5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

HAL9001

Reaction score
Penfed's new auto rates are 1.39% for 36 months, 2.14% 60 months, 2.49% 72 months. There is also a $1K bonus you can use from Penfed that Koons will honor. You could probably finance through Chrysler Capital, not at 0%, but for a few points higher to get an additional $500 incentive, and then refinance with Penfed after 3 months to get their lower rate.
I'm new here so could someone please explain how to get the Penfed $1K bonus. Does this require financing? What's the catch?

emings

Reaction score
Most dealers make excellent profits. The dealers in my area will not go below invoice for my build so they're keeping the full holdback of around $1500 as profit. The high-volume dealers get better holdbacks for selling more vehicles, so they still profit as well even selling for less. Plus, if you trade in your existing vehicle, dealers generally make about $2-3K selling the newer trades. Plus, they'll get all the money from servicing the vehicle whether FCA pays while under warranty or whether you pay afterward.
The key words there is high volume dealers many dealers in the United States are not high volume dealers

Streetsweeper

Reaction score
Anyone notice the black friday discounts this year were not nearly as competitive as 2019? Texas was 25% off MSRP last year for 2019 & 2020 models. This year, employee pricing which was not even close

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Here are some sources of good offers. Are there others that typically come in any lower?

Criswell in Maryland LINK
Koons in Virginia LINK
Dennis Dillon in Idaho LINK
Lakeland in Florida LINK
Mark Dodge in Louisiana LINK

rtslab

Reaction score
Just called Chrysler Incentive Assistance Center today and it seems they're sweetening their offer for 2021 RAM 1500 buyers. For National Consumer Retail Bonus Cash(21CM1V), they bumped it up from $750 to $1000. For Chrysler Captial 2021 bonus cash(20CM5), it is bumped up from $500 to $750.

emings

Reaction score
Anyone notice the black friday discounts this year were not nearly as competitive as 2019? Texas was 25% off MSRP last year for 2019 & 2020 models. This year, employee pricing which was not even close
Lack of inventory

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

This is the point many of us have been making throughout this thread, this year isn't like any other and there's not going to be any significant factory discounts. Individual dealers here and there yes but not like truck month in Jan-March 2020 or last year

heelz

Reaction score
This is the point many of us have been making throughout this thread, this year isn't like any other and there's not going to be any significant factory discounts. Individual dealers here and there yes but not like truck month in Jan-March 2020 or last year
What have the incentives and discounts looked like historically throughout the year. I just started looking mid-November.

Streetsweeper

Reaction score
What have the incentives and discounts looked like historically throughout the year. I just started looking mid-November.
Southwest region was 25% off MSRP, other regions were 20% for the most part. Absurdly competitive and you really don't need to negotiate anything at that kind of markdown

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
NJ and NY dealers all suck and wouldnt come close to invoice to even match koons or criswell....they would rather pass up a sale if they cant make some money.....dont forget theres a 2k holdback they are getting regardless....plenty of room for them to bargain.....i even found some that balked at affiliate pricing...so screw them.
Where did you get your truck? I’m from Long Island and got my last 2 from Merrick and have one on order now.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Progressively worse since April.
March was $8-8500 in rebates on most trims, April dropped to $2-2500 on Limiteds/Longhorns and Bighorns had the /have had the biggest rebates since.
What they look like now it what they have looked like since april give or take $500, usually take.. Every month people wait for the "new" rebates hoping to see a new big number and its usually the same or less than the previous month.

I had my truck at $48K in March at 2 dealers with little effort but I stupidly gambled that covid would drive prices down. It didn't, dorve the prices up as some predicted. Finally in July a dealer that I had been working with in March called and made me an offer on a Limited that I had previously negotiated to 48k + TTL for $54,7 out the door, I took it because prices weren't going where I hoped they would. Since I took that offer, rebates have stayed the same, the only deals right now are dealers trying to move 20's and they aren't dealing that much on them. Why? Look at all the "I got my new truck" posts here, they dont need to

baccigalup

Reaction score
Always have your financing figured out before going to the dealership. That way they have to beat your best deal. Call FCA about the zero percent financing offer to see if you qualify. If you do then find out what incentive they are applying that will not let you take advantage of that rate. They should have told you if they are applying anything that prevents you from using any rebates/incentives you qualify for.

FYI - Always make sure the discount the dealer is offering does not include any incentives or rebates you can get for yourself. Get it in writing.
Yes to financing and go with your check in hand..i never had a dealership tell me they dont do wire transfers till now...i had pre approved financing ready to go with wire transfer....because the check was overnighted and not in hand, the dealer forced me to fill out an application for a hold contract...they state it will be ripped up and not submitted if they get the check by today..this is a horrible tactic to get people to apply for financing through their bank and i would have walked away if i was not so far away from home and pre ordered my truck...have your finances ready and in hand.

Thanks but that's all to my point. With an 840+ credit score and no debt, I know I qualify for 0%.

The point is that the originally quoted price of FWP minus 6.5% will not be honored with 0%, which I'm only finding out about today. I just got a reply from Craig and by my math, the selling price with CCAP 0% for 60 months will be (roughly) FWP - 3.15%.

The original price of FWP - 6.5% will be honored only with CCAP of whatever ridiculous rate they offer or outside financing, or cash.
Fca changed the incentives in dec..i got two diff answers when i called incentives but ultimately the deal from craig is a group buy rate and this was excluded from zero percent...these incentives are all bullcrap in my opinion...overpriced vehicles with carrots dangled to make it look like we are getting bargains...some dealers are greedier than others but you should be able to get a 12 to 17 percent off msrp on an average deal. Hard to get by me unless they are starving.

