO issues and we were both happy.

j_drew

Reaction score
I have a NIGHT EDITION that came with the factory tonneau cover, but no RAM BOXES. I see no issues as to why my truck would need anything done to put on any type of tonneau cover? I sold my factory tonneau cover to another guy buying a RAM the day I bought mine. It fit right onto his truck with ZERO issues and we were both happy.

I'm not 100% sure. I remember a buddy of mine complaining about this with his 4th gen Rebel w/ the Rambox

It seems like it's discussed here. Rambox w/ black rails might have an issue with aftermarket covers

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure. I remember a buddy of mine complaining about this with his 4th gen Rebel w/ the Rambox

It seems like it's discussed here. Rambox w/ black rails might have an issue with aftermarket covers
Got it...it must be related to the Ram Boxes and not trucks without.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I’m sure this question has been asked ad nauseum on this forum but what truly is the best time of the year to buy? Memorial Day, when the next year models come out, Black Friday, end of year, other?

I don’t have the funds right now but hoping to gain enough in the next few months to pull the trigger by Memorial Day if possible

The best time to buy a truck could be at anytime, depending on many factors, but the below information can give you an idea of when that is likely.

As a general rule, the best deals on new cars are tied to dealership and manufacturer sales targets. Once a dealership reaches a monthly/quarterly/yearly goal they are paid a bonus for each vehicle sold during that period. If they meet these goals they will be paid at least three more times on your purchase. The closer you are to these milestones, the more likely you are to find a better deal that moves inventory faster. In order of preference, the best time to buy a car is the end of the year followed by the end of the quarter and end of the month. You can find out more about this with these links LINK1 LINK2

Best Months to Buy a Truck
October through December tends to offer the best discounts.
May through September are the other months that bring relatively better discounts.
The least discounted months to buy a car are January through April.

Best Holidays to Buy a Truck
Holiday sales events are also a great time to buy a new truck. These sales are usually linked to discounts as well as special financing and rebates. In addition to the December holiday season, Memorial Day weekend, the 4th of July, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Black Friday, and New Year's Eve often feature special sales and incentives.

The Worst Time to Buy a Truck
Avoid making a deal for that new or used truck at the beginning of the month. Just as the end of the month is the best time because sellers want to make month-end deals, they have less incentive in the early part of the month to slash prices. Another poor choice is buying at the start of a model year. Dealers typically won't offer discounts for new models, but if you want a truck from the previous model year, you might be in luck.

Similarly, don't expect good deals on vehicles in high demand or when a newly designed model comes out. If you want one, plan to pay a premium price for it. What are some of the worst holidays to buy a truck? Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Easter Sunday.

I gleaned this information from Consumer Reports, Edmunds, Truecar, and other sources.

Users who are viewing this thread