5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Kurtislowe68

Reaction score
Finally got my Ram delivered today from Mark Dodge! Here's the details of the deal I got-

2021 Laramie Crew Cab SB 4x4
Night Edition / Level 2
Power boards / Sunroof / Rambox

Total MSRP: $64,130
Dealer Discount: $14,250
Rebates: $3,500 (Includes $1,500 code from ram website)
Final Sale Price: $46,380 - 27.7% off MSRP

Invoice is about $59,150 I believe, about 21.6% off that (15.7% off excluding rebates)

I pretty much paid the advertised price on their website, only differences were a $750 regional rebate I didn't qualify for and then my $1500 off code. I'm glad I stumbled upon these guys, the deal was way better than anything else around here that I could find. Working with them from afar was really smooth and shipping it to me was only $1000 (still a way better price even after that).
I’m glad you were able to make a deal with Mark Dodge, I’m from Louisiana and think I was the first to post about them on here, maybe not but I’ll take credit for it!!! They really blew everyone out with their prices. Only thing that bothered me was the financing rate they gave me, but you save $500 for financing with them and then I just refinanced with my credit union after deal was made. I hope everyone will at least look them up before buying, best prices I’ve seen in my tristate area.

rtslab

Reaction score
I’m glad you were able to make a deal with Mark Dodge, I’m from Louisiana and think I was the first to post about them on here, maybe not but I’ll take credit for it!!! They really blew everyone out with their prices. Only thing that bothered me was the financing rate they gave me, but you save $500 for financing with them and then I just refinanced with my credit union after deal was made. I hope everyone will at least look them up before buying, best prices I’ve seen in my tristate area.
For Mark Dodge, do they offer competitive price for trucks on their lots or do they also have good deal for factory orders?

Kurtislowe68

Reaction score
For Mark Dodge, do they offer competitive price for trucks on their lots or do they also have good deal for factory orders?
I really don’t know the answer to that, I know their prices are hard to beat for the trucks on the lot. I would just call and talk to them. I can’t remember the general managers name right off hand. I’ll look back thru my papers and see if I can find it.

enigmaaron

Reaction score
Finally got my Ram delivered today from Mark Dodge! Here's the details of the deal I got-

Night Edition / Level 2

Invoice is about $59,150 I believe, about 21.6% off that (15.7% off excluding rebates)

I pretty much paid the advertised price on their website, only differences were a $750 regional rebate I didn't qualify for and then my $1500 off code. I'm glad I stumbled upon these guys, the deal was way better than anything else around here that I could find. Working with them from afar was really smooth and shipping it to me was only $1000 (still a way better price even after that).
That sounds like a great deal. Might have to go this route instead of ordering. How far are you from them and how long did it take for them to ship the truck to you?

AxileAspen

Reaction score
Just called Chrysler Incentive Assistance Center today and it seems they're sweetening their offer for 2021 RAM 1500 buyers. For National Consumer Retail Bonus Cash(21CM1V), they bumped it up from $750 to $1000. For Chrysler Captial 2021 bonus cash(20CM5), it is bumped up from $500 to $750.
21CM1V is the Non-Prime Retail Bonus Cash ... so probably not something people browsing this topic are going to qualify for.

jsteinm1

Reaction score
I didn't ask, my last truck was totaled so I didn't want to wait on an order. Worth giving them a ring to find out I'd say.

I really don’t know the answer to that, I know their prices are hard to beat for the trucks on the lot. I would just call and talk to them. I can’t remember the general managers name right off hand. I’ll look back thru my papers and see if I can find it.
I contacted the sales manager Aaron off their staff page. Someone else in this thread had mentioned him, he was good to work with.

That sounds like a great deal. Might have to go this route instead of ordering. How far are you from them and how long did it take for them to ship the truck to you?
I'm just shy of 1000 miles. First contacted them Thursday morning and had the truck in my driveway mid afternoon Tuesday. Shipping was $1000 for me, they thought $800 would be enough but might take a few days to get someone to pick it up for that price. I'm without a vehicle so the extra $200 was well worth it to me.

dandick

Reaction score
I saw this topic and thought I’d look to see if I got a good deal or not. I didn’t realize it was 521 pages, so I’m just going to post my pricing info and see what happens.

