5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Total

Reaction score
Great truck! For pop up cash, my dealer told me the Dec. incentives is actually 2500. Here is what they sent to me. Did you ask them if this $2500 cash bonus is also available? or $1500 pop up cash bonus is something else?

Employee/Retiree - OEM/Dealership Offer : $2,500 cash back on select 2021 RAM 1500​

That is not available based on my zip code. The only cash allowance I get based on my zip code is $500 if I finance through Chrysler Capital (just checked on ram website). Sadly, I didn't get this $500 because it wasn't there when I took delivery on Friday 12/4/20. I called ram to check for incentive that day prior getting to the dealership and there wasn't any incentive besides from 0% apr.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Hey, SB. I appreciate the recommendations. But to be be clear, Dillon is in ID; Criswell in MD; Koons in VA; and Lakeland in FL. Do I have that right? I looked at the Criswell website and they make factory orders seem pretty easy...they offer 12% off MSRP + Incentives. I guess whether or not that is a good deal would depend on the Incentives.
Build the truck you want and send it to all four for a price quote. Ask if there are any other fees or charges besides TTL. Take the lowest offer and see if the other three dealers (and locals) will beat it.

Grouper

Reaction score
Always have your financing figured out before going to the dealership. That way they have to beat your best deal. Call FCA about the zero percent financing offer to see if you qualify. If you do then find out what incentive they are applying that will not let you take advantage of that rate. They should have told you if they are applying anything that prevents you from using any rebates/incentives you qualify for.

FYI - Always make sure the discount the dealer is offering does not include any incentives or rebates you can get for yourself. Get it in writing.

Thanks but that's all to my point. With an 840+ credit score and no debt, I know I qualify for 0%.

The point is that the originally quoted price of FWP minus 6.5% will not be honored with 0%, which I'm only finding out about today. I just got a reply from Craig and by my math, the selling price with CCAP 0% for 60 months will be (roughly) FWP - 3.15%.

The original price of FWP - 6.5% will be honored only with CCAP of whatever ridiculous rate they offer or outside financing, or cash.

HAL9001

Reaction score
I had power steps and air suspension for 2 years and not a single issue...what are you afraid of? I have heard very little, if any, issues with either option you mentioned!
With the air suspension in cold climates, water sometimes condenses and freezes inside of the valves. You then have to purge the system with nitrogen which requires special equipment. It's only an issue in cold climates, you're in FL so it shouldn't ever be an issue for you.

HAL9001

Reaction score
1. Go to your local dealer to figure out what you want.
2. Contact some of the dealers on this site who offer reasonable prices by email.
3. Contact 10 - 15 of the nearest dealers by email.
4. Give your original local dealer the chance to meet or beat your best offer by contacting Sales Manager or General Manager.
5. If they will not match give other dealers the opportunity to beat your lowest price.

Other than the first step try and do everything by email if possible. Regular salesmen are the least likely to give you a good price. Try Sales, Internet, or Fleet Managers.
@SlientBob, I did everything on your list. The best I could do so far was $1000 off of invoice in a neighboring state. In-state was invoice only. I did get a good deal from Koons and am now deciding if I want to travel over 1000 miles to make it happen. If it wasn't for Covid I wouldn't hesitate.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
@SlientBob, I did everything on your list. The best I could do so far was $1000 off of invoice in a neighboring state. In-state was invoice only. I did get a good deal from Koons and am now deciding if I want to travel over 1000 miles to make it happen. If it wasn't for Covid I wouldn't hesitate.
Not trying to get political, but to not make a trip based on COVID is crazy. The government wants us all to be scared to death and stay in our homes and has been WAY overblown by the media as well. Don't let "COVID" stop you from doing anything and please don't be a sheeple!

AK103

Reaction score
Thanks but that's all to my point. With an 840+ credit score and no debt, I know I qualify for 0%.

The point is that the originally quoted price of FWP minus 6.5% will not be honored with 0%, which I'm only finding out about today. I just got a reply from Craig and by my math, the selling price with CCAP 0% for 60 months will be (roughly) FWP - 3.15%.

The original price of FWP - 6.5% will be honored only with CCAP of whatever ridiculous rate they offer or outside financing, or cash.

