5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

TaterRam

Reaction score
My hunt is over.

This afternoon I purchased a 2021 Big Horn Built to Serve, long bed, pretty well equipped. Stickered $58,495, got it for $46,800. Combination of discount and incentives/rebates. OTD is a bit irrelevant as I traded in to capitalize on the tax advantage. $399 doc fee. Not the cheapest, not outrageous like some though. I couldn't believe it didn't have the wheel liners, so I got them to include parts and install as part of the deal. Only a couple hundred bucks but made my head happy. Very little negotiating needed throughout it all. No games.

I purposely did not come on here to ask if it was a good deal. It might not be the deal of the day, or week, or month, or all time but I feel I got a lot of truck for my deal. Been looking for months, bounced between Big Horns, Laramies, Rebels, ordering, waiting to see deals on remaining 2020's...my wife even gave the okay to order a TRX (more as a potential

It's easy to get hung on here trying to validate what is a good deal, is there a better deal out there, etc. No doubt this thread has been helpful but everybody is in a different purchasing situation.

Good luck to all, I'm curious to see how the next few months play out.

DjRebel

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted. Be cautious if using truecar with your actual information. Found out that true car is built into many dealer management systems and if you started your search in truecar they can assess a $299.99 fee to your deal regardless of the state you looked in. My example is I started my search in Nevada using truecar (Nevada dealerships won't budge on limiteds). I then started looking in Arizona through dealership websites instead of truecar and found a great deal. We get to the end of negotiating and low and behold they found that I used truecar in the past 90 days in a different state and add the 299 fee even though my point of contact with the dealership was direct with them. Wasn't a lead from true car since I used a Nevada address. I know 299 isn't much but when trying to negotiate the best possible price that leaves a bad taste at the end.

Sidenote: if using the targeted $1500 ram bonus cash from the ram trucks website it won't stack with the truecar $500 rebate for Ram.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Kenny4

Reaction score
Hey guys---Newbie here from Ca. and also trying to find the best deal on a 2021 Ram Bighorn with the Hemi and level one package, Quad cab and 2wd. Here's what my searching has found so far, but all this will be taken off the table 11/30/20.
21cma1---Retail bonus cash---$2500
cacma ---Ca. 2021 bonus cash---$1500
cacma1---Ca. 2021 retail bonus cash---$500, ( $1000 on Crew Cab )
20cm5----2021 Ram Chrysler Capital bonus cash---$500
21cm1----National retail consumer cash---$1000
Chrysler financing---$500

That adds to $6500 for Quad Cab purchased in Ca. And should be subtracted from the Invoice price and not the MSRP.

I noticed scrolling through the threads that almost all the posts are in reference to Higher end Rams. Am I in the wrong thread?

So I'm curious is anyone has any better info than I have provided above. Thanks

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
So here is one for you... about 3 weeks ago.. I got an unsolicited email with my own "private code" for $1,000 off. Expires Jan 4th 2021 and is program 39CM2C. This was about a week after ordering my truck at the dealership. I didn't register on any ram sites that I can recall that day.

Then I read all the above, go to the website yesterday and low and behold I get the $1500 off, valid til 1/22/21. program code 43CMW3

Any chance or any information on the ability to utilize both? Damm wouldn't that be sweet!

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do any of you know if any of these high-volume dealers will take an internet or phone order and then ship the truck? I don't mind traveling by car for around 400 miles or so, but traveling any further by air right now is not so great due to Covid. I would then also have to quarantine for two weeks when I got back because of state mandates which I can't do due to my job. If only times were normal. If the prices are as good as being reported here, it would be worth the cost of freight which I figure would be around $800-$1000.

I live in New England. Does anyone know of a high-volume dealer in Maine, Northern NY, CT, VT, MA, or NH? All of these would be in driving distance.

Bonneville & Sons in Manchester NH is supposed to be the Volume Dealer in NH. My '21 Loaded Laramie is Due in to the Dealer's lot any Day.

There is about $2-2.5K worth of incentives right now, I also got the Extra RAM $1500 rebate and the PENFED $1000 Voucher too.
I am going to try to get them to match Criswell or the EP pricing for everyone to start. (12-13%off MSRP) Then the incentives kick in,
and then my Down Payment.

Malodave

Oak Grove

Reaction score
My truck is on order as of a few weeks ago. I’m expecting it to arrive mid-late December. Dealership is about an 8-9 hour drive. My pricing was below Employee Pricing plus will still get incentives at delivery.
Edit: A forum member saw my note about trying to get the $1,500 Ram coupon by using my kid’s iPads and reached out to me when he had a pop-up blocker up. I’m super grateful as my newly ordered truck will be here within the expiration of the coupon!

Last edited:

jastevenson

Reaction score
Bonneville & Sons in Manchester NH is supposed to be the Volume Dealer in NH. My '21 Loaded Laramie is Due in to the Dealer's lot any Day.

There is about $2-2.5K worth of incentives right now, I also got the Extra RAM $1500 rebate and the PENFED $1000 Voucher too.
I am going to try to get them to match Criswell or the EP pricing for everyone to start. (12-13%off MSRP) Then the incentives kick in,
and then my Down Payment.

Malodave

Did they say you could stack Penfed and Private Offer? I was under the I oresion that they do not stack, but could be wrong.

