5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I dealt with Autonation here in Spring, TX. I did everything via email with the manager. When I went in to purchase, they didnt try anything shady.
I would buy from them again.

Autonation Spring , Adam Memeti was helpful and had straight forward pricing, just didn't have the truck I wanted
Also, Blake Helfer at RiverOaks in Houston and Rich Burkhalter at Meador in Fort Worth

SJC5

Reaction score
Going to put a deposit down on a build tomorrow. Laramie night edition. The msrp is 62K and it’s discounted to 53,475. $500 doc fee plus tax and tags. Then any available rebates including true car and tread lightly. Seems the best I can come across. Does that sound good? This threads helped a ton thanks
This is good. I am in PA and also ordered a 2021 Laramie Night Edition MSRP for $62,810 and I am at $57k before any rebates. I bought local and checked many dealerships and Costco pricing and best I got was $1k under invoice.

LMorris

Reaction score
Going to put a deposit down on a build tomorrow. Laramie night edition. The msrp is 62K and it’s discounted to 53,475. $500 doc fee plus tax and tags. Then any available rebates including true car and tread lightly. Seems the best I can come across. Does that sound good? This threads helped a ton thanks
Kpat1984 - Where are you and what dealership do you work with? Thank you

bramesh

Reaction score
Bramesh - Thanks for the above. Very helpful! Do you know if the TruCar stacks with the TreadLightly? Is is that the same as affliate?
Tread Lightly is the same as FCA affiliate. I don't think it stacks with either TrueCar or PenFed, so do the math on which rebate give you the best pricing.

bramesh

Reaction score
The forum really needs a recommended dealer list. Although i bought my truck from them I would not recommend Gillman Ram of Houston due to the amount of work i had to put in just to get a dealer discount which ended up being 2500 dollars. I ended up getting parts and accessories at no charge which made the deal work on my end but save the headache and just dont go there...I would also not recommend Southfork Ram of Pearland due to them absolutely refusing to give me an OTD price via email.
+1 on this suggestion... if more dealers realize the amount of referrals this forum can drive (or divert), they'll be less likely to do shady stuff to keep that revenue stream coming.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
+1 on this suggestion... if more dealers realize the amount of referrals this forum can drive (or divert), they'll be less likely to do shady stuff to keep that revenue stream coming.
Agree but its hard to keep something current. It would be a great help for new buyers.

BowDown

Reaction score
Agree but its hard to keep something current. It would be a great help for new buyers.
Not only that but I'd bet this and other forums represent less than 1% of where buyers come from.
Given the difficulty us educated buyers are/have had buying because dealers KNOW that a less educated emotional buyer is right behind one of us, I see no incentive for them to care.

That's the thing people don't understand about forums, we aren't the majority, not even the minority and things posted here get attention or are glorified/exaggerated by the small populist but in reality only represent a miniscule %.

emings

Reaction score
Not only that but I'd bet this and other forums represent less than 1% of where buyers come from.
Given the difficulty us educated buyers are/have had buying because dealers KNOW that a less educated emotional buyer is right behind one of us, I see no incentive for them to care.

That's the thing people don't understand about forums, we aren't the majority, not even the minority and things posted here get attention or are glorified/exaggerated by the small populist but in reality only represent a miniscule %.
Im willing to bet the reality is much worse than any of us post here

baccigalup

Reaction score

Thats true but i am sure the three vendors on this site are doing very well over others not on this site... if i was going to be a car salesman i would say thats a good edge.

BowDown

Reaction score
Thats true but i am sure the three vendors on this site are doing very well over others not on this site... if i was going to be a car salesman i would say thats a good edge.

But I'd bet they are doing well over all, not just because of buyers from here. Good salespeople are going to succeed

EGP

Reaction score
I think we may have secured a deal from Tempe Ram. They have a Big Horn currently on their lot for a whopping 23.55% below MSRP. I asked someone in sales to match that on a custom built '21 Ram Limited. He agreed. I usually take deals that are too good to be true with a grain of salt, and so I have my doubts...but who the heck knows. To be finalized on Tuesday after they get a chance to run my credit and write down numbers officially. Crossing my fingers. KILLER DEAL IF SO.
Did you get your deal completed with that discount?

emings

Reaction score
I think we may have secured a deal from Tempe Ram. They have a Big Horn currently on their lot for a whopping 23.55% below MSRP. I asked someone in sales to match that on a custom built '21 Ram Limited. He agreed. I usually take deals that are too good to be true with a grain of salt, and so I have my doubts...but who the heck knows. To be finalized on Tuesday after they get a chance to run my credit and write down numbers officially. Crossing my fingers. KILLER DEAL IF SO.
Hope it went well for you

Bas

Reaction score
NP. If you have an FCA affiliate discount (via Tread Lightly or work) he can take an additional 0.5% off FWP, and he'll include any rebates available given at time of delivery. I'm choosing to apply a $1000 PenFed rebate at delivery though, which apparently doesn't stack with affiliate? Then there's a $250 BonusDrive rebate you can claim as well after delivery.
Also be aware that you'll need to either pickup the vehicle at Koons or independently arrange for it to be transported to Long Island. Your drive is far shorter than mine though (I'm in Houston) :)
Interesting, I talked to Koons months ago (not Craig) and whomever I talked to at the time said 'they' can't apply the penfed discount plus added the destination charge back on. I looked for months and in the end bought a 3 year old slightly used f150 limited.

BoDarville

Reaction score
Anyone get a great deal leasing in TX/OK/NM? Trying to get a Southwest edition Laramie, looking for a good dealer to work with. Not all of them do out of state.

baccigalup

Reaction score
Interesting, I talked to Koons months ago (not Craig) and whomever I talked to at the time said 'they' can't apply the penfed discount plus added the destination charge back on. I looked for months and in the end bought a 3 year old slightly used f150 limited.
Were you getting the 6.5 percent with them? I was dealing with criswell at anothrr location before i knew they were part of this.....but when i found they were a vendor on this site and presented it to them they couldnt work the same deal.....this may be a specific salesperson who has this arrangement.

Kpat1984

Reaction score
Hello Kpat1984 what laramie did you order and what was the cost, I am 99% done, the folks at Koons sent over the best 2021 offer. it’s worth the drive down from NY
I ordered laramie night edition fairly loaded. MSRP 63,300 adjusted price of 54,770 plus Tax tags and $500 dealer fee. Then whatever incentives are available on delivery. They said 6-8 weeks but who knows. They were lower than Koons and Criswell and about 45 minutes closer to me in CT. Put the deposit in today

baccigalup

Reaction score
I ordered laramie night edition fairly loaded. MSRP 63,300 adjusted price of 54,770 plus Tax tags and $500 dealer fee. Then whatever incentives are available on delivery. They said 6-8 weeks but who knows. They were lower than Koons and Criswell and about 45 minutes closer to me in CT. Put the deposit in today
14 percent below msrp is at about the koons discount....criswell was about 2 percent lower than koons....you shoukd have been close to koons sans the higher fee

Users who are viewing this thread