I would do business elsewhere, personally.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

My credit is excellent too (820+). I got 1.84% for 36 months and plan to pay off my loan in full next June after I get my bonus. The finance rates aren't crazy at all, but I was disappointed to learn that, if I took the incentives, I'd lose the 0% option. I ALWAYS like to use other peoples FREE money if possible.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Not trying to get political, but to not make a trip based on COVID is crazy. The government wants us all to be scared to death and stay in our homes and has been WAY overblown by the media as well. Don't let "COVID" stop you from doing anything and please don't be a sheeple!
Lol. Very political.

HAL9001

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with politics at all. I'm in my sixties and have heart disease as well as a blood condition that requires immunosuppressant medication, so I'm in the high-risk category. Catching Covid could be fatal for me as it already has been for over 280,000 others in the US. It's not worth risking my life over a truck when the vaccine will soon be available. That's just simple common sense.

I feel no influence at all from the government, the media, or anyone else. I make up my own mind concerning my health and life based upon facts, nothing the government or anyone else says or does affects me much, if at all. I think most people feel the same and can make up their own minds when it comes to their own lives.

AK103

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with politics at all. I'm in my sixties and have heart disease as well as a blood condition that requires immunosuppressant medication, so I'm in the high-risk category. Catching Covid could be fatal for me as it already has been for over 280,000 others in the US. It's not worth risking my life over a truck when the vaccine will soon be available. That's just simple common sense.

I feel no influence at all from the government, the media, or anyone else. I make up my own mind concerning my health and life based upon facts, nothing the government or anyone else says or does affects me much, if at all. I think most people feel the same and can make up their own minds when it comes to their own lives.

You're doing the right thing.

njt07

Reaction score
Cross posted from a different thread for those in the North Texas area.

Just wanted to plug the dealership I bought at. They played some minor games with my trade in, but did keep to our over the phone deal.

Went to Meador in DFW and worked with Adan and his sales manager Jay. The finance manager managed to get me to buy the Mopar maximum care that I was gonna buy through Zeigler at a markup but threw in oil changes good at any CDJR dealership. I verified this yesterday (cause I was a bit skeptical) at the dealership closest to me, so I figure the cost was a wash.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Quick update...I was given an Essential Care Full Synthetic Oil Change / Tire Rotation package FREE for 4 years by FCA directly based on the runaround I received by their Customer Care Team (they should change that name because they don't care!) on the recalled bumper step. I noticed on the paperwork that for $25, I could transfer it to the new truck so I called the MOPAR CONTRACT people in MI. The call was handled professionally and relatively quickly. Gave them an Odometer Statement from the traded-in RAM and my credit card. BAM...now I have FREE oil Change and tire rotates until February 2024...and I won't even have my now new truck by then...next step is a TRX or a RAPTOR (or maybe even a fully electrified truck) :D Funny how my dealers Finance Director tried to push a maintenance package on me, but I knew better to NEVER buy anything from the Finance guys like warranties, paint protection, undercoating, fabric/carpet protection, wheel hazard protection, etc...BIG RIP-OFF and HUGE money maker for these guys!!!

ramfanatic

Reaction score
The games are beginning. I ordered from Koon's on 9/24. The truck has been delivered to the dealership and I will pick it up in a couple of weeks.

I emailed Craig to verify the rebates that I qualify for ($1500 Bonus Cash, $1000 Conquest and $500 CCAP with 0% for 60 months).

Lo and behold, suddenly as of December (so Craig says), 0% for 60 months cannot be combined with the 6.5% off of FWP price I was quoted.

To be clear, Craig is saying that 0% for 60 months is available, but he will not honor the 6.5% off invoice with that financing rate. I asked what the percentage discount would be if I were to choose the 0% financing rate. He said he'd have to figure it out (I'm waiting for that number).

I also mentioned I'd consider paying cash or financing through PenFed. When I mentioned PenFed, Craig said he could handle that whole process and there would be no need for me to apply for the loan directly through PenFed. This also sounds fishy because there will be no way for me to compare the rate PenFed would offer me directly vs. the PenFed rate offered if applying through the dealership.

I hate games.

EDIT: The price with CCAP 0% for 60 months (and the associated $500 rebate) goes from the quoted FWP - 6.5% to FWP - 3.15%. If it had been disclosed to me at time of ordering that the quoted 6.5% discount from invoice would potentially not be available with promotional financing rates, I probably would not have ordered from Koon's, which is a 12+ hour drive from my home.

