5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Silent Bob

Reaction score
This information will be updated here LINK

With differing degrees of work you can get a good to great price on your new truck. We will start with the discounted price on the truck and cover rebates/incentives at the end.

Easy Method

For those who do not want to put in much effort use just the Affiliate Pricing Program and any available rebates. You will get 1% below Invoice Pricing (FWP)

Check to see if your employer is part of the Affiliate Pricing Program LINK
If not join Access Fund for $50 - LINK
or
Tread Lightly for $100 - LINK
You must join 30 days before you take possession of the vehicle. This works at any dealership.

You can find invoice pricing for your model and all factory options at one of these websites.
NADA Guides - LINK
Car Connection - LINK

Get a Lower Price

Now that we know anyone can easily get 1% off the factory invoice this can be a starting point to negotiation for those willing to put in the work.
Make email contact with as many dealerships as possible and ask them for their best price. Go to websites and look for contacts for Sales Manager, Internet Sales Manager or Fleet Manager if possible. Those in the internet and fleet departments are used to giving lower prices than the general salesmen. Some fleet departments will not work with an individual and will pass you off. Looking for high volume dealers in adjacent states can often get you lower prices.

Rebates/Cash Incentives

There are other nationwide and local rebates and incentives available in addition to the ones below

You can often get a rebate ($1500 as of this writing) by going to ramtrucks.com and giving them your email. It is a popup so turn off you ad/popup blocker. If you don't get it try a different device or browser.

BonusDrive $250 Rebate - You or someone in your household must own, lease, or trade in a vehicle that is not a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, or Fiat. You do not need to be an Allstate customer for this - LINK

Membership Cash Incentives
PenFed - $1000 (does not combine with military $500) LINK
Future Farmers of America (FFA) - $500 LINK
SAM's Club (wholesale market) - $1000 LINK
National Association of Realtors - $500 + Mopar Vehicle Protection package LINK
More Offers currently including Military Personnel $500, First Responder Personnel $500, and DriveAbility Disability Assistance $1000 LINK
USAA no longer offers cash incentives.

You can call FCA Incentives at 1-800-227-0757 to help you figure out which rebates you can use. Helpfulness varies on who you talk to.

Here are some excellent links on how to save the most money.

Surprising tips for car shopping in Internet age LINK

This forums thread "Price negotiated from MSRP" LINK

Member j-drew post that inspired mine LINK

Five-part investigative series on car buying LINK

Another Technique

James Bragg technique (below) for car buying suggests calling but can also be applied to emailing if you prefer.

”¢ First, find the best price offered by dealers on your favorite car-buying website. Get both a price for the car and a detailed “out-the-door” price, including motor vehicle department fees, sales taxes and any dealer charges for documentation, etc. Then keep that number in your hip pocket.

”¢ On the weekend before the last 3, 4 or 5 consecutive weekdays of the month, check dealer inventories online. Many stores list it there. Choose 5 or 6 stores (ideally, but not necessarily, with cars you’d buy if the price were right), even if some are 50 or more miles away. More remote dealers may see you as a sale they’d never make and sell at a better price than they’d offer their neighbors.

”¢ Call their Internet sales managers on the 1st morning if there are 3 consecutive weekdays, the 2nd morning if there are 4, the 3rd if there are 5. Describe the car you want in detail, say you’re ready to buy by month-end, that you’re contacting a limited number of dealers to get price proposals and you’d like to get one from that store. That you need both the price of the car and an itemized out-the-door price (with the details listed above) by phone or email by 11:00 AM the next morning. (Be sure they know your location, so they can figure the sales tax correctly.)

”¢ Say you’ll call all responders that next afternoon, tell them the best out-the-door price and give them one shot at beating it. (It’s none of their business where it came from.) You’re ready to buy, and you want someone to knock your socks off at month-end. But you won’t buy from anyone who doesn’t participate from the beginning.

