5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

emings

Reaction score
I think it is a decent deal though my deal is pretty close to yours but it just comes down to if you have extras or not. So it might be better to do percents. Mine is 2020, silver, 4x4, limited, 22 miles, pano roof, 22in wheels, body color bump, level one, 33 gal tank, 3.92 diff, anti-spin, tbc. This was my ideal and found it finally after months trying to find it.

It was like wrestling an alligator and the darn dealer did not budge on their extra crap they had to add - mopar wheel locks and mopar lojack. So I am stuck with it. Also, I found it in TX and shipping it to CO. Basically I could have flown down there and picked it up but the price was $850 to transport so not worth the hassle. I threaten to walk twice, they didn't care. They said, we will sell it. Did all through texts, email and also had to call.

FYI - I called FCA to confirm all the rebates I qualified because TX had extra and CO doesn't. If you do call FCA, make sure you get the exact model down to the tee. I called and gave all the info but we missed something and I thought the dealer was screwing me but we found out that my truck and rebate was not the exact model. So I could have had an extra rebate but it didn't match.

So the breakdown since this forum helped so much

MSRP $69,015
Base deal with rebates and savings = $54,994 (20.4%)
Dealer crap addons and transport OTD before taxes = $56,072 (18.8% off)

So it might be a wash compared to your deal. I have 4x4 - you have 4x2. I have 33 gal - you don't. You have 266 miles - I have 22. Not sure if you have TBC - I do. I think you might be able to squeeze more out of your deal if you try.

Thanks all again for all the great info. I don't think great deals are there, just pick the deal you are comfortable with. I was hoping to hit $53k before taxes but 2020's Silver with my specs are hard to find and it is getting close to the end of the year so I decided to pull the trigger.
My truck also has mopar wheel locks that the dealer didnt charge me for. Normally walking out would work and the salesman would chase you down to offer a better deal but in Covid if you don't buy it someone else will. My truck was a dealer trade that someone had ordered from the factory and ended up not buying it. The second guy who wanted to buy it couldn't obtain financing and someone else was coming in that afternoon to buy the truck had i not beat them to the chase.

Coog61

Reaction score
I think it is a decent deal though my deal is pretty close to yours but it just comes down to if you have extras or not. So it might be better to do percents. Mine is 2020, silver, 4x4, limited, 22 miles, pano roof, 22in wheels, body color bump, level one, 33 gal tank, 3.92 diff, anti-spin, tbc. This was my ideal and found it finally after months trying to find it.

It was like wrestling an alligator and the darn dealer did not budge on their extra crap they had to add - mopar wheel locks and mopar lojack. So I am stuck with it. Also, I found it in TX and shipping it to CO. Basically I could have flown down there and picked it up but the price was $850 to transport so not worth the hassle. I threaten to walk twice, they didn't care. They said, we will sell it. Did all through texts, email and also had to call.

FYI - I called FCA to confirm all the rebates I qualified because TX had extra and CO doesn't. If you do call FCA, make sure you get the exact model down to the tee. I called and gave all the info but we missed something and I thought the dealer was screwing me but we found out that my truck and rebate was not the exact model. So I could have had an extra rebate but it didn't match.

So the breakdown since this forum helped so much

MSRP $69,015
Base deal with rebates and savings = $54,994 (20.4%)
Dealer crap addons and transport OTD before taxes = $56,072 (18.8% off)

So it might be a wash compared to your deal. I have 4x4 - you have 4x2. I have 33 gal - you don't. You have 266 miles - I have 22. Not sure if you have TBC - I do. I think you might be able to squeeze more out of your deal if you try.

Thanks all again for all the great info. I don't think great deals are there, just pick the deal you are comfortable with. I was hoping to hit $53k before taxes but 2020's Silver with my specs are hard to find and it is getting close to the end of the year so I decided to pull the trigger.

You was your dealer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ST9

Reaction score
My truck also has mopar wheel locks that the dealer didnt charge me for. Normally walking out would work and the salesman would chase you down to offer a better deal but in Covid if you don't buy it someone else will. My truck was a dealer trade that someone had ordered from the factory and ended up not buying it. The second guy who wanted to buy it couldn't obtain financing and someone else was coming in that afternoon to buy the truck had i not beat them to the chase.

Yup. I think you can still walk out and they chase you but it has to be on cars (like a Buick not trucks, especially on the Ram's interior). No one in CO would touch this deal. Found through a friend another dealer in KY that maybe could beat it....crickets, no word back. I found one in OK that was close but missed some options I wanted and it was $300 cheaper but I didn't want to settle at this price point. So COVID has changed the dynamic. I thought we would see rock'n deals but it seems like most dealers don't have any real reason to give big discounts. People are buying and I knew that if it dropped another $1k at the base, it was going to get gobbled up fast. If I wanted a white limited - I think I could have gotten a better deal but I liked the sliver better.

Last edited:

ST9

Reaction score
You was your dealer?

I am getting it through Autonation in TX. At first they seemed straight up, then it got squirrel-y because rebates and quotes were wrong and they said they made a mistake. I had to call and the Mgr and Sales guy were throwing each under the bus, it was pretty funny. I didn't know if who was shooting straight or not so I had to escalate and talk to a higher up. We got it cleared up and the main sales person was professional. So would I recommend them? If I was in Texas and went to the dealership, maybe would have had a better experience. Since it was text and then phone, only if it is a great deal posted. I was headhunting anyway so they probably didn't care to have me as a customer.

njt07

Reaction score
I am getting it through Autonation in TX. At first they seemed straight up, then it got squirrel-y because rebates and quotes were wrong and they said they made a mistake. I had to call and the Mgr and Sales guy were throwing each under the bus, it was pretty funny. I didn't know if who was shooting straight or not so I had to escalate and talk to a higher up. We got it cleared up and the main sales person was professional. So would I recommend them? If I was in Texas and went to the dealership, maybe would have had a better experience. Since it was text and then phone, only if it is a great deal posted. I was headhunting anyway so they probably didn't care to have me as a customer.
Which autonation (city) and salesperson (recommend or not)? Wondering if they are close by me or not (north dallas area).

AstroBacon

Reaction score
How do I find out the incentives/rebates available? All I'm seeing on ramtrucks.com is $1000 National Retailer Consumer Cash and $500 Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash on the 2021 Limited.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Which autonation (city) and salesperson (recommend or not)? Wondering if they are close by me or not (north dallas area).

I think he went to Autonation in Spring, a little North of Houston.
Check with Meador if you're in Dallas

fun2bme

Reaction score
Looking @ at 2021 4x4 Longhorn Limited. MSRP is $67,205 for the build I want. Have offer of $56,843 which includes the $1000K consumer cash and $500 financing cash (so $58,343 before rebates). Dealer fees are an additional $399 plus TTL. Invoice on this vehicle is $61,810. Ordering vehicle and dealer will sell order protected on the rebates & allow me to take advantage of the new rebates if they are higher when the truck comes in. Being told ~8-10 wks. Dealer also says they also throw in a lifetime powertrain, but I don't have any details on how legit that is. Is this a good deal? I've traded emails with another ~20 dealerships in my area (IL) and this is the best I've seen by ~$1800. Wondering how it compares to what others have seen.

htownbrewer

Reaction score
Yeah Mike's great. Really easy to deal with.
I searched the forums, but don't see it. Do you have the contact for Mike with Lakeland? I'm currently shopping for a BTS. Found one a couple hundred miles away with the build I want, but they said their best offer was about $2500 off of MSRP. Thanks.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looking @ at 2021 4x4 Longhorn Limited. MSRP is $67,205 for the build I want. Have offer of $56,843 which includes the $1000K consumer cash and $500 financing cash (so $58,343 before rebates). Dealer fees are an additional $399 plus TTL. Invoice on this vehicle is $61,810. Ordering vehicle and dealer will sell order protected on the rebates & allow me to take advantage of the new rebates if they are higher when the truck comes in. Being told ~8-10 wks. Dealer also says they also throw in a lifetime powertrain, but I don't have any details on how legit that is. Is this a good deal? I've traded emails with another ~20 dealerships in my area (IL) and this is the best I've seen by ~$1800. Wondering how it compares to what others have seen.
Based on what I’ve been reading in this thread, you’ve got a pretty decent deal there as long as its equipped as you want. Sounds like you are getting as much of a price reduction and rebates as possible. Unsure what the dealer’s likely 3rd party powertrain warranty is, don’t give that much credence. It would be different if it was a factory one, but doubtful.

If you really want a truck now, I’d say go for it. Otherwise it sounds like the dealers may have a bit of the upper hand at the present.

Nv6425

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the incentives change monthly and if so, when can we expect to see the November changes?

AK103

Reaction score
I searched the forums, but don't see it. Do you have the contact for Mike with Lakeland? I'm currently shopping for a BTS. Found one a couple hundred miles away with the build I want, but they said their best offer was about $2500 off of MSRP. Thanks.

I PMed you with his info.
Hope you get your dream truck brother!

Reaction score
I got a smoking deal on my 2020 Ram Rebel, 57k MSRP and got over $8,000 off. Also took the 0.9% for 84mo. I had to drive 1.5 hours to the dealer unloading it back in May.

Is this 0.9% for 84 months only available on certain trims? Specifically is limited included?

Users who are viewing this thread