Where did you get your truck? I’m from Long Island and got my last 2 from Merrick and have one on order now.
I got mine from craig at koons va...
He will spend the time with you and articulate everything you need...you are getting a group buy and he is the only one doing them besides chriswell for what looks like the east coast, so most dealers wont come close to price...guy is busy all the time. He was very good to work with and he seems attentive to whatever i ask him.no complaints with him.
Do all your negotiating up front.there was little room to make headway with the trade and they hold the price your getting over your head for it..its a volume dealership...i never saw a manager like most places and if you have all your prices and knowledge beforehand you can get a good deal..i drove from nj.

My truck is a 2021 laramie..night edition..pretty loaded except for air susp and trailer tow and offroad

Msrp 69085
6.5 percent. 59584
Ram bonus cash 1500
Mazda lease conquest 500
Roughly about 16 to 17 percent off msrp. Before taxes

Attachments

• 20201208_110543.jpg
    20201208_110543.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 27

rtslab

Reaction score
Yes to financing and go with your check in hand..i never had a dealership tell me they dont do wire transfers till now...i had pre approved financing ready to go with wire transfer....because the check was overnighted and not in hand, the dealer forced me to fill out an application for a hold contract...they state it will be ripped up and not submitted if they get the check by today..this is a horrible tactic to get people to apply for financing through their bank and i would have walked away if i was not so far away from home and pre ordered my truck...have your finances ready and in hand.

Fca changed the incentives in dec..i got two diff answers when i called incentives but ultimately the deal from craig is a group buy rate and this was excluded from zero percent...these incentives are all bullcrap in my opinion...overpriced vehicles with carrots dangled to make it look like we are getting bargains...some dealers are greedier than others but you should be able to get a 12 to 17 percent off msrp on an average deal. Hard to get by me unless they are starving.

I got mine from craig at koons va...
He will spend the time with you and articulate everything you need...you are getting a group buy and he is the only one doing them besides chriswell for what looks like the east coast, so most dealers wont come close to price...guy is busy all the time. He was very good to work with and he seems attentive to whatever i ask him.no complaints with him.
Do all your negotiating up front.there was little room to make headway with the trade and they hold the price your getting over your head for it..its a volume dealership...i never saw a manager like most places and if you have all your prices and knowledge beforehand you can get a good deal..i drove from nj.

My truck is a 2021 laramie..night edition..pretty loaded except for air susp and trailer tow and offroad

Msrp 69085
6.5 percent. 59584
Ram bonus cash 1500
Mazda lease conquest 500
Roughly about 16 to 17 percent off msrp. Before taxes
Do you mind shareing your promotion code for that $1500 Ram bonus cash? I called Chrylser incentive center and I was told there is just one called national consumer retail bonus cash for Dec. which is $1000. If you finance through Chrylser capital, you get another $750. Those are all incentives available for entire Dec. for 2021 Ram 1500.

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Finally got my Ram delivered today from Mark Dodge! Here's the details of the deal I got-

2021 Laramie Crew Cab SB 4x4
Night Edition / Level 2
Power boards / Sunroof / Rambox

Total MSRP: $64,130
Dealer Discount: $14,250
Rebates: $3,500 (Includes $1,500 code from ram website)
Final Sale Price: $46,380 - 27.7% off MSRP

Invoice is about $59,150 I believe, about 21.6% off that (15.7% off excluding rebates)

I pretty much paid the advertised price on their website, only differences were a $750 regional rebate I didn't qualify for and then my $1500 off code. I'm glad I stumbled upon these guys, the deal was way better than anything else around here that I could find. Working with them from afar was really smooth and shipping it to me was only $1000 (still a way better price even after that).

rtslab

Reaction score
Finally got my Ram delivered today from Mark Dodge! Here's the details of the deal I got-

Night Edition / Level 2

Invoice is about $59,150 I believe, about 21.6% off that (15.7% off excluding rebates)

I pretty much paid the advertised price on their website, only differences were a $750 regional rebate I didn't qualify for and then my $1500 off code. I'm glad I stumbled upon these guys, the deal was way better than anything else around here that I could find. Working with them from afar was really smooth and shipping it to me was only $1000 (still a way better price even after that).
This is a great deal! Where can I get find that $1500 code from ram website?

baccigalup

Reaction score
Do you mind shareing your promotion code for that $1500 Ram bonus cash? I called Chrylser incentive center and I was told there is just one called national consumer retail bonus cash for Dec. which is $1000. If you finance through Chrylser capital, you get another $750. Those are all incentives available for entire Dec. for 2021 Ram 1500.
Its tied to your name and email. Cant use it twice or stack them...i got it going on the ram website and getting a red popup after many tries..dont know if guys are still getting it or not. Try the bottom menu and view incentives..disable your popup blocker..its a small red box

baccigalup

Reaction score

Night Edition / Level 2

Thats a great deal...not too many can get that

jsteinm1

Reaction score
This is a great deal! Where can I get find that $1500 code from ram website?
I've gotten it to open in Chrome on Android and in edge I'm Windows. Have to let ramtrucks .com fully load. Pm me your first last, email and zip and I'll send a code to you. I still have it opened from earlier today when I was trying to help someone else and see how to get it to pop up.

rtslab

Reaction score
Thats a great deal...not too many can get that

I've gotten it to open in Chrome on Android and in edge I'm Windows. Have to let ramtrucks .com fully load. Pm me your first last, email and zip and I'll send a code to you. I still have it opened from earlier today when I was trying to help someone else and see how to get it to pop up.
Thank you! Just PM'd you.

Users who are viewing this thread