”¢ The next morning call those you haven’t heard from by 11:00 AM, tell them you have proposals from other dealers and you’re waiting for their response. If any responses have been incomplete, call and ask for the missing info. Call everyone that afternoon with the best out-the-door offer. If the initial o-t-d price from the online car-buying site is the best Round 1 offer, use that price in those calls. (When you’re eliminating the cost of the middleman, that won’t happen often. But it could happen.)

”¢ The store offering the best o-t-d price is the winner. “There will be no third round.” Ask the winner to confirm all the numbers via email because you hate surprises, and say you’re looking forward to giving that store nothing but the highest scores in the questionnaire about how you were treated. Make an appointment to sign the papers and pick up the car. Finally, as a courtesy, call the other dealers to thank them for participating.

Last edited:

kp_ram2019

Reaction score
Correct, zero is only if you don’t take the rebates, it’s either or. If you take the rebates the FCA interest rate is much higher.
Forget the rebates a dealer just told me I would loose all dealer discounts on 2021 model too!!

DjRebel

Reaction score

With differing degrees of work you can get a good to great price on your new truck. We will start with the discounted price on the truck and cover rebates/incentives at the end.

For those who do not want to put in much effort use the just the Affiliate Pricing Program and any available rebates.
You will get 1% below Invoice Pricing (FWP)
or
You must join 30 days before you take possession of the vehicle. This works at any dealership.

You can find invoice pricing for your model and all factory options at one of these websites.
NADA Guides - LINK
Car Connection - LINK

Now that we know anyone can easily get 1% off the factory invoice this can be a starting point for negotiation for those willing to put in the work.
Make email contact with as many dealerships as possible and ask them for their best price. Go to websites and look for contacts for Sales Manager, Internet Sales Manager or Fleet Manager if possible. Those in the internet and fleet departments are used to giving lower prices than the general salesmen. Some fleet departments will not work with an individual and will pass you off. Looking for high volume dealers in adjacent states can often get you lower prices.

Rebates/Cash Incentives

There are other nationwide and local rebates and incentives available in addition to the ones below
You can often get a rebate ($1500 as of this writing) by going to ramtrucks.com and giving them your email. It is a popup so turn off you ad/popup blocker. If you don't get it try a different device or browser.
$250 Rebate - You do not need to be an Allstate customer for this - LINK

More Offers currently including Military Personnel $500, First Responder Personnel $500, and DriveAbility Disability Assistance $1000 LINK

You can call FCA Incentives at 1-800-227-0757 to help you figure out which rebates you can use. Helpfulness varies on who you talk to.

Another Technique

James Bragg technique (below) for car buying suggests calling but can also be applied to emailing if you prefer.

”¢ First, find the best price offered by dealers on your favorite car-buying website. Get both a price for the car and a detailed “out-the-door” price, including motor vehicle department fees, sales taxes and any dealer charges for documentation, etc. Then keep that number in your hip pocket.

”¢ On the weekend before the last 3, 4 or 5 consecutive weekdays of the month, check dealer inventories online. Many stores list it there. Choose 5 or 6 stores (ideally, but not necessarily, with cars you’d buy if the price were right), even if some are 50 or more miles away. More remote dealers may see you as a sale they’d never make and sell at a better price than they’d offer their neighbors.

”¢ Call their Internet sales managers on the 1st morning if there are 3 consecutive weekdays, the 2nd morning if there are 4, the 3rd if there are 5. Describe the car you want in detail, say you’re ready to buy by month-end, that you’re contacting a limited number of dealers to get price proposals and you’d like to get one from that store. That you need both the price of the car and an itemized out-the-door price (with the details listed above) by phone or email by 11:00 AM the next morning. (Be sure they know your location, so they can figure the sales tax correctly.)

”¢ Say you’ll call all responders that next afternoon, tell them the best out-the-door price and give them one shot at beating it. (It’s none of their business where it came from.) You’re ready to buy, and you want someone to knock your socks off at month-end. But you won’t buy from anyone who doesn’t participate from the beginning.