SparksNVRebel

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted. Be cautious if using truecar with your actual information. Found out that true car is built into many dealer management systems and if you started your search in truecar they can assess a $299.99 fee to your deal regardless of the state you looked in. My example is I started my search in Nevada using truecar (Nevada dealerships won't budge on limiteds). I then started looking in Arizona through dealership websites instead of truecar and found a great deal. We get to the end of negotiating and low and behold they found that I used truecar in the past 90 days in a different state and add the 299 fee even though my point of contact with the dealership was direct with them. Wasn't a lead from true car since I used a Nevada address. I know 299 isn't much but when trying to negotiate the best possible price that leaves a bad taste at the end.

Sidenote: if using the targeted $1500 ram bonus cash from the ram trucks website it won't stack with the truecar $500 rebate for Ram.

Are you north or south of Nevada. I’m in Reno area, I ended up having to build my truck with DennisDillon in Idaho

bramesh

Reaction score
My truck is on order as of a few weeks ago. I’m expecting it to arrive mid-late December. Dealership is about an 8-9 hour drive. My pricing was below Employee Pricing plus will still get incentives at delivery.
Edit: A forum member saw my note about trying to get the $1,500 Ram coupon by using my kid’s iPads and reached out to me when he had a pop-up blocker up. I’m super grateful as my newly ordered truck will be here within the expiration of the coupon!
I'm scheduled for a 8 Dec delivery at Koons :)
I haven't had any luck generating a $1,500 coupon on the Ram website though. Tried with multiple devices. Any tips?

bramesh

Reaction score
The Chrysler rates are terrible. 4-5% is what they offer. I went to my credit union 2.99% and let FCA keep their $500. The issue is that the FCA financial arm is Santander, a subprime lender. They offer higher rates because people buying these trucks have bad credit or are ignorant to what a good rate is. If the rebate is big enough some people will finance through FCA and refinance again after.
FCA is still advertising the 0% APR for 60 months promo. Is that real or just a lure with a higher rate actually proposed on application?

DjRebel

Reaction score
I haven't had any luck generating a $1,500 coupon on the Ram website though. Tried with multiple devices. Any tips?
Try deleting browser history and using chrome. Make sure ad blockers are off.

Jackob2545

Reaction score
First time posting as I have been swimming in a sea of information hunting down my first Ram. Have my eyes on a 2020 Rebel eco diesel currently on a local lot her in Oregon. Current add has it listed at the following price.

MSRP: $62,190
Total Discounts: $7191
Sale Price: $54,999

Spoke with the dealer over the phone to inquire against current promotions and was told the 0% interest option would remove the employee pricing discount tagged to the vehicle. Wondering if this is true in anyone else's experience. I secured the $1500 bonus cash offer today. Can this be stacked on employee pricing or how they currently have it listed? I'm new to negotiation with car buying as our first care was purchased through a Subaru VIP Program with no negotiation. I have access to the Costco Auto Program but my reading tells me I can probably work a better deal outside of that.

Any insight as to what I should be able to get this rig down to, promotions, or approaches I should take to get the best price would be greatly appreciated. Trying to get as close to $50,000 before TTL.

Great forum here and an abundance of information!

Thanks!

Last edited:

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
First time posting as I have been swimming in a sea of information hunting down my first Ram. Have my eyes on a 2020 Rebel eco diesel currently on a local lot her in Oregon. Current add has it listed at the following price.

MSRP: $62,190
Total Discounts: $7191
Sale Price: $54,999

Spoke with the dealer over the phone to inquire against current promotions and was told the 0% interest option would remove the employee pricing discount tagged to the vehicle. Wondering if this is true in anyone else's experience. I secured the $1500 bonus cash offer today. Can this be stacked on employee pricing or how they currently have it listed? I'm new to negotiation with car buying as our first care was purchased through a Subaru VIP Program with no negotiation. I have access to the Costco Auto Program but my reading tells me I can probably work a better deal outside of that.

Any insight as to what I should be able to get this rig down to, promotions, or approaches I should take to get the best price would be greatly appreciated. Trying to get as close to $50,000 before TTL.

Great forum here and an abundance of information!

Thanks!
Employee pricing/friends and family dicount/fleet pricing often come with different financing deals. Also, if 0% financing, the discount is usually smaller as a result (baked into the price of the vehicle)

bcpong

Reaction score
It took a few tries, but I tried with multiple browsers and different VPN locations before I got it to work. I also cleared cookies and made sure to enable pop ups. My successful run was with Safari, VPN'd into Seattle, in the morning on MacOS

Also note that on some mobile browsers, it doesnt necessarily show up as a pop up but rather at the bottom of the page. On desktop, I believe it just "pops up" within the page, not as an actual separate pop up window

Mike7311

Reaction score
FCA is still advertising the 0% APR for 60 months promo. Is that real or just a lure with a higher rate actually proposed on application?
Correct, zero is only if you don’t take the rebates, it’s either or. If you take the rebates the FCA interest rate is much higher.

bramesh

Reaction score
Correct, zero is only if you don’t take the rebates, it’s either or. If you take the rebates the FCA interest rate is much higher.
The 2021 Ram 1500 Limited 4WD incentive page shows a "$1500 cash allowance" and a "0% for 60mo with $500" for Nov.
I assumed that if I chose the 0% rate offer, I'd only be eligible for the $500 chrysler financing rebate that came with it and not the other $1500. Is my understanding correct?
Do you know if rebates such as PenFed, TrueCar, FCA affiliate are allowed when 0% financing is chosen?

jorballs

Reaction score
I'm in south central Minnesota and while I've heard of the volume dealers on the coast (LA, FL, VA), anyone know of a volume dealer closer to my neck of the woods? I'm not entirely opposed to a cross country drive for a good deal but I'd at least like to test the waters closer to me first. Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread