5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

laramie4x4

Reaction score
I'm in south central Minnesota and while I've heard of the volume dealers on the coast (LA, FL, VA), anyone know of a volume dealer closer to my neck of the woods? I'm not entirely opposed to a cross country drive for a good deal but I'd at least like to test the waters closer to me first. Thanks in advance!
get it delivered for roughly $1,000 to your door. only downside is you'll have to handle the registration

vancep

Reaction score
Are you north or south of Nevada. I’m in Reno area, I ended up having to build my truck with DennisDillon in Idaho
What kind of discount did DD give you in Idaho on the build? I've bought a Yukon from them in the past and it was pretty straight forward and pretty good deal i thought

baccigalup

Reaction score
So here is one for you... about 3 weeks ago.. I got an unsolicited email with my own "private code" for $1,000 off. Expires Jan 4th 2021 and is program 39CM2C. This was about a week after ordering my truck at the dealership. I didn't register on any ram sites that I can recall that day.

Then I read all the above, go to the website yesterday and low and behold I get the $1500 off, valid til 1/22/21. program code 43CMW3

Any chance or any information on the ability to utilize both? Damm wouldn't that be sweet!
[/QUOT
So here is one for you... about 3 weeks ago.. I got an unsolicited email with my own "private code" for $1,000 off. Expires Jan 4th 2021 and is program 39CM2C. This was about a week after ordering my truck at the dealership. I didn't register on any ram sites that I can recall that day.

Then I read all the above, go to the website yesterday and low and behold I get the $1500 off, valid til 1/22/21. program code 43CMW3

Any chance or any information on the ability to utilize both? Damm wouldn't that be sweet!
This is bothering me. I cant get the website to come up with the 1500. What are you clicking on to get it

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in south central Minnesota and while I've heard of the volume dealers on the coast (LA, FL, VA), anyone know of a volume dealer closer to my neck of the woods? I'm not entirely opposed to a cross country drive for a good deal but I'd at least like to test the waters closer to me first. Thanks in advance!
The dealer in St Charles was pretty good when I was looking a few months ago. I didn't buy from them but kind of wish I would have.

Lbaez318

Reaction score
I ended up making a deal with a dealer in Red Wing (assuming that may be a couple hour drive for you). Was ready to make a trip out east, but utilized the information on those deals to negotiate with the Red Wing dealer. They were able to get me within a couple hundred considering the travel and higher doc fees, so I decided to save the effort. Sadly I don’t think there are any very high volume dealers near us, which likely means more work.

bwsall

Reaction score
2021 Ram 1500 Limited Night Edition
Technology Group
Level 1 Package
Multi Function Tailgate
5.7 Hemi with eTorque
3.92 Gear Ratio
Bed Utility Package
Sunroof
Trailer Brake Controller

MSRP: $72k
Rebates: $5,750
Dealer Discounts: $8,500
Price Paid: $~58k before tax, title, and license

Also had dealer move my 285/55/22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and level kit over from my 2019 Ram, and had them tint the front windows before delivery.

New Truck 1.jpg
New Truck 2.jpg
New Truck 6.jpg
New Truck 8.jpg

Flamma

Reaction score
For those that have worked with Koons' 6-7% under invoice, please DM me the salesman you worked with. I'm price shopping a 2021 Laramie.

Thanks!

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Technology Group
Level 1 Package
Multi Function Tailgate
5.7 Hemi with eTorque
3.92 Gear Ratio
Bed Utility Package
Sunroof
Trailer Brake Controller

Also had dealer move my 285/55/22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and level kit over from my 2019 Ram, and had them tint the front windows before delivery.

View attachment 74862
View attachment 74863
View attachment 74864
View attachment 74865
Wish I got that deal...

co752

Reaction score
Is the $1500 "Exclusive Bonus Cash" offer from the website stackable with PenFed, Tread Lightly, etc. or not? The question has come up a few times in the last few days but doesn't seem that anyone knows for sure.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Is the $1500 "Exclusive Bonus Cash" offer from the website stackable with PenFed, Tread Lightly, etc. or not? The question has come up a few times in the last few days but doesn't seem that anyone knows for sure.
Tread Lightly gets you 1% below factory invoice and should work with the $1500 "Exclusive Bonus Cash" offer. With some work you should be able to get a dealer to go below that 1% discount anyway. Because anyone can join Tread Lightly, 1% below factory invoice should be your highest starting point in any negotiation.

You need to join Tread Lightly 30 days before you take possession of the vehicle. Even if you are an impatient person you can use the information for leverage.

Last edited:

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
I have a dealer in my area that is offering invoice/Costco pricing, according to the documentation that they emailed me, plus offering a $1000.00 off just to purchase from them ($1000.00 off of $1740.00 hold back). I have opened an account with PenFed, looking at the $1500.00 RAM incentive and TrueCar. Thinking of joining Tread Lightly. All said and done this may lead to about $3000.00 off of the price I am being quoted which would put me about 10% off.

Last edited:

bcpong

Reaction score
Technology Group
Level 1 Package
Multi Function Tailgate
5.7 Hemi with eTorque
3.92 Gear Ratio
Bed Utility Package
Sunroof
Trailer Brake Controller

View attachment 74862
View attachment 74863
View attachment 74864
View attachment 74865
Can you share what the breakdown on the rebates were? $5750 is great!

phil233

Reaction score
Nope, the dealers will not let you stack the bonus cash. I actually received 4, 3 from ram total, $3,000 and one from True car for $500. They told me I could only use one, $1,500. According to a dealer I spoke to today the bonus offers are based on where you live. I saw he had a low internet price and he told me the $1,500 bonus cash was already figured into the deal and would not discount it any more. Another dealer has a higher internet price and when he took off the coupon the prices were very similar. I hope this helps.

Paultg

Reaction score
Do any of you know if any of these high-volume dealers will take an internet or phone order and then ship the truck? I don't mind traveling by car for around 400 miles or so, but traveling any further by air right now is not so great due to Covid. I would then also have to quarantine for two weeks when I got back because of state mandates which I can't do due to my job. If only times were normal. If the prices are as good as being reported here, it would be worth the cost of freight which I figure would be around $800-$1000.

I live in New England. Does anyone know of a high-volume dealer in Maine, Northern NY, CT, VT, MA, or NH? All of these would be in driving distance.
I bought from Carl at Criswell in MD. I’m in NH. He was great to deal with. See my posts here:

Koons is also similar distance, in VA.

dartbrooks

Reaction score
I am new to this forum, so I am not sure what pricing info is considered okay to give on specific dealerships. I just ordered a new build 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie, crew cab, 4x4, with the 6'4" bed from Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA. I had been in contact with high volume dealers all over the country from Dennis Dillon in Idaho to Criswell in Maryland to Koons in Virginia. Aaron gave me the best percentage off MSRP compared to any other dealership I contacted and I didn't have to finance through them to get the discount, which is much more convenient in my opinion. He said that the Tread Lightly affiliation couldn't be used to lower their discounter price further, but he was below other dealerships that required I do Tread Lightly. And he was quick to respond to me and the most up front about fees. I would highly recommend working with him. If anyone wants his email, feel free to DM me.

Kingcobra

Reaction score
Nope, the dealers will not let you stack the bonus cash. I actually received 4, 3 from ram total, $3,000 and one from True car for $500. They told me I could only use one, $1,500. According to a dealer I spoke to today the bonus offers are based on where you live. I saw he had a low internet price and he told me the $1,500 bonus cash was already figured into the deal and would not discount it any more. Another dealer has a higher internet price and when he took off the coupon the prices were very similar. I hope this helps.

I'm interpreting that the National Retail Bonus ($500) and Consumer Cash ($1000) for a 21' Laramie is "Stackable" with the targeted coupon I received for $1500. Any thoughts?

1606343058477.png

Users who are viewing this thread