”¢ The next morning call those you haven’t heard from by 11:00 AM, tell them you have proposals from other dealers and you’re waiting for their response. If any responses have been incomplete, call and ask for the missing info. Call everyone that afternoon with the best out-the-door offer. If the initial o-t-d price from the online car-buying site is the best Round 1 offer, use that price in those calls. (When you’re eliminating the cost of the middleman, that won’t happen often. But it could happen.)

”¢ The store offering the best o-t-d price is the winner. “There will be no third round.” Ask the winner to confirm all the numbers via email because you hate surprises, and say you’re looking forward to giving that store nothing but the highest scores in the questionnaire about how you were treated. Make an appointment to sign the papers and pick up the car. Finally, as a courtesy, call the other dealers to thank them for participating.
Mind elaborating on the sam's club bonus cash? Is it stackable? If it's like a truecar rebate, it isn't stackable with the ramtrucks.com $1500 rebate

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They would not stack mine. But it did get me an extra $500 for a total of $3500.
I signed today and will pick up the truck on the 1st. Have to get insurance and
Start the Registration process on the 1st too.

I also got an Extended Warranty for 10 Years/125K miles for $2700 .
Jasper wanted $2050 for 8 yr/100K, so I thought this was a better buy
with the Ecodiesel I ordered.

Malodave

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Mind elaborating on the sam's club bonus cash? Is it stackable? If it's like a truecar rebate, it isn't stackable with the ramtrucks.com $1500 rebate

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
From the Sam's Club link: Bonus Cash Allowance offer is valid at any franchised FCA US LLC dealer or FIAT Studio. This Bonus Cash Allowance offer is not available to the general public. Offer is additive with most current national, regional, and other bonus incentives and is available on, Dealership Employee Purchase, On-The-Job, Automobility, Friends, or Affiliate Rewards Program vehicles. Certificate is valid for the person named on certificate and is transferable only to immediate family members within the same household with proof of address (valid driver's license or state identification card required). Certificate must be presented to a franchised FCA US LLC Dealer or FIAT Studio. Only one (1) original certificate is valid; duplicates are not. Certificate must be redeemed at time of purchase or lease of eligible vehicle. Only one (1) original certificate may be redeemed per eligible customer per vehicle. Offer not redeemable on a purchase/lease made prior to receiving this certificate. Certificate is nonnegotiable and not redeemable for cash. Vehicle eligibility is subject to change without notice. See dealer for details. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, and Ram are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC. FIAT® is a registered trademark of FCA Group Marketing S.p.A., used under license by FCA US LLC. You have 60 days to redeem this offer.

kooz21

Reaction score
They would not stack mine. But it did get me an extra $500 for a total of $3500.
I signed today and will pick up the truck on the 1st. Have to get insurance and
Start the Registration process on the 1st too.

I also got an Extended Warranty for 10 Years/125K miles for $2700 .
Jasper wanted $2050 for 8 yr/100K, so I thought this was a better buy
with the Ecodiesel I ordered.

Malodave
Wait, done deal?! Sweet! After your previous post, I thought you were in for a long negotiation. Did they match the Criswell price then deduct the $3500?

bwsall

Reaction score
Can you share what the breakdown on the rebates were? $5750 is great!
These were the rebates available from Ally Bank, and not Chrysler Capital which is what’s advertised on Ram’s website. Ally Bank doesn’t work with all dealerships, but do work with most Ram dealers I’ve experienced.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up my Laramie today. Just want to post what happened during the pick up process. First thing; I never expected to go into the dealer and have them hand the truck over for the agreed price without playing some sort of games. However, long story short the dealer tried to play off as if the original price I agreed to before rebates was the price including rebates at time of order. Unfortunately for them I had all the documentation of pricing and emails stating the agreed price was prior to any rebates or incentives. Just a good reminder to get things in writing if possible before stepping into the dealership. Really made the “haggling process” super simple. The price I had agreed to was definitely low and I think it surprised them that it was agreed to on their end. Ultimately I’m happy they chose to honor it and I brought the truck home.
62k MSRP
- $4750 in rebates and 0% financing ($1500 bonus cash, $1000 rebate,$2250 dealer coupon.)
- $7300 dealer discounts.
The $2250 dealer coupon was something they had to add in to be able to honor their price. I think the sales associate that told me my price before rebates prior to ordering made a mistake and I pushed them to honor that price.
EE2BAA15-B716-4B77-B4C1-7AF310E6837B.jpeg