I bought a 2020 Limited on 24 November 2020.
Sticker price was $69,365.00.
I paid $58,945.50. This price included all rebates and the $749.50 “administrative fee”. I did not have to pay any taxes (yet), since I bought it out of state (NC) and will be registering here (VA) myself. I think that’s about an 18 percent discount.

slatersan

Reaction score

Night Edition / Level 2

Screaming deal. Well done.

enigmaaron

Reaction score
I'm just shy of 1000 miles. First contacted them Thursday morning and had the truck in my driveway mid afternoon Tuesday. Shipping was $1000 for me, they thought $800 would be enough but might take a few days to get someone to pick it up for that price. I'm without a vehicle so the extra $200 was well worth it to me.
That’s pretty quick. Hell they’ve got Limiteds listed with all the options I want for about the same price I got quoted around here to order a Laramie without air suspension or the 12” screen. Maybe I should just keep an eye on their inventory the next month or so instead of waiting for an ordered truck.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
That’s pretty quick. Hell they’ve got Limiteds listed with all the options I want for about the same price I got quoted around here to order a Laramie without air suspension or the 12” screen. Maybe I should just keep an eye on their inventory the next month or so instead of waiting for an ordered truck.

I ended up with a limited because if large discounts and had everything i wanted smd then some.

West coastish has limiteds for low to mid 50s for sales.

slatersan

Reaction score
IF it's got what you want at a price you like. the prevailing wisdom is 'move on it.'

enigmaaron

Reaction score
IF it's got what you want at a price you like. the prevailing wisdom is 'move on it.'
I like the price he got on a Laramie even better, lol. But now I'm thinking I might like a Limited for the same price I was willing to swallow on a Laramie. My current truck is on a lease and not up till end of March so I have time. Wondering if rebates/incentives might be better in January/February?

ramfanatic

Reaction score
Those rates are the TrueCar rates through PenFed. I honestly don't know much about TrueCar but to my understanding, it's a car buying service. I don't think that's an option for me given that I've ordered the vehicle. But maybe I'm wrong?

The non-TrueCar PenFed rate is 2.89% @ 60 months a 2.74 @ 48 months.
I would shop around for financing. With a 840 score you could get everyone's best rate. Credit unions seem to offer the best. My local credit union is offering 1.99% for 60 months with a $200 cash bonus.

HAL9001

Reaction score
I have a couple of questions concerning trade-ins for those who order RAMs.

Did your dealer offer you a firm price for your trade upfront, or did they say that they couldn't give you a set price for your trade until your truck arrived 6-12 weeks later?

Also, how much below Kelly Blue Book/Edmunds fair retail value did they offer you for your trade?

Grouper

Reaction score
I would shop around for financing. With a 840 score you could get everyone's best rate. Credit unions seem to offer the best. My local credit union is offering 1.99% for 60 months with a $200 cash bonus.
I went with 2.89% @ 60 months from PenFed. Not too interested in having multiple inquiries to my credit.

I'll pay it off much sooner than 60 months, so I won't pay much interest.

jsteinm1

Reaction score
I like the price he got on a Laramie even better, lol. But now I'm thinking I might like a Limited for the same price I was willing to swallow on a Laramie. My current truck is on a lease and not up till end of March so I have time. Wondering if rebates/incentives might be better in January/February?

I had one dealer (not Mark) when I was searching in November tell me to get something before January. I mentioned waiting to see what the Dec incentives looked like and they thought Ram would want to finish the year strong but pull everything in January. Obviously they don't know what Ram will do and this market is unlike any others with Covid, but just passing that along. Also- like someone else said if you see what you want get it. It worked out better for me getting this truck from Mark, but I watched two Laramie Night Editions near Chicago for about $49k sell in the same weekend as I was trying to get a quote on them; I was pretty bummed at the time about that.

AK103

Reaction score
I went with 2.89% @ 60 months from PenFed. Not too interested in having multiple inquiries to my credit.

I'll pay it off much sooner than 60 months, so I won't pay much interest.

Can you get PenFed directly from the dealer?
Or you went straight to PenFed?

rtslab

Reaction score
21CM1V is the Non-Prime Retail Bonus Cash ... so probably not something people browsing this topic are going to qualify for.
What does non-prime here really mean? When I called Chrysler incentive center and asked them who would be qualified for non-prime cash bonus, the rep told me everyone should be qualified for it.

slatersan

Reaction score
If that is a real price on that limited and you were ready to play that for a Laramie but would like a limited instead, buy it. As for "I wonder if incentives will be better In Jan/Feb"...maybe a touch, but seems unlikely to be as good as that specific deal given the last 6 month track record. Lease or not, trade ins on used trucks are very good right now. You're likely in a very good position on your lease.

Again, IF that is a real price on that limited, I wouldn't wait. IF it's real, it won't last very long at all.

Users who are viewing this thread