The originally quoted FWP - 6.5% will only be honored with CCAP rates of other than 0%, outside financing or a cash sale.

The games are beginning. I ordered from Koon's on 9/24. The truck has been delivered to the dealership and I will pick it up in a couple of weeks.

I emailed Craig to verify the rebates that I qualify for ($1500 Bonus Cash, $1000 Conquest and $500 CCAP with 0% for 60 months).

Lo and behold, suddenly as of December (so Craig says), 0% for 60 months cannot be combined with the 6.5% off of FWP price I was quoted.

To be clear, Craig is saying that 0% for 60 months is available, but he will not honor the 6.5% off invoice with that financing rate. I asked what the percentage discount would be if I were to choose the 0% financing rate. He said he'd have to figure it out (I'm waiting for that number).

I also mentioned I'd consider paying cash or financing through PenFed. When I mentioned PenFed, Craig said he could handle that whole process and there would be no need for me to apply for the loan directly through PenFed. This also sounds fishy because there will be no way for me to compare the rate PenFed would offer me directly vs. the PenFed rate offered if applying through the dealership.

I hate games.

EDIT: The price with CCAP 0% for 60 months (and the associated $500 rebate) goes from the quoted FWP - 6.5% to FWP - 3.15%. If it had been disclosed to me at time of ordering that the quoted 6.5% discount from invoice would potentially not be available with promotional financing rates, I probably would not have ordered from Koon's, which is a 12+ hour drive from my home.

The originally quoted FWP - 6.5% will only be honored with CCAP rates of other than 0%, outside financing or a cash sale.
Penfed's new auto rates are 1.39% for 36 months, 2.14% 60 months, 2.49% 72 months. There is also a $1K bonus you can use from Penfed that Koons will honor. You could probably finance through Chrysler Capital, not at 0%, but for a few points higher to get an additional $500 incentive, and then refinance with Penfed after 3 months to get their lower rate.

Grouper

Reaction score
Penfed's new auto rates are 1.39% for 36 months, 2.14% 60 months, 2.49% 72 months. There is also a $1K bonus you can use from Penfed that Koons will honor. You could probably finance through Chrysler Capital, not at 0%, but for a few points higher to get an additional $500 incentive, and then refinance with Penfed after 3 months to get their lower rate.

Those rates are the TrueCar rates through PenFed. I honestly don't know much about TrueCar but to my understanding, it's a car buying service. I don't think that's an option for me given that I've ordered the vehicle. But maybe I'm wrong?

The non-TrueCar PenFed rate is 2.89% @ 60 months a 2.74 @ 48 months.

emings

Reaction score
Quick update...I was given an Essential Care Full Synthetic Oil Change / Tire Rotation package FREE for 4 years by FCA directly based on the runaround I received by their Customer Care Team (they should change that name because they don't care!) on the recalled bumper step. I noticed on the paperwork that for $25, I could transfer it to the new truck so I called the MOPAR CONTRACT people in MI. The call was handled professionally and relatively quickly. Gave them an Odometer Statement from the traded-in RAM and my credit card. BAM...now I have FREE oil Change and tire rotates until February 2024...and I won't even have my now new truck by then...next step is a TRX or a RAPTOR (or maybe even a fully electrified truck) :D Funny how my dealers Finance Director tried to push a maintenance package on me, but I knew better to NEVER buy anything from the Finance guys like warranties, paint protection, undercoating, fabric/carpet protection, wheel hazard protection, etc...BIG RIP-OFF and HUGE money maker for these guys!!!
I don't buy paint protection, undercoating, fabric/carpet protection, wheel hazard protection myself but I do buy an extended warranty from the dealer most dealer profit comes from the finance department if a dealer never makes a profit how can they stay in business?

HAL9001

Reaction score
I don't buy paint protection, undercoating, fabric/carpet protection, wheel hazard protection myself but I do buy an extended warranty from the dealer most dealer profit comes from the finance department if a dealer never makes a profit how can they stay in business?
Most dealers make excellent profits. The dealers in my area will not go below invoice for my build so they're keeping the full holdback of around $1500 as profit. The high-volume dealers get better holdbacks for selling more vehicles, so they still profit as well even selling for less. Plus, if you trade in your existing vehicle, dealers generally make about $2-3K selling the newer trades. Plus, they'll get all the money from servicing the vehicle whether FCA pays while under warranty or whether you pay afterward.

Users who are viewing this thread