Last edited:

EEnginerd

Reaction score
Long story short the dealer tried to play off as if the original price I agreed to before rebates was the price including rebates at time of order.
Lol. "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner." Because I love the movie Heat, and because it certainly applies to any deal. But congrats!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol. "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner." Because I love the movie Heat, and because it certainly applies to any deal. But congrats!
It does! I made sure the salesman I worked with knew I had zero issues with walking out if the deal wasn’t right. Thank you!

EEnginerd

Reaction score
It does! I made sure the salesman I worked with knew I had zero issues with walking out if the deal wasn’t right. Thank you!
I wish I had your patience. The second they started the fck-fck games, I'd kindly ask for my deposit back (or just file a claim, my credit card company is awesome) on my way out the door. I would like a new truck, but certainly don't need one.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish I had your patience. The second they started the fck-fck games, I'd kindly ask for my deposit back (or just file a claim, my credit card company is awesome) on my way out the door. I would like a new truck, but certainly don't need one.
I certainly expect some kind of foolishness. But I didn’t think it would be as easy as it was for me to catch on, prove them wrong, and move forward with the deal. If they would’ve fought me on that there was a much higher chance of me walking out.

jastevenson

Reaction score
You negotiated your Ram after ordering it? We agreed on a price and I put down a deposit before it was ordered. Others seem to have done the same. Odd that your dealer ordered one without setting a price first.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You negotiated your Ram after ordering it? We agreed on a price and I put down a deposit before it was ordered. Others seem to have done the same. Odd that your dealer ordered one without setting a price first.
No, the price was agreed on. But when I picked it up they tried saying that was the price with current rebates at order time. That’s not the case as the price we agreed to was before any rebates which I had in writing. Still got it at the price we agreed to before the order was placed.

baccigalup

Reaction score

For those who do not want to put in much effort use the just the Affiliate Pricing Program and any available rebates.
You will get 1% below Invoice Pricing (FWP)
or

NADA Guides - LINK
Car Connection - LINK

Now that we know anyone can easily get 1% off the factory invoice this can be a starting point for negotiation for those willing to put in the work.

Rebates/Cash Incentives

$250 Rebate - You do not need to be an Allstate customer for this - LINK

Another Technique

I called incentives and told them i had a 1000 bonus cash from ram and would like the 1500 dollar one and she had no clue...looked up my current incentive and said my dealer should have done a buyer profile and offered me all avaialable discounts and i shoulds contact them....i cant get the 1500 cash bonus to pop up on any browser so ill have to do with the 1000 dollar one.....i got a 500 bonus from my current job thats supposed to be stackable and theres the bonusdrive after the fact so hopefully i can get some more incentives...car is at dealer. I anticipate a week or two so im gonna hope december brings some new rebates

Total

Reaction score
What kind of deal did they work with you on?

I posted my deal on this thread about a month ago if you want to see the details of it. Long story short, I got about $6k off MSRP before tax and incentives.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I called incentives and told them i had a 1000 bonus cash from ram and would like the 1500 dollar one and she had no clue...looked up my current incentive and said my dealer should have done a buyer profile and offered me all avaialable discounts and i shoulds contact them....i cant get the 1500 cash bonus to pop up on any browser so ill have to do with the 1000 dollar one.....i got a 500 bonus from my current job thats supposed to be stackable and theres the bonusdrive after the fact so hopefully i can get some more incentives...car is at dealer. I anticipate a week or two so im gonna hope december brings some new rebates
Did you make sure to turn off your popup/ad blocker?
Try on both a desktop/laptop and a smartphone.

NJT3

Reaction score
What's the % of msrp for invoice on Laramie? Dealer is saying invoice is 56921 and MSRP of 58440... That's only about 2.6% below MSRP so seems fishy

Users who are viewing this thread